Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
48s Jon Seidel‏@SeidelContent
Jennifer Schoon, ex-girlfriend of #DrewPeterson son, is on the witness stand.

2m Stacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson trial resumes with Jennifer Schoon, the ex-girlfriend of Drew's oldest son. She lived with family for nearly two years

Then what makes the most sense to me, is he sat on the side of the tub and held her under until he saw she stopped breathing. He then drained the tub. Closed the stopper after the tub was drained and hit her on the back of the head to make it appear she fell.

If that was the case, why was there so much blood? I think he hit her on the head first, and then staged the drowning to make it look like an accident.

I'm really starting to believe there is a lot more here. I'm not into politics Canadian or American but could this have to do with an election power thing?

I wonder too. Something is very wrong here. Or perhaps he simply likes Cops and hates women :maddening:

I do know one thing if i was a Juror i would be royally pizzed with the Defense and the Judge. Seems neither give a hoot the commitment these Jurors have made.

In Session The jurors are back in the courtroom, and the State calls its next witness: Jennifer Schoon (questioned by prosecutor Connor). She pronounces her last name “Shone.” ‘Did you for a time date Stephen Peterson?” “Yes.” “And who was his father?” “Drew Peterson.” She identifies the defendant in the courtroom. “Did you live in the same residence for a time frame?” “Yes, for just under two years.” She is then asked about February 29, 2004, when Drew left to take his younger sons back to Savio’s. “Did he return with the children?” “Yes.” “Had that ever happened before?” “Not that I’m aware of.” The next night, Drew is the one who told her about Kathleen’s death. “Very close to the time of her death . . . either that night or the next morning . . . [he told her]that she had drowned in the bathtub and hit her head. And there was no water in the bathtub, because there was a leak in the tub . . . I was told there anti-depressants on the counter.” “Who told you that?” “Drew Peterson did.” “Did he indicate she had possibly overdosed on anti-depressants?” “Yes, that she had possibly taken them.” “There was blood in the tub . . . did he indicate where that may have come from?” “Yes, from her head . . . she hit her head.” “Did the defendant ask for you assistance after Kathleen Savio’s death in relation to a computer that he had?” Objection. The attorneys approach for a sidebar.

In Session The sidebar ends. “When you lived at the residence, what part did you live in?” “In the basement.” “Could you hear everything that went on upstairs?” “ No.” “Were you ever awakened by sounds that were happening upstairs?” “No.” That concludes the direct examination of this witness.

In Session Brodsky begins his cross. The witness says she lived in the Peterson basement from 2003 to 2005. “You were living with Stephen Peterson in the basement of the house?” “Yes.” “Who else lived in the house?” “Drew, Stacy, me, and Steve.” “Thomas and Kristopher were there for visitation?” “Yes.” “And at some point, Stacy had a baby, and the baby was living there as well?” “Yes.” “Can you describe the basement?” “There was a bedroom and a living area. And a full bathroom.” She repeats that Drew tried to return the sons to Kathy on the evening of Feb. 29, but then brought them back. “I know that there were phone calls made. I don’t know how many.”

In Session‏@InSession

The judge has barred Scot Rosetto as a witness. #DrewPeterson

Me: Well that ends that and the jurors won't know that Drew asked Stacy to lie about being with him that nite.

It is a blessing that this trial is not being shown because I would have had to purchase a new TV after I put my foot through it in anger.

I. cannot. believe. this. pros. team.

In Session “You do know that after he came home with the kids he did make phone calls?” “Yes.” “And those phone calls were to try to locate Kathy, to return the children, to find out where she was?” “Yes.” “Drew was annoyed that Kathy wasn’t there to take the children?” “Yes.” “Your room in the basement was right below what part of the house?” “The dining room area.” “Wasn’t it also below where the washer and dryer were?” “In the bedroom closet, yes.” “So you could hear the washer and dryer running pretty well from downstairs, couldn’t you?” “Not that I remember.” “You don’t recall being able to hear the washer and dryer running when you were downstairs?” “No.” The witness is asked about her 2010 testimony, in which she indicated she could hear the washer and dryer running. “I don’t being able to hear the washer and dryer running all the time.” “But sometimes you could hear it?” “Yes.” “And you could hear people walking and talking in the kitchen?” “Sometimes, maybe, if doors were open.”

In Session “In order to find out if somebody was down there, what would they have to do?” “Go downstairs.” “Did Mr. Drew Peterson do that often?” “No.” “And you’re not aware of him doing that the weekend he brought the kids home?” “That weekend? Not that I’m aware of.” “The next morning, Mr. Peterson told you that Kathy was found dead in the bathtub, and there was no water in the bathtub?” “Yes.” “He also told you she might have overdosed on anti-depressants?” “Yes . . . it could have been his opinion; I don’t know.” Once again, the witness is asked about her February 3, 2010 hearsay hearing testimony. In that testimony, the witness said the information about the anti-depressants was “his opinion.” “So when Mr. Peterson told you that Kathleen might have overdosed, he was only giving you his opinion?” “Yes.”

In Session That concludes the cross-examination of Ms. Schoon. After a pause, the State announces that it also has no further questions. The witness is then excused, and the judge asks the jury to leave the courtroom.

In Session The jurors are now gone. The judge calls the attorneys to a sidebar.

Stacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
Schoon off the stand in #drewpeterson case. Jurors done for the day, but lawyers arguing motions.

2m Jon Seidel‏@SeidelContent
Arguments now over "hit-man" evidence that tripped up Glasgow's opening statement. #DrewPeterson

Stacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson judge hearing arguments on whether jury will hear hitman allegation.

In Session “In order to find out if somebody was down there, what would they have to do?” “Go downstairs.” “Did Mr. Drew Peterson do that often?” “No.” “And you’re not aware of him doing that the weekend he brought the kids home?” “That weekend? Not that I’m aware of.” “The next morning, Mr. Peterson told you that Kathy was found dead in the bathtub, and there was no water in the bathtub?” “Yes.” “He also told you she might have overdosed on anti-depressants?” “Yes . . . it could have been his opinion; I don’t know.” Once again, the witness is asked about her February 3, 2010 hearsay hearing testimony. In that testimony, the witness said the information about the anti-depressants was “his opinion.” “So when Mr. Peterson told you that Kathleen might have overdosed, he was only giving you his opinion?” “Yes.”

In Session That concludes the cross-examination of Ms. Schoon. After a pause, the State announces that it also has no further questions. The witness is then excused, and the judge asks the jury to leave the courtroom.
Why would he continue to give "his opinion" to the insurance adjuster at a later date unless it was something he was trying to convince everyone that is what actually happened?

:waitasec:

MOO

Many jurors are not up on what is legal and what is not - they depend on the judge and ethical lawyers. This is the judge's courtroom, he is responsible to run the trial as fairly and smoothly as possible. He should have had a lecture given to both sides from the git go as to how things were going to be run. He should make an apology to the jury when they have to be taken in and out of the courtroom. There appears to be no respect being shown to anyone in this farce certainly not Kathleen.

WHY?!?! WHY didn't the judge permit Rosetto to testify? His was incredibly powerful testimony for this case. I have to HOPE that this judge is good enough to want to see a guilty psycho like Drew Peterson put away forever and perhaps he has really barred this man's testimony because he knows that it will spell trouble for information that could possibly reveal too much about Stacy and ruin this case. I just have to believe that.
BBM

Drew Peterson deserves to rot in prison for the rest of his days. :jail:

And are any of the boys on the prosecution team going to put their hands up and take responsibility for this like that female attorney did when she mentioned the protection order?

1m Stacy St. Clair‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson prosecutors did not include witness on pre-trial docs. Prosecution says it was an innocent mistake.

:banghead:

In Session The sidebar ends. The judge says that he would like to once again address the issue of the possible testimony of prosecution witness Jeff Pachter. Attorney Greenberg argues that Pachter’s testimony should not be allowed, due to a failure to comply. Prosecutor Koch says that he believes the State has now complied with all requirements pertaining to this witness. Judge: “What can I rely on other than your late notice? There has to be something more than that . . . to allow for this late filing.”

In Session The judge/attorney exchange continues regarding the proposed testimony of witness Jeff Pachter. Judge: “I already made a finding that this is a bad act.” Greenberg: “It wasn’t until they got caught on their bad acts mistake on opening statement that they went out and searched for another way to get this evidence in . . . it’s not good cause; it’s just not.” Prosecutor Griffin then offers some case law that she believes supports the State’s position.

#drewpeterson judge said law is clear that prosecution error is not enough to admit the hitman testimony now, but still hasn't ruled.

#drewpeterson prosecutors did not include witness on pre-trial docs. Prosecution says it was an innocent mistake.

:banghead:

bbm

WTF?!?!?!?

Seriously, sometimes I think the pros want DP to walk. No one is that stupid and keeps his/her job. They are losing this case, one error at a time.

I'm really starting to believe there is a lot more here. I'm not into politics Canadian or American but could this have to do with an election power thing?

BBM: Maybe ?

I wonder too. Something is very wrong here. Or perhaps he simply likes Cops and hates women :maddening:

BBM: Very Wrong !

JMO and MOO: But I am wondering IF -- a BIG IF here -- judge is a "scared" of the DT because of some of the clients they have represented in the past ?

Just a thought ...

MOO ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members