Ebola outbreak - general thread #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an interesting prospect! I wonder how expensive luminol is - if it would be cost prohibitive?

Oops, just a thought - luminol only shows blood, doesn't it? So it wouldn't work for sweat, tears, traces of vomit?

I thought they used luminol to find all types of body fluids on those shows about dirty hotel rooms. Maybe there is something else that can be used to find organic compounds?

How much did bill gates contribute last monrh ?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Dunno about last month but last I heard 60 million.

The Saudi Gov has contributed 300k. Guess the Saudi's ain't too worried about this infecting their country. :)

So does that mean the initial 48 are symptom free???? And have tested negative?

Or is it a play on words? Sorry but I am in sales, and want definitive statements (sales people just like politicians know all about spin).

There was a news update from the guy (I'm sorry, I can't remember his name) who has been doing all the official updates regarding the situation here in Dallas which specifically stated that all 48 contacts are symptom free, have passed the critical period, but will continue to be monitored.

Thank you for the link. To be clear, I was hoping for a link showing your comment, What this article says is that Bush meat also includes bats and rats, not just primates. The article goes on to say that So the most common cause of Ebola in humans is person to person contact, not eating bush meat. MOO

"Human-to-human contact then becomes the primary source of infection."

But only after West Africans eat infected bush meat and then pass it on through direct contact with other members of their family. The direct contact comes from when they care for sick family members who have Ebola BEFORE they die from it, or can come from their insistence to have the dead bodies returned to them after death.

And then we get back to the bats and rats debate which I mentioned earlier. Someone (earlier) accused me of excusing dogs and cats from spreading Ebola.

Still, as far as I know, dogs and cats DON'T spread ebola. I responded to an earlier post by saying that UNLESS you keep bats and street rats as pets here in the U.S. there's little chance of contracting Ebola, rabies, or any OTHER communicable disease. BUT it appears that West Africans EAT infected bats and rats. And hunt and eat infected primates.

Basically, my point is that it's been known for a LONG time that West Africans who insist on eating bush meat know their chances on being infected with Ebola, yet they continue to do it and then the disease spreads.

And here it is. In the U.S. and no one here in the U.S. seems to know what to do about it now that it's not just "over there" but right in our own backyard.

Look at the photo

http://wfdd.org/post/officials-outline-state-preparations-ebola
11:24 AM TUE OCTOBER 14, 2014

--McCrory is Gov. Pat McCrory

Now my question is: Did they have inside info to work with? Did all other states have same info?

People are criticizing the photo of an isolation WARD at a hospital somewehere..
I would like to tell you that IF, and it's a big if right now, but if a communicable disease which requires hospitalization for treatment should occur. no matter what the name of the infectious disease is, this IS what an adult isolation ward looks like.
It is extremely appropriate to put people with the confirmed same diagnosis in a closed ward away from other patients if there are many of them to treat.

I absolutely do not think this will be a reality for the USA, but in all honesty, I'm a bit surprised that people can even question whether or not this is a real photo of how mass isolation would be carried out. You don't see the caregivers, you don't see the sick patients with IVs, etc. but as we know, some infectious diseases can only be treated with supportive care en masse' at the present time.
Also, I think it would be stunning to ever see people in beds like these in Africa. They leave them outdoors to die like wild animals.
IOW. Americans, count your blessings.

What do critical care credentials allow you to do?

Critical care credentials don't allow a one nurse to do anymore that another nurse. It is a certification course in critical care, a type of advanced training. Having the certification gives one an edge in the job market and may even add a differential to hourly salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper