Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Borrowed from the letter thread Today, 12:22 PM from
Shotgun09

Still trying to catch up with all the letters here, I have to take frequent breaks from them all. ( And, it's still a bit early to pull out the Kettle One. ) However, one of the most enlightening things I have read is Cindy's clinging to Mort, her new Dom. It screams D Casey has turned states side, and I so look forward to all he has to share.
Really great catch Shotgun. We have not heard a peep about him. I hope that he did testify to the state in their interview. I bet he wont appreciate Cindy turning to Mort now, after all he has done for her ( in his mind).

Does his name show up on the witness list of the State?

TWA and 'all - I don't have links, but my recollection is that DC had not been paid, and that he said he was owed $89,000, and it seemed to me that he was pretty bitter about not getting paid.

I also seem to recollect that he said he was sick of the Anthonys and that he wished he had never heard of them, and that he was also pretty sick of the PI business and was considering doing something else.

Could some of this come out about the time of his court testimony? I seem to remember seeing this as a visual, not as a WS posting.

(But then I have dreams a lot, too.....)

Thanks for pulling up this thread TWA! I don't recall seeing D Casey's name on the witness list for either side...YET !!! And with all the sleuthing and speculating done here on this thread, I am confident that he is a great asset to the State. He has gone MIA, quietly removed himself from anything Anthony, and Cindy now has Mort ( Really? ) to do her dirty work. Calling him "our PI " in her letters, clearly said to me, that Dom is no longer Cindy's Knight in Shining Armour. He's gonna spill, and I can't wait for that!

I agree. The one good thing about the trial dragging out over time is it makes an opportunity for people to change their loyalties. Whatever affinity he may have had for Cindy was finite and with feelings cooling over time, emotionally detached, he may be more forthcoming. That is what I am predicting for George if he and Cindy divorce.

Unless and until he gets put on the State's witness list, does the defense have to put him on theirs in order to depose him?

I don't know, but I think that the defense does not have to depose anyone, especially if they know what they are going to say. I think the defense just wanted the State to do all the work, as usual. And, the defense wanted an invite as well. I know there was the big issue about it all in one of the hearings, and I have been waiting ever since then for the big doc dump regarding DC and the rest of his story that we never got to hear. So far though, I think the state's being tight-lipped about this one. Dom is still the Ace-in-the-hand. We need AZ for this one!

Shotgun09

Still trying to catch up with all the letters here, I have to take frequent breaks from them all. ( And, it's still a bit early to pull out the Kettle One. ) However, one of the most enlightening things I have read is Cindy's clinging to Mort, her new Dom. It screams D Casey has turned states side, and I so look forward to all he has to share.
Really great catch Shotgun. We have not heard a peep about him. I hope that he did testify to the state in their interview. I bet he wont appreciate Cindy turning to Mort now, after all he has done for her ( in his mind).

Okay, don't laugh - but who is Mort and How did I miss him?
OT joke: So does this mean it will now be "Mort and Cindy?" instead of ............oh you know!

LOL News Junkie!

Mort is A Lyons bff, PI , who helped interview R Kronks ex's, and has obviously been hanging around Cindy, according to the letters from Cindy to Casey.

LOL News Junkie!

Mort is A Lyons bff, PI , who helped interview R Kronks ex's, and has obviously been hanging around Cindy, according to the letters from Cindy to Casey.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: That guy - okay. I didn't know cindy was at her ole' PI games again!

Thanks, now I promise to pay better attention to names!

I dunno :waitasec:
As much as I (and many others here) would like to see some indication that Dominic has told the complete truth to LE investigators, I still have my doubts.
I just can't reconcile this thought with the fact that the Anthonys and Milsteads still promote Dominic ( http://dgator.com/default.aspx ) on their respective websites: http://www.cayleemarieanthonyfoundation.net/links.html and http://extremesearchandrescue.com/links.html

I would feel more comfortable about Dominic's possible damning testimony if there were a more obvious rift between Cindy and him. Surely Cindy knows exactly what secrets Dominic has or hasn't spilled? :snooty: I don't think she would send prospective clients (via her website) if she was upset or worried about his testimony.

It's a bit difficult for me to be patient until we get to that chapter of this novel.

Any other thoughts about these three continuing to link to one another?

I dunno :waitasec:
As much as I (and many others here) would like to see some indication that Dominic has told the complete truth to LE investigators, I still have my doubts.
I just can't reconcile this thought with the fact that the Anthonys and Milsteads still promote Dominic ( http://dgator.com/default.aspx ) on their respective websites: http://www.cayleemarieanthonyfoundation.net/links.html and http://extremesearchandrescue.com/links.html

I would feel more comfortable about Dominic's possible damning testimony if there were a more obvious rift between Cindy and him. Surely Cindy knows exactly what secrets Dominic has or hasn't spilled? :snooty: I don't think she would send prospective clients (via her website) if she was upset or worried about his testimony.

It's a bit difficult for me to be patient until we get to that chapter of this novel.

Any other thoughts about these three continuing to link to one another?

Maybe a legal contract for free advertising for Dominic's Investigations on each of those websites? IDK..just a thought

Thinking about Dominic Casey ..... the way it was left on Dec. 11, 2009 , Judge S. told LDB to go ahead with her Investigative Interview (which Baez could not attend).
LDB said that she did not "HAVE to file" a transcript of the deposition.
Judge S. said she did not HAVE to file it either. Only if she was going to "use" it, it would be filed. He said a lot of transcripts are NOT filed.
So ....... I imagine Dom did do a interview/depo with Linda D. B., and the transcript of it has not been filed.
If Dom had not done it by now, LDB would have filed some strong Motions to Compel him to do it and to hold him in contempt of court for disobeying the Judge's Order.
Dominic IS on the State's Witness List.

Dec 16, 2009 deposition was cancelled because it was no longer a "regular" deposition - it was relabelled as an "Investigative Interview" - which the public has not heard any more about. But, Judge S. told LDB that she could still utilize that time/date if she wanted to.

Dominic hastily moved out of his rented office space January 2010.

Tennis is no longer DCasey's attorney as of 5/7/2010

And Dom's Foreclosure case is set for a Hearing on August 13, 2010.
The last activity in the case was on May 11th when Dom got the records he was asking for.
http://www.seminoleclerk.org/CivilDocket/case_detail_3.jsp?CaseNo=2008CA006234

RAW HEARING: Part 1
http://www.wftv.com/video/21930588/index.html

Dec 11, 2009 Hearing - anniv Caylee found

(Dominic's attorney) Ms Tennis first - motion to strike & protective Order

Tennis
(4:44) Once the deposition is filed with the court, it is public record which is the other reason why Mr. Casey does not want to be involved in any part of the system that will lead to his exploitation, frankly.......

Tennis
(9:07)
the other difference is that a transcript of a deposition MUST be filed in open
court
and obviously, even if you decided to .....I've never seen one that
wasn't

Burdick
(9:15) It's not ....I don't have to file it

Judge
(9:18) no, I mean, they generally are ... I don't get one every time though ...

Tennis
(9:22)
unless the Court entered an Order sealing it, I believe that it would be filed

Judge
(9:27) plenty of times it is not, I guess it's just if it's going to be used, it's filed, but there are plenty of times that it is not. Having said that, Ms Drane Burdick anything
else from you.

Judge
(13:15) ..... go ahead and issue the investigative subpoena and go at it that way. If you want to utilize the time that you set aside previously, that's fine with me. [Dec. 16, 2009]

Baez
(14:57) ... we would just make it a moot issue and list him
as a witness and then they can go ahead and take their deposition

Judge
well, that's where we stand, because under 2704, I can't
overrule a Statute, it's their investigative power and they have the authority
to do that. If you choose to work
something out, that's fine with the court.
I'm not exactly sure about what it is your're seeking and you don't have
to tell me at this point. You've just
said it's not during his tenure with Mr. Baez.
So, having said that, for our purposes here today, the court would
basically tell you to go ahead and utilize your subpoena power
under that
statute, and if you can all agree on a deposition and it's content, you don't
need to seek leave of the court, just notify me about what's happened.

(15:56)Tennis
Will do

I agree. The one good thing about the trial dragging out over time is it makes an opportunity for people to change their loyalties. Whatever affinity he may have had for Cindy was finite and with feelings cooling over time, emotionally detached, he may be more forthcoming. That is what I am predicting for George if he and Cindy divorce.

Unless and until he gets put on the State's witness list, does the defense have to put him on theirs in order to depose him?

Dominic was added to the State Witness List on March 23, 2009.
The Defense would only add him to their Witness List in order to have the legal right to sit in on the State deposition of Dominic. As far as we know, the Defense never added Dominic to the Defense Witness List. The public would have learned about a "regular" deposition (as opposed to the private "Investigative Interview" which the Defense could not attend), if the Defense had added Dominic to their Witness List.
The State has the power, by law, to subpoena anybody and do an Investigative Interview with them.

Thanks for pulling up this thread TWA! I don't recall seeing D Casey's name on the witness list for either side...YET !!! And with all the sleuthing and speculating done here on this thread, I am confident that he is a great asset to the State. He has gone MIA, quietly removed himself from anything Anthony, and Cindy now has Mort ( Really? ) to do her dirty work. Calling him "our PI " in her letters, clearly said to me, that Dom is no longer Cindy's Knight in Shining Armour. He's gonna spill, and I can't wait for that!

Dominic IS on the State Witness List, which is posted in this thread
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75220&page=16

Shotgun09

The dates of Cindy's letters to Inmate Anthony are Sept 2009 through Feb 2010.
Dominic was due to give his Investigative Interview to the State Dec. 16, 2009.
Dominic hastily moved out of his rented office space January 2010.
I wonder at what timeframe Cindy transferred her "detective" skills to Mort, instead of Dominic?
What are the specific dates of the letters where Cindy talks about Mort to Inmate Anthony?

http://www.mortsmith.com/ Lots more credentials at his website

Illinois Licensed Private Investigator #115-000975

Mortimer "Mort" Smith, M.A., is an Illinois Licensed Private Detective. He specializes in criminal defense investigations and cases involving civil rights violations. Mr. Smith is a consultant to criminal defense investigators and attorneys on matters concerning criminal defense investigations. He is the co-founder of, and primary instructor for, the Certified Criminal Defense Investigation Program at DePaul University College of Professional and Continuing Education. Mr. Smith is also an adjunct Professor in the Criminal Justice Department at Westwood College in Chicago, IL. Mr. Smith teaches trial preparation investigation and post trial investigation to 2nd and 3rd year law school students at the Center for Justice in Capital Cases/DePaul University College of Law.

Shotgun09

Found the letter where Cindy talks about Mort. It is dated the end of January 2010 - I think Dominic was done with Cindy by then. Dominic most likely had to give a State Investigative Interview on Dec. 16, 2009. Dominic disappeared Jan 2010. It is funny, Cindy says she sent the info to Mort, and hopes he looks into it. Cindy did not confer with Dominic on this info. Cindy definitely does not have the same "detective" comradarie that she had with Dominic, where they shared info and clues and searched out info TOGETHER.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24039447/detail.html
page 171
Jan 31, 2010

Casey I don't want to upset you but I keep getting messages from someone that is claiming Caylee is alive & in New York specifically the Bronx or Manhatten. Said Zani is there with her half brother (Hector) she supposedly was/has been in California since at least Nov 2008. Same area we got that tip that Caylee was in New Port Beach Nov 2008.
I've sent Mort the info. I hope he follows up on it. He's about the only one I trust. I still believe you are being framed and need so desperately to prove it. I pray everyday for something to come out so you can come back home.

Dominic was added to the State Witness List on March 23, 2009.
The Defense would only add him to their Witness List in order to have the legal right to sit in on the State deposition of Dominic. As far as we know, the Defense never added Dominic to the Defense Witness List. The public would have learned about a "regular" deposition (as opposed to the private "Investigative Interview" which the Defense could not attend), if the Defense had added Dominic to their Witness List.
The State has the power, by law, to subpoena anybody and do an Investigative Interview with them.

Thank you so much! [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls_dUmQTgNM[/ame]
I remember now after looking up the hearing.

Found the letter where Cindy talks about Mort. It is dated the end of January 2010 - I think Dominic was done with Cindy by then. Dominic most likely had to give a State Investigative Interview on Dec. 16, 2009. Dominic disappeared Jan 2010. It is funny, Cindy says she sent the info to Mort, and hopes he looks into it. Cindy did not confer with Dominic on this info. Cindy definitely does not have the same "detective" comradarie that she had with Dominic, where they shared info and clues and searched out info TOGETHER.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24039447/detail.html
page 171
Jan 31, 2010

Casey I don't want to upset you but I keep getting messages from someone that is claiming Caylee is alive & in New York specifically the Bronx or Manhatten. Said Zani is there with her half brother (Hector) she supposedly was/has been in California since at least Nov 2008. Same area we got that tip that Caylee was in New Port Beach Nov 2008.
I've sent Mort the info. I hope he follows up on it. He's about the only one I trust. I still believe you are being framed and need so desperately to prove it. I pray everyday for something to come out so you can come back home.

BBM

Why is this Mort the "only" one Cindy trusts??? What about Jose, Andrea, Mason, Baden, Lee, et al????? Does she distrust them??????? Curious indeed.

BBM

Why is this Mort the "only" one Cindy trusts??? What about Jose, Andrea, Mason, Baden, Lee, et al????? Does she distrust them??????? Curious indeed.

I don't think CA trusts anyone. She opts to believe those who are telling her what she wants to hear at the moment. And dismisses those who will try and make her face reality.

I don't think she or George have ever liked or trusted Baez. They don't know where he came from. They didn't select him for KC. Granted in this case they probably do have ALOT of justification in not trusting him. It is sort of apparent that a major reason for GA and CA not being able to see or visit KC is to prevent them from meeting with her to discuss JB specifically.

I don't think CA trusts anyone. She opts to believe those who are telling her what she wants to hear at the moment. And dismisses those who will try and make her face reality.

I don't think she or George have ever liked or trusted Baez. They don't know where he came from. They didn't select him for KC. Granted in this case they probably do have ALOT of justification in not trusting him. It is sort of apparent that a major reason for GA and CA not being able to see or visit KC is to prevent them from meeting with her to discuss JB specifically.
You sure hit that ol' nail on the head.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya
Back