Dr G Medical Examiner

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exactly - there's no reason to put duct tape on a child before or after a homicide (I believe that's what she was getting at). Thus the reason for cause of death by undetermined homicidal means. That duct tape didn't just crawl onto her mouth (as the DT seemed to want to imply today). Why would the duct tape be placed across her head? Why would duct tape be applied anywhere? That's my question!

MOO - thanks, and please.

Mel

Hi Mel, I didn't get to watch much today, but think on HLN or CTV it was said the tape did extend around the back of the head but with being in water, etc, it had come loose from the head. It was still attached tho on the right mandible and hair mat.

Oh, It was Dr Perper {sp} of Anna Nichole fame who said that today to a TV show host, and the host then said that is info the jury hasn't heard yet. I wonder who will address that issue?

Can't add much to what's already been said but I just wanted to say that I thought Dr. Garavaglia did an excellent job of standing up for Caylee! I knew she would!

Thank you Dr. G.!

a wee bit o/t topic but what does AFKBPOFPOPL mean? TIA

not her exact words... but she said there would be NO reason to put the tape on after death. In her experience, the use of duct tape would be a reason to conclude a homicide had been commited. Do we have a link to court transcripts???

Thank you, that's what I remember also.

Haven't read the whole thread, but I just wanted to say Dr. G is THE BOMB DIGGITY!!! I really liked her! She seemed very logical and made sure to make the point several times that her conclusions were based on scientific observations. She was very specific to say the manner of death was 100% homicide. And I thought it was BRILLIANT to point out that regardless of how long a drowned child may be in a pool, 100% of the time observations have shown that parents call 911 because they have hopes that their child could be saved....even if they know it's not likely, they want it to be so badly that they call 911. THEY DON'T WRAP THE CHILD IN GARBAGE BAGS AND DUMP THE BODY! BOOYAH!

Rewatching this- wow was she a great witness. She got to say everything most of us feel.

I saw the part where JA asked DR. Werner straight out if he had an opinion on whether the duct tape was placed prior to decomposition and he said yes. I remember a poster on the afternoon thread saying that was two experts today that confirmed it so I just thought Dr.G had said it that way. There's so much to remember but I was sure that I would have remembered that. I believe she did in her depo. If you read the depo with her and CM you have a perfect understanding of why she went right into the accidental drowning scenario and did not need to hear it from media or opening statement like CM was trying to indicate. Guess CM doesn't recall having asked her about an accidental drowning in the depo. Was in and out a few times during other testimony but I was sure I was closely listening to everything she said. Really had me questioning myself. IMO she was great!!!

WENDY MURPHY JUST SAID THE STATE SAYS THE CHILD WAS KILLED ON THE 17th?

Is that true?

NO! Even the DT admitted the child "drowned" on the 16th, but the DT don't even know if it was in the morning or afternoon. Go figure. Is WM on crack?

I saw that too. I am going to start changing the channel whenever I see her pop up. She makes me nuts. :banghead: All I hear out of her mouth is deception and distraction to save Casey.....Never any mention of poor lil Caylee.

I started changing the channel weeks ago.

Thank you, Dr. G!!!! :rocker: Another hero for Caylee :great:

Your time on the stand was much shorter than I anticipated, but as truthful, poignant and effective as I knew it would be. Thanks for being awesome. Thanks for speaking for Caylee. And thanks for getting so much into your short, memorable testimony.

I wanted to tell you that I think you have an enemy. The inmate even tried to pretty herself up a wee bit upon your entrance into the courtroom (because of YOU she really is a rockstar now!), and then proceeded to glare and stare vehemently in your general direction. She became what I consider to be the most angry she has been/acted in court to date just after you finished on the stand. I just wanted to say Thank You for that as well. :great::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

YOU ROCK, Dr. G!!!!

I think Mason was smart enough to get out of dodge. She was a strong witness and getting stronger with every question.
His co-counsel should watch and learn.

Agreed.Truly, he would have been smarter to not ride into Dodge in the first place. His spurs weren't jangling and his six shooter was not blazing. lol God Bless Dr. G - she rocks! She tore them up today. It was the highlight of the day in my opinion.

Everything within reason! :crazy:

Lol, I just came out of my very FIRST time out a very short while ago and am not ready to have my hand slapped again!

It's all in my head tho. Call if you wanna hear it! Long as your phone isn't tapped and you're not FBI....

Gonna have me another potato water. WS rocks!!!

Honestly, the case agaisnt Casey is weak. Most of the scientific evidence, came from the car, which had a very distorted chain of custody. They have a hard time proving beyond a reasonable doubt that there even was a death, let alone one caused by Casey. I still see Casey walking after trial with maybe probation. Maybe.

I don't understand what you mean by "they have a hard time proving beyond a reasonable doubt that there even was a death." Caylee is dead. It was proven that those bones are hers. DNA proved it. If the bones of a person are found and DNA proves who that person was...that means the person is dead.

But didn't Dr. G say if a child dies by accident and 911 isn't called, and the accident isn't reported then it's a homicide?

Here are excerpts of Dr. G's testimony:

"The fact that we know 100% of the time that accidental deaths [of children] are reported, unless there is a good reason not to be. We know that there is no reason not to report. In fact, if you do not report an injury to authorities, you're risking that child's life."

Prior to making the above statement, she said this:

"We look at all the accidental drownings, for instance, in my jurisdiction. We systematically went through those. 100% EMS is called immediately when the child is found."

"By my experience and by what is known about the way homicides occur, I felt that the preponderance of evidence and that there was no other logical conclusion could be found by not reporting a child for 30 - who has a legal, moral and ethical obligation to care for a child - not reporting that child missing. The fact that it's tossed in a field to rot in bags is a clear indication that the body was trying to be hidden. Those are - even it being put in a bag is a very big red flag for homicide and never seen in an accidental death of a child. And the fact that there's duct tape anywhere attached to that child's face is to me indication of a homicide."

There is much more here:

http://www.wesh.com/r/28200918/detail.html

Scroll down the page to see the video of Dr. G's testimony. It is truly outstanding.

One thing that stood out for me today on cross of DG. In regards to DG statement that 100 percent of child drowning cases that she had looked at were reported. 911 was called. CM asked something along the lines of would a person call 911 in the case of a drowning, even after it was apparent the child had died. DG replied something to the effect that it didn't matter how stiff the body was, they still tried to save the child.

I loved this answer, since trying to get help, of course, would be common sense, but I think it also undermines the DT theory. If we are to believe that GA and ICA were frantically searching for Caylee only to find her floating in the pool, or even on the bottom of the pool,...how would they know how long she'd been in there? An hour, half hour, ten minutes or 30 seconds? Is it even conceivable that two people, or even just one of them, who loved this child and were in a panic at not being able to find her would just accept that she was dead and begin a cover up? NOT Possible. They would be on the phone with 911 before they even had a chance to think about not reporting it. It would be instinctual. Either George would be screaming to call 911 as soon
as he found her or KC would run to call as soon as she saw her in George's arms. I can not picture them just accepting her death right then, without question, without desire to save their child and then decided to cover it up. NO Way Jose!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back