Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session:

The judge calls a brief recess at this time. He leaves the bench.

When someone has a robbery conviction and he is caught robbing again, are they going to sit here and say that it does not matter what happened before and it has nothing to do with the case that the robber is now being tried for?

People are put away all the time due to their past crimes/actions and it's allowed into evidence.

But that would be past convictions. AFAIK, DP does not have any past convictions.

Let's hope the jury gets it!

Makes me wonder if Drew convinced Stacy that she could not testify against him concerning Kathleen's murder because of spousal priviledge. She was so naive and ignorant of the law, imo. She actually thought that she was safe because "she knew too much s... about him"? Totally naive and so wrong to think this.

In Session:

The witness and the jurors are now back in the courtroom. The prosecution has no further questions for this witness.

In Session:

Brodsky begins his redirect. “Isn’t it true that when Stacy Peterson asked you about threatening to tell the police that you told her to be careful because she could be arrested for extortion?” “During that call, I did tell her to be careful. But it wasn’t about extortion.” “What were you telling her to be careful for? She could be arrested for telling a falsehood?” “No, that’s not what I told her.” “She told you her cell phone had GPS?” “Yes.” “Isn’t it true all cell phones have GPS?” Objection/Sustained. There are no more questions for this witness, and he is excused.

BBM: I really, really wish he had let him answer this question. IMO he was warning her that she was in danger of Drew herself.

I wonder why he didn't answer it? He was specifically asked why he told her to be careful.

I wonder why he didn't answer it? He was specifically asked why he told her to be careful.

He probably wasn't allowed to. He probably knew he couldn't say it. I hope the jurors inferred it.

He probably wasn't allowed to. He probably knew he couldn't say it. I hope the jurors inferred it.

Being that he is an attorney himself, he probably knew exactly what he couldn't say.

Interesting.

ets
19m Stacy St. Clair Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
@stacystclair

#drewpeterson atty @josharrk says Smith testimony "was part good, part bad. You take the good with the bad."

THANK YOU! :rocker: I was looking around for this earlier and couldn't find the darn thing! I never heard about this before!!!

Yeah. I forgot the ""We did all these repairs on her...." line when talking about all the things "Stacy wanted" and DP "got for her" - boob job, tummy tuck, braces, lasik surgery, hair removal.....

What a despicable piece of murdering scum. imo.

Please, jurors, have some common sense and use it.

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

Malpractice lawyer Kathleen Zellner, who watched Smith testimony, says "Brodsky just walked over a cliff w/ #drewpeterson in his arms."

Malpractice lawyer Kathleen Zellner, who watched Smith testimony, says "Brodsky just walked over a cliff w/ #drewpeterson in his arms."

Kathleen Zellner said that? :what: I think Drew Peterson is toast.

No doubt. The defense just helped the states case and Judge B knows it as he warned them before they called Smith.

Huge and damning testimony. It is going to take common sense from the jury now.

Maybe they will bring up KS's murder when someday DP is charged with SP's disappearance. He has never been charged so they can't bring it up. After this trial maybe we will see the murder of KS ending up helping to find DP guilty of SP's disappearance. And how ironic that SP's disappearance is what got KS's murder investigation going.

Poetic justice.
abbie :moo:

BBM
ICAM. It's like from the grave they are apologizing to each other for words and actions (imo caused by DP) and saying "let's get this SOB".

But that would be past convictions. AFAIK, DP does not have any past convictions.

That's true. But you can tie either of the past two wives to the other and have a strong case, which is why I thought it was relevant that SP just happens to be missing and the state is not allowed to mention it.

But as someone pointed out earlier, if DP walks in this case, the death of KS will come into play when they decide to prosecute in the SP case.

Yep I certainly hope the jury thinks this.

@Stacystclair

On re-direct, Smith says he warned Stacy to be careful that she didn't get charged with concealing a murder
@stacystclair

Smith is now off the stand in @drewpeterson case

B&UBM
:what::what::what:

Who was doing the re-direct? Brodsky? LMAO!

Here's a link about it, I think. But I am at work and unable to read the whole thing. (Interruptions. Dang it. LOL)

http://www.thefederation.org/documents/schuman.htm

Thank you Kimster. I tried to read it, but I don't comprehend legalese very well. From what I could glean from it, since DP was not technically the beneficiary-the children were- that the children would not have to pay back the money as they were not involved in their Mother's death.... but also, DP should not be spending the money on anything that is not for the children only. IDK.....MOO

In Session:

The jurors are back in the courtroom, and the defense calls its next witness: Thomas Peterson (questioned by attorney Brodsky). “My name is Thomas Drew Peterson.” “Who’s your mom?” “Kathleen Savio.” “Who’s your dad?’ “Drew Peterson.” He identifies the defendant in the courtroom. The witness is 19, and attends the University of Pennsylvania. He was the valedictorian of high school class at Bolingbrook H.S. He hopes to go to medical school and become a doctor. “Do you live in a dorm?” “Yes.” “At home, where do you live?’ “In the basement of my house.” “The house you lived with your father?” “For about eight years.” “Before your mom passed away, who lived at your dad’s house?” “My father, Drew Peterson, and Stacy Cales. And I believe Anthony Peterson, and Laci, too. And my brother Kristopher; he’s 18.” His older brother, Stephen, “also lived at the house for a brief time.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore