GUILTY Dubai - Ibolya Ryan, 47, US teacher, stabbed to death, Abu Dhabi, 1 Dec 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Mrs Ryan’s killer may face the death penalty in the country if found guilty of her murder, however national laws allow the family of the victim to issue a pardon."

"The teacher’s former husband said that he had still not made up his mind about whether he would do this.
‘I can’t believe I have the power to pardon. That is shocking to me. I don’t even want that responsibility. But we’ll have to wait and see,’ he told CNN."

"Sheikh Saif added that the woman targeted her victims based solely on their nationality and did not know either of them."

"He said she 'aimed to create chaos, shake the security in the country and terrorize people in the UAE' - although investigations are still continuing into her exact motive."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ase-operations-terror-plan.html#ixzz3L9xzy0XJ

It's not like he's just pardoning a murderer, he would be pardoning a terrorist, who could go back to Yemen and do more damage.

Family of American teacher stabbed to death inside Abu Dhabi mall are 'devastated and traumatised' over brutal murder of mother-of-three

"Today, harrowing new details of Mrs Ryan's final moments also emerged."

"The teacher was first approached in the toilet by the Yemeni suspect who was wearing a burqa and pretended to be an elderly woman."

"During their brief conversation - which the attacker used to decipher her victim's nationality - she asked for assistance using a disabled toilet."

"A security guard at the mall said that the attacker then turned on her target, stabbing her repeatedly with a large knife."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ase-operations-terror-plan.html#ixzz3L9vUZiks

A few times when confronted by strangers of middle east or unknown nationality while in Brussels my husband and I will resort to other languages or we will make up some kind of gibberish to not give Away that we are Americans.I hope that this is not taken as racist or profiling but to protect ourselves from becoming victims.

I'm not denying that the poor American teacher WAS killed but maybe she didn't die the way they've said she did?.... It's not like we actually SEE the woman in the Burka killing her, because we don't. We apparently see the Burka lady before and after the killing (getting off the elevator, then getting back into it) but obviously nothing in between. Who knows, maybe her ex husband arranged her death to gain custody of their children? I don't know but there's just something really "off" about how it all allegedly played out, and why it did (we don't even know why for sure?). I just can't help but feel that things are not as we're lead to believe. The hokey video might be what's throwing me off. Would be good to know if it was a re-enactment, all or in part.

I agree with everything you said. However, how do we explain the dead American woman? Obviously she was killed and the woman in the Burka was there on surveillance camera. So ? It is odd, but ?

I think they solved the crime and then did a 'promotional' video patting themselves son the back maybe? They need the tourists to keep coming back, imo.

Were there witnesses in the bathroom when this all take place? How would anyone know these details? How would anyone know what was going in in the Yemeni lady's mind (engaging in a conversation with the sole purpose of determining the teacher's nationality)? Is there some MSM article stating there was a witness or witnesses present in the bathroom?

Family of American teacher stabbed to death inside Abu Dhabi mall are 'devastated and traumatised' over brutal murder of mother-of-three

"Today, harrowing new details of Mrs Ryan's final moments also emerged."

"The teacher was first approached in the toilet by the Yemeni suspect who was wearing a burqa and pretended to be an elderly woman."

"During their brief conversation - which the attacker used to decipher her victim's nationality - she asked for assistance using a disabled toilet."

"A security guard at the mall said that the attacker then turned on her target, stabbing her repeatedly with a large knife."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ase-operations-terror-plan.html#ixzz3L9vUZiks

I didn't realize at the time, but a first, US-led attempt to rescue hostages held in Yemen had resulted in the death of seven or eight terrorist fighters and the threat that US-British Luke Somers would be killed, just before this stabbing.

Sadly, Luke Somers and SA hostage Pierre Korkie have now been killed, during another rescue attempt. It makes me wonder if this woman has some kind of link to the Al Qaeda terrorists in Yemen, and this was a 'revenge' killing for their deaths? I still think it lacks the hallmarks of an organized attack though and find it hard to imagine what 'cell' could be involved. Not a very experienced one I'd think, when she targeted a Romanian/Hungarian while supposedly seeking American victims...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-30358665

Ibolya Ryan's ex-hubby: Grateful for capture of 'Reem Island ghost'

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emi...ture-of-reem-island-ghost-2014-12-07-1.572382

Abu Dhabi murder suspect 'not married to jailed Islamist'

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/c...pect-not-married-to-jailed-islamist-1.1423078

Mr Ryan said their sons Aidan and Adam, 11, were with their mother at the mall and had agreed to meet her at a coffee shop after they had used the bathrooms.

“They waited there for an hour wondering what had happened,” he said. “They saw police officers run by at one point but then they just waited for her.

“She didn’t come and they looked around and they couldn’t find her so they went home, which is just steps away from this mall. They went home and waited for her there.”

Last night Mr Ryan said the boys still did not know the details of that day and he was doing his best to keep it that way.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/ex-husband-of-murder-victim-speaks-of-heartache

Dala al Hashemi, 38, a Yemen-born Emirati national was arrested Thursday on suspicion of murdering the teacher, who had moved to the Middle Eastern country in search of a better life following a divorce.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ictim-s-family-speaks-devastation-horror.html

bbm

Were there witnesses in the bathroom when this all take place? How would anyone know these details? How would anyone know what was going in in the Yemeni lady's mind (engaging in a conversation with the sole purpose of determining the teacher's nationality)? Is there some MSM article stating there was a witness or witnesses present in the bathroom?

Yes, there were witnesses present in the bathroom.

Wondering if this victim was actually an American citizen. Also are her husband and children American citizens?

In her profile, in her own words, she does not say she has American citizenship. Her and her husband lived and worked in Colorado at one time, where she also trained to be a teacher. Maybe her children were born there?

Expected to see a statement of some kind by the American State Department or similar government body - but none so far? Where will she be repatriated to?

I see your point LayzeeDayzee - the circumstances are all very strange and do not seem to fit together well. The victims lifestyle seems expensive for a divorced teacher and part-time events planner. The rent on the new upscale apartment has to be paid one year in advance - that is how rent payments work in the UAE. Occasionally one can arrange 6 months in advance - but always many months in advance. This is on the premise that the employer is paying the rent. School tuition for the twins also had to be paid for - there are no taxes paid by expats in the UAE = no rights either. Jmo.

Wondering if this victim was actually an American citizen. Also are her husband and children American citizens?

In her profile, in her own words, she does not say she has American citizenship. Her and her husband lived and worked in Colorado at one time, where she also trained to be a teacher. Maybe her children were born there?

Expected to see a statement of some kind by the American State Department or similar government body - but none so far? Where will she be repatriated to?

I see your point LayzeeDayzee - the circumstances are all very strange and do not seem to fit together well. The victims lifestyle seems expensive for a divorced teacher and part-time events planner. The rent on the new upscale apartment has to be paid one year in advance - that is how rent payments work in the UAE. Occasionally one can arrange 6 months in advance - but always many months in advance. This is on the premise that the employer is paying the rent. School tuition for the twins also had to be paid for - there are no taxes paid by expats in the UAE = no rights either. Jmo.

From what has been reported, she was a US citizen. I am not sure what her lifestyle has to do with the fact that she was a murdered in what appears to be a random crime (in a sense that a killer apparently targeted some random American and not her specifically). I fail to see why if she was specifically targeted the murder would have been carried out in a public restroom. Her rent could have been paid by her employer. Her husband could have been paying spousal support/child support.

It's not like he's just pardoning a murderer, he would be pardoning a terrorist, who could go back to Yemen and do more damage.
But what do they mean by pardon? Maybe they just mean husband could ask for the death penalty not be carried out? Some people are against the death penalty no matter what.

Did anyone else see the ex-husbands interview this morning ? Very odd. If your into the micro-expressions/human lie detection stuff, he sends off red flags all over the place.

Oh, and he reminds me of Woody Allen.

There is a reason why microexpressions/ human lie detection stuff are not admitted at trials as evidence.

Saying she acted alone now.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/crime/no-terror-link-to-reem-island-mall-murder-suspect

“The investigations show that the accused has recently logged into some terrorist websites through which she acquired the terrorism ideology and learnt how to manufacture explosives. After scrutiny, the seized materials used in manufacturing were shown to be primitive,” the source said.

The source said investigations had shown that the suspect had not intentionally set out to kill any American or any other nationality, but was looking simply for anyone who looked foreign in terms of language and colour.

Saying she acted alone now.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/crime/no-terror-link-to-reem-island-mall-murder-suspect

“The investigations show that the accused has recently logged into some terrorist websites through which she acquired the terrorism ideology and learnt how to manufacture explosives. After scrutiny, the seized materials used in manufacturing were shown to be primitive,” the source said.

The source said investigations had shown that the suspect had not intentionally set out to kill any American or any other nationality, but was looking simply for anyone who looked foreign in terms of language and colour.

If that's true, I wonder if any other people were approached in the 90 minutes the murderer waited in the bathroom. It would really surprise me if the victim were the first foreign-looking person who used a restroom just outside a Waitrose supermarket (a British chain), in a mall in a building that is connected by walkways to two adjacent residential buildings where a lot of expats live.

Did anyone else see the ex-husbands interview this morning ? Very odd. If your into the micro-expressions/human lie detection stuff, he sends off red flags all over the place.

Oh, and he reminds me of Woody Allen.

Link to the video interview with the x-husband:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ibolya-ryans-ex-monster-was-lying-wait-abu-dhabi-mall-n263266

WHY the heck are those children present in the video interview ??? :(
They should ABSOLUTELY NOT be exposed like that IMHO!!!

If that's true, I wonder if any other people were approached in the 90 minutes the murderer waited in the bathroom. It would really surprise me if the victim were the first foreign-looking person who used a restroom just outside a Waitrose supermarket (a British chain), in a mall in a building that is connected by walkways to two adjacent residential buildings where a lot of expats live.

The reality is - you will know what 'they' want you to know, when 'they' want you to know it. If someone else is suspected (husband or friend or acquaintance) it won't be considered 'their' problem. The sooner this matter is disposed of the better for Abu Dhabi and the UAE as a whole. Jmo.

There have been murders of expats previously in the UAE (few and far between) - nothing much ever came of these cases in the news. Many years ago a young female (possibly Russian) was found murdered early in the morning on a bridge in Dubai - never heard what happened. This was long before terrorism was an issue and or excuse. Jmo.

The reality is - you will know what 'they' want you to know, when 'they' want you to know it. If someone else is suspected (husband or friend or acquaintance) it won't be considered 'their' problem. The sooner this matter is disposed of the better for Abu Dhabi and the UAE as a whole. Jmo.

There have been murders of expats previously in the UAE (few and far between) - nothing much ever came of these cases in the news. Many years ago a young female (possibly Russian) was found murdered early in the morning on a bridge in Dubai - never heard what happened. This was long before terrorism was an issue and or excuse. Jmo.

In today's Emarti newspaper, there's an article about a killing of a woman in 2010.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/court...spected-of-similar-killing-three-years-before

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back