Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you notice how Dr Phil kept flashing pictures of BR when he was like 5 or 6 years old as opposed to (I'm guessing here) a 4'5 almost ten year old pre-teen boy?

I have no doubt that BR is a highly intelligent individual. It would not surprise me if it came out that he was a precocious child.

It's risky for Dr. Phil to mention Burke's "brilliance" and "extreme intelligence" when one considers that some of the world's most notorious killers are/were known to have very high - even genius - IQs. :moo:

I can imagine John taking his melatonin and checking out (he was to fly the plane the next day and needed sleep), Patsy doing all the work to finish packing, then coming upon the children in the kitchen eating and drinking, and being angry because surely eating and drinking would promote wetting the bed that night. Perhaps they did scatter off to bed but soon JBr had wet the bed and that's when she lost it.
Wasn't it later confirmed that she did not wet the bed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hi CoolJ, Good question. My guess is whoever did that to JBR would be very concerned that she would be able to remember and tell who did that to her if she would of survived the head trauma. But i do find the garotte part of it very sadistic, and have no idea how someone could do such a thing unless they were a sadist. That's why i have trouble thinking a parent could do such a shocking thing to their own baby, or a 9 almost 10 year old to premeditate doing that to his little sister. It's beyond sick IMO.
Exactly!

This is the frustrating thing about cases like this. Police have one shot at the Bennin this is the frustrating thing about cases like this. Police have one shot at the beginning so they need to separate the parties in the house and pin them down to a set of facts and then use those facts against them once they're on the record.

John Ramsey did a good job of lawyering up and escaping being pinned down to one storyline and so now he has the luxury of explaining and correcting contradictions every step of the way.

Both he and his lawyer are coaching Burke to reveal certain things that can be explained later on in their favor such as "I touched this or I was there."

Smiling with genuine delight recounting your mother in emotional pain is not normal. His body language says a lot and I agree with everything Dr Lillian Glass has said about him.
Is it possible that Burke is basically an apathetic individual where he displays a lack of emotion, interest or concern. Keyword is "display". He has concern but lacks ability to display it. Apathy is described as "a state of indifference or the suppression of emotions such as concern, motivation, excitement and or passion."

In other words an apathetic person has reduced emotional "expression" vs a narcissist who actually lacks emotion and empathy, one who knows what you are feeling but doesn't care.

In addition, I don't think he was grinning with absolute delight. It looks like he is smiling but I think it is a combo of genetics and nervousnessness. Take a look at his eyes. I see pain in his eyes. I would like to know how Lillian Glass interprets the body language of those with mental disorders?

His affect is off and his emotions are inappropriate. He reminds me of my students that were diagnosed with Asperger's.

After watching 30 seconds of BR in the interview my thoughts were that he's autistic or has asperger's.
However, I find it peculiar that his parents didn't attend to BR's emotional needs or provide comfort to him that morning or the days following JBR's death. He was only 9 years old. There's no way that this didn't negatively impact his emotional or mental well being. I don't know how a child could ever fully recover emotionally or mentally from a tragedy such as this. That alone could explain his awkward behavior, appearing to be "off" and displaying nervous body language. Not to mention, the majority of us would be extremely nervous participating in a recorded interview that is going to be televised for the entire world.

After watching 30 seconds of BR in the interview my thoughts were that he's autistic or has asperger's.
However, I find it peculiar that his parents didn't attend to BR's emotional needs or provide comfort to him that morning or the days following JBR's death. He was only 9 years old. There's no way that this didn't negatively impact his emotional or mental well being. I don't know how a child could ever fully recover emotionally or mentally from a tragedy such as this. That alone could explain his awkward behavior, appearing to be "off" and displaying nervous body language. Not to mention, the majority of us would be extremely nervous participating in a recorded interview that is going to be televised for the entire world.

Well Dr Phil has told Entertainment Tonight that he has not got anything wrong with him and was simply nervous

Nothing was ever confirmed but I remember at the time, Ramsey's said it was not theirs (sure...) and it was pristine.....absolutely no prints inside or outside and none on the batteries....... Also, in one of the books I read eons ago, the head wound was not visible until autopsy and the shape of the cracked skull was similar to the shape of the Maglite head. JMO (Book may have been Cyril Wecht, not sure)
You are correct. I did see a preview for Sundays show posted here and it shows the Maglite fitting perfectly into the hole in her poor skull when hit from the side.

I always thought she was hit from behind. If she was sitting next to the person OR if she possibly was turned away and looked back to her right ... that would also work. They showed on the preview that the very top part of the flashlight (not the handle) could have easily made the hole and subsequent 8 inch crack.

Disgusts me to even talk about this.

I will look for the preview link and try to post.

how on earth can he have a VERY SPECIFIC theory when he admits he didnt even read the note, he never asked questions, never read the AR report etc,etc,etc

BS thats what it is,it is NOT his theory

Agree Agree Agree!!! To be so distant from the whole murder as if it happened to someone else, he surely can't have a very specific theory to who the killer is. Which is it Burke? You know intimate details of the murder and investigation or you were hiding in bed your whole life. You can't have it both ways.
To have a specific theory you would've HAD to of read the ransom note! It's a MAJOR piece of the puzzle.

And threw their used tissues in the waste can. (You know the ones. They came out of the box of tissues that Patsy said she'd never seen before.)

Nice to see you posting again Linda.
Wait... this is new to me!!! Seriously??? There was used tissue at the crime scene????
Oh please tell me they did DNA on that!!! :scared:

Is it an absolute certainty that the flashlight was responsible for JBR's head trauma? Could some other heavy object have been used instead? Any hammer's laying around the place or a weapon that has never been recovered? A fracture that size would have been caused by a very forceful blow to the head with a heavy object IMO.

I believe Dr. Warner Spitz said while the mag flashlight fit the hole in the skull other weapons could have also done the same damage.

questfortrue,

It was PR who said she used the flashlight to check on JonBenet since the wall switch in her bedroom did not work.

If JR has told Dr Phil he used the flashlight that night, then it can only be that either his or/and JonBenet's touch-dna has been found on the flashlight by the CBS Production Team?

Really, millionaires in a million dollar home and the light switch in a child's room doesn't work? Just like the basement window John kicked in so he could get in the house and it never gets repaired. They were real worried about the security of their children in their home, weren't they? To many pagents to prepare for and too many airplane flights to take.

topcop said:
snipped by me...
John Ramsey did a good job of lawyering up and escaping being pinned down to one storyline and so now he has the luxury of explaining and correcting contradictions every step of the way.

I have to share this from another poster... another contradiction...

They cannot keep track of the stories! I have lost track of how many versions they are up to now but I damn sure did not forget this:

http://www.acandyrose.com/04032001enquirer.htm

"
John and Patsy Ramsey have changed the story they told cops about their daughter JonBenet's murder -- they now admit their son Burke was awake during that Christmas 1996 nightmare!

In an exclusive ENQUIRER interview, the nation's most infamous murder suspects say Burke was jolted awake by screams in their Boulder, Colo. home.

"Burke knew something horrible had happened. He heard us screaming. He heard Patsy ...a woman in terror," John confessed. "We thought he was asleep but he wasn't. Burke was awake.

"Burke was frightened. He had tears in his eyes. He knew something very, very wrong was going on."

Until being questioned by The ENQUIRER, the Ramseys had always insisted that Burke was still sleeping when police arrived at their home after Patsy's 911 call.

But now John has admitted to The ENQUIRER that Burke woke up before the 911 call was placed at 5:52 a.m. to summon police.

In the Ramsey's face-to-face, in-depth interview with The ENQUIRER:

* The Ramseys - who still staunchly proclaim their innocence - broke their silence about what Burke knows of the murder and revealed fears their son will explode emotionally from keeping "a lot inside."

You have to at least wonder why the parents would lie and then lie again. If you've done nothing wrong, if there really was an intruder, there's no reason to lie whatsoever. Lying immediately changes the trajectory. You lose all credibility.

And then the stories start shifting and changing and finally, a decade or 2 later, leaping into the opposite (started out as "Burke never woke up, never ever ever" to "welll...he did hear us screaming and so he knew something was very wrong indeed.") They change stories as evidence emerges that they didn't know existed. Now ask yourself why that would be....?

Hi all. First post :seeya: Apologies if someone has already brought this up already but I confess I didn't read all 49 pages of this thread :blushing:...

Isn't Burke obviously being defensive about the pineapple subject ("How do you expect me to remember if I ate pineapple 20 years ago?") Why wouldn't he just say "no" or I don't remember? But yet he remembers going downstairs, in general, to look at a toy? Wouldn't going to the kitchen to eat something in particular that night be more likely to establish a specific memory than going downstairs in general?
Hi there and welcome! :seeya::seeya:
I agree about the memory being very weird.
He remembers playing with "a toy" but doesn't really describe it. He never states how long he was down there either. Dr. Phil didn't ask for more details in regards to this either. Which I found suspicious too.
PLUS I'm sure he was asked by his parents and investigators if HE fixed the pineapple that night considering its importance to the case.
No I wouldn't remember if I ate pineapple 20 years ago. BUT My sister wasn't brutally murdered 20 years ago and I wasn't probably asked a zillion times about the pineapple immediately following her death. So, if you keep that thought in mind, that a good investigator would have wanted an exact answer to this question, him saying MAYBE strikes me as very odd.
Not to mention PR fingerprint was on the bowl, Burke's fingerprint was on the glass of tea beside the bowl, and both PR and BR DNA was on the pineapple.
Plus him not remembering if the lights were on or if he used the flashlight to go downstairs also seems like a cover to explain how the flashlight came into play.
Does a kid ramble about a massive dark house late at night to sneak and play with a new toy that needed to be put together IN THE DARK? Obvious answer would be no.

It's easy to imagine that a high level of anxiety, facial tics, social apprehension, etc. might have been CAUSED by the trauma of the murder. Especially if he had committed it, or knew that one or both of his parents had, and then had to live with the cover-up all his life? I'm not sure how anyone in that situation would NOT be psychologically damaged, to the extent that his appearance and demeanor were also affected ?

Imagine if Burke did know of anything he did not know JonBenet was dead when he was first interviewed by police at Fleet WhiteS House. After that he knew how his parents felt about the police so he wouldn't want to talk to them and according to him And his parents nothing about Johnbenets kidnapping/murder was ever discussed between them. It just wasn't mentioned. It would always be the elephant in the room. Unless Burke talked to a friend he probably kept anything he knew to himself.

Wasn't it later confirmed that she did not wet the bed?

It was confirmed the sheets on her bed were dry. However the housekeeper said those weren't the sheets that were usually on JonBenets bed. I don't know if they found the sheets usually on her bed in the house or not. There were pink pajama tops on the bed and the bottom of the pajamas were never found.

I have to share this from another poster... another contradiction...

They cannot keep track of the stories! I have lost track of how many versions they are up to now but I damn sure did not forget this:

http://www.acandyrose.com/04032001enquirer.htm

"
John and Patsy Ramsey have changed the story they told cops about their daughter JonBenet's murder -- they now admit their son Burke was awake during that Christmas 1996 nightmare!

In an exclusive ENQUIRER interview, the nation's most infamous murder suspects say Burke was jolted awake by screams in their Boulder, Colo. home.

"Burke knew something horrible had happened. He heard us screaming. He heard Patsy ...a woman in terror," John confessed. "We thought he was asleep but he wasn't. Burke was awake.

"Burke was frightened. He had tears in his eyes. He knew something very, very wrong was going on."

Until being questioned by The ENQUIRER, the Ramseys had always insisted that Burke was still sleeping when police arrived at their home after Patsy's 911 call.

But now John has admitted to The ENQUIRER that Burke woke up before the 911 call was placed at 5:52 a.m. to summon police.

In the Ramsey's face-to-face, in-depth interview with The ENQUIRER:

* The Ramseys - who still staunchly proclaim their innocence - broke their silence about what Burke knows of the murder and revealed fears their son will explode emotionally from keeping "a lot inside."

Wow, more money rolling in for the Ramseys. I bet they get a pretty price for the iEnquirer interview.

Oh this flashlight? Oh it can't be mine, mine was clean (I wiped it down myself) and this one, well it is so dirty with all that fingerprint dust on it, so I don't know if it is mine. I had one just like it but mine was clean. And that hand writing on the RN, it can't be PR because it is too sloppy. "yeah, the only thing I notice about his RN is that it is sloppy" - BR.
PUHLEASE
:ditto::ditto:
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics