Votes: 166 46.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Dead and parents are innocent

Votes: 63 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe but we have babies that are taken out of houses and off sidewalks. We don't know that. It could have been that it would have happened at another time and she was being watched. We just don't know.

Well, I do know. If the parents would have been in the hotel room, it wouldn't have happened then.

JMO

It was a hotel room, not a house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes. I am aware of that. But the other families that were doing it and nothing happened to their kids, Are people mad at them?

We can always look back with 20/20. I think they felt safe there and had a plan and just did not even think this was possible.

I am sure for the rest of their life they will think about that.

I think it's safe to assume that none of us would leave a group of toddlers alone while we went out to a bar / restaurant in a foreign country, I just cannot understand why they didn't use the babysitting facilities available to them at the resort. In that way they are responsible, at the very least. The poor kids, imagine being a near baby, waking up and realising mum and dad were nowhere to be found.

Well, I do know. If the parents would have been in the hotel room, it wouldn't have happened then.

JMO

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe it would have happened somewhere else if she was being watched.

It still does not make them guilty of anything surrounding the disappearance. I think if they did something criminal by leaving the kids, They would have been charged with that.

I don't think their parenting at all has garnered them support. But I think we want Maddie found most of all. I don't believe that their babysitting issues leads to them being responsible for the death of their child. I see nothing that proves that.

It is lovely that you have belief and optimism but not to state others are entirely wrong when they are discussing ideas.

This is a sleuthing site. :websleuther:

We need to keep an open mind and go where the evidence takes us.

In both these cases, there is ample evidence implicating the parents and zilch indicating anyone else. :moo:

Despite 6 folks in JB's underwear and the Tapas claims of Creepy Man, there has been exactly zero evidence found of any intruder being on the scene.

No fingerprints, no hairs, no points of exit or entry, nothing.

Add in the fact that both girls were extremely low risk victim types, being children from somewhat privileged backgrounds, with "caring" parents in situ, no drug or domestic violence histories, no RSO creeps living on the corner.

These girls should both be growing up in their princess beds with their facebook and their crushes...statistically speaking, at least.

AFAIC, neither set of parents cooperated with the investigation, neither set of parents actually physically looked for their children before calling for every man and his dog to attend. Both rubbished the police investigations from Day One and both started legal actions against everyone and anyone who hinted they were not totally blameless.

Both got out of Dodge as soon as they were able...Kate to a bizarre public Pope visit. :waitasec:

Too many ticks on the balance sheet, for me to have any faith in their innocence, whatsoever.

:seeya:

:cow:

I think it's safe to assume that none of us would leave a group of toddlers alone while we went out to a bar / restaurant in a foreign country, I just cannot understand why they didn't use the babysitting facilities available to them at the resort. In that way they are responsible, at the very least. The poor kids, imagine being a near baby, waking up and realising mum and dad were nowhere to be found.

At the very least the McCann's are guilty of neglect.

JMO

I see it everyday, at the beach, the pool, People assume there is enough people around and don't really watch their children. In fact I am sure there are other mothers like me who tend to keep our eye on other children because we can see their parents aren't.

It is a tough and emotional issue. The kids being left that night, But I just don't see it rising to criminal.

It's not a "tough issue" for most of us, we stay home or hire babysitters! :scared:

What's criminal is, they still refuse to accept any blame whatsoever for their daughter vanishing while they were out having a good time.

:cow:

I see it everyday, at the beach, the pool, People assume there is enough people around and don't really watch their children. In fact I am sure there are other mothers like me who tend to keep our eye on other children because we can see their parents aren't.

It is a tough and emotional issue. The kids being left that night, But I just don't see it rising to criminal.

If they had nothing to do with her death, they really learnt the hard way and am sure they found it hard to forgive each other for such a poor and unnecessary decision.

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe it would have happened somewhere else if she was being watched.

It still does not make them guilty of anything surrounding the disappearance. I think if they did something criminal by leaving the kids, They would have been charged with that.

I am not even going to get into that discussion. We don't know if they would have been charged or not.

It's possible she would have been taken from the hotel room with her parents there. Probable, no, absolutely not.

JMO

Yes. I am aware of that. But the other families that were doing it and nothing happened to their kids, Are people mad at them?

We can always look back with 20/20. I think they felt safe there and had a plan and just did not even think this was possible.

I am sure for the rest of their life they will think about that.

Ummmm no. Parents don't get to neglect their children and claim other people have and nothing bad happened to them.

People drive drunk and most don't kill someone but when they do, they don't get to makes the claims you're suggesting!

It is criminal. Parents get charged all of the time. An example...Say there was a fire, and the McCann kids were killed. The parents would have been charged for leaving them alone.

JMO

I'm pretty sure if the police had enough to charge them with some form of neglect there they would have. There is nothing stopping them from doing that. IF they had been charged we would know that. I am pretty sure.

I agree that it is possible not probable. I just have to wonder if they were all being watched, That this suspect was waiting to see what was going on and was just waiting for the opportunity.

I think it's safe to assume that none of us would leave a group of toddlers alone while we went out to a bar / restaurant in a foreign country, I just cannot understand why they didn't use the babysitting facilities available to them at the resort. In that way they are responsible, at the very least. The poor kids, imagine being a near baby, waking up and realizing mum and dad were nowhere to be found.

They didn't want too wake them up, I know that's why! I have 2 toddlers 3&4 and if I was too wake them in the middle of the night they would be up for the rest of the night. Although I can understand why they didn't do it, it doesn't make it right they should have brought a reliable babysitter with them!

Ummmm no. Parents don't get to neglect their children and claim other people have and nothing bad happened to them.

People drive drunk and most don't kill someone but when they do, they don't get to makes the claims you're suggesting!

Thank you!

I don't think this was neglect. Driving drunk is a willful act of neglect and premeditated criminal activity. But having a system to have the kids looked in on by multiple parents who were doing the same thing? I don't think is neglect. Maybe a little lax and not well thought out but To me, In my opinion, Not really neglect.

I'm pretty sure if the police had enough to charge them with some form of neglect there they would have. There is nothing stopping them from doing that. IF they had been charged we would know that. I am pretty sure.

I agree that it is possible not probable. I just have to wonder if they were all being watched, That this suspect was waiting to see what was going on and was just waiting for the opportunity.

Well, maybe we will find out fifteen years down the road that there were charges and someone in power didn't sign them.

JMO

It is criminal. Parents get charged all of the time. An example...Say there was a fire, and the McCann kids were killed. The parents would have been charged for leaving them alone.

JMO

Then why weren't they charged here?

That is the $50000. question. Because I think this is more of a common practice than people think.
I don't know that they would have been charged in the event of a fire.

They were sprung lying about that night.

There is no denial, their stories changed. And that was just the beginning of the hinky behaviour.

Kate and Gerry say the aductor did not enter the apartment from the back entrance because they could see it from the Tapas bar and would have spotted him. That is a lie.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id137.html

I don't think this was neglect. Driving drunk is a willful act of neglect and premeditated criminal activity. But having a system to have the kids looked in on by multiple parents who were doing the same thing? I don't think is neglect. Maybe a little lax and not well thought out but To me, In my opinion, Not really neglect.

Leaving three toddlers alone in a hotel room so you can go out and party is neglect. And it is premeditated criminal activity.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member