Dylan Redwine's father’s trial in death of son, rescheduled to 18 September 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m playing devil’s advocate here. Could the blunt force trauma have been caused by a fall? (And then scavengers dragged parts of his body around? :( )

If he walked to the top of the mountain, then fell. I don't believe that he did. He was put up on that mountain after he was dead by his father, who killed him. It was caused by being struck with an object. (IMO, of course!)

I’m playing devil’s advocate here. Could the blunt force trauma have been caused by a fall? (And then scavengers dragged parts of his body around? :( )

IDK---but the main problem is that there is no reason that Dylan would have been up hiking alone in that remote area.
He was so excited about coming to see his old friends. He had 3 very good school friends that he had grown up with and he missed them, after he moved away with his Mom. He had been texting back and forth for weeks, excited about his visit.

They were all waiting for him in town. No way he would have ditched them and gone by himself up a hiking trail.

He had fought with his Dad the night before he went missing, because he wanted to go sleep over at his friends house. But his Dad said NO, he had to wait and see them the next morning. And then Dylan went mysteriously missing before he could even talk to his friends the next morning.

In fact, his communication with his friends stopped cold the night before, inexplicably.

So that is the long, rambling way to say 'NO, he did not fall down and hurt his head while hiking up the mountain. '

If he walked to the top of the mountain, then fell. I don't believe that he did. He was put up on that mountain after he was dead by his father, who killed him. It was caused by being struck with an object. (IMO, of course!)

I believe that you’re right. But....trying to explore what the defense attorney will say. Of course, the jury would have to believe that he walked to the top of the mountain on his own. Depending on his habits, that might not be a credible claim.

IDK---but the main problem is that there is no reason that Dylan would have been up hiking alone in that remote area.
He was so excited about coming to see his old friends. He had 3 very good school friends that he had grown up with and he missed them, after he moved away with his Mom. He had been texting back and forth for weeks, excited about his visit.

They were all waiting for him in town. No way he would have ditched them and gone by himself up a hiking trail.

He had fought with his Dad the night before he went missing, because he wanted to go sleep over at his friends house. But his Dad said NO, he had to wait and see them the next morning. And then Dylan went mysteriously missing before he could even talk to his friends the next morning.

In fact, his communication with his friends stopped cold the night before, inexplicably.

So that is the long, rambling way to say 'NO, he did not fall down and hurt his head while hiking up the mountain. '

Aha! Thank you!

The testimony of his friends is going to be very powerful. I feel better about the trial, even if the judge disallows the cadaver dog evidence.

I believe that you’re right. But....trying to explore what the defense attorney will say. Of course, the jury would have to believe that he walked to the top of the mountain on his own. Depending on his habits, that might not be a credible claim.

True, they will try to sell that story. That is what Dylan's drunken father has tried to sell all along. That his son got up, didn't reply to all the messages from his friends, and instead walked up a steep cliff by himself. Well, originally he said that Dylan got up, ignored calls from friends offering him a ride to town, and instead tried hitchhiking, and then he was kidnapped.

But his story changed after the remains were found, then he said Dylan must have gone up the mountain by himself.

True, they will try to sell that story. That is what Dylan's drunken father has tried to sell all along. That his son got up, didn't reply to all the messages from his friends, and instead walked up a steep cliff by himself. Well, originally he said that Dylan got up, ignored calls from friends offering him a ride to town, and instead tried hitchhiking, and then he was kidnapped.

But his story changed after the remains were found, then he said Dylan must have gone up the mountain by himself.

Right, katydid! That was AFTER he went fishing in Vallecito Lake with that missing fishing pole. (Yeah, right, MR -- he's got a million "stories"!)

Right, katydid! That was AFTER he went fishing in Vallecito Lake with that missing fishing pole. (Yeah, right, MR -- he's got a million "stories"!)

Yes, of course, how could I forget that mysterious missing fishing pole.

Also, we were expected to believe that MR offered Dylan a ride to his friend's house early that morning, but Dylan said no, Because he didn't want to get up. Ok, maybe...but then Dylan never called or texted his friends, nor replied to them when they called him?

And no evidence that Dylan called his dad that morning to ask him when he was returning?

We are supposed to believe that Dylan just spontaneously decided to walk up the mountain that morning. And bailed on his best friends.

The biggest problem for Mark Redwine's defense is that Dylan's blood was found inside his home.

As they searched for evidence into the disappearance and death of the teenage boy, investigators found his blood in multiple locations inside his father’s home, including a couch, the corner of a coffee table, on the floor beneath a rug and on a love seat.

The defense can try to exclude or mitigate the HRD dog alerts but how are they going to explain the blood evidence?

They may try to claim that all of that blood was from an earlier visit. Without anyway to prove that claim I'm not sure if a jury will buy it. Way to convenient.

The only hope that MR has is during jury selection. He will have to get at least one juror who dislikes LE and at the same time is sympathetic to him and hope for an acquittal or a hung jury.

It's happened in other cases but I seriously doubt it will happen in this one. JMO

Dylan Redwine: Docs. detail gruesome evidence

Yes, of course, how could I forget that mysterious missing fishing pole.

Also, we were expected to believe that MR offered Dylan a ride to his friend's house early that morning, but Dylan said no, Because he didn't want to get up. Ok, maybe...but then Dylan never called or texted his friends, nor replied to them when they called him?

And no evidence that Dylan called his dad that morning to ask him when he was returning?

We are supposed to believe that Dylan just spontaneously decided to walk up the mountain that morning. And bailed on his best friends.

Oh, Dylan was too busy watching what MR said was his favorite channel: Nickelodeon! Elaine said Dylan hadn't watched that channel in years!

Then, fully dressed, with his ball cap on, he continued to go back to sleep after refusing a ride from MR to take him to his friends' who he had been so excited about seeing. Then, he slept through repeated phone calls and text messages from his friends who were just waiting to see him!

Oh, but MR kept trying to reach Dylan while he ran his "errands". Knowing what a cheap *advertiser censored** MR is, do you think he'd have made another trip back to the Wal-Mart that they had just visited the night before to shop? I don't think so. He was sleeping because he had been up all night on that mountain disposing of his son.

He did supposedly see his lawyer that morning to drop off some papers, I believe, and claimed to have gone by his trucking company's office, but after those errands were done, I think he went home and slept until 4:30 p.m. or whenever time it was that he went to town to "find" Dylan.

I can't wait for this trial to begin. I believe that the prosecution has this all figured out and it will be interesting to see what really happened. I can even see MR wanting to testify in his own behalf, but his lawyers will not be recommending it. Hopefully, by the time the trial begins (unless he gets released before trial -- God forbid!), MR's bloodshot eyes will have cleared for lack of booze. That way we'll really be able to see how full of it he is!

Excuse me for coming off sounding like some sort of raving loon, but this case so sticks in my craw!

The biggest problem for Mark Redwine's defense is that Dylan's blood was found inside his home.

The defense can try to exclude or mitigate the HRD dog alerts but how are they going to explain the blood evidence?

They may try to claim that all of that blood was from an earlier visit. Without anyway to prove that claim I'm not sure if a jury will buy it. Way to convenient.

The only hope that MR has is during jury selection. He will have to get at least one juror who dislikes LE and at the same time is sympathetic to him and hope for an acquittal or a hung jury.

It's happened in other cases but I seriously doubt it will happen in this one. JMO

Thanks for the article, Ranch. So glad to read that the ex-wife will be testifying against MR. (At least, that's what I gather from the article.) I don't think MR has an ice cube's chance of escaping justice.

BBM^

I recall Dylan was so desperate to get out of his dad's house that he made his buddy promise to leave the sliding glass door open/unlocked so he could enter the house without delay or disruption. He planned and/or expected to arrive very early in the morning.

MOO

dbl post

Last edited:
dbl post

Last edited:
I'm sure the State will provide evidence of Dylan's plans for the morning he disappeared that never came to fruition.

It will be circumstantial evidence that Dylan was unable to go see his friends because his father killed him the night before. JMO

I just reread the indictment that's linked in the article I posted above and found that Dylan's blood was confirmed on a love seat and that he couldn't be eliminated as a contributor to blood "mixtures" found at other locations in the house.

I'm sure the defense will try and say that the "mixture" is not from Dylan and the blood found on the love seat was left at an earlier visit.

The only problem is that there was a significant fire in the house recently with a remodel that would have removed or cleaned up any blood.

MR also sealed the validity of the blood evidence by stating that Dylan had not suffered any injury at his house that would cause him to bleed since that remodel.

The blood evidence is the cornerstone of the State vs Mark Redwine IMO.

The more I think about Dylan's blood on the love seat the more I feel that it is powerful evidence of MR's guilt.

When I was a 13 year old boy I would occasionally injure myself and bleed.

It was always outside of the house. It either happened from crashing my bicycle or from playing rough outdoors and falling down on pavement or something of that nature.

At 13 I wasn't doing any kind of inside the house work that would cause me to have an accident and bleed on the furniture.

If I did injure myself and was bleeding I would come inside and get a band-aid, put it on so I wouldn't be bleeding all over that place.

I'm really interested in how the defense will answer the State's evidence. JMO

BBM^

I recall Dylan was so desperate to get out of his dad's house that he made his buddy promise to leave the sliding glass door open/unlocked so he could enter the house without delay or disruption. He planned and/or expected to arrive very early in the morning.

MOO
EXACTLY. He planned on getting dropped off by his Dad before his dad had to go to town.

If Dylan was tired he could have gone back to sleep at his friends because his friend already said he'd still be sleeping that morning.

I don't believe for a minute that Dylan refused a ride to his friends that morning.

EXACTLY. He planned on getting dropped off by his Dad before his dad had to go to town.

If Dylan was tired he could have gone back to sleep at his friends because his friend already said he'd still be sleeping that morning.

I don't believe for a minute that Dylan refused a ride to his friends that morning.
Yes.

The blood evidence found in MR's house tells us that something happened to Dylan the night before that caused him to be injured.

His recovered skull tells us that the injury was blunt force trauma that resulted in his death. JMO

I seem to remember something about a fireplace poker that was missing from perhaps a fireplace set at MR's place. My first thought, when I knew he used wood to either heat his house or for his fireplace was an ax. I believe that an ax was taken from the property by LE, but don't think anything was discovered by way of blood evidence on it. (I may be all wrong here, so don't take any this as fact!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay