Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
~RBBM~

Snipped from the year 2000 interview , a review of the flashlight.
10 Q. (By Mr. Levin) Mr. Ramsey, I know
11 that you were asked questions about a black
12 metal flashlight that was found in the house.
13 We have developed, since '98, some
14 information about that flashlight I would
15 like to ask you just a little bit about.
16 Is that the flashlight that you
17 habitually used, say for example, if your
18 power went out and you had candles lit in
19 your house? Do you know?
20 A. Not necessarily. And I don't
21 know that that was my flashlight. The
22 picture I saw, and I think I commented at
23 the time, was that that one was very dirty.
24 My flashlight, while it looked to be the
25 same size, mine was clean. And my son gave
1 it to me for a present. So that was the
2 issue that I saw. It kind of looks like
3 mine, but it's certainly filthy.
4 Q. May not be?
5 A. Yeah.

Oh this flashlight? Oh it can't be mine, mine was clean (I wiped it down myself) and this one, well it is so dirty with all that fingerprint dust on it, so I don't know if it is mine. I had one just like it but mine was clean. And that hand writing on the RN, it can't be PR because it is too sloppy. "yeah, the only thing I notice about his RN is that it is sloppy" - BR.

PUHLEASE

I'm a very long time lurker here and know a lot about this case. I've read many of the forums here (and elsewhere), read the depositions, all of the books on the case and sifted through pretty much everything on A Candy Rose and everything else I came across on the Internet. This is one of only a few posts because I feel compelled to write my thoughts since watching the Dr Phil interviews.

The Dr Phil interviews were a typical one sided "pro Ramsey" stint. I'm more RDI or BDI than IDI. Deep down, my "gut feeling" is that BDI and PR covered it up. Having said that, I still feel sorry for BR in that he was a child when this happened. This brings me to my observations based on the BR interviews:

1. BR might be "socially awkward" a) because he has always been that way (early childhood developmental disorder such as AS or PDD) OR b) he developed this innapropriate affect through trauma.
I tend to lean toward the early onset, (hence why they never let him speak to the media) as well as his behaviours in the interrogation tapes. He is fidgety and shows inappropriate affect in the tapes.
2. BR is giving answers that are so constructed because he has been coached in what to say. I truly believe he knows more than he is saying.
3. I am questioning the part where he says he went downstairs on Christmas night to play with a toy. In JR's deposition, doesn't he say he went downstairs with Burke to help him put the toy together, not long after they got back from the White's?? (does anyone have the link to this?). Why does BR say he "snuck downstairs to play with the toy" with NO mention that his Dad came downstairs to help him?
4. This brings me to my next question: a) Did BR sneak downstairs by himself, eat pineapple with JBR, then hit her over the head in an argument, then PR cover it up with the staging?
b) Or did JR play with BR with the new toy, then tell him to go to bed, only for him to sneak back downstairs again after JR has gone to bed? Did JBR then come down for a snack and BR accidentally hurt her? Then did PR discover this and cover it up?
In all the reading I have done on this case, I've never thought JR was involved, but I do believe he knows what happened and is covering for PR and BR.
This case completely BAFFLES me, it always has.

I got the impression that the whole purpose of the Q+A with the audience was done to "correct" our impression that we got from the DP/BR interview. Damage control.
Agreed. And, speculating here, I also think everyone who asked a question was a Dr. Phil staff member asking prepared questions --- enabling DP to control the narrative. Even by Dr. Phil standards, that Q&A show was manipulative and carefully packaged to position the Ramseys as innocent.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

How's this...

After going to bed and the parents going to their bedroom, JB gets BR up (or vice-versa) and they go downstairs. BR gets the flashlight and they go to the basement awhile (were there toys in the basement also?) After coming up they go to the kitchen, BR sets the flashlight on the counter and gets the bowl of pineapple (his fingerprints on the bowl). He eats the pineapple and JB possibly picking pieces out with her fingers (her fingerprints not on the bowl). Patsy goes down to the kids bedroom's for a final check and realizes they must be downstairs. She is now royally pissed because it may be 1am (?) by then and they are supposed to be up early. She confronts them in the kitchen and JB talks back to her or otherwise infuriates her further and Patsy grabs the flashlight and hits in in blind momentary rage. Proceed with the cover-up.

Not saying I believe this because I still have a problem with whoever choking her to death while not realizing she was still alive. That's my big sticking point because you don't have to be a doctor or a paramedic to know that if someone is still breathing and has a pulse they are still alive. But I think this scenario is better than the PDI by accident upstairs because it accounts for the pineapple?

BBM: I'd like to know how (quoting Burke) "everybody was kind of in bed".

I can't remember offhand when they said they returned home that night and when the ME approximated the murder occurred? Was it 11:30pm and 1am? That's not enough time for an intruder to get JB, write the note, fashion the ligature, etc. AFTER they eventually went to bed if they were only "kind of in bed" around 11:30?

Is it an absolute certainty that the flashlight was responsible for JBR's head trauma? Could some other heavy object have been used instead? Any hammer's laying around the place or a weapon that has never been recovered? A fracture that size would have been caused by a very forceful blow to the head with a heavy object IMO.

Is it an absolute certainty that the flashlight was responsible for JBR's head trauma? Could some other heavy object have been used instead? Any hammer's laying around the place or a weapon that has never been recovered? A fracture that size would have been caused by a very forceful blow to the head with a heavy object IMO.
I don't think it was confirmed that the flashlight was the murder weapon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

And as far as BR, if he is innocent in hurting his little sister, then i think what we observe in him is some type of psychological problems from the events that unfolded in his life at a very young age. He lost his baby sister and his mother, and that can leave some deep emotional scars on a young person experiencing such losses. We don't know how BR processed all those life changing events in his life. And BR probably remembers what his mind selectively wants to remember and shuts out the rest. It's self preservation mode.

I noted that too.

JR has always said he had trouble getting Burke to bed that night. Naturally, it was Christmas night and having spent part of the afternoon and the evening at the Whites', he was no doubt eager to play with his new Christmas toys. I think they were heading to the cruise right after Michigan, so he wasn't going to see some of his new things for awhile.

Now we have Burke admitting he didn't stay in bed. And that everyone else was only kind of in bed, implying at least one other person got up or stayed up. JonBenet ate pineapple not long before she died.. Burke liked iced tea.

I'd love to see a transcript of Burke's grand jury testimony.

No, just a possibility. But I think it's a better explanation than the original "Patsy threw JB against the side of the bathtub" theory because the skull fracture seemed too severe for that. Other ideas are that it was a golf club (which were in the house) and a baseball bat on the lawn.

I am very green to this case. Only started learning the details about it last week.

Something I don't get:
If RDI or BDI then why would they not just pretend the initial skull fracture was an accident? Why such an elaborate, almost unbelievable story? They would have had very little time to stage. Too much room for error. Way easier to say she slipped in the tub or some similar type of accident. JMO

I noted that too.

JR has always said he had trouble getting Burke to bed that night. Naturally, it was Christmas night and having spent part of the afternoon and the evening at the Whites', he was no doubt eager to play with his new Christmas toys. I think they were heading to the cruise right after Michigan, so he wasn't going to see some of his new things for awhile.

Now we have Burke admitting he didn't stay in bed. And that everyone else was only kind of in bed, implying at least one other person got up or stayed up. JonBenet ate pineapple not long before she died.. Burke liked iced tea.

I'd love to see a transcript of Burke's grand jury testimony.

Realizing that, by his own admission, BR was awake and downstairs at some point after they returned, in the approximate time frame that she was murdered, and she had pineapple in her system and the pineapple bowl had his fingerprints on it, it is hard to believe he doesn't know MORE than he is telling.

Realizing that, by his own admission, BR was awake and downstairs at some point after they returned, in the approximate time frame that she was murdered, and she had pineapple in her system and the pineapple bowl had his fingerprints on it, it is hard to believe he doesn't know MORE than he is telling.

Couldnt the bowl have had their finger prints on it regardless of whether they touched it that day/night or not?

I am very green to this case. Only started learning the details about it last week.

Something I don't get:
If RDI or BDI then why would they not just pretend the initial skull fracture was an accident? Why such an elaborate, almost unbelievable story? They would have had very little time to stage. Too much room for error. Way easier to say she slipped in the tub or some similar type of accident. JMO

1. We don't know how much time someone had to stage the crime scene. If the blow to the head came around midnight (just a hypothetical), whoever staged the scene would have had over 5 hours to work. Even if the blow to the head came as late as 2 am, there still would have been plenty of time.

2. I personally believe the crime was staged in order to try to cover up evidence of prior molestation. Even in the event this was a accident, an investigation would have happened. Even in the event this was an accident, an autopsy was going to happen.

JMO

I don't think it was confirmed that the flashlight was the murder weapon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I've often wondered if there was a model train set around the tree and, if so, could she have been hit with one of the train cars? When I was growing up (1970s), my dad had an amazing train set that he put around our Christmas tree every year. The cars were no joke -- solid metal and weighty. Not sure how much damage they would do to an adult, but certainly could have done serious harm to a child's head.

If (key word IF) there were a train set, it could have been from JR's previous children, which would have put the cars from the same time period as the ones in my childhood.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member