Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaclyn Bevis (@jbevis10) Tweeted:
Judge releasing 25 people home for the weekend. They'll all come back Monday morning to see how quickly things have moved forward. #trialtweets #teresasievers #jimmyrodgersontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

Jake Allen (@Jake_Allen19) Tweeted:
Another potential juror was just released from service because of the hardship she said her service would cause her students. She is an engineering teacher. #RodgersTrial

Jake Allen on Twitter

That means we are left with 59 potential jurors. Five of which were already questioned about their beliefs on capital punishment.

Jake Allen on Twitter

FYI - In addition to the local and Court TV coverage, there is a documentarian that - for the past year - has been filming for an 8 part series about this case. It is my understanding that the film is Executive Produced by Smoke House Pictures - the production company of George Clooney and Grant Heslov.

FYI - In addition to the local and Court TV coverage, there is a documentarian that - for the past year - has been filming for an 8 part series about this case. It is my understanding that the film is Executive Produced by Smoke House Pictures - the production company of George Clooney and Grant Heslov.

Thank you. I knew there was a documentary on the case but I didn’t know who the company was.

Brooke Shafer (@BrookeWINKNews) Tweeted:
@winknews Asked 5 people we've already heard from to come back on Tuesday. Judge: "we may or may not be ready to move forward" by then. #RodgersTrial @winknews

Brooke Shafer on Twitter

Time for lunch. We'll be back at 1:30pm. #RodgersTrial #RodgersJurySelection.

Brooke Shafer on Twitter

I love Grant Heslov! He can take a complicated set of circumstances, draw you into the story, have you sitting on the edge of your seat....phenomenal writer. (Watch ARGO....) His team will do the same for this trial.

Last edited:
Good to see you back Amazon!

A woman became visibly emotional and upset when told to come back another day. She admitted to judge she has anxiety and the nature of this case is "very disturbing to me". Judge sent her home, she left the courtroom in tears. #RodgersTrial @winknews

Brooke Shafer on Twitter
Wait until the jurors hear and see the evidence, ugh. I hope the court provides services to the jurors during and after their service.

It seems like jury selection in the #RodgersTrial is going to last until next Wednesday or Thursday. I'll be checking in periodically to make sure I don't miss anything but will not be covering the trial live again until completion of jury selection.

Jake Allen on Twitter
we all waited this long so we can wait another week!

So good to see you here, Amazon. Finally time for some justice for Teresa! My prayers remain with her family and personal friends like you.

14426001_G.png

14426012_G.png

Sievers suspect Jimmy Rodgers has murder tattoo
The defense can dress him in a suit, hide the handcuffs & chains, Clark Kent glasses, grease down his hair, and add the clueless blank stare.... Voila! "court costuming anyone?" Please don't be distracted by these artifices...look below the superficial.

Attorneys are looking for PJs to get to solid conclusions here. "I think I could do that" or "I most likely would think of that" usually get pushed to go one way or another. Both sides need to understand if PJs understand it'll have to be a decision. #trialtweets #teresasievers

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

Just got caught up - as I just returned from my vacation. Here's what I have so far - posting this so I can shorten the description up a bit.

Thursday, Oct. 3rd:
*Motion Hearing for both (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial was set to begin 10/7/19-severed (8/21/19).
8/22/19 Update: Sievers attorney said they are not ready for an October 1 trial due to severance motion granted to Rodgers which allows him to have a separate trial from Sievers. Sievers lawyer claims that motion granted changes their strategy. Rodgers attorney is hoping to be ready by Oct. 1 but can’t say for sure right now. The motion hearing for both is set for Sept. 9 at 8:30 a.m.
8/26/19 Update: Defense files motion for continuance of trial. Defense files ex-parte motion to incur costs for forensic expert witness.
8/27/19 Update: Defense Motion in Limine to exclude crime scene evidence.

9/3/19 Update: Defense Motion Filed-Opposing the Admissibility of Business Records by Certification & defense Motion Filed to Incur Costs for DNA Analysis Expert.
9/9/19 Update: The judge reserved ruling on the motion from Michael Mummert, questioning why the new expert witnesses were necessary. Both defense teams want to reinterview CWW-Granted. “A handful of business record certifications were questioned by Sievers's and Rodger's respective attorneys. They argued that the documents didn't meet the standards outlined in Florida law to qualify them as confirmed business records.” PARTLY DENIED “the request but did say he would reserve ruling on several arguments that the person authorizing the release of the records was not properly qualified or alerted to their role.” All parties agreed to some ways in finding a jury in LEE County. The Judge did not say which trial would go first MS or JRR on 10/1.
10/1/19 Update: Sievers' defense attorney is objecting to the trial beginning today because he says a witness was reclassified by the state. Motion to continue denied by the judge in Sievers' case. He says the witness who was reclassified can be deposed before trial. The State has raised issues with multiple witnesses in the Sievers case. Hamid is discussing a private investigator, who is a defense witness. Defense says they will not be calling this witness and another the state has issues with. Sievers’ case will be held as backup in case a resolution is agreed to earlier than expected in the Rodgers' case. Sievers’ next court date is October 7 for a trial call. Rodgers trial is starting with jury selection today. It is expected to last five weeks in total. Sievers will be brought to the courthouse every day during those five weeks and his case will be held as backup in case a resolution in the Rodgers case is reached fast.

*Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) arrested & charged (2/23/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder & burglary. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin 10/1/19 with jury selection.
Court hearings from 1/25/19 thru 6/26/19 reference post #201 here:
Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers, 3 June 2019

8/7/19 Update: Rodgers’ defense files motion to sever trials. 8/19/19: State responses to motion to sever trials. Pretrial hearing for both on 8/22. 8/21/19: Motion to sever trials-granted. Motion hearing set for 9/9.
9/9/19 Update: Defense files motion (9/5/19) to continue trial, 9/6/19 motion to compel & 9/9 State's response to motion. Monday the judge denied a motion by Jimmy Rodgers team to continue their trial. Rodgers team cited issues with new evidence coming to light as recently as Friday and more than 4,000-pages of DNA analyses received from the FBI just weeks ago. JRR defense wants DP dropped saying the state did not file it correctly...wrong time frame and wrong information-DENIED. Both defense teams want to reinterview CWW-Granted. “A handful of business record certifications were questioned by Sievers's and Rodger's respective attorneys. They argued that the documents didn't meet the standards outlined in Florida law to qualify them as confirmed business records.” PARTLY DENIED “the request but did say he would reserve ruling on several arguments that the person authorizing the release of the records was not properly qualified or alerted to their role.” All parties agreed to some ways in finding a jury in LEE County. The Judge did not say which trial would go first MS or JRR on 10/1.

10/1/19 Update: The State said they are ready to begin the Rodgers trial. Rodger's attorney Fitzgeorge is raising objections to the trial beginning. An expert witness has not had the opportunity to go through all the evidence because it was not provided in time, Fitzgeorge said. Judge Kyle denies the defense's motion for continuance. They are on recess until Rodgers attorney and the SA come to an agreement. Rodgers denies plea offer. Court moving forward with Rodgers trial. Discussing jury selection now. 98 jurors are available to the court today. Will start with 50 of the juror pool. Rodgers' trial is set to take five weeks, judge said. 20 people already excused for jury duty re hardship. They are down to 14 jurors out of 50. Those 14 were sent home to return tomorrow for more questions to see if they qualify. A second group of 47 is being brought in to ask if they have any financial hardship, or have any knowledge of the case, victim or the defendants. 18 of the 27 jurors left in the 2nd group of 47, said they have prior case knowledge. They will be questioned on their knowledge and whether they can remain fair. 23 jurors total (14 from the first group and 9 from the second) have been sent home to come back tomorrow at 1:30pm. The rest (18 from the second group) are left to answer questions about their case knowledge.
10/2/19 Day 2 Jury Selection (JRR's trial): A new group of 52 potential jurors are being questioned this morning. The judge said the goal is to have 60 left from the groups yesterday and today, after asking about financial hardship and case knowledge. Then I believe the remaining people will move on around 1:30pm today to the hard questions (their opinions on death penalty, law enforcement, etc). 28 of the 52 people in the room raised their hand, saying they would have an issue with the potential 5-week length of the trial. 26 potential jurors were just released because of financial hardships they would face by serving on the jury. Judge just sent about 10 potential jurors home, told to report back tomorrow morning at 8:30. From this morning’s batch of 52, there's 18 coming back. That puts us at about nearly 50 jurors moving forward so far. For the afternoon pool, 45 potential jurors here. Another 20 sent home due to financial hardship and length of trial.
10/3/19 Day 3 Jury Selection JRR's trial): Have 2 jurors back who need to be questioned about their knowledge of the case. (The court didn't have time to get to them last night.) Then we'll have about 60 headed up for standard voir dire.The jury pool is down to about 60 people. We expect attorneys on both sides to start asking the potential jurors some more personal questions. The 2 from yesterday are excused. Here's the plan: get through 15 people today, 20 people tomorrow, 10/4, then the remaining will come back Monday and we'll have a better idea how to move forward. 10 potential jurors just released and asked to return tomorrow morning at 8:30 for questioning on the death penalty in the jury selection process. Judge releasing 25 people home for the weekend. They'll all come back Monday morning to see how quickly things have moved forward. The potential jurors (5) who were already questioned about the death penalty are being sent home. They were asked to return for the final phase of jury selection on Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. More info to come from today's proceedings.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond.
Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

Attorneys are looking for PJs to get to solid conclusions here. "I think I could do that" or "I most likely would think of that" usually get pushed to go one way or another. Both sides need to understand if PJs understand it'll have to be a decision. #trialtweets #teresasievers

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member