Dog The Bounty Hunter Advises Against Casey Getting Out of Jail on Bond

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you read my post you would know I was not questioning the right of any defendant to bond out. Nor, was I questioning the qualifications required to post a bond. :waitasec:

You're right. You didn't and I wasn't making an assumption about what your opinion might be.
Sorry for any confusion.

I think all my posts have been in response to this huge outcry of people with opinions regarding why Padilla couldn't possibly do anything more than LE already has (not.)

Hi A2Lite!!! ((((BIG HUG))))

Great to see you and thanks for the valuable info!

I have a bad feeling about the fate of this little girl mostly due to the fact that I can't get past the FACT this mother never called 911 or the police to report her daughter missing. What are your thoughts?

DT :blowkiss:

I have to agree, it doesn't look good for little Caylee. I believe something horrible happened because 31 days went by and Casey was not the one initiating the 911 call to report her missing. The lack of concern demonstrated by partying, failing to tell her mother where the child is/was, not cooperating with LE and the FBI to locate the baby, seeing every Z photo id in the state of Florida and no identification of anyone, a mountain of lies and goose chases, and claiming she had to be out of jail before the baby could get any help from Casey. Casey has shown no concern for anyone other than herself.

How clear of a picture do we need to suspect something just isn't right? This is enough for me.

I am hoping the storm will not wash away evidence.

I am so glad to post with you again. :Jumpie:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that this man's wife has been proven to be not only dead, but that her death is a homicide.

I wish everyone emotionally inside this case would be happy that Casey isn't a murder suspect, because if she were, that would mean Caylee is for a fact, deceased and that she was murdered.

So far, it's happily not the case!
And yah, I know most here on WS think or feel that Caylee was murdered, but I'm glad there's no basis for this, other than speculation because her mother is a lying party animal.

OH yes she is quite dead and it is clear that he hired a killer. Two completely differnt animals but an interesting twist to a bond situation.

Regarding Caylee being murdered, I am happy to report I was one of 5 holdouts that chose alive in one of our polls. I am picked that because that's the answer I want!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=633

Has the cadaver dog evidence been discredited? Because, if not, that's initial evidence that leads people to believe a murder may have taken place.

I doubt it's been discredited, but it's not been deemed substantial enough to charge her with murder. Wouldn't they have charged her with murder by now if the dogs alone could be considered credible evidence?

The judge does say a tiny bit of something about the successful hit ratio of cadaver dogs not having been established, in the video of her last bond hearing.

I doubt it's been discredited, but it's not been deemed substantial enough to charge her with murder. Wouldn't they have charged her with murder by now if the dogs alone could be considered credible evidence?

The judge does say a tiny bit of something about the successful hit ratio of cadaver dogs not having been established, in the video of her last bond hearing.

I'm not so certain they would charge her with murder based on a level of confidence in the dogs ability alone. Until there is a body it is a circumstantial case and requires additional circumstantial evidence to be presented as a whole picture for the jury. Circumstantial cases are seldom built and won based on only one subjective piece of evidence.

LE is still trying to locate Caylee, and along the way, they may build a case of murder, at which point, Casey will be charged and tried.

Is it certain that if Casey was able to get bailed out that she would actually agree to it? If she was going to be released to strangers and kept under house arrest, being watched 24/7 and was no longer able to refuse visitors, would she really want that? Being in jail, she's controlling who she will see, and in the last few weeks we've seen how she does refuse people, if she was bailed out, yet not really "free" in many ways she no longer has this control.

VB

Would someone like to discuss Dog..there seem to be people that have hijacked this thread for the Padillas..which has it's own thread.

I believe this is the law statute that The Dog was referring to when he stated it is illegal in Florida for a bondsman not to require funds from the person to be bonded:

EXCERPT

[SIZE=-1]648.33 Bail bond rates.-- [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](1) Bail bond rates are subject to the provisions of part I of chapter 627 of the insurance code. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](2) It is unlawful for a bail bond agent to execute a bail bond without charging a premium therefor, and the premium rate may not exceed or be less than the premium rate as filed with and approved by the office. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](3) Any person who violates this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

source: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES....HTM&Title=->2008->Ch0648->Section 33#0648.33

It would be impossible for the Padillas to post a Surety Bond for Casey and not charge a premium and remain within the law.
[/SIZE]

Is it certain that if Casey was able to get bailed out that she would actually agree to it? If she was going to be released to strangers and kept under house arrest, being watched 24/7 and was no longer able to refuse visitors, would she really want that? Being in jail, she's controlling who she will see, and in the last few weeks we've seen how she does refuse people, if she was bailed out, yet not really "free" in many ways she no longer has this control.

VB

VB, that is what I thought. She might not agree to this. she is a control freak and with this Bounty Hunter guy, he will grill her hard and not take any BS and she knows it. She will not be able to take him on a wild goose chase thats for sure.
If her parents could bail her out and she could just lay around the house, well yes, she would probably loooove that. I can just see Cindy fixing her special dinners, etc:rolleyes:

I believe this is the law statute that The Dog was referring to when he stated it is illegal in Florida for a bondsman not to require funds from the person to be bonded:

EXCERPT

[SIZE=-1]648.33 Bail bond rates.-- [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](1) Bail bond rates are subject to the provisions of part I of chapter 627 of the insurance code. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](2) It is unlawful for a bail bond agent to execute a bail bond without charging a premium therefor, and the premium rate may not exceed or be less than the premium rate as filed with and approved by the office. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](3) Any person who violates this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]source: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/STATUTES....HTM&Title=->2008->Ch0648->Section 33#0648.33[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]It would be impossible for the Padillas to post a Surety Bond for Casey and not charge a premium and remain within the law.[/SIZE]

True, but cant anyone just pay the premium- it does not have to be the principal, no?

Thanks for posting the statute. I watched the interview with DC and this seems to address what his concern was about Florida law. It's a great question as to who involved in the process has to be the one to pay the premium in this particular case, if one is required. I don't think in the normal case it has to be the principal, since family members, friends, often bail other people out of jail. They just couldn't do it in this case. But does the bond person have to charge someone other than himself/herself a premium, rather than just get the person out of jail gratuitously?

Did Dog say anything about since the Ps are not actually doing the bond, but financing it, that they would be the ones to pay the premium?

About dismissing the cadaver dog hits, the only person I've heard dismissing the findings of the dogs is Cindy Anthony.

Did Dog say anything about since the Ps are not actually doing the bond, but financing it, that they would be the ones to pay the premium?

I watched him live last night, but need to go watch tape again to refresh my memory. I don't think he went into a lot of specifics, other than to express the opinion that FLA law would not allow a welfare (or some similar term) bailout. He seems to be assuming that no money (like 10% of the amount) would be changing hands at all. I don't know that, since I don't know the details of how it would work, relationship/separateness in the eyes of the law between Mr. Padilla and the local bond entity, etc. I just don't know. I did think that Mr. P said something early on about not having to actually "pay" anything, but I don't know it he meant that literally, the context. Nothing simple in this case.

It has been said that Casey's only felony charge is child neglect and not murder. That is just too black and white for me. The neglect stems from her not reporting her child missing for 31 days..actually she never did report it, her mother did. When it came to light that Caylee was "missing", "kidnapped", or whatever she wants to call it, Casey did not offer one ounce of help to ensure the safety of her child. She partied while her daughter was "in danger". She continues to offer no help in finding her daughter. I am not afraid to call a spade a spade. IMO, she killed this child, either accidently or on purpose and is now denying this beautiful, innocent child, and her family the courtesy of a decent burial. For this type of child neglect, I wish that she had NO bond whatsoever and yes, I am just angry that she has the chance to possibly walk free. She does not deserve to be out of jail and the courts did everything in their power to prevent it from happening. I wish the Padilla's would back out of this and let her sit in that cell and stare at the four walls, 'til he11 freezes over for all I care. I don't even want to hear about her right to a bond. I think she has done enough already, without the murder charge, to warrant her continual stay at the facility she is housed at. I know, I could never sit on this jury, but this is JMHO.

It has been said that Casey's only felony charge is child neglect and not murder. That is just too black and white for me. The neglect stems from her not reporting her child missing for 31 days..actually she never did report it, her mother did. When it came to light that Caylee was "missing", "kidnapped", or whatever she wants to call it, Casey did not offer one ounce of help to ensure the safety of her child. She partied while her daughter was "in danger". She continues to offer no help in finding her daughter. I am not afraid to call a spade a spade. IMO, she killed this child, either accidently or on purpose and is now denying this beautiful, innocent child, and her family the courtesy of a decent burial. For this type of child neglect, I wish that she had NO bond whatsoever and yes, I am just angry that she has the chance to possibly walk free. She does not deserve to be out of jail and the courts did everything in their power to prevent it from happening. I wish the Padilla's would back out of this and let her sit in that cell and stare at the four walls, 'til he11 freezes over for all I care. I don't even want to hear about her right to a bond. I think she has done enough already, without the murder charge, to warrant her continual stay at the facility she is housed at. I know, I could never sit on this jury, but this is JMHO.

Is it just child neglect? Couldnt it also be child endangermen because she sure seemed to put her in danger and not just neglect IMO
Especially when she wont even tell the police WHERE she last saw her.
Its OK with me if the bounty hunter wants to scare the chit out of her and get her to talk. I saw him.....I wouldnt want to lie to him, dont think he would put up with it. Unlike Caseys parents.
Im not even sure if she agree to be bailed out by him because she know she might have to answer some TOUGH questions.

Is it just child neglect? Couldnt it also be child endangermen because she sure seemed to put her in danger and not just neglect IMO
Especially when she wont even tell the police WHERE she last saw her.
Its OK with me if the bounty hunter wants to scare the chit out of her and get her to talk. I saw him.....I wouldnt want to lie to him, dont think he would put up with it. Unlike Caseys parents.
Im not even sure if she agree to be bailed out by him because she know she might have to answer some TOUGH questions.
Yes, it could be considered child endangerment and a lot of other things I won't go into as that would be just speculation on my part. As far as the bounty hunter scaring the chit out of her...I don't know. I know those detectives can be pretty persuasive and ask some tough questions too but Casey was cool as a cucumber. She is a pyschopath. Dog is right, the Padilla's should stay out of it. I don't think the bounty hunter will phase her one bit.
To use Casey's words "a total waste" and could end up doing more harm than good, i.e. her suicide, evidence given to her family and her lawyer instead of LE, ample time to plot and scheme with whomever need be to help her lie her way out of this, and possibly forcing LE to bring murder charges with less evidence rather than allow them to build a strong case against her. Not to mention, she deserves to be punished by staying in jail for what she has done.

"Dog" could just be jealous that Padilla has the cajones and that he didn't think of it first or could afford to spring her from jail. I love it when celebrities fight via the media. Where's Rosie O'Donnell when ya need her?
ROFL
i actually do not think Dog cares about anything like not doing it first..He has a lot of flaws but that is not one of them. He makes perfect sense and most everyone else thinks its a bad idea too.
And Rosie is probably helping with money or resources. She would be the first one to help find the child.
I dont know what people take pot shots at her.

Thanks for posting the statute. I watched the interview with DC and this seems to address what his concern was about Florida law. It's a great question as to who involved in the process has to be the one to pay the premium in this particular case, if one is required. I don't think in the normal case it has to be the principal, since family members, friends, often bail other people out of jail. They just couldn't do it in this case. But does the bond person have to charge someone other than himself/herself a premium, rather than just get the person out of jail gratuitously?

I think that is exactly what the statute addresses. Someone, other than the bond company has to pay the premium. There was some talk (as per The Dog) that this can be circumvented by presenting an all cash bond, meaning all the money (500K) paid to the court.

The Surety bond that the Padillas spoke of can be performed, but Florida Law required a premium be paid.

Here's the Statute for Appearance bonds in Florida:

[SIZE=-1]1903.105 Appearance bonds.--Any criminal defendant who is required to meet monetary bail or bail with any monetary component may satisfy such bail by providing a surety bond as otherwise provided by law or by providing an appearance bond as follows: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](1) Any defendant posting an appearance bond shall apply therefor in writing. Each defendant charged with a felony of the second degree or higher, and each defendant appearing before a court in connection with bail, shall sign the application upon oath in open court. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](2) After the application is completed and the quantity and other conditions of the bond are determined as required by law, the defendant may deposit with the clerk of the court before which the action is pending or with the sheriff, if designated by the clerk, a sum of money equal to 10 percent of the bond and any additional collateral for all or part of the remaining portion of the bond as the court may require. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](3) Upon depositing such sum and additional collateral and agreeing in writing to all nonmonetary conditions of the bond which the court may require, the defendant shall be released from custody subject to all conditions of release imposed by the court. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](4)(a) If the conditions of release have been performed and the defendant has been discharged from all obligations in the action, the clerk of the court shall return to the defendant, unless the court orders otherwise, 75 percent of the 10-percent sum deposited, plus any additional required collateral, and shall retain as bail costs 25 percent of the 10-percent sum deposited. At the request of the defendant, the court may order the amount repayable to the defendant from such deposit to be paid to the defendant's attorney of record. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](b) Moneys retained by the clerk under this provision shall be disbursed as directed by the county commission for law enforcement, criminal justice, and criminal court operations relating to pretrial release, including, but not limited to, screening, supervision, and apprehension, subject to the following conditions: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1. The clerk must receive a sum equal to actual, demonstrable increased costs, if any, attributable to the implementation of this section. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]2. Moneys distributed to the sheriff must be used for increased expenditures in connection with the apprehension of defendants who fail to appear as required. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](5) If a final judgment for a fine and court costs, or either a fine or court costs, is entered in an action in which a deposit has been made in accordance with this section, the balance of such deposit, after deduction of bail costs as provided for herein, shall be applied to the satisfaction of the judgment. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1](6) In the event that this section becomes effective, the Supreme Court shall promulgate rules as necessary to implement this section.

source: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...TM&Title=->2005->Ch0903->Section 105#0903.105

[/SIZE]

Dog's opinion is just as valid as anyone else's, including Padilla. Dog may disagree with Padilla in terms of the way he is going about "finding" Caylee but it's clear he respects the guy and was really speaking to him as one bounty hunter brother to another. I thought it was a very informative interview and did not detect the slightest hint of grandstanding or "jealousy".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back