Does Skyline school bear any responsibility?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
T's statement, as bbm, is most compelling. While I understand there are some who would discount it as unreliable, it gives a much narrower time frame for his disappearance.

I agree, which is why I think the 1st of my scenarios is still plausible.

Earlier in this thread Lavender transcribed a telephone interview made by KATU with MCSO Lt Mary Lindstrand where Lindstrand said:

"His stepmother and he were in the school looking at the science fair, had been in 2 or 3 different classrooms. I am told he went up one stairwell, she went up the other stairwell. She saw him walking down the hall toward his classroom, and that’s the last she saw him.”

Why would TM be going up the stairwell? Did she not leave right away?

Why would TM be going up the stairwell? Did she not leave right away?

To leave the building from any one of the 3 main exits, if she was on the lower level, she would have had to go up some stairs to get out one of those exits, due to the design of the building. If she was on the upper level (the level with Kyron's classroom), she would have had to have gone down some steps to exit from any of these 3 main exits.

Regarding why Kyron and the step mother went up different staircases...

Perhaps they separated for a reason. Could she have gone to drop off something - either at the office or in the classroom? Papers, Kyron's backpack? Kyron might have stopped to talk to a friend, look at an exhibit or use the restroom, while she went the other way to drop off 'whatever' on her way out of the building.

In that KOIN video the reporter also says Tr's grandmother says Tr told her he saw TH leaving the building and that Kyron was not with his stepmom when she left school.

Earlier in this thread Lavender transcribed a telephone interview made by KATU with MCSO Lt Mary Lindstrand where Lindstrand said:

"His stepmother and he were in the school looking at the science fair, had been in 2 or 3 different classrooms. I am told he went up one stairwell, she went up the other stairwell. She saw him walking down the hall toward his classroom, and that’s the last she saw him

snipped, BBM

Thanks to Chili Fries and hollye (and I vote for her Scenario 2)! The following unifies all the “last sighting” by TM stories, unless there’s something I’ve forgotten:

If Kyron and TM were viewing exhibits in classrooms in the lower level and finished up (and said goodbye) around the midpoint of the hall (by the library or classroom 105A, for example), it would make sense for him to take the shortest route back to his classroom (up the stairs that come out next to his home room), and for her to take the stairs that connect the floors by the cafeteria/gym. That way she will come out of the stairwell by the gym doors near the far end of the 2nd floor hallway, turn and wave to Kyron, who will now be by his classroom door at the other end, and then simply make a left turn and go out the door by CLR 201 (with the handful of downward stairs) into the parking lot. TP could have seen her exiting this door alone by simply looking down the 2nd floor hallway from any vantage point.

There’s no need for her to have an excuse for taking a different route, in this scenario. Both of them simply take the shortest routes to their destinations (classroom, parking lot).

I think these 3 possibilities are the most likely, in no particular order:

- TH is not telling the truth and they left together (Tr could have just seen her go up the stairs alone for whatever reason and not realized they met up again upstairs).

- Like others have said, Kyron was lured or happened into an isolated area in the west side of the school or outside the west side of the school and attacked. His body was at some time clandestinely removed from the area.

- Kyron realized he had forgotten to tell his mom something or forgot to get something from her so he went down the hall and out the east exit into the parking lot. The perp took this opportunity to get him into a car and take him away. This could also include him being hit by a car and the driver choosing to take him to cover up the evidence.

I just noticed a post on one of FB pages for Kyron that a gentleman specializing in K9 investigations plans to visit the school.

Hi Wildmala, does that mean that he may use cadaver dogs? Any info would be appreciated.

Desiree Young, Kyron's mother, said she was at work June 4 in southern Oregon when she received a phone call from the Skyline School secretary. The secretary told Young that Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother, asked her to call and inform her that Kyron was missing.

Young said she immediately called Terri Horman, who was the last person to see Kyron, according to investigators.
"I said, 'What in the hell is going on?' She informed me that she had gone to the science fair that morning and she did not walk into his classroom, but saw him walk toward his classroom and that was the last she saw him," Young told CNN. "He was marked absent at 10."

http://www.kptv.com/news/24197226/detail.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/09/father-missing-oregon-boy-suspects-stepmom/

Mom talking about stepmom's explanation of what happened at the school:

"There are just some things in there that didn't sit well with me, and it just didn't sound right," Young told The AP. "I'm very familiar with that school and there were just some things that I knew couldn't be correct."

It sounds to me like DY thinks there is something about the layout or normal operations of the school that is inconsistent with TH's version of what happened. What could it be?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/09/father-missing-oregon-boy-suspects-stepmom/

Mom talking about stepmom's explanation of what happened at the school:

"There are just some things in there that didn't sit well with me, and it just didn't sound right," Young told The AP. "I'm very familiar with that school and there were just some things that I knew couldn't be correct."

It sounds to me like DY thinks there is something about the layout or normal operations of the school that is inconsistent with TH's version of what happened. What could it be?

I don't know, but it clears up whether Desiree would have any knowledge of the school.

Desiree Young, Kyron's mother, said she was at work June 4 in southern Oregon when she received a phone call from the Skyline School secretary. The secretary told Young that Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother, asked her to call and inform her that Kyron was missing.

Young said she immediately called Terri Horman, who was the last person to see Kyron, according to investigators.
"I said, 'What in the hell is going on?' She informed me that she had gone to the science fair that morning and she did not walk into his classroom, but saw him walk toward his classroom and that was the last she saw him," Young told CNN. "He was marked absent at 10."

http://www.kptv.com/news/24197226/detail.html

Seriously..why would Terri ask the secretary to phone Desiree? Wouldnt it have come much better from Terri or Kaine? Desiree is the MOTHER after all.

Yep. Right out the door, down the stairs, along the paved path, and out the access road to a waiting vehicle. Nobody would notice a thing.

Can't help but wonder if the school will do something about this door to prevent something like this from happening again? that or try to fence or something! i'm not sure how adequate a camera would be? :waitasec:

Gwenabob, fantastic job with the pictures!! You rock! I had a feeling this is how he got out of the school that day. And that 'wave' gesture I heard about her making? I have no doubt it was to signal someone, either Kyron and or the accomplice. That is, if the accomplice was also inside the school. Separate stairwells ... No doubt this is premeditated. Poor Kyron, what better distraction that the hustle and bustle of the science fair and an easily sidetracked boy due to all that excitement. Now I'm really .... Please, God, let Kyron be found soon!

Seriously..why would Terri ask the secretary to phone Desiree? Wouldnt it have come much better from Terri or Kaine? Desiree is the MOTHER after all.

So weird. This whole section--this exact 30 minutes--and what the secretary saw and heard. So critical to the case.

My guess would be to put off having to 'face the music' from Desiree as long as possible. That and she may not have been able to 'act the part' in initially telling her that Kyron is missing.

Real quick, has it been made known if Terri started volunteering at Skyline just this year, or did she do so as early as when Kyron initially started attending the school (like, years ago)? How creepy would that be if this was her first year? :(

I think this shows a lack of compassion. The news should have come from a family member. I think Terri or Kaine should have called DY's husband and had him immediately go tell her in person so she would have some support.

I think this shows a lack of compassion. The news should have come from a family member. I think Terri or Kaine should have called DY's husband and had him immediately go tell her in person so she would have some support.

I hate to say it, but it sounds like guilt to me. I have held out for a long time, thinking SODDI, but more and more points to Terri and for the life of me, I don't know how she pulled this off. She had baby with her, there were 300 people at the school, how did she kill him and leave on evidence in the truck? Why did she do this? No signs of abuse, or reports from the school and yet he is gone. I just can't believe we have yet another case of a missing child at the hands of a parent. :banghead:

I hate to say it, but it sounds like guilt to me. I have held out for a long time, thinking SODDI, but more and more points to Terri and for the life of me, I don't know how she pulled this off. She had baby with her, there were 300 people at the school, how did she kill him and leave on evidence in the truck? Why did she do this? No signs of abuse, or reports from the school and yet he is gone. I just can't believe we have yet another case of a missing child at the hands of a parent. :banghead:

BBM.. Sickening isn't it..

Bern.. IF she is responsible I suspect she took him somewhere and the incident didn't happen in the truck.. I also suspect she may have taken him out in the wilderness somewhere and just left him IF she didn't initially kill him...Could be pings on Sauvie are just a Red Herring too..
After following Haleighs case for the last 17 months I have learned alot about pings and RED HERRINGS....JMO

Bern.. IF she is responsible I suspect she took him somewhere and the incident didn't happen in the truck.. I also suspect she may have taken him out in the wilderness somewhere and just left him IF she didn't initially kill him...Could be pings on Sauvie are just a Red Herring too..
After following Haleighs case for the last 17 months I have learned alot about pings and RED HERRINGS....JMO

I have thought this since the beginning.

I have thought this since the beginning.

I, too, have thought this since the beginning.

These are my opinions. In the first day or two that the case broke, I thought strongly TH could have just left Kyron out in the wilderness. That way, she knew he couldn't survive and she wouldn't actually have to "kill" him. It was a perfect crime out there in the massive forests of Oregon. No evidence on her, her clothes, her truck, etc. Imo.

However, it didn't take me long to dismiss the 'leaving him out in the wilderness theory' because I began to see TH as a more vindictive heartless type who would have been fully capable of the act of murder on that very day, June 4. Imo, she took care of her problem most likely within the hour of leaving the school.

And now, learning of the alleged murder for hire plot and now learning that baby K was apparently present during the entire morning of June 4, wow... while I didn't think TH could be more diabolical, she once again gave me another shock jolt and a look into what she is capable of, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur