Ebola outbreak - general thread #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I see someone open the back of the ambulance without gloves?

My concern is that if the N95 mask ( without the valve) becomes wet, it becomes ineffective. Getting into and out of an isolation room takes time as does patient care. The unknown variable becomes depth of caregivers breathing, rate, and expired moisture. If Level 4 labs wear pressurized suits and have separate respirator systems, how is a mask and plasticized paper going to protect a front line healthcare worker? Where would you quarantine people? could you quarantine them together? For how long? who will be left when everyone is in quarantine?

www.uiowa.edu/~medtest

Nerdsb4, why do you want to fight about this? Why would I want to knock myself out? How cruel. As to whether it's airborne.....we will see. I pray with all my heart that you are the one Who is right about this. I would be the first to stand up and say I am stupid. The first!

Until then...maybe you better start praying too.

"The highly respected Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota just advised the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) that “there is scientific and epidemiologic evidence that Ebola virus has the potential to be transmitted via infectious aerosol particles,” including exhaled breath."
"CIDRAP is warning that surgical facemasks do not prevent transmission of Ebola, and healthcare professionals (HCP) must immediately be outfitted with full-hooded protective gear and powered air-purifying respirators."

CIDRAP since 2001 has been a global leader in addressing public health preparedness regarding emerging infectious diseases and bio-security responses. CIDRAP’s opinion on Ebola virus is there are “No proven pre- or post-exposure treatment modalities;” “A high case-fatality rate;” and “Unclear modes of transmission.”

"The highly respected Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota just advised the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) that “there is scientific and epidemiologic evidence that Ebola virus has the potential to be transmitted via infectious aerosol particles,” including exhaled breath."
"CIDRAP is warning that surgical facemasks do not prevent transmission of Ebola, and healthcare professionals (HCP) must immediately be outfitted with full-hooded protective gear and powered air-purifying respirators."

CIDRAP since 2001 has been a global leader in addressing public health preparedness regarding emerging infectious diseases and bio-security responses. CIDRAP’s opinion on Ebola virus is there are “No proven pre- or post-exposure treatment modalities;” “A high case-fatality rate;” and “Unclear modes of transmission.”

Would love to see this link, thanks.

Well, for what it's worth, she walked up a staircase into the airplane on her own power. That would suggest she is not yet deathly ill as we've been speculating.

Unknown Emory patient releases statement:

“Given the national focus on Ebola, particularly with the diagnosis in two health-care workers, I want to share the news that I am recovering from this disease, and that I anticipate being discharged very soon, free from the Ebola virus and able to return safely to my family and to my community," said the patient, who asked Emory for continued anonymity.

"As a result of the virus, my condition worsened and I became critically ill soon after I arrived at Emory. Through rigorous medical treatment, skillful nursing, and the full support of a health-care team, I am well on the way to a full recovery.

"I want the public to know that although Ebola is a serious, complex disease, it is possible to recover and return to a healthy life. I wish to retain my anonymity for now, but I anticipate sharing more information in future weeks as I complete my recovery.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...scharged-very-soon-free-from-the-ebola-virus/

"GRABOVO, Ukraine (AP) — Ukraine said a passenger plane carrying 295 people was shot down Thursday as it flew over the country, and both the government and the pro-Russia separatists fighting in the region denied any responsibility for downing the plane."

http://www.abc3340.com/story/260442...ne-shot-down-over-ukraine-watch-live-coverage

"Who was Glen Thomas and why have we never heard of him? He was only brought to my attention today when I came upon a link to an Italian website that explained that he was a leading consultant in Geneva who was an expert in AIDS and the Ebola virus, and he was on the Boeing 777 Malaysia Airlines that crashed in the Russian controlled border of Ukraine. On July 17th, he left Amsterdam to go to a conference in Melbourne, Australia, where there was apparently going to be an important announcement made."

http://www.lady-patriots.com/was-th...rus-murdered-on-boeing-777-malaysia-airlines/

Shut Up ! DeDEE ! :O
( i mean that in the sarcastic, omg, i love you way, js )

ETA I wonder what if he could be helpful at this time.

OMGosh!!! The plane was going to take off on another flight!!! Frontieer Airlines just cancelled it.

Yuk, I have no worries about a out of control thing, but it is depressing, its gross, to see men in space suits , poor nurse in a strethcher, on this the color of the sun when she was coming out of the ambulance and being placed into in the jet. Depressing. The color of the plane depressing.

Its yuk, like a trailer of a movie. Imagine just having people who talk to you sounding odd through the mask.

Nursing, are these folks, get , from fever when it gets high like delerious, out of it, so they dont have to feel anything, can they be just drugged, or could that make stuff worse, it would be better IMO if they counld just like go into a coma for 6 days, but would the vomiting make it so they cant be put out into la la land instead of lying there with martions walking around you,

It is depressing............................................

I thought it would be more :

Emory, they are the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, in Bethesda, Md., a hospital at the University of Nebraska in Omaha and St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Mt. The facilities in Atlanta and Omaha have successfully treated Americans infected with Ebola overseas without any healthcare workers contracting the virus. Though transporting future cases to these facilities may be prudent, they have limited beds: only 19 between them, according to CNN.

Excue me CNN until 19 beds are filled no one gets treated anywhere else Thank YOU

Citizens

Wolf is a moron He just said "The PResident will be speaking soom, as soon as he starts talking we will hear what he has to say"

Cant spell /type - is that the stupidest set of words in that order you have heard.........
http://time.com/3510197/ebola-cdc-hospitals/

[h=2][/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members