Does the State's Case Have Any Weaknesses? What Are They?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ITA. They need alot more than that computer search. I agree to get the DP they are going to have to prove how she did it. I don't see the jury going with DP unless the SA can prove a plan, pre-meditation to kill Caylee. In fact even with chloroform proof, I think they will still need to prove to the jury that KC's intention was to kill Caylee.

What would be the point of using a drug that in a safe dosage would knock somebody out for 15 to 20 minutes at a time?

Chloroform is a good date rape drug. That was the point of the joke on RM's computer. But, it wouldn't be a good babysitter.

(Bold is my emphasis)

The plant growth up through parts of the skeleton will show how long the body was there. Hopefully this will convince people that the body was placed there soon after death.

I think that this 'search' was staged in order to say that the body was placed there after Casey went to jail .. All that tape shows is him poking around and not finding anything .. The body could have been RIGHT THERE he just didn't got to the spot because he knew where that was and stayed away on purpose so the camera couldn't pick it up ...

I don't believe KC will get the DP. I saw a female reporter after KC's first court appearance who was so stuck with how young KC appears, she went on about it in her report. Sad to say but I beleive it will influence a jury's decision.

It would influence me alright...especially if I lived in Florida. Hmmmm lets see, she murdered her baby & she's only 23. Tax dollars to support her murdering a$$ for possibly over 70 years....would make the decision real easy for me!

Believe me... I definately would not like to "help" the defense.

If anything I would like some key weaknesses in the SA's case tightened up. The position I take in all of this is not what I believe but what they can prove.

That is how I will be able to sleep at night. Our laws are as such that the burden is on the state to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey murdered her child.. I only make references to the items I believe are not doing this...

Lots of things in this case point to Casey. ( I do believe she did it ) Now I want the undeniable proof.. so there is no doubt. I think that is the position quite a few people here are taking.... I don't believe anyone is trying to argue FOR the defense in this. It just isn't solid enough from what has been released for me to sit back and scream "put her to death.. she planned it!"

IMO We can never underestimate the stupidity of some. The risk lies with jury selection. It only takes one idiot for a hung jury.

Justice will come, I just want it to come after the FIRST trial!

IMO We can never underestimate the stupidity of some. The risk lies with jury selection. It only takes one idiot for a hung jury.

Justice will come, I just want it to come after the FIRST trial!

Well, yes, that is true but then she can be tried again and the second time will be the charm just like the PS case.:twocents:

First time starting a thread and I am shaking in my boots. Please remove if this has been discussed.

Last night on Nancy Grace there were several talking heads and two of them claimed the move to put the Death Penalty back on the table may have been because the State's case is weak and they are hoping for:

A) KC to plea out.

OR

B) To guarantee a conviction on a lesser charge and a life sentence.

I then thought how on earth could the State's case be weak?

There is no NANNY and 31 days went by with KC living her life, with no proof of her looking for her child let alone being upset that she was gone. KC lied about almost every single thing. The evidence both circumstantial and not points to no one else.

So can you list possible weaknesses? I am curious to know what every thinks could get her off.

Thanks
I think it was GA who said this a very long time ago I think it was before the body was found. And I think it was about his believe that there was a nanny or a kidnapping, my memory is not so great any more. But this is what he said
THEY CAN NOT TIE CASEY TO A KILLING. (not quoting)
there is no CONCLUSIVE evidence of how, why, where.
You cant tie Casey to putting caylee in the car, in the trunk,
there are no siting of anyone who ever saw Casey not be a good Mother.
IN SHORT GA said they have not tied this up.

Weaknesses,
1. Main one is; So many people searched where Caylees remains were eventually found and found nothing.
2. Another one is KCs dream team is a weakness against the states forensics because they will twist everything causing reasonable doubt.
3. No cause of death.
4. And lastly I predict KC wont be put to death because she is a cute young mother and also, one or some jurors will pity GA and CA.

Hmm..I don't know since all of the state's evidence hasn't been released yet.

If the defense is going for the SODDI then I would think that the area on Suburban Drive where Caylee was found and who else was there or who searched there would be something that the state would try and pin down to close any holes that the defense could come up with. For example are there any videos or photos of Texas Equusearch's search for Caylee in that area? IIRC they said that they searched that area 3 times.

Believe me... I definately would not like to "help" the defense.

If anything I would like some key weaknesses in the SA's case tightened up. The position I take in all of this is not what I believe but what they can prove.

That is how I will be able to sleep at night. Our laws are as such that the burden is on the state to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey murdered her child.. I only make references to the items I believe are not doing this...

Lots of things in this case point to Casey. ( I do believe she did it ) Now I want the undeniable proof.. so there is no doubt. I think that is the position quite a few people here are taking.... I don't believe anyone is trying to argue FOR the defense in this. It just isn't solid enough from what has been released for me to sit back and scream "put her to death.. she planned it!"

GREAT POST:blowkiss:

Weaknesses,
1. Main one is; So many people searched where Caylees remains were eventually found and found nothing.
2. Another one is KCs dream team is a weakness against the states forensics because they will twist everything causing reasonable doubt.
3. No cause of death.
4. And lastly I predict KC wont be put to death because she is a cute young mother and also, one or some jurors will pity GA and CA.
My personal objective in a case like this would not tbe, o put her to death.
but to put her away for life or at least for 50 years; and there is certainly no win in coming out
of prison at the age of 72 and ending up where? Home for the aging?
I think she will get life when they get this case all tied up with no slippery slope.

I do not play God with peoples lives unless they are evil killers and have history of doing
mean and illegal things. killers, rapers, sadists, terorists, YES give them death seems fair.
I have no issue with giving them a real short walk, and not burdening the tax payer.

She seems to have a history of dysfunctional family and Personality Disorder.
I personally would not seek death, I would seek LIFE.

I don't believe KC will get the DP. I saw a female reporter after KC's first court appearance who was so stuck with how young KC appears, she went on about it in her report. Sad to say but I beleive it will influence a jury's decision.

I completely agree with you. But, I keep telling myself... this trial is now at least a year and 1/2 away. The time spent in jail will harden KC's looks somewhat, and I don't think she will seem quite so young when she's finally in front of a jury. Just look at how much she has already changed in the 6 months she's been there!

Once the State tells their story about the fight Cindy & Casey had June 15th, the way Cindy threatened Casey to gain custody of Caylee, the power struggles between them both, that will be the beginning of the long and powerful story the jury will hear.

Snipped and bolded by me.

I don't think the fight is going to make it into evidence. CA and GA both deny it happened. IIRC LA wasn't there. Point being no direct evidence of a fight. None of KC's friends, AH, TL, etc., mention KC having a huge blowout with her mom/family. Wasn't JG the only one to mention the fight? Wouldn't that be considered heresay, esp since no one else corroborated the story? Or did CA mention an altercation in her early interviews with LE and then change her story? I can't remember.

I'm just worried that if a lot of this type of stuff doesn't come in at trial, the defense will portray a loving mother, from a supportive family, who may have had some issues with responsibility, but that doesn't make her a murderer.....and someone on the jury might fall for that scenario depending on how well they are able to sow the seeds of reasonable doubt and refute the state's evidence.

I still think the state has a lot more to their case than is out in the public arena and that there may in fact be more "bombshells" as the time for trial draws nearer.

Now that the DP is back on the table - has the Oct trial date been pushed back? And what, if any, bearing does the DP have on the Sunshine Laws?

Snipped and bolded by me.

I don't think the fight is going to make it into evidence. CA and GA both deny it happened. IIRC LA wasn't there. Point being no direct evidence of a fight. None of KC's friends, AH, TL, etc., mention KC having a huge blowout with her mom/family. Wasn't JG the only one to mention the fight? Wouldn't that be considered heresay, esp since no one else corroborated the story? Or did CA mention an altercation in her early interviews with LE and then change her story? I can't remember.

I'm just worried that if a lot of this type of stuff doesn't come in at trial, the defense will portray a loving mother, from a supportive family, who may have had some issues with responsibility, but that doesn't make her a murderer.....and someone on the jury might fall for that scenario depending on how well they are able to sow the seeds of reasonable doubt and refute the state's evidence.

I still think the state has a lot more to their case than is out in the public arena and that there may in fact be more "bombshells" as the time for trial draws nearer.

Now that the DP is back on the table - has the Oct trial date been pushed back? And what, if any, bearing does the DP have on the Sunshine Laws?

The argument was being discussed on another thread and it appears that C & G admitted there was an argument to Mark Fuhrman, it is in OCSO notes here,
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/2810987/...sed-Nov-26-004

Page,139
or
Hand numbered, 2499

I am worried about the fact that the state doesn't have a cause of death.

I don't know that they don't have a cause of death. They did not have a cause of death in December during the ID announcement by Dr. G., but that does not mean they still don't have one.

Toxicology reports come to mind. As do the duct tape results - applied pre or post mortem? Might not be conclusive, but it would be significant.

I don't know that they don't have a cause of death. They did not have a cause of death in December during the ID announcement by Dr. G., but that does not mean they still don't have one.

Toxicology reports come to mind. As do the duct tape results - applied pre or post mortem? Might not be conclusive, but it would be significant.

"Yes, Your Honor, the State has no specific cause of death. That fact does not rest in the hands of the State. It rests in the hands of the woman who murdered her. Her refusal to be truthful about the absence of the child has put that onus directly on her hands - and those who would not aid in the search for a dead child. While they delayed, and lied, and ran searchers in circles and tangents, that evidence deteriorated in a murkey, snake-infested swamp and weeds grew through what was once a living child.

Dr. G has given us the best and most honest evidence she could. The cause of this death was homicide."

I'm sure the SA can do much better than that, but it is not a weakness for the State.

I guess you are assuming that the duct tape was involved in the manner of death, rather than being applied after death, but that is currently speculation.

True.

But, if the duct tape was applied post-mortem, then an average juror would wonder why?

Answer: to prevent decomposition fluids from leaking from the baby's mouth.

Juror realizes: even if the Baby died accidentally, she was mishandled and treated with gross, gross indignity after the 'accidental' death and left to decompose for approximately 2.6 days, part of which were spent being driven around town in the tuck of her Mother's car before being tossed aside?

The post-mortem speculation is almost as gruesome and horrific as the pre-mortem speculation, don't you think?

What about the fact that ZG's name is not ZFG and therefore their could be another out there. Or the fact that many people say they searched the area where Caylee was eventually found months before she was found, sewing in the the seed of doubt that maybe she was planted there after the fact.

I am just throwing this stuff out there.

Didn't the ME rule that out when she ID'd Caylee in the press conference? Didn't she state how long the remains had been there or am I remembering this wrong?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back