Dog The Bounty Hunter Advises Against Casey Getting Out of Jail on Bond

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Simple question not sure if it makes sense...I was just thinking...

Let's just say that the Padilla's knew right away that they would not be able to bail her out but acted like they were etc. Could it be that this was done to make LE "burn the midnight oil" to come up with charges faster than normal so her attorney would know what LE had against her? Also possibly "rushing" the case so LE wouldn't have solid proof of anything??

I don't think I made sense....I'm tired---off to bed!
It made perfect sense and it could be a defense move for just that reason.

I certainly did read what the bailbonds man wrote last night. But I don't think that is their only objective. I don't think holding Casey in a room with 24 hour watch is going to make her talk anymore then it has in jail.

Okay, but are you against seeing if Padilla could work some magic?
If so, why are you against it?

I feel it's painfully obvious that those opposed to her being released on the bail (that the judge has set) are only interested in seeing the gal fry for a crime that has yet to even have evidence of being committed.

(Don't shoot the messenger. These are the facts so far.)

If anyone opposed to her release has another reason why Padilla shouldn't give this a fair shot, please state it?
Thanks

Bail Agents in Florida are regulated in several ways. First by Title XXXVII of Florida Statutes, Chapter 648 and by Title XLVII, Chapter 903. Secondly by the Florida Insurance Code and finally by the Department of Financial Services' Administrative Rules. Posting a bail bond involves a contractual undertaking guaranteed by a bail agency, surety and the indemnitor (usually a relative or close friend). The bail bond is a financial guarantee to the court that the defendant will appear in court each and every time the court orders.

Continue Reading Here

http://www.bailflorida.com/AboutBailBonds.htm

Hello DAWN TREADER {{big wave}}

So nice to read you, again. It's been a long time.

Another fact to take issue with is the assurance Leonard Padilla gave when he stated he would be make sure she didn't go on the run and in fact he would hunt her down. Here's the problem:

EXCERPT
Florida does not allow bounty hunters.

* Apprehension of bail fugitives is only allowed as set forth in FS 648.30(2)&(3):
* (2) No person shall represent himself or herself to be a bail enforcement agent, bounty hunter, or other similar title in [Florida].
* (3) No person, other than a certified law enforcement officer, shall be authorized to apprehend, detain, or arrest a principal on a bond, wherever issued, unless that person is qualified, licensed, and appointed as provided in this chapter or licensed as a bail bond agent by the state where the bond was written.
* Violation of this is a 3rd class felony. [FS 648.30(4)].

source: http://www.americanbailcoalition.com...ail%20Laws.htm

States eliminating free lance bounty hunters, but allowing full time "runners" who work for 1 bond agent at a time.

1. Florida

All bail runners must be licensed, and work only for one bond agent (i.e., eliminating free lance bounty hunters), be over 18, a resident of the state, have no criminal record, and pass a certification course, Fla. Stat. § 648.37. One cannot make an arrest on an out of state bond unless the person is licensed in the state or the state where the bond was written. Fla. Stat. § 648.30.

source: http://www.americanbailcoalition.com...ter%20Laws.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This, along with the information provided by The Dog, leads me to believe the case has not been investigated in any way by the Padillas.

And it is puzzling how Leonard Padilla believes he can obtain information from Casey Anthony, not turn that information or discovery over to the LE and not face the Judge for interfering, with holding evidence, and perhaps, obstructing justice. I can't image a licensed Florida Attorney would advice him to do so.

I did do a little research and discover that Leonard Padilla is listed in the Yellowpages as sharing the same address and suite as a PI agency. Perhaps he is planning on their involvement in a (license) reciprocal situation in Florida so that he could attempt to circumvent the laws by relying on the fact a PI work in progress is not subject to subpoena. I really don't know.

As The Dog so apply pointed out, how can Casey help to find Caylee when she is confined to house arrest?

All this and more raises my suspicions as to why they are eager to be involved in what seems a pointless activity.

This is part of the reason I find this local case here so interesting. The guy is NOT charged with murder, but he is the number 1 suspect. So he is jailed on other charges that come with a 500k bond. But the DA argued successfully to the judge that his bail should be denied because he is a murder suspect!

What guy?

EXCERPT

Casey Anthony is not a bail fugitive.
She's being bailed out by a bail bondsman.
The "bounty hunter" is someone who is willing to work with her during her bail release period.

If Cindy & George could've been able to afford her bail, what then? She'd be in their home; ankle bracelet, conversations monitored (doubtful!), whatever.

Anyone with the $$$ can post bail for any other person needing bail.

You don't have to like it, but if you don't like it .... it's the same as saying you don't respect our justice system whereby a bail amount is set.

Everyone needs to remember that her only felony charge is neglect of a minor child. It is not murder.

It makes ya crazy, doesn't it?
:bang:

What guy?
I wrote a post earlier about a current case here in CA. A man is charged and incarcerated for charges that are totally unrelated to the murder of his wife. The crimes he is charged with come with a 500 k bond. However, his wife was murdered and he is the number one suspect. But he has not been charged with her murder.
So at his bail hearing, the DA argued that he should not be allowed out on his 500k bail because he is a murder suspect that is under investigation.
Initially the judge said he wasn't buying it and granted the guy bail But he also gave the DA 2 days to appeal it and come up with something better.
The DA gave some of the reasons why he thinks this guy murdered his wife and the judge revoked the bail!
So IOW, he is jailed on bondable offenses, but was denied bail because he is a murder suspect.

This, along with the information provided by The Dog, leads me to believe the case has not been investigated in any way by the Padillas.

Sad but true: It doesn't matter.
Anyone with the cash to bail someone out, can.

I wrote a post earlier about a current case here in CA. A man is charged and incarcerated for charges that are totally unrelated to the murder of his wife. The crimes he is charged with come with a 500 k bond. However, his wife was murdered and he is the number one suspect. But he has not been charged with her murder.
So at his bail hearing, the DA argued that he should not be allowed out on his 500k bail because he is a murder suspect that is under investigation.
Initially the judge said he wasn't buying it and granted the guy bail But he also gave the DA 2 days to appeal it and come up with something better.
The DA gave some of the reasons why he thinks this guy murdered his wife and the judge revoked the bail!
So IOW, he is jailed on bondable offenses, but was denied bail because he is a murder suspect.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that this man's wife has been proven to be not only dead, but that her death is a homicide.

I wish everyone emotionally inside this case would be happy that Casey isn't a murder suspect, because if she were, that would mean Caylee is for a fact, deceased and that she was murdered.

So far, it's happily not the case!
And yah, I know most here on WS think or feel that Caylee was murdered, but I'm glad there's no basis for this, other than speculation because her mother is a lying party animal.

It could get much worse, the person with the secret as to what happened to Caylee could go bye bye, commit suicide or have become even more mentally worse off than she already is. The chances of getting her to talk/confess/give up any useful info is slim to none and frankly not worth the risk.

The Padillas came out with their guns a blazing, saying how they were bailing Casey out. It's not as easy as they were trying to make it sound. They backpedled a bit on the Tony thread last night and in the media. Admitting oh yeah, conditions have to be met, etc. They jumped in without knowing much about the case. Tony admits that he didn't know much. Leonardo now admits that LE will probably level more charges against her.

Hi SuzyQ!

You make some good points and ITA the Padillas may very well have bitten off more than they can chew. FOX News reported today/tonight that Leonardo Padillo arrived in Florida today and was met at the airport by a slew of media outlets.

Reportedly, there is/was a candle light vigil scheduled at the Anthony home tonight which he plans to attend.

As far as Casey being bonded out by these folks with the intent of accomplishing what they allege LE and the FBI couldn't do - we have to remember they haven't even met with these two agencies so really, they are forming opinions based on speculation - not FACT.

Bottom line IMO - Casey has zero credibility based on the lies she's told from day one. This lack of truthfulness is one of the reasons why she is in jail. The other is child neglect.

This is what the DOG wrote on his website: July 20, 2008. He has been interested right from the beginning.

Patty,

What you copied/pasted from the "Dog's" website is pretty similar to what all media has reported.

What did I miss that you were trying to convey, as pertains how he's been "interested right from the beginning?"

Thanks

IMHO, Selma, Patty found and shared information that Dog Chapman did not wait to jump on the Caylee bandwagon until after the Padilla Bond/Bounty team came into the picture.

I feel that what Patty is trying to convey is that Mr. Chapman is not jealous that he "did not have the cajones and did not think of it first" as you stated in post # 3 of this thread.

If I misinterpreted either post, please correct me.

The "bounty hunter" is someone who is willing to work with her during her bail release period.

If Cindy & George could've been able to afford her bail, what then? She'd be in their home; ankle bracelet, conversations monitored (doubtful!), whatever.

You don't have to like it, but if you don't like it .... it's the same as saying you don't respect our justice system whereby a bail amount is set.

Everyone needs to remember that her only felony charge is neglect of a minor child. It is not murder.

:eek:
Uh...okay.
...back to topic.
Dogs comments were very enlightened, imo.
Fla. law is complicated, but he seems to get it.
I agree with Dog about padilla bailing casey out. I don't feel it's a good idea.
IMO, I'm most worried about Casey committing suicide, before Caylee can be found laid to rest.
IMO, based on the facts, Casey killed her daughter.
I believe LE thinks so too.
The bail amnt. was contested, and found to be just.
The high bail amnt, IMO, was to ensure Casey remain in jail.
IMO LE has a case, but is trying to get more evidence.
IMO, tomorrow, there may be more charges.
IMO, that's why Casey won't be released from jail: new charges, hopeefully with no bail.

Never did I post regarding Leonard Padilla as a bondsman or post that Casey Anthony was a fugitive. Nor did I post that she was not entitled to be bonded out. I don't know how you got that idea from my post. :waitasec:

Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter, stated on Greta and other news interviews, clearly assuring everyone that he would make sure Casey was kept in custody or he would go after her. Hence, the excerpts in my post which refer to Florida not Allowing Bounty Hunters and the other excerpt denoting the need for licensed (by the state of Florida) bond runners to pursue anyone who jumps bail.

Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter also stated if Cindy and George do not think their home would be a good place for all of them and Casey to stay, that he had an alternate plan and they would stay in another undisclosed location. He also said he had not spoken to Casey or her parents with regard to any of his plans.

:eek:

IMO LE has a case, but is trying to get more evidence.
IMO, tomorrow, there may be more charges.
IMO, that's why Casey won't be released from jail: new charges, hopeefully with no bail.

You could be right and we'll see.
Tomorrow's a new day and this dead horse has been well beaten for today, I suppose.
:blushing:

Okay, but are you against seeing if Padilla could work some magic?
If so, why are you against it?

I feel it's painfully obvious that those opposed to her being released on the bail (that the judge has set) are only interested in seeing the gal fry for a crime that has yet to even have evidence of being committed.

(Don't shoot the messenger. These are the facts so far.)

If anyone opposed to her release has another reason why Padilla shouldn't give this a fair shot, please state it?
Thanks

I did state another reason in a previous post..why add to the circus and the media corrections that LE already has to make..per this weeks presser? Why add to Casey's big media buzz? I really believe that she will be enthralled with the attention when she gets out.

I am opposed because I do not believe that there is anything magical about someone who confesses to a bounty hunter. They are normally people who have been on the run for sometime and are not being hidden by friends, family, getting press attention, etc. They are on the run, scared, broke, hungry, and wondering where they are gonna run to next..that is who ends up confesses to a bounty hunter.

Casey Anthony is none of these things. She feels she is in control, her attorneys are in control and she is not hungry, tired or on the run. When she gets out they will turn over any info they get to her attorneys....not LE. That is what I believe..because that is who they are working with..they are not working with LE.

By the way..please don't put words in my mouth or anyone's here by saying we want to see her fry. I do not believe in DP, but I do believe in LWOP. I think if you want a confession you will see one in due course..but not because a bounty hunter is involved in the case. This chick will not confess until there is evidence to go to the GJ and get a capitol one murder charge. Once that dance begins, about one month before her trial, when all the motions her attorneys have tried to drop the evidence, and they will try, have been denied, then the DA will put a plea deal on the table ..and this chick will sing like a bird..LWOP.

Never did I post regarding Leonard Padilla as a bondsman or post that Casey Anthony was a fugitive. Nor did I post that she was not entitled to be bonded out. I don't know how you got that idea from my post. :waitasec:

Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter, stated on Greta and other news interviews, clearly assuring everyone that he would make sure Casey was kept in custody or he would go after her. Hence, the excerpts in my post which refer to Florida not Allowing Bounty Hunters and the other excerpt denoting the need for licensed (by the state of Florida) bond runners to pursue anyone who jumps bail.

Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter also stated if Cindy and George do not think their home would be a good place for all of them and Casey to stay, that he had an alternate plan and they would stay in another undisclosed location. He also said he had not spoken to Casey or her parents with regard to any of his plans.

Okay, so then if she's bailed out and runs, he's not permitted to go after her and it'll be LE's problem. This would be the same as if the Anthonys had bailed her out. It wouldn't be Cindy & George's problem if she ran either.

What I'm really saying here is that she could run, no matter what. And if they don't want to risk that, they need to charge her with MURDER and hold her without bail. They've not done that. Yet.

Tomorrow's a new day.

The discussion today, however, was based on the charges (and BAIL) that currently exists.

Hello DAWN TREADER {{big wave}}

So nice to read you, again. It's been a long time.

Another fact to take issue with is the assurance Leonard Padilla gave when he stated he would be make sure she didn't go on the run and in fact he would hunt her down. Here's the problem:

EXCERPT

* Apprehension of bail fugitives is only allowed as set forth in FS 648.30(2)&(3):
* (2) No person shall represent himself or herself to be a bail enforcement agent, bounty hunter, or other similar title in [Florida].
* (3) No person, other than a certified law enforcement officer, shall be authorized to apprehend, detain, or arrest a principal on a bond, wherever issued, unless that person is qualified, licensed, and appointed as provided in this chapter or licensed as a bail bond agent by the state where the bond was written.
* Violation of this is a 3rd class felony. [FS 648.30(4)].

source: http://www.americanbailcoalition.com...ail%20Laws.htm

States eliminating free lance bounty hunters, but allowing full time "runners" who work for 1 bond agent at a time.

1. Florida

All bail runners must be licensed, and work only for one bond agent (i.e., eliminating free lance bounty hunters), be over 18, a resident of the state, have no criminal record, and pass a certification course, Fla. Stat. § 648.37. One cannot make an arrest on an out of state bond unless the person is licensed in the state or the state where the bond was written. Fla. Stat. § 648.30.

source: http://www.americanbailcoalition.com...ter%20Laws.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And it is puzzling how Leonard Padilla believes he can obtain information from Casey Anthony, not turn that information or discovery over to the LE and not face the Judge for interfering, with holding evidence, and perhaps, obstructing justice. I can't image a licensed Florida Attorney would advice him to do so.

I did do a little research and discover that Leonard Padilla is listed in the Yellowpages as sharing the same address and suite as a PI agency. Perhaps he is planning on their involvement in a (license) reciprocal situation in Florida so that he could attempt to circumvent the laws by relying on the fact a PI work in progress is not subject to subpoena. I really don't know.

As The Dog so apply pointed out, how can Casey help to find Caylee when she is confined to house arrest?

All this and more raises my suspicions as to why they are eager to be involved in what seems a pointless activity.

Hi A2Lite!!! ((((BIG HUG))))

Great to see you and thanks for the valuable info!

I have a bad feeling about the fate of this little girl mostly due to the fact that I can't get past the FACT this mother never called 911 or the police to report her daughter missing. What are your thoughts?

DT :blowkiss:

Sad but true: It doesn't matter.
Anyone with the cash to bail someone out, can.

If you read my post you would know I was not questioning the right of any defendant to bond out. Nor, was I questioning the qualifications required to post a bond. :waitasec:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that this man's wife has been proven to be not only dead, but that her death is a homicide.

I wish everyone emotionally inside this case would be happy that Casey isn't a murder suspect, because if she were, that would mean Caylee is for a fact, deceased and that she was murdered.

So far, it's happily not the case!
And yah, I know most here on WS think or feel that Caylee was murdered, but I'm glad there's no basis for this, other than speculation because her mother is a lying party animal.
Has the cadaver dog evidence been discredited? Because, if not, that's initial evidence that leads people to believe a murder may have taken place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes
Back