Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaclyn Bevis (@jbevis10) Tweeted:
"Could you consider making a recommendation of life? I don't think I could." That's the first potential juror. PJ being candid with attorneys that it's not something often considered. Still in questioning. #trialtweets #teresasievers #jimmyrodgersontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

And a wrap after that. She's dismissed. Defense couldn't argue the fact that she didn't believe she could follow the law as it's written. Strike for cause. #trialtweets #teresasievers #jimmyrodgersontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

Yes. Because it’s JRR’s attorneys doing the questioning of jurors and deciding who is qualified. It needs to be MS’s attorneys for MS. They may feel differently about which jurors are qualified. It will start from scratch.

That is what I thought also but why is MS required to be there for JR’s jury selection?

Its odd to me that PJs have a problem with considering the death penalty. A life was taken so the sp's do not need to be breathing. JMO

I think a lot of people are against the death penalty. Some feel DP is creating a new set of victims, the family of those put to death didn’t commit the crimes but are punished as well. Some feel it’s a greater punishment to have to live a long life in prison thinking about what they have done. Some it’s religious. Then there’s some that are against DP because it actually costs taxpayers much more than a life sentence would. I think it’s common.

I also think they had MS there the first couple days because they thought there was a big chance JR would take the plea before they got to the death qualification phase. I believe if jurors had only gotten through the “be able to be there for trial for 5 weeks and haven’t heard of the case”, then those jurors would have been able to be used for either case. But now that they made it where they are, they won’t be able to be assigned to a different trial.

I think a lot of people are against the death penalty. Some feel DP is creating a new set of victims, the family of those put to death didn’t commit the crimes but are punished as well. Some feel it’s a greater punishment to have to live a long life in prison thinking about what they have done. Some it’s religious. Then there’s some that are against DP because it actually costs taxpayers much more than a life sentence would. I think it’s common.
Personally, I feel the victim and their families should be given priority over the sp. Criminals have way too many legal rights than the victim. JMO

Based on my numbers we've heard from 50 potential jurors. Nine more today on the death penalty, and all PJs still in the pool report back here at 1:30 pm today. #trialtweets #teresasievers #jimmyrodgersontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

Current PJ: "If anyone took someone's life, then their life should be taken. An eye for an eye." I'm not sure but this could rise to level of strike for cause. #trialtweets #teresasievers #jimmyrodgersontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

Personally, I feel the victim and their families should be given priority over the sp. Criminals have way too many legal rights than the victim. JMO

I agree for the most part, but I don’t believe the Sievers children would be served justice by a DP conviction. I know many will disagree with me, but that’s how I feel.

Morgan Rynor (@Morgan_Rynor) Tweeted:
A criminal defense attorney just explained to me what round three of questioning jurors should look like this afternoon. It’s “almost like a game of chess,” he said. Explanation in the thread below @winknews #RodgersTrial #SieversTrial

Morgan Rynor on Twitter

Court will bring in 12 jurors. Both sides have ten strikes each. Let’s say the defense strikes a juror, another juror will fill that spot, but that juror might not be any better for the defense. It will go like that until there is a viable juror pool. @winknews
#RodgersTrial

Morgan Rynor on Twitter

In round three of questioning, the defense and prosecution will try and determine if the jurors will be sympathetic towards what they have to say. They can strike a juror simply for “having a bad feeling about them.” @winknews #RodgersTrial

Morgan Rynor on Twitter

It's nearing the lunch hour. They still have PJs to get through. Judge indicated earlier he has a "plan" in mind for how to proceed this afternoon. All jurors in the remaining pool will come back this afternoon. #trialtweets #teresasievers #jimmyrodgersontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

Judge Kyle asking how much time each side needs for more traditional voir dire questions to come. Judge considering sending additional 7 home. Current panel without them is 43. #trialtweets #teresasievers #jimmyrodgersontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

If he sends the 7 home, he'll have them subject to recall on Thursday morning should they need them. #trialtweets #teresasievers #jimmyrodgersontrial #nbc2courtcoverage

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter
Judge will consider the plan for these seven over lunch. After lunch, he may released them. We expect to hear traditional voir dire questions for the remaining 43. Law enforcement in family, victims of crimes, arrests. #trialtweets #teresasievers #jimmyrodgersontrial

Jaclyn Bevis on Twitter

That is what I thought also but why is MS required to be there for JR’s jury selection?
MsARK, Now that is the $64,000 question!!! Master Mark (mm?) is in control of everything. Or as OREGONMAMA stated, "the master mind"
who brought death to his front door. And, he was such a creep, he paid for the assassin's travel expenses with the money from his wife's medical practice!!!
It is really, really odd that he gets to don a suit and watch JRR squirm at going to trial first.
Sometimes I think his defense is lost, absolutely lost and going to throw up a thousand little excuses & low hurdles to confuse the true issues. I just got the weirdest thoughts when the subject of "sexual addiction expert" being hired and paid for by the county. Really, really? Sexual addiction.... and this is the dad (lower case on purpose) who wanted to continue raising two preteen daughters with NO MOTHER IN THE HOUSE!!! All of this is really giving me the heebee jeebees. (But I can't turn away from it either....4 1/2 years.... justice is incredibly slow for this case. I am proud of the judge who isn't taking any more delay excuses.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member