Dr. Teresa Sievers - Motives and Theories (Including MS speculation)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing i was just thinking about.. IF MS was called from the office saying TS didnt come to work.. he couldn't call 911. If you are in CT and call 911 u are going to get 911 in Connecticut. So what could he do? He could tell the office to call 911 and even then it would have to be Estero and then they would have to call Bonita Springs LE.... he could CALL THE PERSON WHO WAS WALKING THE DOGS to ask him/her to check ..he could call the police in Bonita Springs and ask for a welfare check.. or he could do nothing and wait it out. He called "someone" per skinner.. a doctor friend. Ya know, IMO that doesnt make sense..unless this was meant as a warning to whomever discovered her.. Of all the possible scenarios, calling a Dr. friend seems like there was a message being sent to that person..whether it was really a MD or someone else. JMO
I don't know how that works calling 911 from different regions--whether they have transfer capabilities, etc.
A few theories that have been thrown around as to why he might have called a doc friend:

-someone here said that in FL a doc can pronounce someone dead, which would have eliminated the need for EMS

-MS wanted to punish the person by letting that person make the gruesome discovery

-MS was trying to respond in the most "normal"/least obvious way by not overreacting and calling 911, but asking a friend to go over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That weekend seems to be a very controlled situation, with most things revolving around MS.
• It was him that knew well in advance that TS was coming home early and would be home alone that night.
• It was his friend who was responsible for killing MS.
• It could have been his mother that was responsible for checking on the house, and may have "forgotten" to turn the alarm system back on (or wasn't given instructions).
• He could have moved the surveillance camera in advance, so that the jimmied door was not visible.

It's possible that he asked TS to call him "when she landed" rather than call from home. I don't know for sure, but it would serve several purposes.
• He would know for sure when she would arrive home, based on where she was when she called him.
• It would appear as if she was giving him the "home safe" call (even though she was not home safe) that most spouses would do, therefore raising no alarms, when phone calls were checked.
• If she waited to call him from her home (which IMO she should have done), she may not have got the chance, if the killers were already there, and he would have had to follow up with a phone call to find out why she hadn't called him. He wouldn't want to call her and get no answer.

Just theories and my opinion only!

BBM. Or, "thanks Mom (or whomever) for letting the dogs out after dinner. Teresa will be home later, so you don't need to reset the alarm."

BBM. Or, "thanks Mom (or whomever) for letting the dogs out after dinner. Teresa will be home later, so you don't need to reset the alarm."

Exactly and then " don't say I said not to set the alarm that one time, I'm under enough suspicion as it is"

One thing i was just thinking about.. IF MS was called from the office saying TS didnt come to work.. he couldn't call 911. If you are in CT and call 911 u are going to get 911 in Connecticut. So what could he do? He could tell the office to call 911 and even then it would have to be Estero and then they would have to call Bonita Springs LE.... he could CALL THE PERSON WHO WAS WALKING THE DOGS to ask him/her to check ..he could call the police in Bonita Springs and ask for a welfare check.. or he could do nothing and wait it out. He called "someone" per skinner.. a doctor friend. Ya know, IMO that doesnt make sense..unless this was meant as a warning to whomever discovered her.. Of all the possible scenarios, calling a Dr. friend seems like there was a message being sent to that person..whether it was really a MD or someone else. JMO

I wonder how close the Dr. lived to the Sievers.....did he live the closest of all their friends? Why not call the "best friend" at her practice, or his mother? Could they have not been available? Was the Dr. that found her retired? I would think most docs would be super busy with appts on a Monday morning. Also....does anyone remember a media clip early in the case where an officer and a dog were walking in front of the house? One of the dogs looked like it had a section of its back leg shaved like it had an injury or procedure recently. Not sure if it was the Sievers dog or the officers dog.

Well, it depends on who staged it? Unless it was done before the family went on vacation.. then the dogs would bark regardless, right? i don't understand how they got in there without the dogs going berserk. Let's say they used a gun with a silencer. They shot her then beat her with something..whatever they did.. the dogs were in the house. Were they locked in a different room? i would guess they were in the kitchen becasue that is where the food and water would be for them?. Was TS found in the kitchen? Whether they "broke in" or pried the door on their way out.. i dont know how the dogs didnt go crazy.. JMO

Perhaps Mom had instructions to leave dogs in backyard with alarm off…TS will be home soon after.

I don't know how that works calling 911 from different regions--whether they have transfer capabilities, etc.
A few theories that have been thrown around as to why he might have called a doc friend:

-someone here said that in FL a doc can pronounce someone dead, which would have eliminated the need for EMS

-MS wanted to punish the person by letting that person make the gruesome discovery

-MS was trying to respond in the most "normal"/least obvious way by not overreacting and calling 911, but asking a friend to go over

Pronouncing someone dead is not just saying 'oh they are dead". There is a very formal procedure with papers to be filled out, approximate time of death etc. Even if you die in the hospital or at home without any suspicious circumstances there are protocols. In this case where even if a DOCTOR found TS he could not be the person of record. That would be the medical examiner because it was obviously a murder.. a funeral director needs a death certif to bury someone. it has to be signed. Sometimes it says "pending investigation" under "Cause of death" because all the labs haven't been run.. all the autopsy reports arent done.. but it would say "homicide" under manner of death. No one beats themselves beyond recognition to cause their own death..... I guess my point is, that calling an MD to pronounce her makes no sense to me. One call HAD to lead to another.. MS calls "MD", MD calls cops. For all we know EMS came anyway.. that is a red herring.. whether or not EMS came doesnt matter, imo. I agree with you that the choice of who was going to discover her was part of the case. My GUESS is that a message was being sent to that person..JMO

TS called from the airport, I presume a quick call as she'd be driving soon after.

Why didn't MS call later, just to see she was okay since she had just lost a family member. Just to say goodnight, sleep well, I love you ......?

Pronouncing someone dead is not just saying 'oh they are dead". There is a very formal procedure with papers to be filled out, approximate time of death etc. Even if you die in the hospital or at home without any suspicious circumstances there are protocols. In this case where even if a DOCTOR found TS he could not be the person of record. That would be the medical examiner because it was obviously a murder.. a funeral director needs a death certif to bury someone. it has to be signed. Sometimes it says "pending investigation" under "Cause of death" because all the labs haven't been run.. all the autopsy reports arent done.. but it would say "homicide" under manner of death. No one beats themselves beyond recognition to cause their own death..... I guess my point is, that calling an MD to pronounce her makes no sense to me. One call HAD to lead to another.. MS calls "MD", MD calls cops. For all we know EMS came anyway.. that is a red herring.. whether or not EMS came doesnt matter, imo. I agree with you that the choice of who was going to discover her was part of the case. My GUESS is that a message was being sent to that person..JMO

Maybe that's why the identity of that person has remained a mystery. It has been discussed previously but IIRC, the Avalanche driven by a man with glasses was seen in the driveway around 9 or 9:30 AM (as reported by neighbors who posted here) and later inside crime scene tape. It was reportedly driven away by a crime scene investigator before the media was aware, then subsequently "cleared". This report may have come from the NG show fwiw. I believe we were told not to sleuth this individual.

ETA: That person may very well be one of the unnamed victims mentioned by Sheriff Scott.

Maybe that's why the identity of that person has remained a mystery. It has been discussed previously but IIRC, the Avalanche driven by a man with glasses was seen in the driveway inside the crime scene tape around 9 or 9:30 AM (as reported by neighbors who posted here) and driven away by a crime scene investigator before the media was aware, then subsequently "cleared". This report may have come from the NG show fwiw. I believe we were told not to sleuth this individual.

ETA: That person may very well be one of the unnamed victims mentioned by Sheriff Scott.

IF that person had a close relationship with TS and MS suspected it, or was even aware of it, maybe he deliberately wanted that person to be the one who found her so that LE would discover that relationship (and in MS's mind, peg him as a suspect).

IF that person had a close relationship with TS and MS suspected it, or was even aware of it, maybe he deliberately wanted that person to be the one who found her so that LE would discover that relationship (and in MS's mind, peg him as a suspect).

What if that person's DNA was planted at the scene? Remember Sheriff Scott's comments re: CWW and JR attempting to cover their tracks (paraphrase) and someone suggesting to LE to check victims fingernails?

I think that is very plausible.

Do we know for sure MS called the friend/ Dr.? Could the office have called that person expecting that she may be with them or may have been in other circumstances? Seems odd to me that person has not been revealed.

Do we know for sure MS called the friend/ Dr.? Could the office have called that person expecting that she may be with them or may have been in other circumstances? Seems odd to me that person has not been revealed.

Now that is an interesting thought which makes a lot of sense

What if that person's DNA was planted at the scene? Remember Sheriff Scott's comments re: CWW and JR attempting to cover their tracks (paraphrase) and someone suggesting to LE to check victims fingernails?
IMO, she was dead before she hit the floor. i am going to guess she was shot.. then beaten. No DNA unless from a flight attendant who handed her a bag of chips. Supposedly, MS told the cops to check her fingernails.. IF HE WAS IN ON IT, he knew she didnt scratch anyone.. JMO

IMO, she was dead before she hit the floor. i am going to guess she was shot.. then beaten. No DNA unless from a flight attendant who handed her a bag of chips. Supposedly, MS told the cops to check her fingernails.. IF HE WAS IN ON IT, he knew she didnt scratch anyone.. JMO

IMO, gunshot would've left too many clues and would draw attention to the home with the noise. TS was tiny, she could easily be overpowered and strangled with gloves on, or using a ligature of some sort. Probably from behind. It would be silent and pretty quick, I hope. That comment of MS's is just weird. Of course they were going to be thorough with the victim of a brutal crime.

July, 2 ~ Teresa's sister AL on ABC7 at 11pm
http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wzvn/newsscripts/150702_abc_11p.htm

Annie Lisa: "if I stop and think about it right now, I'll fall apart because I didn't think this was possible."

DOCTOR TERESA SIEVERS' SISTER.ANNIE LISA IS GRIEVING.

Annie Lisa: "My sister had a spirit that I thought would go on forever and ever."

INVESTIGATORS ARE STILL LOOKING FOR EVIDENCE AND ANSWERS.

AFTER SIEVERS WAS FOUND DEAD IN HER HOME.

NEIGHBORS SAY THEY HEARD IT WAS A GRUESOME CRIME.

LISA CAN'T SAY WHO SHE THINKS IS RESPONSIBLE.

BUT SHE SAYS.

9;13;35;20: "WHEN SOME PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO SPEAK THE TRUTH.some ppl may not like the truth."
:thinking:

AND LISA SAYS HER SISTER ALWAYS SEEKED THE TRUTH AND MORE.

Annie Lisa: "She was about honesty, integrity, she was a troubadour for justice."

NOW LISA IS SEEKING JUSTICE.

Lisa: "9;11;50: "I'm angry of course, but I'm trying to think of the big picture, I don't want her death to be in vain."

LISA WANTS TO CONTINUE HER SISTER'S LEGACY OF HOLISTIC HEALING.

Lisa: "Theresa was a spectacular human being, and anyone who ever had the chance to know her, to be her patients was blessed and lucky and let better as a result."

carla bayron abc7 Return to index of stories...

COVERAGE PROMISE-BNC

THIS AFTERNOON INVESTIGATORS TOOK A DOOR FROM THE HOME.AND THEY TOLD NEIGHBORS TO LOCK THEIR DOORS.

BUT THEY STILL WON'T TELL US MUCH ABOUT ANY NEW LEADS.

TONIGHT ABC-7 IS WORKING TO FIND OUT DETAILS ON FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR SIEVERS.

LOOKING AHEAD--

TOMORROW TERESA'S SISTER AND BEST FRIEND WILL OPEN UP TO GOOD MORNING AMERICA RIGHT HERE ON ABC7 Return to index of stories...

July, 3 LS and AL on GMA
Start around 17:11 (or close)

http://abc.go.com/shows/good-mornin...nforcement-on-high-alert-for-july-4th-weekend

IMO, gunshot would've left too many clues and would draw attention to the home with the noise. TS was tiny, she could easily be overpowered and strangled with gloves on, or using a ligature of some sort. Probably from behind. It would be silent and pretty quick, I hope. That comment of MS's is just weird. Of course they were going to be thorough with the victim of a brutal crime.

I have considered that maybe she was accosted while at the back of the van about to get her luggage out, hence the focus on the back of the van and the van itself, along with there seeming like a possible struggle in that area with the motorcycle falling over. If she was accosted and then forced into the house with them, that may also be why the dogs didn't bark.

Well, it depends on who staged it? Unless it was done before the family went on vacation.. then the dogs would bark regardless, right? i don't understand how they got in there without the dogs going berserk. Let's say they used a gun with a silencer. They shot her then beat her with something..whatever they did.. the dogs were in the house. Were they locked in a different room? i would guess they were in the kitchen becasue that is where the food and water would be for them?. Was TS found in the kitchen? Whether they "broke in" or pried the door on their way out.. i dont know how the dogs didnt go crazy.. JMO
I agree to your earlier comment that it doesn't make a difference to who actually did it if it was staged or not. I think there is the possibility that they staged it, meaning make it look like a random burglary or home invasion so LE wouldn't look close to home (meaning people close to the victim). So they may have had easy access to the house or garage, no security cameras. They get in, lay in wait, do what they did, then stage it to look like a random break in.

What do y'all think about TS' sister, AL, statements following the arrests? Specifically, the interview found here:

http://www.news-press.com/story/news/crime/2015/08/28/alleged-sievers-killer-has-day-court/71326698/

"That's Mark's best friend," She declined to speculate about further developments saying she did not want to jeopardize the case."..."I feel like, based on what we are hearing, that a house of cards is about to come down," she said. "I am very curious to see how this plays out." She said she has her own theories and ideas but will not share them for now. "We have a long road. It's going to get ugly."

She also said..."I am in a place where I can go anywhere at a moment's notice. I just want to make sure my nieces are OK."

Hmmm...like just in case something happens with MS, she is willing and able to come to make sure her nieces are ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member