Ebola outbreak - general thread #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After listening to the CDC chief yesterday about "contact tracing", I decided to go to their website and read their own procedures. Below is the link to it, and it is obvious the main flaw in their process. They say "contacts are watched for signs of illness for 21 days". Well, no they really are not being watched at all. They are letting them roam freely around until they get sick. If they would have just isolated the initial contacts, there would be no other contacts to keep tracking. This process is really flawed in that regard. If the outbreak gets really bad with 100 or more cases, this process would not work because there is no way they could keep up with the number of contacts.

IMO, a simple change to isolate right from the beginning could fix their process. Once a full blown outbreak occurs, it is too late and tracking will quickly become not doable.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/contact-tracing.pdf

IDK, but the lack of possible new cases from the HCWs is probably the result of very strict protocols, plus the staff are likely also taking sensible precautions regarding their contact with others outside of the hospital.
What ever they're doing it seems to be working, and everyone should be following their lead. IMO

I believe that they are DECONTAMINATED before removing all the gear and they have their own isolated shower quarters and entrance/exits. I feel confident that they are virus-free. JMO

Yes, and we have graduated from airliners to cruise ships!!!! JMO

If there is a run on Amtrak, we will know this is a conspiracy because NO ONE rides on Amtrak anymore.
Shame really. I rode on them a few times as a kid in the west and northwest. It was so much fun !

IDK, but the lack of possible new cases from the HCWs is probably the result of very strict protocols, plus the staff are likely also taking sensible precautions regarding their contact with others outside of the hospital.
What ever they're doing it seems to be working, and everyone should be following their lead. IMO

Very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member