Ebola outbreak - general thread #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live about 30 miles east of Cleveland. I'm supposed to take my kids for flu shots tonight, that worries me, now. I have to go to the dentist tomorrow, and, frankly, it worries me, as well.

Get your flu shots, keep yourself and the kids out of the ER/dr office this winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thing that really bothers me is a lot of us saw these new infections coming, and it could have been prevented.
It was so obvious this was going to happen because....***news flash CDC***.....people make mistakes and accidents do happen.

If the CDC did not expect someone to make a mistake in their protocol, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.
It is so upsetting. Grrrrrr.

I am guessing maybe this lastest nurse (Amber?) decided to fly home asap to start isolation? Or maybe felt sick and just wanted to go home?

Any of that could be true or it could have just been the day her flight was scheduled to go home.

Okay, but why return? And via mass transport? Boggles the mind, it really does.

Why on earth would she get on a plane knowing she wasn't in the clear? :facepalm:

Lock them ALL DOWN like Nigeria did, if they aren't going to be responsible and do it themselves.

The thanks button was not enough. You two just typed what I was about to.

I come from a family of nurses and my best friend is a retired nurse. I have so much respect for nurses, more than I do for doctors. With that said, none of the nurses I know would have been so irresponsible as to travel after caring for a patient like Duncan. Forced quarantine is necessary.

Get your flu shots, keep yourself and the kids out of the ER/dr office this winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True that!!! But dang....I'm even starting to get concerned about walking into my local Walgreens or any drug store where there might be sickies! Okay...I kid....but seriously...I am CONCERNED!

Another thing that really bothers me is a lot of us saw these new infections coming, and it could have been prevented.
It was so obvious this was going to happen because....***news flash CDC***.....people make mistakes and accidents do happen.

If the CDC did not expect someone to make a mistake in their protocol, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.
It is so upsetting. Grrrrrr.

In CDC defense, they did say that there would be cases in the US, but that there would not be an epidemic. Hopefully, that was not whitewashing. We shall see. JMO

Cdc is not perfect in fact I lost faith in them months ago when my step-dad got ill.. Long story short.. Healthy as a horse to hallucinating and needing help getting out of chair and peeing himself.. Bit through iv at hospital had blood infection.. Never found out from what.. They never even went to his home and they are on well water.. Guessed it was from dentist appointment he'd had months prior.. Never even went to dentist office to check that angle either.. So lost my faith right there.. He's lucky to be alive at this point.. The story is so much longer but that's it in a nutshell.

https://in.news.yahoo.com/says-w-af...till-expanding-geographically-125534583.html?

WHO says W.Africa Ebola outbreak still expanding geographically
ReutersReuters – Tue 14 Oct, 2014.

snipped

The number of Ebola cases in a vast outbreak in West Africa will go over 9,000 this week and the epidemic is still expanding geographically in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday.

The death toll so far in the outbreak, first reported in Guinea in March, has reached 4,447 from a total of 8,914 cases, said WHO assistant director general Bruce Aylward.

BBM

In CDC defense, they did say that there would be cases in the US, but that there would not be an epidemic. Hopefully, that was not whitewashing. We shall see. JMO

Yeah....kind of like the band playing when the Titanic was sinking.

So is the CDC going to send a team to Cleveland to trace anybody there that she might have been in contact with? Where does this stop?

Stay healthy tip: always use your own ink pen when having to sign a receipt or other. I hate how you have to use the stylus in the drugstore to sign on computer for prescriptions.

http://www.wbal.com/article/110334/21/funeral-homes-get-marching-orders-from-cdc-on-ebola?

Funeral Homes Get Marching Orders From CDC On Ebola

snipped
Michael Ruck Senior, owner of Ruck Funeral Homes says the guidelines state that if a person dies from Ebola, the body should be cremated immediately. If the family objects to cremation then the body will be buried immediately.

"There will be no visitation or viewing prior to the burial" says Ruck.

The bodies will not be embalmed. If the body is buried it will need to be in a hermetically sealed casket.

Just got this in my CNN alert email and am passing it along:

A second health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital who provided care for Thomas Eric Duncan has tested positive for Ebola, the state Department of Health said today.

The worker reported a fever Tuesday and was immediately isolated, hospital spokeswoman Carrie Williams said.

The facility will now begin monitoring all those who had contact with the unidentified worker for signs of potential exposures.

Get complete coverage of breaking news on CNN TV, CNN.com and CNN Mobile.

Per CNN: "nurses say Dallas hospital blew it"

I agree. Wonder how the docs in the ER are feeling? Bet they take their temp every 15 minutes.

So is the CDC going to send a team to Cleveland to trace anybody there that she might have been in contact with? Where does this stop?

No doubt.

I bet the CDC will have lots of job openings soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag