Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Pay me for my time but my opinion is free"-Blum #

In Session The sidebar is now over. “Going to that article, you were asked about key factors?” “Yes.” “And you said it’s not the key factor that’s important, it’s the evidence?” “Yes.” “And the evidence you look at is what tells you this wasn’t an accident?” “That’s what I relied on . . . the position of the body in the tub was key. The laceration on the back of the head, her face down in the tub, that’s peculiar. And the position of the toes would negate the floating down of the feet into a position like that.”

5 minutes ago

Defense recross exam Blum #DrewPeterson

Blum says his clients -- including the #DrewPeterson prosecution -- pay for his time, but his opinion is free.

"I am called by the prosecution most of the time because I am the one who does the autopsies most of the time" -Blum

Ya know, I've tried to imagine the fear that would lead me to put a deadbolt on my bedroom door. I just can't imagine it.

Neither can I, nor can I imagine her sleeping in the house alone without it being engaged. Which leads to curiosity as to just where in the house he encountered her? It may depend what time of day/night also.

:waitasec:

In Session Dr. Blum repeats that if a wound is in the up position, after the heart stops beating “some blood will leak out. But not very much, and not very long . . . that blood tells me that right under her face, there was no water in that bathtub.”

5 minutes ago ·

BBM

In Session “You were asked about some testimony you gave in 2010 . . . you said that . . .” Objection. The parties approach the bench for a sidebar.

6 minutes ago

I wish they would ask if the 'abrasions' were consistent with a rug burn, or if they could have occured by the victim being dragged across a rug or surface of a floor.

I agree but I get the feeling that the question would be objected to and the Judge would sustain. It appears the doctor can't speculate on MOD. That is the impression I'm getting by the questions and answers and the sustained objections. In a "normal" trial, re enactment of the crime scene would be allowable. I'm not sure why it's not being done here. Very frustrating.

If I'm wrong with my opinion, please correct me.

Let's hope the redirect ties up a few loose ends because so far I'm very confused with COD. If it was homicide by drowning, it needs to be explained how it happened. Is the Judge not allowing that in or what?

Thanks for the updates !!

Have they mentioned the possibility of her being drowned in the toilet in court yet?

In Session The sidebar ends, and Glasgow continues to read from the witness’ 2010 testimony. “Well, he didn’t read the rest of your answer, did he?” Objection/Sustained. “It says that no matter what you come up with, you were asked for your honest opinion?” “”Yes.” “It had nothing to do with whether you were biased or not?” “Never.” “In your career, how many times have you worked with the defense?” “43 times.” “As a scientist, you’re available to assess the evidence and take it wherever it goes?” “Yes, I will look at the case and the evidence. They pay me for my time, but my opinion is free.” That ends the redirect examination of Dr. Blum.
3 minutes ago

BBM

In Session Attorney Meczyk begins his recross. “The majority of times you testified is for the prosecutors, correct?’ “I am called by the prosecutors most of the time, because I do the autopsies most of the time.” “Right now, you are consulting on another matter that will be prosecuted in this courthouse?” Objection/Sustained. The witness is then asked about the slides that were made during Dr. Michael Baden’s autopsy. Dr. Blum is handed a document. “Yes, there were white blood cells among the red blood cells.” The judge then asks that the jurors be excused from the courtroom.

about a minute ago

BBM

Stacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair

#drewpeterson jury out of courtroom while both sides argue over the admission of a slide during defense re-cross

Have they mentioned the possibility of her being drowned in the toilet in court yet?

Not that I read anywhere. How she was murdered is still a big ?

That may be a problem. Jurors don't normally like having to fill in the blanks and they shouldn't be. All the answers should be answered for them but I don't know why there is that missing piece. Is it because the Judge won't allow it? IDK

Maybe the prosecution will put all the pieces together in closing but in the meantime, I think this jury is left scratching their heads as I am.

Laughing at or with? I'm not sure laughter is a good sign. I find nothing about the DT antics amusing.

Me either. Sometimes. Wait. No many times when we later hear from Jurors it's nothing close to what we thought. We saw the Pinellas 12. I wont allow my brain to go there again.

In Session The sidebar ends, and Glasgow continues to read from the witness’ 2010 testimony. “Well, he didn’t read the rest of your answer, did he?” Objection/Sustained. “It says that no matter what you come up with, you were asked for your honest opinion?” “”Yes.” “It had nothing to do with whether you were biased or not?” “Never.” “In your career, how many times have you worked with the defense?” “43 times.” “As a scientist, you’re available to assess the evidence and take it wherever it goes?” “Yes, I will look at the case and the evidence. They pay me for my time, but my opinion is free.” That ends the redirect examination of Dr. Blum.
3 minutes ago

BBM

I like his answer!! :)

I don't have a psycho ex husband, thank goodness. And I live on a very 'safe' suburban cul-de-sac. But even so, when I am all alone for the night, and am undressing for a bath, I lock my front door and use the dead bolt.

I cannot imagine that she would not have done so that night herself. Especially with an ex who was abusive and threatening.

I wound how many times DP watched this particular locksmith pick a lock?????

(I don't see this one)

In Session The witness and attorneys are now back in the courtroom. Ralph Meczyk continues his cross-examination. “There’s something the prosecutor brought up . . . he didn’t ask you, but I will. You’ve heard the term DNA today, that there were DNA samples taken?” “With the sexual assault kit, in that context . . . I get the samples, and then submit them to the lab.” “And you know what the result was, don’t you?” “I don’t believe there were any positive results.” “Zero? Negative?” Objection/Overruled. “Yes.” “You saw the Illinois State Police report?” “A two page report, yes.” The witness is then given a copy of the ISP report. “Did you see that report before your testimony of the last two days?” “Let me please look at it . . . I believe this is a duplicate; I only saw a two page report, and there’s four pages here. I did see it, and it is negative.” “One would expect that during a struggle there would be DNA or tissue underneath the fingernails?” “If the victim scratched the assailant, there may be, yes . . . in a defensive posture, there may be some of that person’s DNA under the fingernails. Not necessarily, but maybe.” “No male DNA was identified?” “That’s correct.”

19 minutes ago

BBM
Oh yeah. Because DP would have no knowledge whatsoever of how to incapacitate a person. Especially a female. Yep. Sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abs2021