Does Misty really not know what happened? *POLL ADDED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Does Misty know what happened to Haleigh?

• Yes, she is still lying

Votes: 203 67.7%
  • No, she was passed out

Votes: 40 13.3%
  • No, she was too high on drugs to remember

Votes: 28 9.3%
  • No, she wasn't home

Votes: 29 9.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if Misty does not know what happened to Haleigh, then Ron is off the hook for being her co-conspirator in Haleigh's disappearance. The only reasonable other way of looking at this IMO is that Joe O. is the one responsible. Just like Misty said at the very beginning of this lenthy ordeal. He came in when everyone was sleeping, bricked the door and took Haleigh, maybe for revenge on Ron or for sexual molestation purposes. This completely screws up my theory from the very beginning that Ron was responsible and Misty aided in the coverup. After listening to the recent tapes with Misty and Dad, I think that she just may be telling the truth.

Since misty's revelation about rc happened, I am shocked! I never thought she would turn against him. I do not know if she is just repeating what she was told by investigators or not. I hope this insight (if hers) is sustained. She tends to parrot others' thoughts.

I am cautiously optimistic. Let's see what she says on the next tape..

I think Misty put Haleigh and Jr to bed, like she said. I also believe when she woke up HaLeigh was gone. Now, woke up from what? Perhaps a sleep or maybe woke up from whatever drug she was using that evening. Maybe she was so high that evening that she blacked out for a certain time period, and does not remember.

Not that I am proud, but, when I was about 18 I drank to the point of NOT remembering how I got home. To this day, I have no clue. The following day, I was at the bank, and this strange girl started talking to me, again, I have no Idea who she was, but, she had fun the night before as she was at the same party I was at. She told me to give her a call next time I went out... well.. I didn't call her because I have no clue what her name is.
In fact, to be quite honest, this happened to me MANY times, when I was younger and drinking.

That's what I was wondering....I had a "friend" (ahem) that did both drugs and then alcohol at different times in her life. Black-out from drugs? - Never! Black-out from booze? - too many times!!! Does anyone know if M drank?? We're any of them big drinkers? Or just pill heads?

Also - it was impossible to go to sleep after 3 days of partying -(a deep sleep). My friend (ahem) would still wake up at the slightest noise and not be able to go back to sleep. Booze was another story entirely..............

I really still don't believe Misty. I think she is still lying for whatever reason and she uses the tears and whining to try to convince people because as a kid that always probably worked. They saw this little girl all brokenhearted and fell for whatever she was selling them.

I'm confused too, Ilovemew. This also makes me think about the comment Misty made to Ron when he got home: Do you have Haleigh???? (something like that)

I always wondered why Misty would say that to him. Maybe she doesn't know...It just seems weird that Misty said when she opened the door that Ron was right there. I wonder if she meant that he was pulling in the driveway at that time or he was literally right there at the door?:waitasec:

suspicious, I believe I heard that Ron was pulling into the parking area, in front of the house, when she called him. He (Ron) saw her there and there was some comment about not answering the phone b/c Misty was right there in front of him

That's what I was wondering....I had a "friend" (ahem) that did both drugs and then alcohol at different times in her life. Black-out from drugs? - Never! Black-out from booze? - too many times!!! Does anyone know if M drank?? We're any of them big drinkers? Or just pill heads?

Also - it was impossible to go to sleep after 3 days of partying -(a deep sleep). My friend (ahem) would still wake up at the slightest noise and not be able to go back to sleep. Booze was another story entirely..............

BBM:
February 6-8, 2009

A serious argument ensues between Ron and Misty. Ron puts Misty out on the street and she spends the rest of the weekend drinking and drugging with friends NayNay, Amber and White Boy Greg. She and WBG also engage in sexual activity. Meanwhile, Misty's father, Hank Croslin, Sr., is being treated in a Jacksonville hospital for injuries to his legs he suffered in a recent traffic accident.
*~*Special message to our Guests and New Members*~* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm not ready to let RC off the hook, so I can't let Misty off, even though I tend to believe her at times...she really confuses me. But RC is another story...I needed to hear from him talking about his daughter all this past year, long before they were arrested, looking for her, screaming for her, crying for her, and it did not happen. Instead in a matter of weeks, life went on for him, it seemed. That's just not right. He did his little over the top acting routine when she first vanished, that lasted a week or two, and that was about it. Who does that? Some parents are begging for facetime months, years, decades later, for a missing child. But back to Misty...I hate to admit that an uneducated teenager could hold at bay an entire county LE department and everyone else watching this case, but she seems to be doing it...

As far as I'm concerned, Misty wouldn't tell the truth if her life depended on it. And in this case, it does.

At this point, and without some clear third party evidence, if it is coming out of her mouth, it's a lie. Sorry. But I think she knows exactly what happened to that child and is in all likelihood directly responsible for it.

This is my opinion also. thank you faefrost.

I think she knows all too well exactly what happened.

I think she was coming down off a 3 day binge hangover. I don't see her being all drugged out at the time Haleigh was taken.

Misty is going to stick with "I don't know nuttin."

Misty is a sly fox where self preservation means everything to her. To Misty this isn't about doing what is right for Haleigh but what she thinks is the best route for her.

Misty is feigning the selective memory because it behooves her to do so she thinks, imo.

IMO

As far as I'm concerned, Misty wouldn't tell the truth if her life depended on it. And in this case, it does.

I agree completely. It would be impossible to overestimate her propensity to lie, not to mention her great ability to lie.

But considering that she's a drug abuser, it is possible that she was passed out cold. If she were passed out cold, odds are still that she has known something for a long time.

Misty was up, awake, and alert when Ron got home, so I don't think she was ever passed out from drugs or any weekend of partying with another man. Misty has to know what really happened since there is the issue about the blanket and now the new story about Joe. She's proved that she knows how to lie.

Amnesia (blackout) is a documented side effect of, among many others, Ambien and Halcyon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambien

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triazolam

And just from what I've seen--people generally crash hard after a three day binge. From what I've seen all they want to do is sleep. And it's also very possible that Misty also took something Monday afternoon or Monday evening.

That she could have been passed out cold is a real possibility and it's more believable to me that she was passed out than that she just let Joe and/or Tommy take Haleigh.

One day I say yes she knows, the next day I say no she doesn't. After reading the latest transcripts and listening to the tapes that aren't transcribed, today I think Misty is clueless about what happened to Haleigh.

I was just before being sucked into that thought myself, but then I got to thinking....... She was perfectly clear on the 911 call. After staying up the rest of the night, she was out hanging up Haleigh posters the next day. She just seemed too alert to be coming off some heavy-duty drugs. It seems that excuse "I don't know what happened," has served her well for 15 months, and I'm not sure she's ever gonna give it up.

Misty was up, awake, and alert when Ron got home, so I don't think she was ever passed out from drugs or any weekend of partying with another man. Misty has to know what really happened since there is the issue about the blanket and now the new story about Joe. She's proved that she knows how to lie.

I didn't see your post before I posted mine, and I just wanted to say, I agree with you 100%. No way drugs screwed her up so badly that she doesn't know what happened to Haleigh, but she can keep up these elaborate lies for months and months with only minor changes to her story.

If I try to think of Misty as a sexually abused teenaged middle-school drop-out with delayed maturity, 3rd grade reading/writing skills, learning disabilities and a low intellect, a substance abuse problem and some serious emotional damage ...

...she starts to fall off that evil genius pedestal and starts to look like a kid that was, for a short time, pretty good at treading water in a sea of impoverished drug-addled homeless desperateness.

So, yes, I suppose she can continue to argue that she really has no idea what happened - just possible scenarious in her head planted by over-eager detectives and PIs and press and in-laws and various dubiously intentioned do-gooders.

Especially now that Tommy puts himself & Joe at the house and, it seems, Haleigh's body in the Van.

:cow:

She's finding out the truth that RC used her. She's falling "OUT" of love. The madder she gets, the more that will come out. I believe she will spill it she wasn't home when Haleigh was taken.

She's finding out the truth that RC used her. She's falling "OUT" of love. The madder she gets, the more that will come out. I believe she will spill it she wasn't home when Haleigh was taken.

That might be it and I would not be surprised if we hear she was told to lock up the house with the kids inside at 8:30 after the fight and someone would be over to watch the kids.

BBM
question about "Booze" what if she only had a "few"? Enough to knock her out a lil while only to wake up like 4 hours later?

Not that Misty was an insomniac... BUT...

Many insomniacs take a drink of whiskey or wine before bedtime in order to reduce sleep latency. While alcohol does reduce sleep latency, drinking large amounts has been shown to result in poorer quality of sleep and awakening during the night.
Alcohol consumed at bedtime, after an initial stimulating effect, may decrease the time required to fall asleep. Because of alcohol's sedating effect, many people with insomnia consume alcohol to promote sleep. However, alcohol consumed within an hour of bedtime appears to disrupt the second half of the sleep period. The subject may sleep fitfully during the second half of sleep, awakening from dreams and returning to sleep with difficulty. Kinda sounds like what MC may have been doing that night with her "dreams" and all
WHO knows? :banghead:

http://www.sleepdex.org/alcohol1.htm

Amnesia (blackout) is a documented side effect of, among many others, Ambien and Halcyon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambien

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triazolam

And just from what I've seen--people generally crash hard after a three day binge. From what I've seen all they want to do is sleep. And it's also very possible that Misty also took something Monday afternoon or Monday evening.

That she could have been passed out cold is a real possibility and it's more believable to me that she was passed out than that she just let Joe and/or Tommy take Haleigh.

Good points on those two drugs. (I've never taken them, don't know the side effects).

Is there a record anywhere of what drugs she took on her 3 day binge??? Speed, or downers?? Or some dumb*ss combo-cocktail? I keep hearing about oxy's, but who knows what the people she partied with those 3 days had on hand, or liked to "use"? Maybe it was some stange mix she never had before. Although that wouldn't account for her appearing ok at 7 pm when the clothes got dropped off.

just thinking out loud......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member