Drew Peterson's Trial *THIRD WEEK*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the judge refuses to let the testimony continue, he needs to be investigated.

:seeya: I totally agree ! It has gone beyond ridiculous !

Question: Are there any locals who are familiar with this "judge" -- OR -- if you know someone who may have been in this judge's courtroom before ?

TIA !

Jon Seidel‏@SeidelContent

Burmila: "Within a one-hour period today, the date changed twice." #DrewPeterson

Stacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair

#DrewPeterson judge bans Rossetto's testimony because it's unreliable, partly because of state's mistakes. Significant loss for prosecution.

#DrewPeterson judge said common sense might suggest pros put Rossetto on the stand and let defense impeach but "it does not work that way."

#DrewPeterson judge bans Rossetto's testimony because it's unreliable, partly because of state's mistakes. Significant loss for prosecution.

:maddening::maddening: WTH are they doing ?

:maddening::maddening: The prosecutors KNOW they get only ONE SHOT at DP -- ONLY ONE !

This is just un-freakin-believable !

:moo:

In Session‏@InSession

The judge has barred Scot Rosetto as a witness. #DrewPeterson

Me: Well that ends that and the jurors won't know that Drew asked Stacy to lie about being with him that nite.

And are any of the boys on the prosecution team going to put their hands up and take responsibility for this like that female attorney did when she mentioned the protection order?

This is a catch up from the earlier tweets.

In Session Greenberg and Glasgow continue to argue the issue. Connor and Brodsky then join the fray. Ultimately, Judge Burmila makes his ruling: “I think we’ve addressed the issue of the facial unreliability of this statement on more than one occasion. Judge White heard this testimony, and determined that this testimony was unreliable . . . now, the Court has been informed that at the time he testified they were in possession of information that the date was wrong . . . even without knowing that, Judge White found his testimony to be unreliable. Now, the State told the defense that this individual’s testimony would be consistent with the police report of Oct. 30. The police report is crystal clear there were two different conversations, one at Denny’s and one at the residence. The State’s Attorney now informs the Court that there was a scrivener’s error . . . that’s not the way discovery works in a criminal case. In addition to that, the date changed twice . . . a second change within one hour or so of him approaching the witness stand. Taking all these things into account . . . the discovery violation, the misinformation . . . it might seem that you let him come up here and testify to whatever the current version is, and then allow him to be impeached. But it does not work that way . . . I now find his testimony to raise to the level of a due process violation . . . and this witness is barred.”

7 minutes ago

In Session With that, Judge Burmila has banned any further testimony from Scott Rossetto. He orders the State to produce a new witness, and sends for the jurors. However, before the jury enters, attorney Brodsky brings up another matter, regarding a life insurance policy on the life of Kathy Savio. “I don’t see the relevancy of bringing that before the jury . . . there’s very, very little probative value.” Connor responds, says that the witness in question would only testify as to the statements made to him by the defendant. Brodsky continues to insist that this testimony would be more prejudicial than probative, and should be excluded. Judge: “As to the defendant’s statements, I find that they are relevant, and they are admissible . . . so the defendant’s objections are overruled, and those statements are admissible.”

about a minute ago

It is their own fault, however, the tragedy is it may lead to absolutely no justice for Kathleen.

:maddening:

Dan Rozek‏@DanRozek1

#DrewPeterson former witness Scott Rossetto is upset at being barred from testifying because of questions over when he talked to Stacy.

diane pathieu‏@dianepathieu

Defense celebrating their small victory discussing who wins 'lunch pool' #DrewPeterson

#drewpeterson trial starts up again with Joseph Steadman, an insurance adjuster who handled a past Savio claim

BJ Lutz‏@bjlutz

#DrewPeterson told him, according to his memo: "Her death was drug related and she had been found dead in her bathtub." Call was 3/15/04.

In Session The jurors are now present, and the State calls its next witness: Joseph Steadman (questioned by prosecutor Connor). “I was a senior insurance claim adjustor for Old Republic Life Insurance in Chicago” (now retired). “Did you work on a claim for the death of a woman named Kathleen Savio?” “Yes.” The witness says he would normally get a phone call, and then he would immediately create a memo about the claim. “Would you recognize two of those memos if they were shown to you today?” “Yes.” He is shown a document. “This was my first contact with Mr. Peterson, via telephone.” ‘Did you ever meet this individual in person?” “Someone I spoke to on the phone.” “You created this entire memo?” “Yes, Sir.” “Can you read this sentence?” “’I asked Drew Peterson what she had died from. And he said her death was drug-related, and she had been found dead in her bathtub.’” The memo is dated March 16, 2004 (the conversation took place the day before, on March 15, 2004). “The phone call came in after 3:00 pm; we went home at 4:00. I wrote it the next day.”

56 seconds ago

In Session The witness is then shown another document, and then asked to read from it. “’Drew Peterson advised me that he is a Bolingbrook, IL police officer, and he was working the night of her death and was the first person on the scene and found her body. He was not allowed to investigate her death, since he is her ex-husband, and if she was murdered he would be one of the suspects.’” This report is dated April 21, 2004. “Is there anything in that memo that indicates that the defendant stated to you that her death was drug-related again?” Objection/Overruled. “No, during this phone conversation, we didn’t discuss the cause of her death.”

a few seconds ago

Dan Rozek‏@DanRozek1

#DrewPeterson witness Rossetto says not testifying about Stacy allegedly told him bothers him "a lot, because a friend of mine is gone."

Session The witness is handed another document. “There are highlighted phone numbers on that page . . . do you recognize them?” The witness points out the main phone number for Old Republic Life Insurance. “The last call was 15:44 . . . 3:44.” “The defendant was not the only individual that you spoke to?” “Yes, Sir.” “Who was the first individual who used the word ‘murder’?” Objection/Sustained. That ends the direct examination of this witness.
7 seconds ago

Rossetto flew in from Germany to testify, btw. He said he's a captain in the U.S. Army. #DrewPeterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3