Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if I, as a child, heard screams during the night, I would be huddled in bed terrified. My parents were not the kind and gentle sort; I never would have run to them. I would have pulled the covers over my head and not moved until it was daylight. Given what we know about the family relationships, that's a possibility. I don't see BR running to his parents for comfort.

I also have a son who, at 9, slept through me carrying him down two flights of stairs to the basement during a tornado warning. I'm small, and he was not, so it was more dragging than carrying. And another son slept through sirens, EMTs, and all the chaos that goes along with a situation like that. He had to be physically shaken awake. So the story that he slept through a lot of it may be at least partially true.

CBS does have me considering BDI more, but I have a couple of stumbling blocks.

First, statistically, especially given the long term sexual abuse (which I believe is true), it's most likely to be JR or PR. I think the paintbrush part of the staging was to cover up prior molestation. Of course that could be entirely unrelated... could easily be another family member or friend of the family that molested her. Yes, BR could have molested her and killed her, but, just speaking statistically, it's not likely. So, in my mind, there has to be enough evidence to overcome my statistical bias.

Second, TOD was between 10 and 6, but closer to 10 IIRC. A lot of people interpret that as meaning very close to 10. It could be midnight or 1, or even later... even as late as 6 (although not as likely). It's possible BR and JBR snuck down for a snack and to play with toys, then went back upstairs to bed around 11 or so, and whatever happened, happened a bit later. (Yes, the date on the headstone is the 25th, but that could have been chosen for other reasons.)

Third, if BR is psychopathic enough to abuse and murder his sister at the age of 9, I would expect him to have trouble later in life... maybe kicked out of schools, arrests for assaults (sexual and otherwise), trouble holding a job, etc. Granted, he obviously has issues, but it's hard for me to believe he was psychopathic through the age of 9, then pretty much stable through age 30. He graduated from high school, attended an out of state university (and a good one, but I'm admittedly partial to the Big 10), apparently has a stable job, a stable relationship, hasn't made the news at all other than via this case. So instead of getting worse, his behavior improved dramatically. Not what we usually see.

I definitely think RDI, and CBS has me considering BDI, but they haven't gotten BARD to me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Well I'm sure his behavior did improved because the object of his anger and jealousy is gone. We have no idea what kind of further behavioral issues he had/has. And I understand that he works remotely at home. He has probably been somewhat sheltered/protected by JR. Maybe even did get secret medical help and may be heavily medicated.

WHAT??

this isn't about a murdered child it is about what the system did to THEM?

why didn't you sue the bpd JOHN??I would have if innocent.I would be so so so angry!why didn't you sue the bpd Lin if they are innocent??

This blew my mind. SMH. Unreal.

Well, I guess I'm late in catching up with the DP episode 3 interview. Just finished watching it and wanted to share that BR had very little air time. I didn't do any time study here but JR and LW appeared to share equal air time with a "supposed interview exclusively with BR." Add in media clips and he may have spoken 8 minutes (estimation only- generous estimation at that).
BR has absolutely no depth at all. All of his responses are just so superficial. As he recalls memories teasing in the car on road trips and the elevator button- what? That's all you want to share about your life with JBR???
I just shake my head back and forth and thank God for the brilliant minds of CBS.
In the wake of the 20 year anniversary of her death- am I personally glad he came forward and gave a public interview? Yes, now I don't have to feel as badly for him. I am a very human person and mostly, optimistic about life. But, the bottom line here is that BR lacks any depth in trying to conjure up funny stories between him and his sister. He said he spoke up so she could be remembered yet he shares very few of them. Go back to your private life and job where you have very little public interaction. Sorry to offend anyone reading but this is my candid humble reaction. I need to be debriefed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally agree with you. Honestly, the DP episodes gave me validation from feeling since it happened that he did it. The more I learn about this family the harder it is to even make excuses for their behavior. Poor little JonBenet. She will never find justice. At least though their story got ripped apart by CBS. Now at least people see how terribly the case was handled and how her murder happened. Well as far as the experts can determine at least. The only people who know the real truth is 4 people. 2 are dead and the other 2 refuse to admit it. IMHO I feel that we have more of the truth. Whether we will ever have all the answers is still up in the air. But I know I feel validated at least and I'm sure everyone else who felt this way do too. Maybe that poor baby can now rest in peace some. It just hurts my heart thinking of what she went through that night. She should have been sleeping peacefully and dreaming of wonderful things. Instead, she was bashed on the head, suffered, then strangled to death. She lay on that cold floor all day with her parents knowing she was there. (I wonder if this is the reason she was wrapped in the blanket) I just HATE that justice won't be served. Not in this life at least. Maybe laws need to be changed. No one should be able to hide behind a lawyer when their child is murdered. I feel kids are capable of intentional homicide and although rare, they should be able to be prosecuted. The law is what has and will keep JonBenet from receiving justice so THAT is something that can be changed.
MOO.

WHAT??

this isn't about a murdered child it is about what the system did to THEM?

why didn't you sue the bpd JOHN??I would have if innocent.I would be so so so angry!why didn't you sue the bpd Lin if they are innocent??
Because they know they will have to prove their innocence. Hard to prove something that doesn't exist. They don't want to have to answer questions about that night. Lin disgusts me. He's just slimy. He doesn't know when to shut the hell up. I wish there was a way that Boulder could sue the Ramsey's for all of the man hours wasted due to their guilt. Screw em! I hope they do sue CBS or anyone Lin has named. I can't wait to read THOSE transcripts. Lin reminds me of that little bratty bully in school that would pick on you then run and tell the teacher that YOU did something to them.
RIP sweet JBR.

Clarification please...anyone.
JBR wet the bed, so she got up, but she was still in longjohn's that PR said she put on her. So JBR stayed in wet clothes? And then the too big undies were on under the wet longjons? Or have I missed something? Thanks!
Ok from what I understand, the bed was dry that night and she had not wet the bed. She did have urine in her panties which it is suspected to have happened when her muscles relaxed at the time of death and urine leaked out.
I did read I believe that there was a place on the carpet somewhere that urine was found? Not sure about the validity of that though. Anyone know the answer to the carpet urine stain?

O/T but is anyone else having issues with the site not loading properly?

Ok from what I understand, the bed was dry that night and she had not wet the bed. She did have urine in her panties which it is suspected to have happened when her muscles relaxed at the time of death and urine leaked out.
I did read I believe that there was a place on the carpet somewhere that urine was found? Not sure about the validity of that though. Anyone know the answer to the carpet urine stain?

Here's some info that is as close as we can get to being official concerning JonBenet wetting her bed during the night in question. A search for "creatine" will let you skip the entire depo but I'd recommend reading it in its entirety.

ETA: forgot to add the link to Steve Thomas's deposition transcript at acandyrose.com

http://www.acandyrose.com/09212001thomas-depo.htm

Well I'm sure his behavior did improved because the object of his anger and jealousy is gone. We have no idea what kind of further behavioral issues he had/has. And I understand that he works remotely at home. He has probably been somewhat sheltered/protected by JR. Maybe even did get secret medical help and may be heavily medicated.

that's a very good point!

Well, if I, as a child, heard screams during the night, I would be huddled in bed terrified. My parents were not the kind and gentle sort; I never would have run to them. I would have pulled the covers over my head and not moved until it was daylight. Given what we know about the family relationships, that's a possibility. I don't see BR running to his parents for comfort.

I also have a son who, at 9, slept through me carrying him down two flights of stairs to the basement during a tornado warning. I'm small, and he was not, so it was more dragging than carrying. And another son slept through sirens, EMTs, and all the chaos that goes along with a situation like that. He had to be physically shaken awake. So the story that he slept through a lot of it may be at least partially true.

CBS does have me considering BDI more, but I have a couple of stumbling blocks.

First, statistically, especially given the long term sexual abuse (which I believe is true), it's most likely to be JR or PR. I think the paintbrush part of the staging was to cover up prior molestation. Of course that could be entirely unrelated... could easily be another family member or friend of the family that molested her. Yes, BR could have molested her and killed her, but, just speaking statistically, it's not likely. So, in my mind, there has to be enough evidence to overcome my statistical bias.

Second, TOD was between 10 and 6, but closer to 10 IIRC. A lot of people interpret that as meaning very close to 10. It could be midnight or 1, or even later... even as late as 6 (although not as likely). It's possible BR and JBR snuck down for a snack and to play with toys, then went back upstairs to bed around 11 or so, and whatever happened, happened a bit later. (Yes, the date on the headstone is the 25th, but that could have been chosen for other reasons.)

Third, if BR is psychopathic enough to abuse and murder his sister at the age of 9, I would expect him to have trouble later in life... maybe kicked out of schools, arrests for assaults (sexual and otherwise), trouble holding a job, etc. Granted, he obviously has issues, but it's hard for me to believe he was psychopathic through the age of 9, then pretty much stable through age 30. He graduated from high school, attended an out of state university (and a good one, but I'm admittedly partial to the Big 10), apparently has a stable job, a stable relationship, hasn't made the news at all other than via this case. So instead of getting worse, his behavior improved dramatically. Not what we usually see.

I definitely think RDI, and CBS has me considering BDI, but they haven't gotten BARD to me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The date on the tombstone has me confused too. I would be interested to know what the ME report states as the day of death. If it says the 26th then that means IMHO that JR knew she died on the 25th. He had firsthand knowledge of it. He said on DP interview in regards to the date, that he wanted people to remember she died on Christmas. WTH? What does it matter what day she died? What does one day change? She still died a horrible death that was a homicide.

As for Burke supposedly sleeping through everything, it makes me wonder if he was medicated at bedtime to make him sleep. If he was known to be having psych issues then that would make sense. But imho he didn't sleep through anything. He was right in the middle of it all.

Imho I also think he got great satisfaction in seeing his parents grieving. I do feel that was his voice heard on the 911 tape asking "What DID you find?" I think that's why PR first said What did you do help me Jesus. His response was "What DID you find?" I think he felt a feeling of accomplishment over it. A true Sociopath type of behavior. Just like many perps return to the scene of their crime to watch everyone's emotions. It's like a thrill to them.
As for him holding down a job, I see no reason why he couldn't. He works out of his home supposedly. So he's not having to interact with others. (Thank God).
He's got a girlfriend too. Still not shocking. The reason I say this is because even Ted Bundy had a girlfriend and a job. They have to keep their cover. Things have to appear normal or someone might become suspicious. He could very well have committed more crimes and either hasn't got caught, covered his tracks well, or his daddy bought his way out. Money can be a very powerful motivator for people to keep their mouth shut.
I would not be one bit surprised if one day someone else in Burke's life meets an unfortunate ending.
MOO.

Here's some info that is as close as we can get to being official concerning JonBenet wetting her bed during the night in question. A search for "creatine" will let you skip the entire depo but I'd recommend reading it in its entirety.
ok thank you!

Is there a chat room to discuss the case that is always open anymore? Or not so much?

you do not even have to croak to pee your panties, I did it while having a heart attack.. my hubby said my eyes went dilated and the nurse said " she's urinating"!! I had no idea, all I recall is my hubby yelling in my face to come back and he said later the doctor said " yeah keep doing that !!!!" He was stumped, it was one of those urgent cares, I was at Walamrt and didnt feel good, so I was shocked I peed cause I never knew it happened. After a few minites I told the hubby " You can stop yelling now Tom" and he said everybody in the room let out a huge sigh LOL I must have heard the doc ordering him to continue to scream at me ( it was making me mad but I couldnt do anything about it)

Dr Phil had a trial consulting firm and I think it's about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats right he did in Dallas and Oprah made him rich and famous when she got sued by the beef people for saying she wouldnt eat another burger, from the looks of her I bet she has had a few sides of beef long about now LOL Anyway he lived in a huge house in Irving and btw, old news but still, he got caught cheating on Robin with his patient who he hired while working as a shrink, how's that for professional ethics

Why?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I elaborated but I think my message got cut off. He accepted my request. There's nothing of real interest on there except for one post condemning last night's show and another where he posts a picture of an old school detective and says he imagines that is what all his followers on Insta look like "minus the mustache."

:dunno:

Good catch!

And further, how do they know they will even read the letter by 8am? No one in my house gets up by 8am during holiday vacation.

I still think they should have been thinking the next day 'tomorrow' would be when the call would come.

There should have been a discussion between the two parents on whether or not to call the police. Why not just pay the 118k or even 3x that amount just to try to get her back? Why involve police for such a small amount that you know you can easily just pay??

The date on the tombstone has me confused too. I would be interested to know what the ME report states as the day of death. If it says the 26th then that means IMHO that JR knew she died on the 25th. He had firsthand knowledge of it. He said on DP interview in regards to the date, that he wanted people to remember she died on Christmas. WTH? What does it matter what day she died? What does one day change? She still died a horrible death that was a homicide.

As for Burke supposedly sleeping through everything, it makes me wonder if he was medicated at bedtime to make him sleep. If he was known to be having psych issues then that would make sense. But imho he didn't sleep through anything. He was right in the middle of it all.

Imho I also think he got great satisfaction in seeing his parents grieving. I do feel that was his voice heard on the 911 tape asking "What DID you find?" I think that's why PR first said What did you do help me Jesus. His response was "What DID you find?" I think he felt a feeling of accomplishment over it. A true Sociopath type of behavior. Just like many perps return to the scene of their crime to watch everyone's emotions. It's like a thrill to them.
As for him holding down a job, I see no reason why he couldn't. He works out of his home supposedly. So he's not having to interact with others. (Thank God).
He's got a girlfriend too. Still not shocking. The reason I say this is because even Ted Bundy had a girlfriend and a job. They have to keep their cover. Things have to appear normal or someone might become suspicious. He could very well have committed more crimes and either hasn't got caught, covered his tracks well, or his daddy bought his way out. Money can be a very powerful motivator for people to keep their mouth shut.
I would not be one bit surprised if one day someone else in Burke's life meets an unfortunate ending.
MOO.

Also, did you read what is written on the parent headstone? Something about 'Grace, Love, and Faithfulness through all things.'

Hi all!

Haven't been on here in ages but all this renewed interest in the case has me hooked again, wish I could remember everything I used to know on the case lol. Does anyone have a link to the 3rd Burke interview? Can't find it anywhere :( I saw the snippet though where John said 'This isn't the story of a little girl murdered but of what happened to us' or whatever he said...absolutely gob smacked! What the actual eff...

Last night I was almost speechless about JR's closing remarks on Dr Phil.
Tonight I'm furious how dare he be over it all, and not even pretend to care about his daughter, here we were strangers who spent years on various forums trying to solve what happened to JBR.
Sad that strangers cared more than her family.
I'm sorry that at one stage I thought he was the least involved of the three of them, now I can very easily see him masterminding the entire aftermath, can even see him standing over Patsy offering suggestions of what to put in ransom note.
i can now see him more than Patsy protecting the son and heir. He is so cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay