Drew Peterson's Trial *THIRD WEEK*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session The jurors are now back in the courtroom, and the trial resumes. Attorney Meczyk: “Mr. Glasgow asked you about the Baden slides . . . you looked at Slide C before your testimony?” “Correct.” The witness steps down from the stand and is directed to the well of the courtroom. “Please look at the [projection] microscope, and see if you can find any red blood cells, and point them out to the jury?” “Some of them are perfectly preserved concave disks.” “There also appears in Slide C, prepared by Dr. Baden, the lumps we discussed as to whether hemosiderin or not?” “Yes.” “So we have clumps of what I would call hemosiderin . . .” Objection/Sustained. “Putting the degenerative material away, assuming that this was hemosiderin, the red blood cells could be a remnant?”: Objection/Sustained. “The tissues, before they are cut . . .” The judge asks the witness to return to the stand. “The tissues, before it’s cut with the microtone, which is a vey sharp knife, is embedded in paraffin. The sections are micron-thin . . . this cuts it microns-thin, and there’s no dragging or anything.”

57 seconds ago

In Session “Last week, you were scheduled to testify?” “Correct.” “You were here last Wednesday?” Objection. The attorneys go to a sidebar.

about a minute ago

BBM

In Session The sidebar ends. The witness is excused from the stand (his testimony is now apparently over). Judge to the jury: “The presentation of evidence for today is at an end. I’ll see you tomorrow.” The jurors then leave the courtroom.

about a minute ago

BBM

BBM
Oh yeah. Because DP would have no knowledge whatsoever of how to incapacitate a person. Especially a female. Yep. Sure.

Yeah, IMO, I think KS was knocked out from behind and never had a chance to defend herself. In all probability, DP was already in the house and delivered a knockout blow to her head from behind.

Early on in the trial, the prosecution talked about a hole that was discovered in the garage area (I think) that would allow entry to the garage/home. This testimony was not allowed in by judge B IIRC.

Stacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair

#DrewPeterson trial done for day. We have gone thru exactly 3 witnesses in three days. There were four slated for today.

Stacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair

#DrewPeterson atty Brodsky trying to stop prosecution from repeatedly bringing up the blue towel, which they suggest Drew planted

In Session “Last week, you were scheduled to testify?” “Correct.” “You were here last Wednesday?” Objection. The attorneys go to a sidebar.

about a minute ago

BBM

Now I have to go back to last Wednesday to figure out why the defense asked this stupid question. :rolleyes:

Yeah, IMO, I think KS was knocked out from behind and never had a chance to defend herself. In all probability, DP was already in the house and delivered a knockout blow to her head from behind.

Early on in the trial, the prosecution talked about a hole that was discovered in the garage area (I think) that would allow entry to the garage/home. This testimony was not allowed in by judge B IIRC.

But how did the water get in her lungs? Didn't this doctor say she drowned? If she drowned, how did she drown with no water in the tub and had blood on her head? Was the blunt force trauma to the head before or after he drowned her?

Toutges will be allowed to take the stand, but cannot bring up "let them prove it" comment. Attys now arguing over blue towel

atty Brodsky trying to stop prosecution from repeatedly bringing up the blue towel, which they suggest Drew planted

Then what is the point of Kyle Toutges testimony at all?

I am so pessimistic.

Sorry to hear the jury was laughing at anyones jokes. But in the whole bunch of pros and defense, I would bet that Greenberg is the most charming.

Jury has been sent home but attorneys continue to argue about witnesses and testimony #drewpeterson

But how did the water get in her lungs? Didn't this doctor say she drowned? If she drowned, how did she drown with no water in the tub and had blood on her head? Was the blunt force trauma to the head before or after he drowned her?

IMO, DP hit her from behind on the head and immediately forced her into water (toilet?). If this is how it went down, she had zero chance to defend herself as she was probably unconsious from the blow to the head.

judge will not allow state to ask witnesses if they put towel at death scene, which allows jurors to infer that Drew did it.

Kyle Toutges is Stacy Peterson's uncle #DrewPeterson said "let then prove it." on Savio death - state thinks this is admission of guilt---but he will not be allowed to discuss that statement.

nauseating feeling when Drew turned around and looked at the gallery. He looked at me too....he definitely sets off my psycho detector:yuck:

Welcome to WS! I am pretty new here too. :welcome:

Hello, all, this is my first post at WS.

As someone who has attended the trial a few times and also being a local resident, I must say I do not like how it's going for the prosecution.

For one, they have a judge with a pretty obvious dislike for them. I can't help but think that the jury is going to feed off that.

Secondly, they have made some pretty big mistakes that will hurt what is already an uphill battle.

I must say I got chills when DP turned to the gallery during a recess and looked at me for a second. I looked the other way as it was very un-nerving to think that a possible murderer is looking at you.

IMO, DP hit her from behind on the head and immediately forced her into water (toilet?). If this is how it went down, she had zero chance to defend herself as she was probably unconsious from the blow to the head.

He could have been laying in wait, just outside her deadbolted bedroom door. When she woke up that morning and stepped into the hall, he bashed her over the head from behind and stunned her. Then dragged her into her bathroom to stage the scene.

#DrewPeterson judge will not allow prosecutors to suggest to jury that Drew planted towel at death scene to make it look like accident...=======================

WHY can't the state suggest that? I don't get it. Can't the jury make up their own mind if the evidence points to that or not? There is an obvious 'glitch' there since it was not in some pictures and is in others. So why shouldn't it be addressed?

If the defense can show through witness testimony that DP never went back in the bathroom and never had an opportunity, so be it. But WHY should the state be prevented from exploring it?

"prosecution now arguing to include alleged hitman testimony..."

Yeah, right. What are the chances that this judge is going to go along with the state on anything?

If he won't allow them to discuss the blue towel, or the statement to the uncle, or the placement of the body in the tub, why would he consider the 'hitman' testimony?

This is going to be one of those cases where the jury does it's best and listens carefully, but acquits. And then later they find out what was kept hidden from them, and they freak out. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV