Drew Peterson to Surrender on Gun Charge

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would think that atleast this one gun in the case from yesterday would not be given back as evidence in the case. I hope that LE is still holding the assualt rifle that was in question.

From the Chicago Tribune article: "Drew Peterson, 54, was arrested and charged with a felony weapons violation Wednesday after one of 11 firearms seized by police during the execution of a search warrant in November was found to be nearly 5 inches shorter than required by law, officials said. That gun will remain in possession of state police."

I would think that the other two guns seized were the ones that belonged to the Bolingbrook Police Department. Those have already been returned to the Police.

Not supporting DP, but who and where are the underage girl(s). One would think they would come forward.

I would think it more likely that they're wary of coming forward before he is placed under arrest ... he's a really scary guy and who knows what (else) he is capable of.

The phrase Drew said when talking about his relations with the 22 year old speaks volumes..something about there were parents or her family here to consider. Meaning he really thinks that no one knows what he is up to with these young women..not even their parents.. Well her Mom sure fooled him , by calling in the ISP to talk to her daughter.

The phrase Drew said when talking about his relations with the 22 year old speaks volumes..something about there were parents or her family here to consider. Meaning he really thinks that no one knows what he is up to with these young women..not even their parents.. Well her Mom sure fooled him , by calling in the ISP to talk to her daughter.
Oh! So it was her mother who called ISP in? I don't blame her one bit!

Yes Curiosity Cat her Momma called the ISP to talk some sense into her daughter.

Oh! So it was her mother who called ISP in? I don't blame her one bit!

Yes...............the 22-year-old's mother called the ISP and expressed her concern that her daughter was dating DP. The ISP sent a couple of officers to the girl's place of work and they talked to her for about 2 hours according to one of the articles. One of the things that was reported was that they told her that they were 100% certain that DP killed two wives. But, the girl was not impressed by what she was told, and continues to believe that DP is a nice man. I can't believe this 22-year-old is so dense.

And now, back to the topic of this thread, Drew and his guns.

Some snips from this new article (no byline) in the Naperville Sun:

Peterson's son to get guns

"Drew Peterson's son Stephen will be coming into a small arsenal in the next couple of weeks courtesy of his father, who can't own the guns anymore.

Peterson on Thursday succeeded in prying loose eight of the 11 firearms seized by the state police and held for the last seven months as evidence in their investigation of his missing wife, Stacy."

"Schoenstedt held back from ordering the return of an allegedly illegal Colt AR-15 semi-automatic assault rifle, a machine pistol and a weapon Brodsky said "belonged to someone else.""

"The machine pistol was the property of the Bolingbrook Police Department, Brodsky said. The semi-automatic assault rifle is being held because Peterson faces a felony weapons charge for owning it."

"Bolingbrook Police Chief Ray McGury said Peterson never requested permission to use the AR-15 while on duty, though department files show Peterson sought approval to carry several other firearms.

"There's nothing to reflect that gun ever came to this department and was approved," McGury said, adding he checked records dating back to 1981.

"This one did not appear in any way, shape or form," McGury said. "He never asked for permission to carry that weapon and permission was never given."

Even as a police officer, Peterson would have to follow state and federal gun laws, including the state law mandating a minimum 16-inch barrel length for the assault-style rifle.

"It's kind of like being pregnant or not pregnant," McGury said. "It's either too short or it's not.""

And now, back to the topic of this thread, Drew and his guns.

Some snips from this new article (no byline) in the Naperville Sun:

Peterson's son to get guns

"Drew Peterson's son Stephen will be coming into a small arsenal in the next couple of weeks courtesy of his father, who can't own the guns anymore.

Peterson on Thursday succeeded in prying loose eight of the 11 firearms seized by the state police and held for the last seven months as evidence in their investigation of his missing wife, Stacy."

"Schoenstedt held back from ordering the return of an allegedly illegal Colt AR-15 semi-automatic assault rifle, a machine pistol and a weapon Brodsky said "belonged to someone else.""

"The machine pistol was the property of the Bolingbrook Police Department, Brodsky said. The semi-automatic assault rifle is being held because Peterson faces a felony weapons charge for owning it."

"Bolingbrook Police Chief Ray McGury said Peterson never requested permission to use the AR-15 while on duty, though department files show Peterson sought approval to carry several other firearms.

"There's nothing to reflect that gun ever came to this department and was approved," McGury said, adding he checked records dating back to 1981.

"This one did not appear in any way, shape or form," McGury said. "He never asked for permission to carry that weapon and permission was never given."

Even as a police officer, Peterson would have to follow state and federal gun laws, including the state law mandating a minimum 16-inch barrel length for the assault-style rifle.

"It's kind of like being pregnant or not pregnant," McGury said. "It's either too short or it's not.""

So JB continues to insist that the AR-15 assault rifle was the property of the Bolingbrook police dept., despite the fact that records have been checked and there's no record of it. It looks like Chief McGury did a thorough check, but JB can't admit that he's wrong.

I wonder who the other person is that owns one of the guns?

This is what I have been thinking with one addition to the list. Christy, the mother of SP! I don't believe that she left of her own will. In my heart of hearts I wonder if this too didn't have something to do with DP. It has been said that he "knew" her. I wonder if he wasn't hitting on SP by the age of 14?? KS's girlfriend said that KS told her that DP was cheating on her with underage girls. Not an underage girl..but girls.

Curiosity, I wish I had time to go back and look, but I think it has been proven that any relationship with her was nearly impossible - I think that it involved her not being in that area when she disappeared ??? can't really remember, but based on what I read, I dismissed any knowledge of that case. Doesn't mean it's impossible though......

Yes...............the 22-year-old's mother called the ISP and expressed her concern that her daughter was dating DP. The ISP sent a couple of officers to the girl's place of work and they talked to her for about 2 hours according to one of the articles. One of the things that was reported was that they told her that they were 100% certain that DP killed two wives. But, the girl was not impressed by what she was told, and continues to believe that DP is a nice man. I can't believe this 22-year-old is so dense.

We have to remember that almost any criminal can get a girl - even Drew. Also, Stacy stayed with him after she learned he killed Kathleen; Kathleen dated him while he was married; Stacy dated him while he was married. Drew seems to have the antennae to choose "young girls" - literally - who can see only a nice guy. Sad but true.

So JB continues to insist that the AR-15 assault rifle was the property of the Bolingbrook police dept., despite the fact that records have been checked and there's no record of it. It looks like Chief McGury did a thorough check, but JB can't admit that he's wrong.

I wonder who the other person is that owns one of the guns?

Ok, one is the illegal weapon that they are holding. One they are holding "belongs to someone else" that would be the weapon that DrewP allegedly sold to someone and it turned up in LE's hands. So why are they holding the third weapon?

Supposedly, according to Brodsky, the third weapon is the 'macine pistol' which he says belongs to the Bolingbrook Police Department.

LOL, I am still confused. Ok, according to JAB he had two duty weapons. One is the machine pistol (per JAB), and JAB alleges the illegal assault rifle is also a duty weapon. I thought all officers had a sidearm? If he had two duty weapons, wouldn't one be the machine pistol and one be a smaller gun that could be carried in a holster? I mean maybe that is just a stereotype from TV, but I thought all officers had a weapon that could be carried in a holster? Wouldn't that be one of the second weapons?

Chief McGury stated in a written statement that Greta read on the air last night, that the two weapons issued to DP had been returned to them. I'm assuming that ISP returned those two weapons that were among the weapons confiscated in November 2007. So, wouldn't the two that have been returned to the Bolingbrook Police Dept. be in addition to those that remained in the custody of the ISP and which were at issue today in the gun hearing?

Since Stacy owned the Glock (because of all the love and all)...can LE keep that one?

Chief McGury stated in a written statement that Greta read on the air last night, that the two weapons issued to DP had been returned to them. I'm assuming that ISP returned those two weapons that were among the weapons confiscated in November 2007. So, wouldn't the two that have been returned to the Bolingbrook Police Dept. be in addition to those that remained in the custody of the ISP and which were at issue today in the gun hearing?

That is what I thought too Leila. That BBPD already had Drew's department weapons given to them by the ISP, and ID them as his department weapons. The other two are not part of what he registered with the department. One is the assault rifle, the other is probably 1 of the 2 guns turned into the ISP by the person Drew sold them to. Ric Mimms could id the folding gun, the other he didn't know about.

The moral of this story is that JAB is lying for Drew. Notice Drew has remained silent on this issue. He is letting Jab do all the talking..because it is a felony to lie to the LE , and Drew doesn't need that charge heaped on these charges about the gun. That he lied about the gun.

My theory is that JAB knows he is lying. He is creating "resonable doubt" everytime he does. Drew's future jury pool listens and reads the news. A potential juror might hear what JAB has to say but never here's the facts. Alot of people don't always believe the media either.

Now see, I thought I heard this but couldn't find it yesterday. Ok, if BB took their two guns back in Nov. (or sometime after the search) then why would they leave the machine pistol with ISP (or the illegal assault rifle since DrewP claims it was his duty weapon?)? If they were going to take their weapons back, why not take all of them at once?

And why did they hold the third weapon? One was the illegal assault rifle, one DrewP said he didn't own anymore, and one was the machine pistol that JAB says belonged to BBPD. BBPD says they had already gotten their weapons.

Again JAB is just trying to confuse the issues.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky
Back