Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of people are against the death penalty. Some feel DP is creating a new set of victims, the family of those put to death didn’t commit the crimes but are punished as well. Some feel it’s a greater punishment to have to live a long life in prison thinking about what they have done. Some it’s religious. Then there’s some that are against DP because it actually costs taxpayers much more than a life sentence would. I think it’s common.

I'm one who is against the death penalty. Oh I think some people deserve to die. But I have a problem with the state being able to execute humans. We are the only nation among Western democracies that still has the death penalty. Other such nations find it barbaric.

It is clearly not a deterrent. In many nations where the death penalty exists and is quick, the murder rate remains high.

Minorities are disproportionately sentenced to death for the same acts as the majority. I have a problem with that.

As the innocence project shows, too many people sentenced to death are actually innocent. One is too much for me.

It's super costly and yet has little effect on controlling crime.

I come from a Catholic background. Super against the DP.

That being said I didn't shed a tear when scott Peterson was sentenced to death. Nor many others. And it bothered me that Jodi arias would have such a better life in regular prison compared with death row. I have a feeling she's living it up. Which doesn't seem like justice.

So that's one personal reason.

My feeling has evolved over time BtW. I used to feel I would have no problem voting to sentence someone to death if they deserved it.

MsARK, Now that is the $64,000 question!!! Master Mark (mm?) is in control of everything. Or as OREGONMAMA stated, "the master mind"
who brought death to his front door. And, he was such a creep, he paid for the assassin's travel expenses with the money from his wife's medical practice!!!
It is really, really odd that he gets to don a suit and watch JRR squirm at going to trial first.
Sometimes I think his defense is lost, absolutely lost and going to throw up a thousand little excuses & low hurdles to confuse the true issues. I just got the weirdest thoughts when the subject of "sexual addiction expert" being hired and paid for by the county. Really, really? Sexual addiction.... and this is the dad (lower case on purpose) who wanted to continue raising two preteen daughters with NO MOTHER IN THE HOUSE!!! All of this is really giving me the heebee jeebees. (But I can't turn away from it either....4 1/2 years.... justice is incredibly slow for this case. I am proud of the judge who isn't taking any more delay excuses.)

This guy is a creep but lots of single men raise pre-teen daughters with no mom in the house.

I'm one who is against the death penalty. Oh I think some people deserve to die. But I have a problem with the state being able to execute humans. We are the only nation among Western democracies that still has the death penalty. Other such nations find it barbaric.

It is clearly not a deterrent. In many nations where the death penalty exists and is quick, the murder rate remains high.

Minorities are disproportionately sentenced to death for the same acts as the majority. I have a problem with that.

As the innocence project shows, too many people sentenced to death are actually innocent. One is too much for me.

It's super costly and yet has little effect on controlling crime.

I come from a Catholic background. Super against the DP.

That being said I didn't shed a tear when scott Peterson was sentenced to death. Nor many others. And it bothered me that Jodi arias would have such a better life in regular prison compared with death row. I have a feeling she's living it up. Which doesn't seem like justice.

So that's one personal reason.

My feeling has evolved over time BtW. I used to feel I would have no problem voting to sentence someone to death if they deserved it.

I understand and respect both sides but for me personally, Mark planned this brutal murder and 2 other men carried out his wishes. Now these men are fighting for their lives. They had no issue ending one but they are saving their own. SMH

I understand and respect both sides but for me personally, Mark planned this brutal murder and 2 other men carried out his wishes. Now these men are fighting for their lives. They had no issue ending one but they are saving their own. SMH

True. But if they were men of honor they wouldn't have murdered an innocent, defenseless woman.

However the question was about why a potential juror might not be able to vote for the death penalty. Not why the killers are trying to save themselves.

I fully understand why many believe in the DP. To coldly plan to kill an innocent person is as bad as it gets.

For me, though, all that eye for an eye stuff is too Saudi Arabian. To Iranian. They actually do do that stuff in those places. Cut off hands, gouge out eyes. Etc.

I can't get with all that. But I certainly understand the feeling behind wanting a cold blooded murderer not to have the privilege of walking this earth anymore. They certainly don't deserve to live. Even if it's in prison.

Do we know when MS's trial is scheduled or is it waiting for this one to be done first?

True. But if they were men of honor they wouldn't have murdered an innocent, defenseless woman.

However the question was about why a potential juror might not be able to vote for the death penalty. Not why the killers are trying to save themselves.

I fully understand why many believe in the DP. To coldly plan to kill an innocent person is as bad as it gets.

For me, though, all that eye for an eye stuff is too Saudi Arabian. To Iranian. They actually do do that stuff in those places. Cut off hands, gouge out eyes. Etc.

I can't get with all that. But I certainly understand the feeling behind wanting a cold blooded murderer not to have the privilege of walking this earth anymore. They certainly don't deserve to live. Even if it's in prison.

Do we know when MS's trial is scheduled or is it waiting for this one to be done first?

MS will go to trial after JRR. They are picking the jury now as we speak for JRR. Hoping next week JRR's trial can start

Brooke Shafer Retweeted
Morgan Rynor‏ @Morgan_Rynor 1m1 minute ago

It's official. We have a jury. Jimmy Rodgers says he accepts the panel. @winknews #RodgersTrial #SieversTrial Court just picked two alternates as well.

0 replies 1 retweet 0 likes
Thanks. Twitter will use this to make your timeline better. Undo
Undo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads