Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
off topic a bit. IS anyone here watching the trial on Law and Crime thru Roku? I cannot find it, i even subscribed today in case it was behind a wall. I can see it on computer but not thru Tv. Any help appreciated!

Jimmy was Taylor's primary source of income before he was arrested. She was young, pregnant & lived in his home. She can't collect child support as long as he is in jail. She qualified for Florida's Witness Assistance program. Not very familiar with it, but I must say, if anyone would qualify it would be a single mother with children who is a critical witness in a capital murder case. My understanding is the contributed first & last month's rent so she could secure an apartment, then she receives a $400 per month stipend.

I have no idea about the $55K amount you mentioned. Missed that completely.

TY for the info. I wish the state would have mentioned that program at the time or maybe they did and I just missed it. I bet the $55K comes from the same program. It was mentioned by the defense below at 1hr 35 minutes. Also, I have to say the female defense attorney is horrible. I hope he doesn't get an appeal due to her.

Found this article but Taylor said something different today.....

In recorded interviews with detectives, Shomaker said Rodgers met Teresa Sievers' husband, Mark, at Wright's wedding, and that Rodgers and Sievers fought that night over a parking spot.

She went on to claim that Wright hired Rodgers to help with the murder, something she said Mark Sievers did not know. The Lee County Sheriff's Office, in documents released weeks ago, suggested that Mark Sievers had planned the murder along with Wright.

Man's odd connection to Sievers investigation

off topic a bit. IS anyone here watching the trial on Law and Crime thru Roku? I cannot find it, i even subscribed today in case it was behind a wall. I can see it on computer but not thru Tv. Any help appreciated!
Yes, I am watching it on my smart tv. I access it a couple of ways: I go through YouTube and search Law and Crime. You can access the Law & Crime site that way. If they have another trial they are covering I search YouTube for Jimmy Rodgers trial livestream. That will bring up local NBC2 and FOX4 coverage usually.

She qualified for Florida's Witness Assistance program. Not very familiar with it, but I must say, if anyone would qualify it would be a single mother with children who is a critical witness in a capital murder case. My understanding is the contributed first & last month's rent so she could secure an apartment, then she receives a $400 per month stipend.

Very well said Beach!! The defense keeps trying to make a big deal out of the fact that the county is paying her monthly. As a resident (and taxpayer) of Lee County, I could care less how much they are paying her monthly for the witness program. Her testimony today was priceless. My heart was breaking for her. I cannot imagine the emotions she was feeling facing JRR, the father of 1 of her children as well as the man that confessed to killing someone while they were laying in bed. (What the what?) I would be very scared.

Side note to you Beach - Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your hard work and knowledge here on this case. You too are priceless!!

Praying for justice for TS and her family!!

Yes, I am watching it on my smart tv. I access it a couple of ways: I go through YouTube and search Law and Crime. You can access the Law & Crime site that way. If they have another trial they are covering I search YouTube for Jimmy Rodgers trial livestream. That will bring up local NBC2 and FOX4 coverage usually.

Thank you. I'm going direct to their channel on Roku and getting the Ezra trial.. even though i'm logged in. Subscription hasn't changed anything. I will try the Youtube tomorrow. Thanks! I ended up just listening to it live today on phone, probably not seeing TS and just hearing gave me a 'different' view.

In recorded interviews with detectives, Shomaker said Rodgers met Teresa Sievers' husband, Mark, at Wright's wedding, and that Rodgers and Sievers fought that night over a parking spot.

She went on to claim that Wright hired Rodgers to help with the murder, something she said Mark Sievers did not know. The Lee County Sheriff's Office, in documents released weeks ago, suggested that Mark Sievers had planned the murder along with Wright.

I think Taylor's testimony was heartfelt and sincere. It was clear she was terrified. I also appreciated that she did not try to recall every exact statement she made. After the trauma that she has been through, it would have been very suspicious if she remembered everything word for word. What she does remember, though, is that (a) his nickname was "the hammer" (b) that he told her he traveled to Florida to kill the Doctor with Wayne (and with a hammer) and (c) that he was to be paid money by Wayne (from Mark, from insurance). And of course she would remember those things as - for the most part - they are so startling, so frightening, it would have imprinted on her brain. Interesting how the public defender attempted to paint Jimmy as the nice boyfriend and the good father - what a boomerang that became. It made Taylor (understandably) cry, and emphasized how she had so much to lose by turning Jimmy in and telling the truth. I think she is one of the heroines in this terrible story.

Wow, OM! Thanks for posting this most concise and complete article by NBC2's Jaclyn Bevis. The girl deserves the most highest reward! She has worked hard on this case from the start. I still remember that she was the only reporter on site at the Sievers' home, when you could hear someone inside using what sounded like a radial saw. Back then I thought it might be someone cutting up the walls, but now I'm thinking more that it was the tiles.

Thanks for refreshing our memories, and for bringing it to others who might not know the fuller story.

Sorry. I guess it's pretty obvious that I still don't know what the hell I'm doing! I'd rather pretend that my Kindle is possessed! I don't know how my post got sandwiched into OM's. Thanks for your patience!

Please click to expand to reveal my post. Somehow, it got stuck in Jaclyn Bevis' WONDERFUL article!

Last edited:
I think Taylor's testimony was heartfelt and sincere. It was clear she was terrified. I also appreciated that she did not try to recall every exact statement she made. After the trauma that she has been through, it would have been very suspicious if she remembered everything word for word. What she does remember, though, is that (a) his nickname was "the hammer" (b) that he told her he traveled to Florida to kill the Doctor with Wayne (and with a hammer) and (c) that he was to be paid money by Wayne (from Mark, from insurance). And of course she would remember those things as - for the most part - they are so startling, so frightening, it would have imprinted on her brain. Interesting how the public defender attempted to paint Jimmy as the nice boyfriend and the good father - what a boomerang that became. It made Taylor (understandably) cry, and emphasized how she had so much to lose by turning Jimmy in and telling the truth. I think she is one of the heroines in this terrible story.
I wasn't implying she was lying. I was just pointing out the media have many articles that have a lot of different info in them. I am Team Taylor. @AmazonRain

I followed this case more in the beginning then lost track of newer developments.

I distinctly remember Rodgers and Sievers fought over a parking spot. As far as I understood it, Sievers planned the murder with Wright. Then, Wright brought Rodgers along without Mark being aware of that fact. Everyone, is that what you believe? Would it change anything?

If CWW makes it to court tomorrow morning, can you imagine how many "huddles" there will be? It'll be: Question, Objection, Huddle. Then another Question, Objection, Huddle.... then hit replay about 5 more times. I don't know for sure, but it seems as if it is done to purposely disrupt the flow when the testimony gets interesting/incriminating. (Not that I am keeping count, but 9 huddles and zero touch downs for the defense.) My other concern (has bothered me from the beginning is JRR being allowed to go up to the judge's stand and so near the witnesses).... Uhm, We're going to need a bigger bailiff.:D:D:D (Or five or six more.) If TaySho was nervous, how nervous is CWW going to be when he walks into the same room with the accomplice he threw under the bus? Will CWW be unchained and dressed in street clothes, too? We will literally have two killers of a tiny woman, fighting for the few years they have left on this earth as free men. Sadly, their only excuse is one thinks he is less guilty than the other. Shaking my head.

I'm impressed with the fashion choices to clean up JRR. He doesn't look like a "Jimmy the Hammer" now. Yes, he's allowed to stand right next to the legal teams with his hands in his pockets. It makes me nervous too. Can't wait to see how CWW will be presented. Is this going to be a finger pointing battle between hammer killers?

I wonder how long that ruling will last....defendant gets to go up to Judge.....until one of the defendants goes bonkers and attacks counsel or Judge...

thanks Beach for explains the $400.00 and where it comes from....I did not know that

have to be gone tomorrow but I am taking iPad, back up battery, and ear plugs....cannot miss CW

and...why is he called Curtis Wright and Curtis Wainwright?

thanks for all the updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member