Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pachter is on the stand

Pachter is a warehouse worker who got to know Drew Peterson in the mid-90s when they both worked for a cable wiring company.

State calls Jeffrey A. Pachter. He's a former technician for Americable.

Pachter says cable employees met each morning between 7, 7:30 a.m. at a warehouse in Downers Grove. He IDs Drew Peterson in courtroom.

Pachter says he had a gambling problem in 2003. Says he was in debt to a bookie for $1000. He asked DP for $$. DP said no.

I don't see any INSESSION updates anywhere. Anyone else see them?

Pachter: soon after, #DrewPeterson asked Pachter to go on a ride-along with him.

Pachter says DP once asked him to go for a ride-along with him. He went along. They met at Bolingbrook PD between 10:30, 11p.m.

Pachter asked for help from #DrewPeterson regarding his background check.

After signing some sort of form, the pair went to DP's squad car. Initially, there was small talk, says Pachter.

Pachter: during the ride-along, #DrewPeterson asked Pachter to find someone to "take care of his third wife."

jury leaving courtroom after Pachter says that Peterson asked him to "take care of" Savio in 2003. Defense objection.

On InSession: Jean Casarez will be up next to talk about the witness in the courtroom that says DP asked him to find someone to 'take care' of Kathleen.

Commercial break right now.

Jurors coming back into courtroom.:rollercoaster:

In Session The jurors are now in the courtroom. The State calls its first witness of the day: Jeffrey Pachter (questioned by prosecutor Connor). In 2003, he was working as a technician for a cable company. “Were you issued a badge at that time that had your picture on it?” “Yes.” He identifies his I.D. badge from that time period. “Was there a place you met in the morning for your job?” “Yes, we had a central location in Downer’s Grove.” “Did you have occasion to meet Drew Peterson?” “Yes, I did.” He identifies the defendant in the courtroom. The witness admits that when he was 18 he had a sexual relationship with a 15 year girl; he pled to a misdemeanor, and was ordered to stay away from the girl. He did not stay away, however, and was then forced to register as a sex offender for 10 years. “I was working in 2003, and it was late summer. I asked him if he could run my background and check it for me; I was having some problems getting a job, and I didn’t know why, because I was never convicted of a felony.” “After he did that, did he explain anything?” Objection/Overruled. “Yes, he told me that he looked into what I asked him to, and he told me I had an FBI number. He said I could not have an FBI number unless I was a convicted felon.” “Because of that, were steps taken?” “Yes.” “So you were grateful the defendant had helped you?” “Yes.”

The jurors are now in the courtroom. The State calls its first witness of the day: Jeffrey Pachter (questioned by prosecutor Connor). In 2003, he was working as a technician for a cable company. “Were you issued a badge at that time that had your picture on it?” “Yes.” He identifies his I.D. badge from that time period. “Was there a place you met in the morning for your job?” “Yes, we had a central location in Downer’s Grove.” “Did you have occasion to meet Drew Peterson?” “Yes, I did.” He identifies the defendant in the courtroom. The witness admits that when he was 18 he had a sexual relationship with a 15 year girl; he pled to a misdemeanor, and was ordered to stay away from the girl. He did not stay away, however, and was then forced to register as a sex offender for 10 years. “I was working in 2003, and it was late summer. I asked him if he could run my background and check it for me; I was having some problems getting a job, and I didn’t know why, because I was never convicted of a felony.” “After he did that, did he explain anything?” Objection/Overruled. “Yes, he told me that he looked into what I asked him to, and he told me I had an FBI number. He said I could not have an FBI number unless I was a convicted felon.” “Because of that, were steps taken?” “Yes.” “So you were grateful the defendant had helped you?” “Yes.”

Pachter says DP mentioned $25,000.. If Pachter could find someone to "do it for less," he could keep the remainder.

Pachter: DP told me Savio used to have a drug problem.

Judge Burmila tells #DrewPeterson jurors to consider Pachter's testimony only for purposes of determining Drew's intent

Pachter: "He told me, at the end of the ride along, 'This is something you will take to your grave.'"

Pachter said the codeword, when discussing it on the phone, was "cookies."

[ seriously? lol Oh Lord.]

Pachter: DP wanted an alibi... either out of the country or at a theme park where he would cause a fight so there was record of his presence...

Pachter: if he found someone, he should let #DrewPeterson know. A secret phrase was established, something to do with cookies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay