Dozens Hold Memorial At Caylee Remains Site

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope with the memorials over the press will move on and the "drama" from the Anthonys will stop. Now my two cents.
What Padilla had by the water was not a memorial it was a gathering of hope and to bring the spotlight back to Caylee.

resp. snipped....

from our own Daily News Updates in Nov.....& isn't the LP quote nice ???

LP announces "his memorial" (several times) even before the remains have been found......only at the last minute is this changed to a "prayer service".

Celebrity Bounty Hunter Holds Memorial Service For Caylee:
Missing Girl Last Seen In Mid-June
POSTED: 7:50 am EST November 10, 2008
UPDATED: 9:46 am EST November 11, 2008

<snipped>
What do you think?" she replied. "I have not a problem with him being out here. I have a problem with him having a memorial service for Caylee (on Tuesday)," CA said. "You'd have a problem with it, too."

"Why do you feel it's your place to host (a memorial service)?" DeForest asked LP.

"Nobody else is doing it," he said. "You want to do it?"

If I were in Orlando I would also have joined LP & RG at the curbside prayer . I only saw a very short clip of Rev. G but my heart went out to him in a major way . Imagine how hard it was for him to go to the very place Caylee's little body was found .

I am disgusted that the church went along with CA in banning a list of people from attending the memorial FOR CAYLEE .

A Church turning people away........Unbelievable . More importantly Why ??

IMO it's hypocritical to stand in a church/house of the lord paying tribute to ,seeking forgiveness /compassion /understanding for the very person responsible for Caylee's death but can't find it in them selves to forgive those on " the list " for words .

Am I the only one bothered by the fact that this memorial was held at the same time as the public memorial scheduled by the family? Does it seem to anyone else that this was disrespectful to Caylee? I understand that those who were "not invited" to the service at the church might want to get together and share their memories and their grief too, but didn't it seem that doing this at the same time the family was holding the public memorial was just to spite the family that Caylee loved so dearly? Couldn't they have just watched the service on TV and held their own memorial on another day or at least later in the day than the family did?

I'm sorry but I just don't understand the logic - or lack thereof - that one would use to schedule this at the same time. I can't see any reason to the timing of this that was to honor Caylee.

IMO, the reason for the timing was for those who were not allowed at the church to be together; not home watching tv. Doing it on another day may have been an attempt to upstage or asking some to go through it twice. This was for the "outcasts" and others who for whatever reason didn't attend the A's gathering.

Money's being paid just hard to find out who's collecting....

AFAIK......the G's are the only 'prosecution' witnesses flying around the country doing a "media blitz".......(accompanied by their "entertainment lawyer")

That may have something to do with CA trying to throw JG under the bus. At least that's what the Reverend says, and so far, I haven't caught him in a lie. CA even lied yesterday, imo.

I'm not in the least bothered by LP and RG's 100% about Caylee services running at
the same time as ......

That's all I can say because anything else I'd care to add is gonna get me ousted, and I like it here too much.

I had the exact same problem. Glad it wasn't just me. I finally settled on 'gathering.' ;)

KC is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The public has no such restriction.

I do not think it was disgusting that a man, who spent his own money and time and love to search for Caylee, joined with a man, who loved this child and treated her like a Gdaughter, to pray, sing and remember a beautiful life lost far too young.

They neither forced nor prevented anyone from deciding to join them. They caused no shame whatsover to Caylee's memory.

I am sure that those who remembered Caylee today and grieved for her passing found comfort.

MOO

Very well said. And that was the point, right? To honor Caylee and comfort those who love her?

I also would have joined LP. Having lost a baby myself I have great sympathy for the Anthonys, but the memorial should not have been a platform to make speeches about KC, or ask people to support and send her letters. This should have been Caylee's day.

Amen to that. I know that Caylee is with the Lord in Heaven. Does that ameliorate or make the destruction of her life or her suffering less of an imperative to convict the person who did this to her? No.

According to news reports, there were somewhere between 50-100 people at the Suburban prayer service this morning, who, for whatever reason, chose not to attend the church memorial.

No one was turned away, no one was there to protest, and by all accounts the gathering was very respectful. I have no problem with a bunch of people joining together to pray for the repose of little Caylee, whether they're in a big fancy church or standing at the side of a back road.

If these folks had chosen to get together at another time, they be accused of being in it for media attention. Since they did it at the same time as the church service, they're being accused of doing it to get media attention. Catch 22.

:) Looks like you were all over this yesterday and I'm late. ITA and WTG!

If I were in Orlando I would also have joined LP & RG at the curbside prayer . I only saw a very short clip of Rev. G but my heart went out to him in a major way . Imagine how hard it was for him to go to the very place Caylee's little body was found .

I am disgusted that the church went along with CA in banning a list of people from attending the memorial FOR CAYLEE .

IMO it's hypocritical to stand in a church/house of the lord paying tribute to ,seeking forgiveness /compassion /understanding for the very person responsible for Caylee's death but can't find it in them selves to forgive those on " the list " for words .

To me, you hit the nail on the head: hypocritical

and perhaps sacrilegious? Just a question.

IIRC, Brad Conway made a point of stating there were people who were not allowed. I don't recall specifically citing a list, but it could be inferred from his words. Also, RG stated he and JG were not allowed, if memory serves. This, to me, indicates it's not a figment of LP's imagination.

LP and some others had already arrived or made arrangements to go prior to this notice from BC. I think it was very, very appropriate to have an alternate place for those who were "disinvited" from God's house to go, be together and grieve.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone not being allowed to pay their respects, even when the service wasn't at a church and nothing of the sort was on my mind when I had lost a loved one. How can one begin to heal by picking at old wounds?

I never questioned anyone having thier own "service".....& I never said there wasn't a 'list', I said I wanted to see who is on it....

If LP is on it, I think he's earned the right.....if you read in my post #81, you'll see his 'quotes' from Nov.

Would you like anyone holding a "memorial" for your 'missing' relative & also stating he's having a memorial "because nobody else will"......even RG says memorials are family business.

Oh, I don't know the exact figure but I would guess that the jet-setting Anthonys have made 30 tv appearances for every one made by the Grunds. As far as I know, the entire A family is on the 'prosecution' list.

Exactly. And while JG wants to clear his name with truth, well... You know what the A's are doing with distortion and/or denial.

Oh, I don't know the exact figure but I would guess that the jet-setting Anthonys have made 30 tv appearances for every one made by the Grunds. As far as I know, the entire A family is on the 'prosecution' list.

Doesn't that make sense considering it was their granddaughter who was "missing" and murdered?

Isn't it strange that all th leinency that is called for on behalf of the Anthony memorial is not extended to anyone else...not to LP, RG,JG or even others. Not accusing anyone, but just noticing that charity only extends so far. I think those who went to the memorial went because they wanted to be there. I hope they found comfort.

With all due respect, LP did not lose a member of his family. The Anthony's did. Two, depending how you look at it.

Mentioning KC at the memorial for their granddaughter isnt a problem in my eyes. REMEMBER - everyone (Including KC) is innocent until proven guilty - our opinions dont matter at all. Its the law - plain and simple. To ignore their daughter at the First Baptist memorial would not have helped them heal in my opinion - after all - without a KC there wouldnt have been a Caylee.

And I still think its disgusting that LP and RG had a Memorial for Caylee the same time as the other. And I am going to guess that RG has made some money off of his family photos with Caylee - after all - why would he copyright all the remaining ones if he weren't paid for the others. Just my opinion......

And was it wrong for LP to put up 500,000 bucks to get KC out of jail? And was it wrong for RG to open his home to KC, even though Caylee isn't Jesse's daughter? They had every right to have a memorial of their own. REMEMBER- CINDY banned them from her memorial.

Local 6 news showed a piece and some people said they felt they needed to pay their respects where Caylee was found. LP and RG were there. Some people read poems. Alot of gifts and flowers there.

They were there because they were "BANNED" from the House of God where the actual PUBLIC memorial was held. Cindy touting forgiveness and all that and holding the banned list in her heart! The Rev Gund confirmed in his blog that he and his family were in fact on that list, which is despicable to me. If they were going to do things in that manner, then they should have had the memorial in a NON religious forum, such as a rec-center, but NONE should be BANNED from the house of GOD!

I never questioned anyone having thier own "service".....& I never said there wasn't a 'list', I said I wanted to see who is on it....

If LP is on it, I think he's earned the right.....if you read in my post #81, you'll see his 'quotes' from Nov.

Would you like anyone holding a "memorial" for your 'missing' relative & also stating he's having a memorial "because nobody else will"......even RG says memorials are family business.

I did not mean to imply anything or 'put words in your post' and am not sure how you got that from my post.

If you would like to see a list, I suppose that will have to come from the creator or those who enforced it. The words of those who were told they were on it, such as RG; the reporters who say they viewed it; and the lack of denial from the church or any other source as to its existence are enough for me to draw a logical conclusion.

That may have something to do with CA trying to throw JG under the bus. At least that's what the Reverend says, and so far, I haven't caught him in a lie. CA even lied yesterday, imo.

The G's 'media blitz' was 12-22 (IIRC) right after the remains were . identified........I don't believe anything was said about KC throwing JG under the bus.

These interviews are where JG contradicts his LE interviews, "KC's a diabolical
liar" (July)....to now being "KC in jail not the KC I knew".....

JG also contradicting from his interview he's "been instructed by LE not to talk to media".

Here here! I agree completely and think some very strongly worded correspondence should be sent to whatever conference governs that church body to give a voice to the disataste that is banning people from a CHURCH! What minister of God would agree to such a thing?

With all due respect, LP did not lose a member of his family. The Anthony's did. Two, depending how you look at it.

With equal respect, I believe the G's feel as if they also have lost at least one, possibly two. RG has stated as much.

I would feel much differently had the A's not placed so many restrictions on the church gathering. But since there were some who were not allowed, I think it was nice to have a place for them to go.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back