Dylan Redwine's father’s trial in death of son, rescheduled to 18 September 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

The blood evidence found in MR's house tells us that something happened to Dylan the night before that caused him to be injured.

His recovered skull tells us that the injury was blunt force trauma that resulted in his death. JMO

I very much anticipate seeing the blood evidence presented via live feed. I wonder if we should remind Law & Crime that they have to show this trial.

Also, cadaver scent was detected on clothes Mark wore the night he picked up Dylan from the airport. I wonder if the clothing was tested for blood.

As they searched for evidence into the disappearance and death of the teenage boy, investigators found his blood in multiple locations inside his father’s home, including a couch, the corner of a coffee table, on the floor beneath a rug and on a love seat.

During another search, on Aug. 5, 2013, a K9 was introduced into the suspect’s home to find more clues into the boy’s death. The dog was able to sniff out the scent of a cadaver in various locations of Mark’s home, including the living room and the washing machine, as well as on the clothes Mark wore the night Dylan disappeared, the indictment shows.

On Feb. 13, 2014, another search with the K9 was conducted at Mark’s home, which pointed to the scent of a cadaver on Mark Redwine’s Dodge pick-up truck, including the bed of the truck.

Dylan Redwine: Docs. detail gruesome evidence

I wonder if Mark's ex-wife Betsy Horvath and her son (Dylan's half-brother) will be called to testify against him.

The indictment states that Betsy Horvath, Mark Redwine’s ex-wife, had voiced concerned that Mark may have hurt his own son.

She told investigators during an interview that Mark had previously said that if he ever had to get rid of a body, he would leave it out in the mountains.

Horvath and Redwine were married for six years and had two children together. When they divorced, there was a custody dispute.

When asked by Denver7 if she believed Mark killed his son, she replied, "Absolutely, because he was violent."

Denver7 legal analyst: DA has harmful evidence

Third, according to the grand jury indictment, Redwine had an odd conversation with Dylan Redwine's half-brother after prosecutors found some of Dylan's remains.

According to the paperwork, his father mentioned blunt force trauma to Dylan's half-brother multiple times and said investigators would need to find the skull to determine how Dylan died.

Legal expert: 3 pieces of evidence stand out in Dylan Redwine case

I'm sure Mark's attorneys will put up a good defense, but the totality of the evidence will refute all of their arguments. IMO.

Happy 4th to all you Americans! :)

mothwings said:
I very much anticipate seeing the blood evidence presented via live feed. I wonder if we should remind Law & Crime that they have to show this trial.

Why not CourtTV? Ask them.... since L&C aren't that good at showing trials & being a "little" bias on their tweets on what is actually happening in the court room!

Good summary there Indy Anna!

Justice for Dylan!
animated-smileys-occupations-079.gif

Why not CourtTV? Ask them.... since L&C aren't that good at showing trials & being a "little" bias on their tweets on what is actually happening in the court room!

Justice for Dylan!

Either way : )

I do agree with your assessment of L & C; poor footage and audio, not-so-professional, etc.

But whatever needs to happen to see this streamed/recorded.

I will email both!

Justice for Dylan!

CourtTV is horrible. I tried watching the Jennifer Fulford trial on it and there are loads of commercials and they skip large parts of the trial for their talking heads to give commentary. Seriously, what is the point? I wasn't around for CourtTV back in the day, so I'm not sure if it was like this back then.

The Law & Crime livestream of the Fulford trial was great--no talking heads and no commercials. The entire trial was streamed on their website, then they moved the video to their youtube channel after editing out court downtime.

I didn't realize how awesome Law & Crime is until trying to watch a trial on CourtTV. There is no comparison.

Does anyone know where I can watch the full episodes of the Redwine's on Dr. Phil? It appears only clips are available on YouTube. I've searched the net endlessly but no luck.

Does anyone know where I can watch the full episodes of the Redwine's on Dr. Phil? It appears only clips are available on YouTube. I've searched the net endlessly but no luck.

I couldn't find the Dr. Phil episode in its entirety either. There may be one here on the threads somewhere.

In the meantime, listen to this podcast interview conducted by Chelsea Hoffman on "Case to Case - Justice for Dylan Redwine - Mark Redwine Calls In":

Despite the title of this podcast, the interview is primarily with Elaine (Dylan's Mom). Finally, towards the end of the show, at 42:06, Mark Redwine calls into the podcast. Just listening to the few minutes that he speaks about Dylan's case arouses fresh feelings of outrage in me! He, of course, says that he disagrees with much of what Elaine said in her interview. I think it is telling that he also states that until Dylan's remains are found, and a cause of death can be determined, "we are talking in circles." I take this to mean that they can't cry murder and point a finger at him without this evidence.

Also, after Elaine's interview is concluded, at 40:04, there is a call in to the show. The caller is "Rodney," who vows that he is going to hold law enforcement's feet to the fire, as a citizen, because he thinks that they [fouled] up. Although Rodney is of no relation and has no connection to Dylan or his family, he believes that MR is guilty, and says that he is going to spend the rest of his life ensuring that MR is prosecuted. Later, when MR calls in (at 42:06), he blames Rodney for LE's renewed vigilance in surveilling him. (Rodney is a good man!)

Last edited:

Even without the compromising photographs, there's no lack of motives here. The contentious divorce, MR's having to pay child support, getting back at Elaine, being resentful of a teenager, and last but not least, the fact that he was a vindictive narcissistic drunk. I'm unsure of whether this was premeditated or not, but if I recall there were some indications that it might have been - one-way ticket maybe?

Even without the compromising photographs, there's no lack of motives here. The contentious divorce, MR's having to pay child support, getting back at Elaine, being resentful of a teenager, and last but not least, the fact that he was a vindictive narcissistic drunk. I'm unsure of whether this was premeditated or not, but if I recall there were some indications that it might have been - one-way ticket maybe?

I have a vague memory of the one-way ticket not being relevant—his mother was going to pick him up and bring him back?

Can anyone who knows more about the case clarify this?

I have a vague memory of the one-way ticket not being relevant—his mother was going to pick him up and bring him back?

I seem to remember some discussion on this subject on one of the threads. For whatever reason, it was not relevant I don't think.

re post in #110 from article:

Redwine pleaded not guilty on June 29 to second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death. A four-week jury trial is set to begin Nov. 26. If convicted, he could face 16 to 48 years in prison.

I have trial starting on 9/19....

Redwine is next scheduled to appear in court on Oct. 10 for a motions hearing, where a judge is expected to hear arguments and possibly rule on some of the motions filed by prosecutors and defense lawyers.

and this one ^ I have his next court date as 7/25.

Did someone change? Did I miss something with all the date changes??

for some reason I can not access the court site this morning -
http://www.7thjudicialdistrictco.org/docket-search/

If someone could check these dates for me? Just want to keep my notes straight! TIA! :)

Yes. They apparently split the cost. MR was responsible for the arrival and Elaine for his way back home to her. She had talked about maybe driving out to pick him up herself.

finally got into the court site - and I believe the article is wrong - here's what it has:

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
7/25/19
1:00 PM 1H REDWINE, MARK Status Conference D342017CR343 La Plata County Division 1

8/13/19
1:00 PM 1H REDWINE, MARK Status Conference D342017CR343 La Plata County Division 1

9/5/19
9:00 AM 1D REDWINE, MARK Pre-Trial Conference D342017CR343 La Plata County Division 1

9/19/19
8:30 AM 1D REDWINE, MARK Jury Trial D342017CR343 La Plata County Division 1

trial runs thru 10/18.

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

finally got into the court site - and I believe the article is wrong - here's what it has:

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
7/25/19

8/13/19

9/5/19
9:00 AM 1D REDWINE, MARK Pre-Trial Conference D342017CR343 La Plata County Division 1

9/19/19
8:30 AM 1D REDWINE, MARK Jury Trial D342017CR343 La Plata County Division 1

trial runs thru 10/18.

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

Thank you, Niner -- from all of us!

re post in #110 from article:

Redwine pleaded not guilty on June 29 to second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death. A four-week jury trial is set to begin Nov. 26. If convicted, he could face 16 to 48 years in prison.

I have trial starting on 9/19....

Redwine is next scheduled to appear in court on Oct. 10 for a motions hearing, where a judge is expected to hear arguments and possibly rule on some of the motions filed by prosecutors and defense lawyers.

and this one ^ I have his next court date as 7/25.

Did someone change? Did I miss something with all the date changes??

for some reason I can not access the court site this morning -
Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

If someone could check these dates for me? Just want to keep my notes straight! TIA! :)

That startled me too, when I first read it. However, the article, interesting though it is, is dated July 12, 2018. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop