Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found, #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Don't read if you don't like gory details.

Someone posted up thread about possibly not finding forensic evidence, I just wanted to say that even with a no blood kill there would be some evidence depending on how fast a body would be say bagged or contained. A body, after death, will fully evacuate. There would be bodily fluids of some sort within (have to look again) I believe 30 - 45 min.

Sorry if I sound disrespectful, I hate that part of forensics.

I really appreciate this information. It's very helpful. Thank you.

If Dylan died in the truck from a blow to the head, his body would have to be disposed of very quickly in order to stop bodily fluids from soiling his seat. Therefore, killing Dylan in the truck is not a good idea.

However, if Dylan is pushed out of the truck and forced off a cliff, none of his body fluids will leak and soil the truck seat and Mark wouldn't have to drive with a dead body.

<modsnip> they left McDonald's and when Mark arrived home he sent the message. Was Dylan's Ipod touch pad in his back pack? Where is it now?

I doubt Mark would know whether Dylan had his Ipod Touch pad with him unless he asked him. MR said he didn't exactly know what Dylan was doing in the livingroom around 9:37 pm where Dylan supposedly slept the night so I don't think Dylan made it there alive.

MO

If only Dylan's cell phone (pings) arrived at the home (not necessarily that Dylan arrived at the home) and LE is aware that this is a possibility, it makes me wonder if they still would have worded it the same way in the press release.

It also takes me back to Mark's explanation about how the cell reception would have been poor until after they passed the lake.....i. e. perhaps when LE was questioning Mark about why there were no texts from Dylan for part of the ride because maybe they were trying to figure out if Dylan was still in the truck at that point? So Mark would need to come up with the explanation of why the cell phone wasn't working at that time. Then it could also explain why he argued and argued with LE about Dylan sitting on the end of the couch using the phone or ipod....when I'm sure LE has considered just like we have whether the last communications were from Dylan at all. ..

I can just imagine the cell reception tests the investigators have performed on a re-created drive from Durango to Mark's home.

I am trying to explore the possibility that MR premeditated. Although Dylan and MR once had a loving relationship, it may have deteriorated in recent months. Some folks suggested a financial motive (does anyone have a reference to a change in childcare payments?) and others suggested motives related to ER. Others have pointed out how convenient it was that MR had an early morning appt on Monday which provided him with a story and a plausible excuse for delaying any search considerably. Also, although it might be perfectly natural for MR to forbid Dylan to go to a friend's house the night he arrived, it would be necessary in the event MR planned the incident for that night.

MOO: I am sticking with Dylan reaching MR's house as per LE press report. If MR were plotting something, I would think he would allow DR to text all he wanted and go out of his way to make everything seem normal, especially from the electronics communication point of view. If I were in that position, I would take action late at night, after the victim had fallen asleep, to minimize the ability to fight back.

MOO: If that were the case, why did Dylan stop texting from his phone relatively early? Perhaps his phone had poor reception in MR's house (anyone know?). That used to be the case with my family; there were only a few spots you could stand in our house and get a signal until we switched services for that reason. He may have switched over to his Ipod with the wireless connection and stopped communicating at 9:37. That seems early for DR but maybe not if he were planning on getting up so early the next day. But if Dylan's phone had good reception at MR's house, I have difficulty explaining why his phone texting would stop so early in a premeditation scenario.

MOO: If MR planned this, I assume he would choose a bloodless method. If he was prepared, it would not take very long to then transport to the location the remains were found (before any likelihood of evacuation) then go to wherever the backpack (and shoes? and fishing pole?) was discarded/hidden.

Anyway, that seems like a possible narrative for an MR premeditation scenario with DR getting to MR's house. I still have trouble thinking it is more likely than an accident, but I believe that is just because I am biased rather than due to any circumstances.

I am trying to explore the possibility that MR premeditated. Although Dylan and MR once had a loving relationship, it may have deteriorated in recent months. Some folks suggested a financial motive (does anyone have a reference to a change in childcare payments?) and others suggested motives related to ER. Others have pointed out how convenient it was that MR had an early morning appt on Monday which provided him with a story and a plausible excuse for delaying any search considerably. Also, although it might be perfectly natural for MR to forbid Dylan to go to a friend's house the night he arrived, it would be necessary in the event MR planned the incident for that night.

MOO: I am sticking with Dylan reaching MR's house as per LE press report. If MR were plotting something, I would think he would allow DR to text all he wanted and go out of his way to make everything seem normal, especially from the electronics communication point of view. If I were in that position, I would take action late at night, after the victim had fallen asleep, to minimize the ability to fight back.

MOO: If that were the case, why did Dylan stop texting from his phone relatively early? Perhaps his phone had poor reception in MR's house (anyone know?). That used to be the case with my family; there were only a few spots you could stand in our house and get a signal until we switched services for that reason. He may have switched over to his Ipod with the wireless connection and stopped communicating at 9:37. That seems early for DR but maybe not if he were planning on getting up so early the next day. But if Dylan's phone had good reception at MR's house, I have difficulty explaining why his phone texting would stop so early in a premeditation scenario.

MOO: If MR planned this, I assume he would choose a bloodless method. If he was prepared, it would not take very long to then transport to the location the remains were found (before any likelihood of evacuation) then go to wherever the backpack (and shoes? and fishing pole?) was discarded/hidden.

Anyway, that seems like a possible narrative for an MR premeditation scenario with DR getting to MR's house. I still have trouble thinking it is more likely than an accident, but I believe that is just because I am biased rather than due to any circumstances.

I lean more towards premeditation than rage-driven impulse simply because there's not much evidence made public. Hard to believe a raging, possibly drunk person could successfully kill, then transport a young person with no trace without help. Would be interesting to see MRs phone records on Sunday and Monday.

LE had no reason to take a cereal bowl that first day. They thought he was lost or had run off from what MR told them. They looked for his phone, I remember.

I thought MR said from the very beginning that he didn't think Dylan ran away.

I don't know that it should be called a possible theory when only one person is allowed to be sleuthed and that person has not been called a POI by LE.

My understanding is that we are allowed to discuss theories and people which are the result of considering the facts of the situation, as long as those theories are labelled as opinion only. My understanding of the TOS may be wrong, but I am certainly not the first person to suggest possible theories that involve MR. As I stated in my previous post, my actual opinion does not favor a premeditation scenario, but I outlined one that was possible.

Regarding the possible deterioration of the relationship between MR and DR, MR himself mentioned that DR had not responded to his attempts to contact him lately.

What else would people be doing up that mountain in november ?

Does the road get cleared, would people be using ATVs or skidoos, or hunting,fishing.

I like just plain bushbombing, used to take my son, now he goes with his buddies, but people are usually more cautious once the weather changes.
Because phoning your friends and asking them to bring a shovel and a tow rope cause you got yourself stuck - does not elicit as much sympathy as you might expect.

Anyways the person would have to know the road is drivable at that time of year, and have the auto capable of getting there, probably a 4x4. jmo moo

I don't know that it should be called a possible theory when only one person is allowed to be sleuthed and that person has not been called a POI by LE.

I put forward my main theory the other day and there's been nothing posted since to change my mind about it. A secondary theory though is that MR did something.

Does the road get cleared, would people be using ATVs or skidoos, or hunting,fishing.

I like just plain bushbombing, used to take my son, now he goes with his buddies, but people are usually more cautious once the weather changes.
Because phoning your friends and asking them to bring a shovel and a tow rope cause you got yourself stuck - does not elicit as much sympathy as you might expect.

Anyways the person would have to know the road is drivable at that time of year, and have the auto capable of getting there, probably a 4x4. jmo moo

The road itself is not a 4wheel drive only road except at the end. There were some YouTube videos posted last week that show the road is definitely drivable when there isn't snow. There wasn't snow in November when Dylan went missing.

What is "bushbombing"?

I thought MR said from the very beginning that he didn't think Dylan ran away.

He told LE that first day to keep an eye out for the boy and hit him upside the head send send him home. So, that is what LE had to work from.

He told LE that first day to keep an eye out for the boy and hit him upside the head send send him home. So, that is what LE had to work from.

Correct. He also told them from the get go, that the fishing pole was missing, so he had begun his own search right at the lake area.

Since apparently the person MR spoke with did not file a missing child report, I believe that initially LE was going off whatever the mother said when she spoke with the sheriff's office.

Bushbombing - its just exploring the logging and backroads , finding out the limits of your auto. Like ATVing with your regular everyday auto, -theres not much to do out here-have to make your own fun :)

Since apparently the person MR spoke with did not file a missing chid report, I believe that initially LE was going off whatever the mother said when she spoke with the sheriff's office.

Ya know CH, as basic as that sounds, I had not considered this before. So it would be very informative to know what E said to LE that first day. (or even the 2nd or 3rd) Thanks

Completely off topic, but anyone know why my cat licks my toes? I'm a dog person and this cat behavior is freaking me out a little....sometimes he pounces on my foot like it was prey except he licks.

I think he is after salt, and just likes to groom another 'cat', that cat being you. We had a little orange cat who loved to lick our faces, she would also lick our forearms. In fact we have had several cats who liked licking our forearms, so salt on skin, and our cats thinking of us as another 'cat' in the herd that needs to be groomed?

Cats sure like to pounce. Feet with wiggling toes grab their attention. Have you seen that great cat toy on tv, it is a yellow fabric circle you lay on the floor, it has a battery, and a thing zooms around underneath, around and around? We are buying one for our cats, maybe you should too, to save your toes? Also, it could be worse, a few years ago in a big city near us there was a pervert who approached women waiting at bus stops and grabbed them to suck their toes. Ewwww!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12