Dunkin' Donuts yanks Rachel Ray Ad

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree I think that is great that there are those who will actually do that. So many just want to stand back and go oh no that's offensive and that is not right, but then when someone says 'uh you know, now that I think of it what you said or did or have on is offensive to my beliefs' then they will just say oh well...

I look at it like this I was brought up to beleive that no one can hurt your feelings or offend you unless YOU let them and quite frankly I really try not to give others that much control over me.
that is a nice thought but i disagree. some things are offensive to good taste in general and if people find it offensive it does not make them wrong in any way. if i call my black neighbor the N word or get a tat of a guy bowing to hitler i should expect people to find it offensive and those people would be right. i find it offensive that rappers call women *advertiser censored* so i do not buy their albums. i am not their target market so they continue to do it. in this case the company felt enough of their target market may be offended so they reacted in the correct way.

Oh, people can have their opinions I am not offended by them and people can not like mine, I am not offended by that either. And honey I already said it, the 'oh it's a show of support for terrorist and is offensive' is stupid. There I said it again.

Ok, soooooo, I'm still waiting on your input regarding the Muslim women wearing the uniforms they were provided, honey.

No it is not worrisome it is in fact comforting that there is some little piece of our country that has not lost it's flipping mind and does not choose to find something evil where there is none and no offense where there is none. What is worrisome is all the people thinking that it is okay to look for the evil everywhere.

Who is looking for evil everywhere?

(pardon me while I don my Confederate battle flag baseball cap, to wear with my Obama = Curious George tshirt)

I loved the scarf and thought the fuss was silly. BUT, I am not sensitized to whatever the symbol of the actual headscarf stands for. I thought it suited Arafat when he wore the real one-that doesn't mean i liked him; I just don't find a huge resemblance between Rachel Ray and Arafat...JMO

I can honestly tell you that at least here in Indiana, nobody would think twice about it being just a scarf. Bottom line.

Same here Jen.
For those having trouble understanding the principal that Rachael is wearing a plain scarf.

Go to the grocery store or Barnes and Nobles. Buy all the fashion magazines you can find. I guarantee that you'll see pictures of women wearing scarfs, even though it is spring. sheezeeeeeeee :rolleyes:

I loved the scarf and thought the fuss was silly. BUT, I am not sensitized to whatever the symbol of the actual headscarf stands for. I thought it suited Arafat when he wore the real one-that doesn't mean i liked him; I just don't find a huge resemblance between Rachel Ray and Arafat...JMO

The best thing to "suit" Arafat would be if he got caught in his own crossfire.

Go to the grocery store or Barnes and Nobles. Buy all the fashion magazines you can find. I guarantee that you'll see pictures of women wearing scarfs, even though it is spring. sheezeeeeeeee :rolleyes:

Here's a woman wearing one.

pete_ashlee_wentz_255978cbbjpg.jpg

Dear G*d, if these people are going to be the paragons of fashion, please take me now.

Karole,
bahaaaaa, pssssst that is a man and he's Ashley's boyfriend.

because terrorists drink dunkin donuts on their jihads allllll the time... ray will be their shining light? what the hell?!?

It's funny because when I saw that ad before the big uproar I was like hmm that scarf she got on looks like one of those Arab thingys..Not that I care..wear whatever you want I just was like dang that's exactly what it looked like to me and then they made this big stink about it which I think is ridiculous by the way...

Have you seen the new Madonna/Justin Timberlake video? :waitasec:
Justin is wearing one of the scarfs....Madonna is wearing a corset. Surprise. ;)

A look from the "other side"

=============================

But Ms Tieger said she had "no idea about the politics" when she bought the scarf at the Tree Of Life store.

"I thought it was a nice scarf, a cowboy scarf. I thought: 'It's black and white, no-one will say anything to me because that's all we can wear [with our work uniform]'.

"A Palestinian customer came up and asked me if I'm wearing this scarf as a fashion statement or for political reasons.

"I had no idea what he was talking about because I don't follow politics at all. I just laughed it off.

"Two days later he called and complained about it."

Shevonne Hunt, a freelance journalist who has reported on the keffiyeh's popularity in Australia, said many Palestinians were annoyed the widespread use of the keffiyeh for fashion had watered down its meaning.

Click!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jzouzie