Don't think I can continue here if no Gen Discussion Thread...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And then it is the whole issue of we have become accustomed of that way for weeks now and it is kinda uncomfortable switching to a new system now.

But they're trying to pull it back to the was it was, which, really - believe it or not - was easier to navigate and keep up with.

PLEASE bring back the general discussion board!

I, personally, completely ignored the general discussion because it got to be too much of repetitive posts, or fluff in between actual facts. I don't have time to read all of the extra stuff to get to the information.
jmo

Okay, here I go.

I worked hard to get into Websleuths. I read and read and read and read before I was fortunate enough to get in. A lot of people, because of ISP issues, aren't so lucky. And it sucks not to be able to get in here with all of these WONDERFUL people!!!
I remember thinking, the first day I lurked on WS's, that surely by the looks of this place, you must have to "pay" to join, right? I looked all over WS's that first day, looking for the "catch" that told you how much membership was. And then I discovered that it was free...and that some lady named Tricia was paying for all of this AND making it free to join AND free for guests. I was amazed. I still am. I feel obligated every time I sit in front of this board to offer assistance to help pay for this site. Knowing that she pays for all of this alone makes me feel guilty.
I have been lucky enough thus far that apparently I haven't really done anything stoopid...at least "Mom" hasn't told me that I have or sic'ed the mods on me. If I got banned, OMG, I honestly think I would die. I would be lost without WS's. Before I came here I didn't know that there was a single soul on the planet who shared my passion for solving these cases and bringing justice to those who otherwise may not have a voice.
I liked the GD thread as well. Oh well. I don't make those decisions, and I have to believe, because I have faith in the woman who pays for this site I love so much, that she knows what she's doing and I don't have the right to complain.
I mean no disrespect to anyone. Please, those of you who are tempted to cancel your membership or get yourself banned intentionally, reconsider. Your input IS appreciated and we are ALL affected when major changes take place. This too, shall pass. We'll adjust. We will survive without the GD thread if Mom doesn't want it here anymore. Please don't second guess her and upset her or make her angry. Mom's plate is full, please, just don't. It upsets me to think that right now, because people keep complaining about this GD thread thing, Mom may be asking herself why she bothers?!? What if WS's was GONE!!! No threads of ANY kind?????? No information, nothing.
Ws's is awesome. There is no better place to be. And our site is so highly respected and widely known for a reason. Now, could we pweeze get back to the reasons we are all here together to begin with? We all share a common goal..let's let this GD thread thing go and let's focus on trying to help find Caylee.
(And now I'm gonna go hide over there in the corner so I don't get hit with nuthin')

It all comes down to this.........dont like the forum.....dont let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!! :)

Not being mean, just making a point, this case has me :mad:

There's entirely too many "repeat" threads. Too many zanny threads, too many TES threads. I'm just confused trying to find information - what's old, what's new. So, I'm with you.... gonna give this a rest for a while and read other forums.

If you see duplicate threads, PM a mod to merge them or report the threads. The mods need our help sometimes to keep the forum under control too.

The Jennifer Kesse thread was just one thread for discussion, also Tara Grinstead, an Trenton Duckett.

I, personally, completely ignored the general discussion because it got to be too much of repetitive posts, or fluff in between actual facts. I don't have time to read all of the extra stuff to get to the information.
jmo
And that's absolutely fine. But many, many other people did use that thread and found it very useful.

Apparently it became a burden to monitor.

Reverting to a daily 'what's new' thread is probably the same thing as creating a general discussion thread, with a different name. I'm not sure that it will be any easier to monitor, but whatever.

Okay, here I go.

I worked hard to get into Websleuths. I read and read and read and read before I was fortunate enough to get in. A lot of people, because of ISP issues, aren't so lucky. And it sucks not to be able to get in here with all of these WONDERFUL people!!!
I remember thinking, the first day I lurked on WS's, that surely by the looks of this place, you must have to "pay" to join, right? I looked all over WS's that first day, looking for the "catch" that told you how much membership was. And then I discovered that it was free...and that some lady named Tricia was paying for all of this AND making it free to join AND free for guests. I was amazed. I still am. I feel obligated every time I sit in front of this board to offer assistance to help pay for this site. Knowing that she pays for all of this alone makes me feel guilty.
I have been lucky enough thus far that apparently I haven't really done anything stoopid...at least "Mom" hasn't told me that I have or sic'ed the mods on me. If I got banned, OMG, I honestly think I would die. I would be lost without WS's. Before I came here I didn't know that there was a single soul on the planet who shared my passion for solving these cases and bringing justice to those who otherwise may not have a voice.
I liked the GD thread as well. Oh well. I don't make those decisions, and I have to believe, because I have faith in the woman who pays for this site I love so much, that she knows what she's doing and I don't have the right to complain.
I mean no disrespect to anyone. Please, those of you who are tempted to cancel your membership or get yourself banned intentionally, reconsider. Your input IS appreciated and we are ALL affected when major changes take place. This too, shall pass. We'll adjust. We will survive without the GD thread if Mom doesn't want it here anymore. Please don't second guess her and upset her or make her angry. Mom's plate is full, please, just don't. It upsets me to think that right now, because people keep complaining about this GD thread thing, Mom may be asking herself why she bothers?!? What if WS's was GONE!!! No threads of ANY kind?????? No information, nothing.
Ws's is awesome. There is no better place to be. And our site is so highly respected and widely known for a reason. Now, could we pweeze get back to the reasons we are all here together to begin with? We all share a common goal..let's let this GD thread thing go and let's focus on trying to help find Caylee.
(And now I'm gonna go hide over there in the corner so I don't get hit with nuthin')

I Love You. I don't know you but I love you.

Have I told you lately that I love you?:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Okay, here I go.

There you go sounding so darn rational. Let it go. Why didn't I think of that?:waitasec:

JMO, but I will not miss the GD thread. At first it seemed to work well, but lately it hasn't seemed to flow well at all. There have been too many late night arguments (why can't we all just get along?) and many seem to be losing their objectivity when discussing new information. Add to that the constant requests to be updated on the story from day one by folks who are too lazy to look up in a relevant thread or those not reviewing or remembering the TOS and therefore being the perpetrator of constant TOS violations.
Again, JMO, there was too much hatemongering and not enough sleuthing going on. The name of the forum is 'Websleuths' not 'I hate fill-in-the-blank'. There is a reason and a purpose for this forum. A few folks seem to have lost sight of it.

It will also make the forum easier to navigate and info discussed easier to locate by LE or other investigators who may be reading here.

Ok, I know I've ticked someone off so go ahead and start throwing the tomatoes.

I have to laugh when I see them being called the "GD threads". I have been known to cuss those very threads under my breath a time or two.

I admit I felt a little lost immediately, but I think it will work out well in the long run. Tricia knows what she is doing and if it is easier on the mods to control our mob...I think it is a great idea. :) We are growing by leaps and bounds still and someone has to monitor us in a way that is effective. Just my two cents...(Can I get change for that since it was probably only worth about a penny, if that?! LOL)

I've been here for a long time and I was here during the Peterson case. There wasn't a GD thread there and it was just fine, as Tricia said.

Why are people making such a big deal out of this? It's Tricia's board, she makes the rules, there is no more GD thread. Focus on Caylee.

I LOVE it here, have for years. Tricia is awesome.

This thread is a waste of time.

JMO, but I will not miss the GD thread. At first it seemed to work well, but lately it hasn't seemed to flow well at all. There have been too many late night arguments (why can't we all just get along?) and many seem to be losing their objectivity when discussing new information. Add to that the constant requests to be updated on the story from day one by folks who are too lazy to look up in a relevant thread or those not reviewing or remembering the TOS and therefore being the perpetrator of constant TOS violations.
Again, JMO, there was too much hatemongering and not enough sleuthing going on. The name of the forum is 'Websleuths' not 'I hate fill-in-the-blank'. There is a reason and a purpose for this forum. A few folks seem to have lost sight of it.

It will also make the forum easier to navigate and info discussed easier to locate by LE or other investigators who may be reading here.

Ok, I know I've ticked someone off so go ahead and start throwing the tomatoes.

I'm not going to throw one of my delicious home-grown tomatoes at you, but how does creating more threads stop the behavior you dislike?

Splitting up topics won't make it go away, it will just be spread over more threads, giving the mods more work to do.

From a purely management aspect, I think removing the general thread will create more of a burden on the people who oversee the site.

But then, I don't work here so it's not my problem!

I have to laugh when I see them being called the "GD threads". I have been known to cuss those very threads under my breath a time or two.

I'm outta here after this but I had to say that this made me laugh!! I hadn't thought of that till I read this!!!

I was upset at the way the general discussion threads were shut down so abruptly but I find that I am having no problems finding threads for what I want to discuss today. It's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm