Ebola outbreak - general thread #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this Frontier plane just flying back and forth between Cleveland and Dallas or did it fly on to other places? Looking at their route map, it appears that they fly to all but maybe half a dozen states as well as like six foreign countries; all in North America or the Caribbean.

They just showed the transfer of the patient to the medical flight ambulance. There was a guy standing right there who was not garbed in any way whatsoever. What the hell are these people thinking? Even if only for PR purposes, I want to see people SUITED UP when they are shown on National TV within 4 ft. of a patient being transferred!

Obama on now.

Low temp girl here too. I never knew there were so many

Whenever I take a temp and it's over 98.7, I always ask "what is your normal temp?" There are a lot of low temp people. I would say A LOT of patients I assess at my facility have temps in the 97.2-97.9 range.

They just showed the transfer of the patient to the medical flight ambulance. There was a guy standing right there who was not garbed in any way whatsoever. What the hell are these people thinking? Even if only for PR purposes, I want to see people SUITED UP when they are shown on National TV within 4 ft. of a patient being transferred!

Obama on now.

I turned it on just in time to see that.

I want to use myself as an example??? GMAB.

Way to go, BO. Take one for the team.

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/11/3/pdfs/04-0981.pdf

This link that someone posted about dogs and ebola-- this paper is talking about the Ebola Z strain, which is NOT the strain we are currently dealing with.

It is the same strain. Ebola-Z is an abbreviation for Ebola Zaire which is the strain in the current outbreak.

Ebola virus causes fulminant hemorrhagic fever in both humans and nonhuman primates (1,2). The Zaire Ebola virus species (Ebola virus–Z), 1 of the 4 known species of Ebola virus, occurs in central Africa and kills 80% of infected persons within a few days (3,4). Ebola hemorrhagic fever occurs in rare epidemics, in which the index patient is often infected by an animal source, which indicates that Ebola hemorrhagic fever is a zoonotic dis- ease (5

Ohio's Dept. of Health doesn't have a physician in charge. Or on staff.

Last August, after leaving a vacancy at the head of Ohio's Department of Public Health for a long period, Gov. Kasich appointed the head of the Ohio Turnpike Commission to head up the Ohio Dept. of Health. He has no background or experience in health care or public health.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2014/08/01/health-director-named.html

Ohio law requires that the Commissioner of ODH be a physician, but currently, there is no MD in charge there. All they have is a physician who serves as the head of the Ohio Dept. of Medicaid (a very busy job), to serve as an interim "assistant" to ODH.

Was this Frontier plane just flying back and forth between Cleveland and Dallas or did it fly on to other places? Looking at their route map, it appears that they fly to all but maybe half a dozen states as well as like six foreign countries; all in North America or the Caribbean.

This particular plane made either 4 or 5 flights directly after the nurse was on it. Several of them were to Florida and then it went back to Dallas. There is an article somewhere on line that tells where all it flew to.

Nerdsb4, why do you want to fight about this? Why would I want to knock myself out? How cruel. As to whether it's airborne.....we will see. I pray with all my heart that you are the one Who is right about this. I would be the first to stand up and say I am stupid. The first!

Until then...maybe you better start praying too.

I certainly would never call you stupid. Concerned, just like we all are.

Well, for what it's worth, she walked up a staircase into the airplane on her own power. That would suggest she is not yet deathly ill as we've been speculating.

I think she isn't a match for Brantly to donate blood. So they can not treat her with transfusion and expecting her to get worse.

Clip board man without protection needs to be thrown in quarantine.

As a nurse, I am extremely concerned for Nina Pham, who, for some unknown reason, was not transferred to one of the 4 Level 4 Biohazard containment hospitals.. She cannot get the same level of care as this Vinson woman, because she's stuck at the hospital where she got sick in the first place and which is a doofus hospital that probably still can't use PPE correctly with an Ebola positive patient.

I WANT TO KNOW: Did Ms. Pham stay in Dallas because her BF is there, or did no one offer to transfer her?
She did everything right after being exposed in the line of her nursing duties. She let them take her dog- she didn't hide Bentley with a friend or relative. She went to the hospital, that awfully nasty hospital with waste piled to the ceiling in a room during Mr. Duncan's illness, and she willingly was admitted to isolation.

Why are there two levels of care being provided for two nurses who took care of Duncan? Did Vinson threaten to sue? I know how that works! It gets huge results in about 10 seconds. I just saw her climbing into the Lear Jet. While Nina Pham is stuck at a hospital known for not good things right now.

I want to use myself as an example??? GMAB.

Way to go, BO. Take one for the team.

IKR? And why he felt it necessary to specify he only "hugged and kissed nurses, and not doctors." Scratches my head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasApril87