Does Skyline school bear any responsibility?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

The "Bye, Mom" is the part I can't get to fit. Once they each got to the top of their respective staircases, I don't think they spoke to each other at all. It sounds like she saw him at the other end of the hall (the East side, I'm now guessing), watched him walk toward her on the West side and then left via the West stairs. So the "Bye, Mom" conversation would have had to happen on the 1st floor prior to them both heading toward opposite staircases. Does that make sense? Or how to you see it?

Yup - makes sense that the "Bye Mom" was downstairs.

I don't believe there are stairs going from the first to the second floor at the east entrance (the parking lot entrance). Those stairs only go down up to the second floor from the parking lot.

It looks to me there are three sets of stairs going from the first to the second floor:

- The stairs on the west side by Kyron's classroom.

- The stairs at the front of the school main entrance.

- The stairs that go from the music room/cafeteria area on the first floor to the gym on the second floor.

You can look at the floor plans RubyRed provided here:

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/KYRON/Maps%20KYRON/

For the record I believe that is freefallzzzz photobucket.

So, taking Lt. Lindstrand's words literally...Kyron probably would not have gone up the stairs on the west side of the building because he would have been at his classroom, TH would not have seen him walking towards his classroom (unless she just means turning from the top of the stairs into his class is walking towards his class).

So that probably means one must have gone up the cafeteria/gym stairs and the other the steps at the front entrance. I don't understand why they would have split up like that but it might make sense if you were familiar with the traffic patterns people normally take at the school.

I could see them using different stairwells if they said goodbye on the 1st floor/basement level. Him using the stairwell closest to his classroom and her using the stairwell closest to where she was parked.

I could see them using different stairwells if they said goodbye on the 1st floor/basement level. Him using the stairwell closest to his classroom and her using the stairwell closest to where she was parked.

Maybe. I am having a problem putting together the idea that they used separate stairs if we are to believe the statement of Kyron's deskmate. He said he saw Terri leaving. He could not have done that from his classroom on the second floor if Terri left through the exit by the parking lot without going all the way up to the second floor.

My theory is that they both went up to the second floor using the stairway in the center of the building. He went one way toward his classroom, she went the other way toward the parking lot. Kyron then kept going down the stairs to see the "cool electric project." At that point he must have gone out the door below his classroom. Why? With whom? I doubt it was his own idea. I doubt it was a stranger. I think he was told to go wait by that door for a reason, mainly because there is a limited view from the rest of the building. There would be no reason for him to go to that door on his own. Someone planned this.

I took it to mean that once she got to top of the stairs on the 2nd floor, she looked down the hallway and saw him at the opposite end, where he had come up the other stairs.
I wrote a post about this on another thread today after re-watching Tr's video from KOIN. It's been on my mind all afternoon. lol

Remembering TH and Kyron got there around 8:15 and she went up to his room to take the photo from what we think, right? She says she left the school at 8:45, so that's 1/2 hour. I could see her maybe talking to another parent after that then starting to walk down the long hall to the East stairwell where she might have parked her car by the parking lot.

Meanwhile T said 2 things: He passed Kyron while walking in the hall and he saw TH leave, without Kyron.

He then spoke to Kyron who said he was going to the 'cool' elec. project {as they passed each other which to me means walking opposite directions. T then said he went down the stairs and never saw Kyron again.

I think Kyron had just come up the stairs meaning the elec project must have been on the 2nd floor. And it must be that as T was talking to Kyron he could see TH walking down the hallway. At about the same time I think TH got to the end of that long hall and before she opened the door to go down that East stairwell, glanced back and saw Kyron walking to another classroom.

One more thought. The Sheriff said TH was the last person to see Kyron before he disappeared and it was from INSIDE the school. I take that as Kyron didn't make it into the elec project. She must have signaled to him as she started to go down the East stairwell to come with her then. If she said she left at 8"45 I think that is about the time Kyron vanished. And 'T' wouldn't have seen her signal to Kyron as by then he would have already been down on the first floor.

:waitasec:

Maybe. I am having a problem putting together the idea that they used separate stairs if we are to believe the statement of Kyron's deskmate. He said he saw Terri leaving. He could not have done that from his classroom on the second floor if Terri left through the exit by the parking lot without going all the way up to the second floor.

My theory is that they both went up to the second floor using the stairway in the center of the building. He went one way toward his classroom, she went the other way toward the parking lot. Kyron then kept going down the stairs to see the "cool electric project." At that point he must have gone out the door below his classroom. Why? With whom? I doubt it was his own idea. I doubt it was a stranger. I think he was told to go wait by that door for a reason, mainly because there is a limited view from the rest of the building. There would be no reason for him to go to that door on his own. Someone planned this.
I think they could have used separate stairs because at that time they had just arrived at the school and it was like 8:15. Maybe Kyron ran thru the front door up the front stairs and met her at the E stairwell to open the door for her if she was carrying his project !!! I remember looking at a photo of the E door from the bottom of the stair steps. It seemed maybe that door only opened from the inside. Don't know for sure.

One of them might have gone in the main door on the S side of the bldg, the other thru the E door if she had parked close to that E door. They spent 1/2 hour that we know of in the school, right?

That door below his classroom is the W door. It was said he was seen outside by the S door which would be the door on the front of the school. That isn't what LE says was the last time he was seen at the school. I bet someone saw him at that door as he went into school to go meet his mom with his project at the door of the 2nd floor East stairwell.

Gosh, it starts to get confusing, eh? LOLOLOL

That door below his classroom is the W door. It was said he was seen outside by the S door which would be the door on the front of the school. That isn't what LE says was the last time he was seen at the school. I bet someone saw him at that door as he went into school to go meet his mom with his project at the door of the 2nd floor East stairwell.

Gosh, it starts to get confusing, eh? LOLOLOL

No kidding! Now if only you could come up with an animated version of all of this to see it in action I might be able to really follow all of this...lol! Seriously tho'...can you?:waitasec:

I'm tired and this case is getting to be frustrating, but i have to say this before i go to bed tonight, if the school had lost my kids, i would be tearing the school and the staff apart, I would be insane, and i don't understand all the silence on that fact alone. if this makes any sense :) good night and keep up the good work :)

I'm tired and this case is getting to be frustrating, but i have to say this before i go to bed tonight, if the school had lost my kids, i would be tearing the school and the staff apart, I would be insane, and i don't understand all the silence on that fact alone. if this makes any sense :) good night and keep up the good work :)

I can relate to how you feel but, I always remind myself that how I feel is minuscule to what Kyron's family is going through. I don't even want to think of what poor Kyron is or did go through to be away from those who love him. :(

Gwenabob, I wish you could tell us if the inside door to the East stairwell from the second floor opens both ways or if it only opens from the inside. That might explain why it is said they entered at separate stairways. xox

I can relate to how you feel but, I always remind myself that how I feel is minuscule to what Kyron's family is going through. I don't even want to think of what poor Kyron is or did go through to be away from those who love him. :(

Yes, just thinking about what my 89 yr old mother said today, Kyron is only 7 years old and has been away from his family for 3 whole weeks. I didn't even have the heart to tell her the statistics on missing children. God Bless him wherever he is tonight xox

Yes, just thinking about what my 89 yr old mother said today, Kyron is only 7 years old and has been away from his family for 3 whole weeks. I didn't even have the heart to tell her the statistics on missing children. God Bless him wherever he is tonight xox

I hear ya...I have a 86 yr old Mom who has an endless amount of hope in her heart for all things possible! ;)

Back to my thought of an animated reenactment...:waitasec:how about one better?

Could anyone local (RubyRed:angel: or Gwenabob:angel:) say go to the school and literally take stills or a video of an actual physical reenactment of TH's account of the last time she saw Kyron?

My thoughts are...

TH & Kyron walked through some of the exhibits and possibly completed their tour in the Library.

Saying their goodbyes, Kyron goes West from the Library, through the door into 105A, turns North through the door into the Hallway, West through the door into 106/Hallway and up the West Stairs.

TH goes East from the Library through the double doors into the Hallway, turns South and goes up the South Stairs.

TH sees Kyron as she looks West and he is at the top of the stairs. TH continues East toward the East Exit.

Scenario 1 ~ Kyron sees his friend outside of the classroom, at approximately the same time that TH last sees Kyron, and says he is going to see the electric project, which could possibly be North of his classroom, down the hallway toward 215 & 217. Something happens at that point.

Maybe Kyron is taken into the small room at the end of the North Hallway, until everyone is in class, then taken out the door on that hallway to the back playground or back down that hallway to the West Stairs and out to where a vehicle was waiting.

OR

Scenario 2 ~ Assuming that Kyron actually made it into the classroom and got assembled into their little groups with Kyron and T in separate groups, the sub/volunteer gives her group a brief synopsis of projects that they are going to look at. As the groups are getting ready to leave the classroom, Kyron tells his friend in passing that his group is going to see the electric project. Their groups part ways to go see different exhibits and Kyron gets separated from his group, maybe by going to the bathroom or to get a drink of water. (I thought read somewhere about a photo that Kyron was missing from of his class and Kyron not being in it. It had a caption that led me to believe that Kyron has a tendency to wander a bit, like to go get water or use the restroom, without telling anyone.) It appears that the main restrooms are on the 2nd Floor, so maybe he went straightaway, as they left the classroom to go look at the other projects, maybe his group walked West toward the stairs and Kyron went East toward the restrooms. Once he is finished, he thinks his group has gone downstairs to see the electric project and heads down the West Stairs, where someone grabs him from there and out the West Doors.

I think that the 2nd scenario seems more plausible, in some aspects, since the sub/volunteer would then know that Kyron was there to begin with, to note him missing afterwards. It does not, however, jive with published statements that TH was the last known person to have seen Kyron before he disappeared, which makes the 1st scenario more plausible.

I cropped and pasted the floor plans so that I could get a better visual. I'll post it here, in case anyone else wants to see it.
SkylineElem.jpg

Could anyone local (RubyRed:angel: or Gwenabob:angel:) say go to the school and literally take stills or a video of an actual physical reenactment of TH's account of the last time she saw Kyron?

Can you direct me to TH's actual account of the last time she saw Kyron? I haven't seen it.

I would doubt they would let you inside the school but someone braver than me might want to give it a try?? I don't even feel comfortable going up there. I was thinking about bringing balloons up today though. I'm not sure how my kids feel about doing that. They get nervous every time they see a flier.
I'll let the photo taking up to Gwenabob who is doing and outstanding job of capturing the area.

Let's gather the actual info we know:

Kyron's deskmate Tr's statements (transcribed directly from the interview videos):

"He walked by the hallway and I'm like, Hi Kyron, and he's like Hi, I'm gonna go see this cool one, electric one. I'm like alright, bye, and that's the last time I saw him, he never did made it back to class." (KPTV 6/9)

"I went downstairs and that was the last time I saw him, I never did see him after that.
"And she (sub brought in to help with science fair) was like...oh no, where's Kyron, there's only five. And Ms. P's like, um, it's alright, calm down, calm down, he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water. She's like, alright I'm gonna leave, and she left." (KOIN 6/11)

In that KOIN video the reporter also says Tr's grandmother says Tr told her he saw TH leaving the building and that Kyron was not with his stepmom when she left school.

Earlier in this thread Lavender transcribed a telephone interview made by KATU with MCSO Lt Mary Lindstrand where Lindstrand said:

"His stepmother and he were in the school looking at the science fair, had been in 2 or 3 different classrooms. I am told he went up one stairwell, she went up the other stairwell. She saw him walking down the hall toward his classroom, and that’s the last she saw him.”

Let's gather the actual info we know:

Kyron's deskmate Tr's statements (transcribed directly from the interview videos):

"He walked by the hallway and I'm like, Hi Kyron, and he's like Hi, I'm gonna go see this cool one, electric one. I'm like alright, bye, and that's the last time I saw him, he never did made it back to class." (KPTV 6/9)

"I went downstairs and that was the last time I saw him, I never did see him after that.
"And she (sub brought in to help with science fair) was like...oh no, where's Kyron, there's only five. And Ms. P's like, um, it's alright, calm down, calm down, he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water. She's like, alright I'm gonna leave, and she left." (KOIN 6/11)

In that KOIN video the reporter also says Tr's grandmother says Tr told her he saw TH leaving the building and that Kyron was not with his stepmom when she left school.

Earlier in this thread Lavender transcribed a telephone interview made by KATU with MCSO Lt Mary Lindstrand where Lindstrand said:

"His stepmother and he were in the school looking at the science fair, had been in 2 or 3 different classrooms. I am told he went up one stairwell, she went up the other stairwell. She saw him walking down the hall toward his classroom, and that’s the last she saw him.”

T's statement, as bbm, is most compelling. While I understand there are some who would discount it as unreliable, it gives a much narrower time frame for his disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellBear77