Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought a lot about everything that is known, everything that LE has stated over the past seven months. What catches me the most, what is most disturbing, is that they have determined this to be a homicide but insist that the public is safe and a killer isn't running around out there (paraphrasing Dan Bender interviews). MOO, that tells me that they have, since their last press release in March, know who the suspect is and have been confident that it is an isolated and horrible crime upon Dylan, no other children within the community are in danger. Is that because no other children are within MR's grasp? IDK. MOO, they won't name anyone a POI until they have an arrest.

What disturbs me the most is the cold manner in which MR talked about the body of his son. I don't know about you (in general), but I couldn't talk about a deceased pet dog with as calm of a tone that he used to describe the remains of his son, very disturbing IMO.

Understood, and if you've seen any of my posts referring to MR you know I consider him the #1 POI. That said, and I am reluctant to give him any semblance of a hall pass whatsoever, I do know people in shock can react quite oddly. When I lost a loved one, my first instinct was that I needed to go workout, when I needed to head to the hospital instead. He might have been medicated or even dissociated. Who knows.
Really disturbingly odd though, I agree. And yes, I stand firm in my belief he is POI #1.
Frankly, I will be happy if im wrong. An act like this by a father is truly unfathomable.

But all that said, I suspect this will end up be a very very long thread. A POI will be arrested, and then unless there is an accomplice that confesses and cooperates, we will have to endure a protracted sentancing and trial. And then, the Perp will game the system delay after delay, and enjoy flatvscreen t.v. and woodshop as a mother and brother grieve. If you think I exaggerate, look up and check on the life Polly Klaas' killer is living.
Then of course, these families must endure the parole hearings, and while we the taxpayers foot the bill.
I dont have all the answers, but certainly the creampuff treatment these evildoers receive is no deterent to crime.

Me too. And there were/are some RSOs that appear to have an interest in children. I know the window of opportunity is narrow - but we have seen so many cases where the window of opportunity was just a few minutes.

I still think there is a strong possibility that something else could have happened. I do agree that the arrow of suspicion is pointed directly at MR because there are some things that just haven't been explained and some behaviors by MR that are just not understandable for me. But I also think Dylan could have walked out of the house that morning, intending to get a ride.

I think if Dylan was at all able, he would have answered RN's text. I also think he would have called for a ride and I'm pretty sure it has been confirmed that MR has a land line. So if MR did confiscate Dylan's electronics, Dylan could have used the landline. Because Dylan grew up in Bayfield, an area with bad cell reception, I do believe he would have known how to use the phone and that he probably remembered a few phone numbers. Maybe he didn't remember RN's grandma's phone number?

I also tend to believe MR loved Dylan and it is very difficult to understand, how, if he did in fact love Dylan, he can manage to get through the days without telling Law Enforcement what happened. The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I really wish he would tell LE the truth and either clear his name, so this case can move forward, or confess and let Dylan have some peace. :(

Salem

Really?

i always assumed he did but now if he did love his son then it was a selfish love and alll about him and not about who Dylan was.

The fact he could be so detached that the same day Dylan was confirmed deceased he could talk about animals ravaging his sons bone and talk about what was found is quite sickening.

Then look at Elaine who was so distraught she could not speak to the media for days and Cory had to do it who respectfully said it was "Dylan's day" and he was not going to get into the negative aspects of the days event.

A very very strange man who can never look at the big picture and the affects his behavior has on other people imo
:cow:

Really?

i always assumed he did but now if he did love his son then it was a selfish love and alll about him and not about who Dylan was.

The fact he could be so detached that the same day Dylan was confirmed deceased he could talk about animals ravaging his sons bone and talk about what was found is quite sickening.

Then look at Elaine who was so distraught she could not speak to the media for days and Cory had to do it who respectfully said it was "Dylan's day" and he was not going to get into the negative aspects of the days event.

A very very strange man who can never look at the big picture and the affects his behavior has on other people imo
:cow:

IMO His children weren't a priority before his ex-wife moved. He saw them approx three times a year.

And Dylan certainly wasn't his priority after he went missing.

All IMO

I've thought a lot about everything that is known, everything that LE has stated over the past seven months. What catches me the most, what is most disturbing, is that they have determined this to be a homicide but insist that the public is safe and a killer isn't running around out there (paraphrasing Dan Bender interviews). MOO, that tells me that they have, since their last press release in March, know who the suspect is and have been confident that it is an isolated and horrible crime upon Dylan, no other children within the community are in danger. Is that because no other children are within MR's grasp? IDK. MOO, they won't name anyone a POI until they have an arrest.

What disturbs me the most is the cold manner in which MR talked about the body of his son. I don't know about you (in general), but I couldn't talk about a deceased pet dog with as calm of a tone that he used to describe the remains of his son, very disturbing IMO.

Hi azg, good to see you. We've been thinking about you. Hope you guys are doing ok down there...

Your words that I bolded above is exactly what has stuck out to me from the very beginning since Dylan disappeared. The reaction / attitude from LE was an especially noticeable stark contrast to LE's reaction to the Jessica Ridgeway investigation ("We are looking for a predator...he might've changed his appearance lately, etc etc.). Granted, all investigations are different, but this lack of emphasis on the danger to the community was a very obvious possible clue to me from the start.

I think LE know who is guilty and its just about finding enough proof and putting together a case that will get a conviction!

:moo:

I'm with you on the solo hike thing. But WHAT IF (work with me here, it's not that I believe this, I just look at as many possibilities as I can), someone Dylan knew came along and offered to take him up to Middle Mountain to off road and kill a few hours while he was waiting for his father? And something happened to Dylan on the mountain, say he was in the back of a truck and bounced out. Or was riding and ATV when he shouldn't have been and fell off. And he was killed. And the person responsible freaked and left. It's way out in left field, but not beyond the realm of possible. Except for the whole no contacting anyone thing. Oh, and taking all his belongings.
:nevermind:

(BBM) And the missing fishing pole.

If the facts in this case were different, I would be more interested in speculating on different scenarios. Here's a set of changes that would make me more interested in exploring a "Dylan heads out for a short hike then something bad happens." scenario:

IF Dylan had (say, for example) forgotten to pack his phone charger AND he didn't own an Ipod touch that he had used to text the previous evening AND the fishing pole weren't missing (according to MR, it was stored right behind the TV, so it was obviously gone) AND all Dylan's stuff with the possible exception of a pair of sweatpants hadn't gone missing with him, (I'm going to give a pass on the lack of a coat since maybe he would be keeping warm through exertion), THEN I would think it much more plausible that Dylan had decided to go for a short hike and many possibilities open up. There are other circumstances that would make this scenario seem even more plausible, like if his backpack had been emptied out and repacked with a few snacks and water. Or, if Dylan had left a note.

A similar set of changes would make me more interested in speculating about a (friend or perp)/(luring or abduction) from MR's home. Without these changes, this person would need to manage to show up before Dylan decided to text anyone that morning AND for some reason either Dylan (in the case of a luring) or the other person (in the case of an abduction) would decide to take both a fishing pole and Dylan's full pack. But given the data we have to work with (complete lack of communications in the morning, missing fishing pole and missing full pack), I haven't been able to imagine a scenario that seems plausible to me.

quote 812 Linda7NJ : Not buying it. He would have texted his friends that were expecting him.

the mountain is quite close so it could of been seen as a quick side trip before going to his friends. i do think there is the possibility that someone saw MR leave and dropped by,or met Dylan on the road if Dylan decided to head off on his own. i don't know how text obsessive Dylan was or if MR had taken his electronics. jmo

I agree with Linda7NJ that Dylan would have texted RN.

If MR had confiscated and kept Dylan's phone and Ipod the next morning, they wouldn't be missing now.

According to MR, Dylan was still sleeping at 7:30 (refused to get up). Dylan was due at RN's gma's house at 6:30. RN texted Dylan before 7:00 asking him where he was, but that text went unanswered. If Dylan got up after MR left and decided to go somewhere, even for a short side trip, either by himself or with someone else, it seems unlikely that he would choose not to text RN first. And, of course, he would also make the incongruous decision to take his fishing pole and his full pack along.

Here's relevant info about RN's text from: http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687

"Expecting Dylan, Ryan set his alarm and woke up at 6:30 a.m. At 6:46, he sent a text to his friend, asking where he was."

"Ryan: (Tme: 6:46 a.m. Nov. 19) Where are you"

I agree with Linda7NJ that Dylan would have texted RN.

If MR had confiscated and kept Dylan's phone and Ipod the next morning, they wouldn't be missing now.

According to MR, Dylan was still sleeping at 7:30 (refused to get up). Dylan was due at RN's gma's house at 6:30. RN texted Dylan before 7:00 asking him where he was, but that text went unanswered. If Dylan got up after MR left and decided to go somewhere, even for a short side trip, either by himself or with someone else, it seems unlikely that he would choose not to text RN first. And, of course, he would also make the incongruous decision to take his fishing pole and his full pack along.

Here's relevant info about RN's text from: http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687

"Expecting Dylan, Ryan set his alarm and woke up at 6:30 a.m. At 6:46, he sent a text to his friend, asking where he was."

"Ryan: (Tme: 6:46 a.m. Nov. 19) Where are you"

How has this been determined? Has it been determined based on Dylan's normal texting patterns? Was it based on texting patterns in Colorado Springs? Was it based on texting patterns in Vallecito? Or has this been based on each individuals child's texting patterns when really what my child or anyone elses does is insignificant?

Has LE released his pattern of texting? Or is this based on what someone has stated that may not be entirely accurate?

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=2513818990001
Video Player

WEB EXTRA: La Plata County Sheriff on Redwine. 9NEWS.com. 06/27/13.
Initial Press Conference

Just MHO, I'd think that statement would be inclusive of RSOs

:twocents:

I have heard too many statements from numerous LE's to place or even try to make assumptions of what LE is trying to convey.

Remember this is a resort area, in which many LE's try to downplay the amount of crime, let alone information with respect to a missing child, or the potential for someone either from outside or within the community being free to do this again.

What I did find interesting, is the caveat that all parents should always be vigilant with respect to what is happening around them, as stated by Bender.

Revenge is a powerful motive.

Yes it is, and it is not always limited to one person. I have sat here and watched 7 months of it, when the focus should of been on Dylan from the start. He seemed to of got lost in the story line.

That's the thing. His ex-wife and Cory know him better than anyone. They immediately were panicked. That tells me a lot! Their gut instincts were heard loud and clear, from day one....

Were they panicked? I thought Elaine finished her day at the office. If they were panicked, why did they not find it unusual for Dylan not to reply to Elaine's text?

From everything Elaine has stated, I certainly did not get the impression of panic, as Dylan would text her when "he landed", and if not that night, then the next morning when he woke. Did Dylan text her as soon as he awoke? 1 hour after he awoke? 2 hours after he awoke?

This is in the NG interview for anyone that will aske for a cite.

This does not strike me as being panicked. It sounds like this was a normal pattern for Dylan.

Another thing. Has it ever been stated whose home Dylan slept over the night prior to leaving for his dads?

I have only heard about 1 friend J, from Colorado Springs. Has anyone offered information, whether that be LE, the family, with respect to his other friends that he had made so many new friendships with? Or is this once again just based on unsubstantiated information to date?

How has this been determined? Has it been determined based on Dylan's normal texting patterns? Was it based on texting patterns in Colorado Springs? Was it based on texting patterns in Vallecito? Or has this been based on each individuals child's texting patterns when really what my child or anyone elses does is insignificant?

Has LE released his pattern of texting? Or is this based on what someone has stated that may not be entirely accurate?

My belief that Dylan would have been likely to have texted RN that morning is not based on knowledge of Dylan's specific texting pattern, but these facts:

If Dylan had gotten up that morning after MR left (as MR asserts), then he was already at least an hour late for his arranged meeting with RN. RN clearly took the arrangement seriously, since RN set his alarm clock to get himself up at that time and texted DR just 18 minutes after the assigned time, asking where he was.

Given that Dylan was late for his arranged meeting and his phone had a text from RN asking where he was, I find it unlikely that Dylan would choose not to text RN that morning. If you think Dylan was reasonably likely to choose not to text under those circumstances, we will have to agree to disagree.

Just another example of deflecting blame and responsibility, there are sooo many Similar examplesI've lost track!

Is it?

Or is it like other parents that have questioned the same thing with respect to Amber Alerts? I am going to submit that there have been a number of parents of children that have questioned the system. So why would asking questions of why LE did not issue an Amber Alert, be an example of deflecting?

I would be asking the same question, and I know I would not be deflecting!

My belief that Dylan would have been likely to have texted RN that morning is not based on knowledge of Dylan's specific texting pattern, but these facts:

If Dylan had gotten up that morning after MR left (as MR asserts), then he was already at least an hour late for his arranged meeting with RN. RN clearly took the arrangement seriously, since RN set his alarm clock to get himself up at that time and texted DR just 18 minutes after the assigned time, asking where he was.

Given that Dylan was late for his arranged meeting and his phone had a text from RN asking where he was, I find it unlikely that Dylan would choose not to text RN that morning. If you think Dylan was reasonably likely to choose not to text under those circumstances, we will have to agree to disagree.

It may be ones belief, but that does not make it true, nor a reflection of Dylan's texting pattern, especially when Elaine herself stated on NG, something very different.

Again for the cite it is in the NG interview.

It may be ones belief, but that does not make it true, nor a reflection of Dylan's texting pattern, especially when Elaine herself stated on NG, something very different.

Again for the cite it is in the NG interview.

Would you please provide the specific context that indicates to you that Dylan would not be likely to text in those circumstances? Otherwise, I don't know how to evaluate your input.

Were they panicked? I thought Elaine finished her day at the office. If they were panicked, why did they not find it unusual for Dylan not to reply to Elaine's text?

From everything Elaine has stated, I certainly did not get the impression of panic, as Dylan would text her when "he landed", and if not that night, then the next morning when he woke. Did Dylan text her as soon as he awoke? 1 hour after he awoke? 2 hours after he awoke?

This is in the NG interview for anyone that will aske for a cite.

This does not strike me as being panicked. It sounds like this was a normal pattern for Dylan.

Another thing. Has it ever been stated whose home Dylan slept over the night prior to leaving for his dads?

Since it was between 4:30 and 5:00 when Mark finally texted Elaine to ask if she knew where Dylan was, her day at the office would likely be over already anyway, so I suppose you could say she finished her day at the office. It would take a few minutes to make the phone calls and get out of there.

Was she panicked? She called the sheriff's office and reported him missing after getting that one text from Mark. She started calling his Bayfield friends looking for him. She got her older son and fiancé, and started driving to the area right away. To me, that is panic. If you don't see it that way, we will have to agree to disagree.

Do you have a link showing that he spent the night at someone's house Saturday? I have never seen that. I have only heard MR say that he was up late talking to friends the night before. I have always assumed he meant texting or on the phone.

I based my opinion off of my knowledge of my own son and what his mother said.

Maybe the cereal bowl confirmed he was there? Is MR the only one who mentioned the cereal bowl? Did LE ever say it was there, existed, taken for testing?

Mark probably had cereal that morning and left the bowl out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735