Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The jumpsuit (JRR's) was not examined for blood or duct tape residue, Otterstatter said when asked by the defense."

Anyone have an idea why they would not examine the jumpsuit for blood??
I believe the jumpsuit was examined for blood but by a tech with blood analysis expertise. The FBI agents that testified this week had their own field of expertise (one was in fiber analysis and the other I forgot :(

I had missed some of Taylor being on the stand today. There may be others who missed it too. You can see it here .
Ex-girlfriend of accused murderer takes the stand
She did good and settled after awhile. Watching a court case and testifying are two different experiences. Notice how Ross is observing Taylor when she is taking the oath. She is accessing how to begin with Taylor on the stand.

I've just been following this case loosely and have a question for all of you experts. What is up with the payments made to Taylor and was was the $55K in payments available for witnesses that the defense talked about today?

Whose ex MIL is in the court? Is she there all day or just the morning?

I would think MS or CW team would have someone else reporting to them rather then a MIL....and it’s on different sites to watch later in the day. Makes no sense.

can she legally audio tape the proceedings? Only asked because of how she is sitting all curled up in a huge shawl. Like hiding or protecting herself. Just an observation

I would think MS or CW team would have someone else reporting to them rather then a MIL....and it’s on different sites to watch later in the day. Makes no sense.

can she legally audio tape the proceedings? Only asked because of how she is sitting all curled up in a huge shawl. Like hiding or protecting herself. Just an observation
She is Mark's step mother

Ok, i've got questions. TS said she has 2 kids... but she has 4, where are others and why would she say 2? They are paying her rent, but she is married now, so situation is different, why continuing to pay? The stuff about the Calif. trip bothers me. She seems to be edging right on the line of the truth.... and i don't know why she would. It seemed to me she wants to hide some things. If i didn't know better i'd think she was a reluctant witness...and i do understand her being scared.

She did good and settled after awhile. Watching a court case and testifying are two different experiences. Notice how Ross is observing Taylor when she is taking the oath. She is accessing how to begin with Taylor on the stand.

I'm not catching the fine details in this trial due to preoccupation in my RL. I appreciate you pointing out things.

My take was that Taylor did fine. It came across how nervous and scared she was in a good way. Any slight glance over towards JRR with her nervousness only adds to the idea it's best to keep JRR in prison for a lifetime.

Ok, i've got questions. TS said she has 2 kids... but she has 4, where are others and why would she say 2? They are paying her rent, but she is married now, so situation is different, why continuing to pay? The stuff about the Calif. trip bothers me. She seems to be edging right on the line of the truth.... and i don't know why she would. It seemed to me she wants to hide some things. If i didn't know better i'd think she was a reluctant witness...and i do understand her being scared.
I wonder if she gave the kid(s) from JR up for adoption? Maybe the agreement with Florida State was that she would receive "witness protection" funds until JRR is safely behind bars.

Last edited:
She had 2 children b4 JRR, one with JRR and the last one with her current husband. I think she was saying she had 2 during the murder investigation. She told JRR she was pregnant with his child the day he came back from FL. Re the whole CA trip/Netflix trip.. the defense is trying to discredit her and make her look like she is profiting from the murder

I'm not catching the fine details in this trial due to preoccupation in my RL. I appreciate you pointing out things.

My take was that Taylor did fine. It came across how nervous and scared she was in a good way. Any slight glance over towards JRR with her nervousness only adds to the idea it's best to keep JRR in prison for a lifetime.
Hopefully the jury will see she is very afraid of JRR and understand why she asked for help to move away (i.e. witness protection).

Last edited:
She was asked if she had children and replied yes. Then she was just asked the ages of the youngest and oldest.

Unless it was in another part of the testimony that I missed.

Approx 28m40s

(So Mark might have known that JRR was going to be involved....)

She was then shown a photo from the Wrights’ wedding. She was in the photo and acknowledged where it was taken, saying Rodgers was beside her at the time.

She also noted that this was the first time she’d met Mark Sievers.

She went on to say that the night before the wedding, she recalled Sievers and Rodgers stepped outside to have a private conversation.

Jimmy Rodgers trial: New video comes to light of defendant's trip to Walmart: Day 5

She's been there all day, every day..at least I have seen her every court session. Most often she is there with Mummert's wife, who also works for her husband's law firm. Idk what FL's laws are as far as a casual observer audio taping. Doesn't matter though as there are media news tapes that are readily available. And, I know that Mummert and Fitzgerald have worked closely together for the past 2+ years.

I've just been following this case loosely and have a question for all of you experts. What is up with the payments made to Taylor and was was the $55K in payments available for witnesses that the defense talked about today?

Jimmy was Taylor's primary source of income before he was arrested. She was young, pregnant & lived in his home. She can't collect child support as long as he is in jail. She qualified for Florida's Witness Assistance program. Not very familiar with it, but I must say, if anyone would qualify it would be a single mother with children who is a critical witness in a capital murder case. My understanding is the contributed first & last month's rent so she could secure an apartment, then she receives a $400 per month stipend.

I have no idea about the $55K amount you mentioned. Missed that completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc