Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS69.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS70.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Updated Date: 12-jun-2013
Creation Date: 25-apr-2004
Expiration Date: 25-apr-2018

Didn't Mark quit paying taxes in 2013 also? Curious.

Based on the fee schedule and the IRS lien for 2013, I ball parked Dr. Sievers' income at roughly 550,000.00 a year. I'm certainly no accountant, so take that with a giant piece of Himalayan salt. Does anyone remember the cost of the rent for the office space, and does anyone have an idea as to what their mortgage might have been for the house? I'm assuming Mark didn't get an "official" paycheck, but maybe he did? Did she? I don't know how that works when spouses work for their own business.

Based on the fee schedule and the IRS lien for 2013, I ball parked Dr. Sievers' income at roughly 550,000.00 a year. I'm certainly no accountant, so take that with a giant piece of Himalayan salt. Does anyone remember the cost of the rent for the office space, and does anyone have an idea as to what their mortgage might have been for the house? I'm assuming Mark didn't get an "official" paycheck, but maybe he did? Did she? I don't know how that works when spouses work for their own business.

It would have made sense for MS to receive a paycheck for social security reasons. But no one would ever accuse him of being a great businessman.

The equipment does appear outdated especially for a newer practice. Typically when a doc goes out on his/her own like TS did, the doc will purchase the latest and greatest.

I wonder if MS used the business loans for other things and purchased used office equipment?

What year did she have her youngest daughter? Office opened in 2006, so could they have needed to use some $$ for health insurance and/or hospital expenses?

Wow. Is it my eyes or is that countertop in her office all wavy?

Wow. Is it my eyes or is that countertop in her office all wavy?

It appears that there is a mat (for lack of a better word) or something on the countertop. It does not extend the full length of the reception desk.

Wow. Filing under Medicare when you are not a provider is a big No No. You can receive huge fines for doing so. Providers know full well whether they have a contract with Medicare or not. Unbelievable and unethical.

Billing for Medicare and Medicaid is tricky business as not all codes are covered - that and the ICD codes changed drastically to ICD-10, which Mark would have needed a class or updated software with which to comply (even for traditional insurance).

ICD-10 Final Regulation & Training

On January 16, 2009, the Department of Health and Human Services published the final regulation (45 CFR 162.1002) that adopted the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10 PCS code sets as HIPAA standards. This rule required the use of the ICD-10 code sets in all HIPAA transactions. The compliance date published in the final rule is October 1, 2013. Since ICD-10 code sets are medical code sets, the compliance date indicates the date of service for which these codes must be used. So, the ICD-10 code sets must be used in transactions when the service date in the transaction is on or after October 1, 2014.

Because this is a federal mandate, all health plans, clearinghouses, and providers using electronic transactions must transition to the ICD-10 code sets on the compliance date, not before. This transition impacts Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) replacement projects, Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs, and other system conversion projects between now and 2014.

https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid-c...ing/icd-10-final-regulation-and-training.html

If I were in Dr. Sievers' shoes, I would have not wanted to accept insurance at all either. The pluses are longer visits with your patients, lower overhead, less stress in terms of coding and compliance issues. Obviously, Mark couldn't even comply with the IRS, so...

I'm a pattern watcher, so there's another nod to the year 2013 above.

It seems as though a lot of GPs (Internists, Family practioners etc) went to the Boutique medical practice format in 2010. It had a lot to do with insurance reimbursements. In doing so, the size of the practices were cut by ~50-75% and the doctors could spend more one on one time with their patients, instead of 10-15 minutes max.

Normal Practice Billing is based on the ICD codes (diagnosis), not on the amount of time the doctor spends with the patient. The more involved the diagnosis (suturing for example) versus a sore throat, the more the doctor can bill, however contracts for their fees are already established.

Can you imagine going to a 7-11 type mart and your purchase is $10.00 and decide that you are only going to pay $5.00 for it and the deli has to accept that? That is kinda what it is like for practitioners accepting insurance.

Usually, The last thing most doctors are going to update is their office equipment. They depreciate it for taxes and typically will use it until it breaks lol. I know many doctors that bought used exam tables, chairs and equipment as it is so much cheaper than buying them new.

Billing for Medicare and Medicaid is tricky business as not all codes are covered - that and the ICD codes changed drastically to ICD-10, which Mark would have needed a class or updated software with which to comply (even for traditional insurance).

https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid-c...ing/icd-10-final-regulation-and-training.html

If I were in Dr. Sievers' shoes, I would have not wanted to accept insurance at all either. The pluses are longer visits with your patients, lower overhead, less stress in terms of coding and compliance issues. Obviously, Mark couldn't even comply with the IRS, so...

You are so right! My DH's practice has two people that do the billing and A/R. There are 4-5 people up front at the desk. The insurance companies are a big headache and sure do play a lot of games with reimbursement. I always dread 1/1 as deductibles kick back in and patients don't always have the cash or credit to pay them.

There's a huge financial benefit to boutique/concierge/alternative medicine. However, you have to do it right in order to make the big money. These types of offices give the appearance of a spa and provide the money making elements and add ons that TS's practice lacked. The clientele that seek this type of treatment have certain expectations.

Teresa went solo in 2006. If you take into consideration the South FL market, the EMA requirement (all offices upgraded technology), etc... her office is just not what I would expect for any specialty really. The front desk/reception area is typical of a solo doc on the verge of retirement. This is meaningful IMO. MS was careful not to invest cash in the practice because he didn't plan on her being around.

I would like to know if the "employees" we're actually 1099

The equipment does appear outdated especially for a newer practice. Typically when a doc goes out on his/her own like TS did, the doc will purchase the latest and greatest.

I wonder if MS used the business loans for other things and purchased used office equipment?

The death of MS's sister, also a doctor, has been in the back of my mind since the start of this case. I wonder if MS took the equipment from her old office.

Do you by any chance know of the medical office software program they were using in the practice? Most offices have one where you pay a monthly fee to keep it all up to snuff and "usually" it is a known company that specializes in healthcare software. I am asking because to this day we still don't know exactly what CWW did for that office's technology needs. Did he buy the computers? Maintain the computers? Install new software? Negotiate for the software? Keep the software up to date? Did he even know a thing about the computer technology of medical practices. I sometimes wonder if Teresa even knew he was a part of her practice.

It was all a fraud unbeknownst to Teresa and hence the need probably by MS to keep her as far away from insurance companies and hospital affiliations.

This is an issue I've been skeptical of lately. Is there even any confirmation that CWW actually did IT work for RHHC? As well as I can remember, we have only second-hand information that he did. And it likely originates with MS.

I recall Skinner talking about it, and we know his info came from MS.

I also found this news report:

A source close to the Sievers family said Wright worked as a computer technician for Teresa Sievers' practice in Estero.

While he lived in Missouri, he would occasionally fly down to work on the office's computer systems. He was also able to work on them remotely from Missouri.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29893142/second-missouri-man-arrested-in-sievers-murder#.VeHd_0j4myS

Do you by any chance know of the medical office software program they were using in the practice? Most offices have one where you pay a monthly fee to keep it all up to snuff and "usually" it is a known company that specializes in healthcare software. I am asking because to this day we still don't know exactly what CWW did for that office's technology needs. Did he buy the computers? Maintain the computers? Install new software? Negotiate for the software? Keep the software up to date? Did he even know a thing about the computer technology of medical practices. I sometimes wonder if Teresa even knew he was a part of her practice.

It was all a fraud unbeknownst to Teresa and hence the need probably by MS to keep her as far away from insurance companies and hospital affiliations.

I am not certain, but it was definitely an EMR (Electronic medical system) which is now mandatory for any type of medical facility.

This is an issue I've been skeptical of lately. Is there even any confirmation that CWW actually did IT work for RHHC? As well as I can remember, we have only second-hand information that he did. And it likely originates with MS.

A source close to the Sievers family said Wright worked as a computer technician for Teresa Sievers' practice in Estero.

While he lived in Missouri, he would occasionally fly down to work on the office's computer systems. He was also able to work on them remotely from Missouri.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29893142/second-missouri-man-arrested-in-sievers-murder#.VeHd_0j4myS
I agree with you. I don't think he did. I think it was a cover.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

'He [CWW] also said he had not been to Florida since January or February 2015 to do work on Teresa Sievers’ work computer and that, except for after her funeral, it had been a year or year-and-a-half since he had been at their home.'

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...d-hired-killers-investigation-shows/76625982/

-Nin

I've removed posts referencing "insider knowledge" from an unverified source.

If anyone wishes to become verified, please email me at websleuthscomments@gmail.com I can explain the verification process and we can proceed from there. Until then, please refrain from posting any insider knowledge.

Thanks. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back