Drew Peterson's Trial *THIRD WEEK*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session The witness and jurors have returned to the courtroom, and attorney Meczyk announces that “at this time, I have no further examination of Dr. Blum.” So that concludes the cross-examination.

2 minutes ago

judge tells attys to "stop editorializing" after Glasgow mocks "dramatic slide show" during Meczyk's cross

attys get into it again & Burmilla once again yells at them "AND YOU TWO STOP IT."

In Session
“With regard to the dramatic slide demonstration that you participated in . . .” Objection/Sustained. “With regards to the slide you were testifying to, was there a second sample made by Dr. Michael Baden, from that same area?” “Yes . .
. it showed hemorrhage, showed a bruise.” ‘Did that also corroborate the observations you made of the photograph of the bruise taken at the autopsy?” “Yes . . . it was fresh.” “Could you explain why Prussian blue stain couldn’t work in this case?” “It’s a stain for iron; the iron stains blue . . . it would be futile in this case, because we’re taking it from an area where we know there’s a bruise, the hip. And after three and a half years, since iron is in blood cells, they deteriorate over the years. The results would be positive, because we know there’s iron there . . . you can see it on a regular stain; you don’t need a special stain to see it . . . they were fresh; there were no other cells in there . . . these were very, very fresh bruises.”

about a minute ago

Let's hope the redirect ties up a few loose ends because so far I'm very confused with COD. If it was homicide by drowning, it needs to be explained how it happened. Is the Judge not allowing that in or what?

Thanks for the updates !!

In Session “Did you have a chance to review the autopsy protocol of Dr. Michael Baden, for peer review?” Objection/Sustained. Glasgow then asks for a sidebar.

about a minute ago

Hey guys! Thanks for the updates. Had to be away today for a while. I meant to ask this earlier:

Yesterday I half listening to the news and I swear I heard them say that the female pros. that messed up was crying.

Tell me that's not true. Tell me she wasn't crying in court. And, at least tell me it wasn't in front of the jury.

Will County State’s attorney James Glasgow has begun redirect examination on Dr. Blum

pathologist Blum says Will Co. deputy coroner was wrong to say Savio's buttocks bruise wasn't fresh...

In Session “With regard to the dramatic slide demonstration that you participated in . . .” Objection/Sustained. “With regards to the slide you were testifying to, was there a second sample made by Dr. Michael Baden, from that same area?” “Yes . . . it showed hemorrhage, showed a bruise.” ‘Did that also corroborate the observations you made of the photograph of the bruise taken at the autopsy?” “Yes . . . it was fresh.” “Could you explain why Prussian blue stain couldn’t work in this case?” “It’s a stain for iron; the iron stains blue . . . it would be futile in this case, because we’re taking it from an area where we know there’s a bruise, the hip. And after three and a half years, since iron is in blood cells, they deteriorate over the years. The results would be positive, because we know there’s iron there . . . you can see it on a regular stain; you don’t need a special stain to see it . . . they were fresh; there were no other cells in there . . . these were very, very fresh bruises.”

9 minutes ago

In Session The sidebar ends. “Getting back to the article you referred to . . . you indicated it’s not the key factor, but the evidence?” “That’s correct.” “And in this case, you’ve been able to determine that the wound to the head of Kathleen Savio was not caused by a fall in that bathroom?” Objection. The attorneys approach for another sidebar.

8 minutes ago

In Session The sidebar ends. “My opinion is that it was not caused by a fall to that bathtub. Or in that bathtub.”

7 minutes ago

In Session The witness repeats that one of the abrasions on Savio’s body were fresh. “Dr. Mitchell did not say it was healing in any way, shape, or form . . . it appeared to be a fresh abrasion to me, without signs of healing.” “Dr. Mitchell mentions an injury to the buttock?” “Yes.” “How do you reconcile that?” Objection/Overruled. “I don’t know if it was a mistake . . .” Objection/Sustained. “Do you see a conflict between those two statements?” “Oh, they are contradictory.” “And you’d consider this abrasion a serious injury?” “Oh, yes . . . the surface of the tub was smooth and not rough. And if she was taking a bath at the time, it was wet.” Objection/Overruled. “And it’s your opinion that that abrasion was not caused by a fall in that tub?” “Yes.” Objection/Sustained. “At the second autopsy, that you performed, you made a significant effort to determine if there were any significant bruising to the back and arms?” “Yes . . . I found no bruises in those locations. All the bruises were to the front of her body.”

4 minutes ago

Thank you Katy and Patty for bringing that info over here to WS. I know it's time consuming to sit and do it, and I really appreciate your efforts. (And everyone else too, nt you ROCK!)

abbie

I don't have a psycho ex husband, thank goodness. And I live on a very 'safe' suburban cul-de-sac. But even so, when I am all alone for the night, and am undressing for a bath, I lock my front door and use the dead bolt.

I cannot imagine that she would not have done so that night herself. Especially with an ex who was abusive and threatening.

Ya know, I've tried to imagine the fear that would lead me to put a deadbolt on my bedroom door. I just can't imagine it.

"Did you see a single area (in bathtub) that would cause those bruises" -prosecution "no I did not"-Blum

Glasgow "it's your opinion that, that abraision did not come from a fall in that tub." Blum "that is correct."

Glasgow"did you see any area, any contact point in that bathtub that would cause those 3 bruises?" Blum "no I did not."

Blum "The time that injury was bleeding onto her face, there was no water in that bathtub." #DrewPeterson

Blum "The time that injury was bleeding onto her face, there was no water in that bathtub."

In Session The witness repeats that one of the abrasions on Savio’s body were fresh. “Dr. Mitchell did not say it was healing in any way, shape, or form . . . it appeared to be a fresh abrasion to me, without signs of healing.” “Dr. Mitchell mentions an injury to the buttock?” “Yes.” “How do you reconcile that?” Objection/Overruled. “I don’t know if it was a mistake . . .” Objection/Sustained. “Do you see a conflict between those two statements?” “Oh, they are contradictory.” “And you’d consider this abrasion a serious injury?” “Oh, yes . . . the surface of the tub was smooth and not rough. And if she was taking a bath at the time, it was wet.” Objection/Overruled. “And it’s your opinion that that abrasion was not caused by a fall in that tub?” “Yes.” Objection/Sustained. “At the second autopsy, that you performed, you made a significant effort to determine if there were any significant bruising to the back and arms?” “Yes . . . I found no bruises in those locations. All the bruises were to the front of her body.”

4 minutes ago

I wish they would ask if the 'abrasions' were consistent with a rug burn, or if they could have occured by the victim being dragged across a rug or surface of a floor.

In Session Dr. Blum notes that in the initial autopsy, three separate bruises were noted. “Three years, these areas were no longer distinctly three different areas, but were one big mass. That’s the effect of post-mortem effects, making the three into one.” “But those are three separate contact areas?” “Yes.” “Did you see any area, any contact point, that would line up with those three bruises?” “No, I did not.” “So would that be another injury that would tell you that that injury did not occur in that bathtub?” “Yes.” The judge then calls the parties to a sidebar.

3 minutes ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member