Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Jury Trial - discussion *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN just mentioned a strange gesture that DT did walking out of the courtroom.

Said something like holding up his hand in the "gun" gesture. I was in the other room, so I am not sure of her exact wording.

Anyone else catch this?

I did. Apparently he had both index fingers pointing forward at his waist. Whatever that means??? Like bang bang your dead????

Well for me:

I feel sad that someone who had potential to be a "good" person, screwed up his life for a cause that made him commit such a heinous crime.

May he realize that this accomplished nothing for him and ruined/killed many lives (including his brother).

I'm sad.

The jury did a good job, IMO.

You are a good person. It's hard for me to feel sorrow for the wasted life of this convicted person. He was given SO much. An incredible amount by this country. He lived a good life here. In return, this is what he did.

And he has expressed no remorse, only a smug, hostile and stubborn F-U to everyone he murdered and maimed and those of us in the world who care. I have a hard time feeling anything but anger.

YESorNO - Thank you very much for your postings during the trial! I think I have followed along from the very beginning.

I normally think of Twitter as like the 'Dick and Jane' book of the internet and mostly can't stand tweets that pass for journalism and news these days. But, in this case, I think because you mostly stuck to the two reporters, it allowed me to follow the doings in the courtroom in almost real time. I thank you for that!

I am not in agreement with the verdict, but thankfully it was not my decision to make.

You know, I am being a hypocrite here. Because I am actually opposed to the death penalty. But contrary to my beliefs about the barbarity of it, I feel no unhappiness at the verdict today.

I am an example right now, I think, of emotion overcoming logic. My principles take a back seat at moments like this.

Thank you so much for keeping us posted , YESorNO !
I am in agreement with the jury. Tsarnaev (waste of air) put the jury through this as well. How dare he give the 'finger' to a country who did nothing except to accept him ?
How dare he place a lethal bomb next to innocent people including children ? :(
And don't tell me it was all because his older brother influenced him --- Dzhokhar could have just declined to participate-- or better yet, turned his brother in.
Rant over.

Hope the survivors and family members of the deceased can find some closure and healing !
:moo:

I'd like to say I have any feelings for this murderer, but I don't. Only heartache for the victims and their families or loved ones affected by his actions.
Good to see the system work.

YESorNO - Thank you very much for your postings during the trial! I think I have followed along from the very beginning.

I normally think of Twitter as like the 'Dick and Jane' book of the internet and mostly can't stand tweets that pass for journalism and news these days. But, in this case, I think because you mostly stuck to the two reporters, it allowed me to follow the doings in the courtroom in almost real time. I thank you for that!

I am not in agreement with the verdict, but thankfully it was not my decision to make.

BBM I picked the 2 reporters that I thought complemented each other and gave me the most info. :)

The parents of the boy killed in Boston didn’t want the death penalty for Tsarnaev. Here’s why.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ar-tsarnaevs-life/?postshare=8851431721081792
----------------------------------

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: at least a decade of appeals to follow death sentence

"Despite the dramatic news from court, the Boston Marathon bomber’s fate will take years to reach its conclusion: only three of 340 prisoners sentenced to federal death row have been executed in the last 50 years..."

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/may/15/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-death-sentence-marathon
-------------------------------------------

Death Penalty for Tsarnaev: Reaction to Verdict in Boston Marathon Attack

"Public officials said Friday that they hoped the death penalty for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev might bring closure to the families of the victims and help heal a city wounded by the Boston Marathon attack.

Here are some statements of reaction:..."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bo...okhar-tsarnaev-boston-marathon-attack-n359791

Boston Marathon bombing trial: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev sentenced to death by lethal injection

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...v-sentenced-to-death-by-lethal-injection.html
----------------------------------------------

Boston Marathon Bombing Trial Verdict: Jury Sentences Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to Death

http://www.wsj.com/articles/boston-...zhokhar-tsarnaev-to-death-1431718283?mod=e2fb

BN-IL395_BOSBOM_P_20150515165317.jpg

(A courtroom sketch shows Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev with his defense attorneys as a death sentence is read for his role in the deadly 2013 attack. ILLUSTRATION: JANE FLAVELL COLLINS/ASSOCIATED PRESS)

:laugh:Ha ha Massachusetts-you thought you got rid of the death penalty.

While I am disappointed with the sentence of death I will not mourn it. I am glad it is a decision I will never have to make.
I will remember the victims

Krystle Campbell

Lu Lingzi

Martin Richard

Sean Collier

and those who were injured. I will keep their families in my thoughts.

#BostonStrong

Thank you so very much YesorNo for all the tweets, news reports, thoughts and hard work on this thread. My husband was born and raised in Boston and his parents and brothers still live there. It was important for us both to follow this trial from beginning to end and you really made that possible.

Part of me feels wrong in wanting to celebrate the sentence of death, but all I have to do is see little Martins picture and think about what an awful death he had and how his little life was cut so short to change those feelings. I wish for crimes like terrorism and children there was a fast track to death. Way to go jury! i know such a decision has to weigh heavily and come with it's own set of emotions, but, I'm glad they decided that he is not worthy to share the air of the survivors of his attack. May he be fearful and uncomfortable until his time to answer comes.

I have just come to this thread, and one question has me curious.

Have his parents been present at the trial or have they disowned him?

I have just come to this thread, and one question has me curious.

Have his parents been present at the trial or have they disowned him?

Last I heard they said the govt is out to get him, they have not been at the trial, his mom cannot come back to the country because of a warrant issued for theft. He did have aunts and cousins who came, some who tearfully testified to what a good boy he was.

Hi all! Totally worn out but now HOME!
So had the opportunity to attend the promotion ceremony of Officer Richard "Dic" Donohue in Roxbury today (grew up in the parental town, knew them).
DH said he had a "gut feeling" (as a former homicide detective, his "gut" is to be listened!) that the verdict might be today so...off we went to Southie! Beside the glorious waterfront views, he noticed an increase in LE activity and lo & behold, found out that a verdict was IN! It was surreal to be there........almost complete silence as the documents were read in the courtroom & tweeted out....when DEATH was announced, those observing outside just QUIETLY said "thank you" and YES!. Stayed 'til the prosecution team came out & "chatted", DT did NOT speak to the cameras or public and some family members & victims DID speak too.
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was removed via federal & State police guard caravan back to FMC Devens (it will always be FORT Devens , Ayer, Mass. to me!)

Regarding the tweets: I mentioned to AP from Necn that her evaluation & tweeting was amazing in giving us the flavor of the courtroom & bragged about the amazing WS'er yesorno's skills!:loveyou:

Sorry in an earlier post mentioning the deceased I'd forgotten to mention Sean Collier.
From the statements of his family and friends -- he was loved and will be missed. :(

www.cbsnews.com/news/boston-maratho...rom-family-of-slain-mit-officer-sean-collier/

The mother of a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer killed by Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was so distraught by his death that she could not get out of bed for months, the officer's stepfather testified Wednesday.

FOUR precious lives gone and for what ? Senseless hate.

:moo:

Alysha Palumbo @AlyshaNECN · 3m 3 minutes ago
DETERMINATION OF SENTENCE: the jury weighed aggravating & mitigating factors to determine life or death
@NECN #Tsarnae

Alysha Palumbo @AlyshaNECN · 1m 1 minute ago
BREAKING: Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev has been sentenced to DEATH
@NECN

Alysha Palumbo @AlyshaNECN · 56s 56 seconds ago
The jury is not looking as #Tsarnaev as they affirm their death penalty verdict @NECN

Alysha Palumbo @AlyshaNECN · 21s 21 seconds ago
#Tsarnaev defense requests the jury be polled on their verdict @NECN

YESorNO thank you so much for all the post on this thread, very much appreciated. Thank you jurors for the correct verdict. Justice is served. jmo idk

I wonder if he will choose to speak at his formal sentencing? Part of me actually hope he does, I want to know what is going through his head as his actions are just so removed and stone cold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member