Ebola outbreak - general thread #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did call the CDC at some point during his second emergency admission. I believe the nephew called.

Not bashing AV here but, speaking for myself, I could not have boarded that plane. I just took two days off from work and school last week because I had a sore throat and a slight fever - not because I couldn't have physically done my job or go to my classes, but because I didn't know if it might be contagious and I didn't want to give it to my co-workers and classmates. That's just me though.

This. Times 100.

Terrorists- purposefully infected with Ebola, commit their suicides, by blowing themselves up at a densely occupied event or two.

How on earth could our hospitals safely take care of our health care officials and the victims? Heck, how long before they even figured out that they were infected to begin with?

12 days ago AC spoke with Louise (on 10/3) by phone and yet this week, while he's in Dallas, there's no phone/video interview with her. Being quarantined doesn't prevent phone/skype conversations. I would think she'd jump at the chance to announce to the world that she (and family) remain symptom-free to validate that she was right and had not been exposed to any of Eric's body fluids (Recall CNN/AC: "Ebola only spreads through infected bodily fluids. And it's distinctly possible that no one around Duncan got exposed to his. Louise said she didn't think she had"). I just think it's extremely odd that there has been no mention of Louise/family in the media recently, with the exception of her minister speaking to the media. But, again, why her minister? The phone worked on October 3, why not now? I can't shake the bad feeling I'm having about this - I hope I'm wrong. Guess we'll know by October 30th (QT 21 + 10 additional days)...

JMO ~

I agree, so odd, not one of the family of Louise speaking.............remember they are in an isolated gated community.........could mean anything as far as I am concerned. She loved Duncan and I am sure they were intimate and when he was sick she took care of him. If she is immune that would be great because she might have antibodies! JMOO

This is Dallas
ebola-nurse1.jpg

New York
1015ebolaprotective.jpg

Over there

140807091908-03-ebola-0807-horizontal-gallery.jpg

WHO

hazmat_crew_300_250.jpg

Not Sure!

cdc10.jpg

CDC

Google

[h=1]Ebola and the price of chocolate[/h]http://www.firstcoastnews.com/videos/money/2014/10/15/17323399/

Terrorists- purposefully infected with Ebola, commit their suicides, by blowing themselves up at a densely occupied event or two.

How on earth could our hospitals safely take care of our health care officials and the victims? Heck, how long before they even figured out that they were infected to begin with?

Don't put any ideas in their heads

They did call the CDC at some point during his second emergency admission. I believe the nephew called.

Thanks, I found it:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/eb...as-eric-duncans-nephew-i-had-call-cdc-n216326

That was the day "I called CDC to get some actions taken, because I was concerned for his life and he wasn't getting the appropriate care," Duncan's nephew, Josephus Weeks, told NBC News on Wednesday night. "I feared other people might also get infected if he wasn't taken care of, and so I called them to ask them why is it a patient that might be suspected of this disease was not getting appropriate care?"

...Weeks said the CDC referred him to the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, which spoke to him and then took appropriate action. "I called the CDC and they instructed me of the process, and that got the ball rolling," Weeks said.

A CDC spokesman told NBC News the agency could neither confirm nor deny Weeks' account. The hospital did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

I think this has kinda gotten off topic. Her reference and mine were to the enforcement and compliance Ebola protocols. In Omaha, the state and county health departments are working with UNMC to ensure compliance. It has nothing to do with the quality of other hospitals. Sorry if that was misunderstood.

JMO

I didn't respond to your post. I apologize, but I'm not sure if I even saw it. I've been jumping around a bit.
This was a response to another post entirely and was on topic as to that post. Hope that helps.

Even Koinadugu district, despite restricting movement...

From link above: "Koinadugu district registered its first two cases, bringing to 2,979 the number of confirmed infections in the west African nation, the Ministry of Health and Sanitation said in an e-mailed statement yesterday."

Article about efforts to contain population/prevent infection in Koinadugu district: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/ebola-outbreak-sierra-leone-is-battling-to-contain-the-virus-but-one-area-of-the-country-remains-untouched-9797137.html

FOX 4 News
2 mins ·
‪#‎BREAKING‬: CDC officials confirm to FOX 4 that they told ‪#‎Ebola‬ patient Amber Vinson it was OK for her to fly on Monday, even with a low grade fever... Vinson had called them & asked if it was OK to fly...
I thought an hr ago the CDC said she should NOT have flown ????

OMGosh. You did the right thing Amber. You called the CDC and they made a huge mistake in my opinion. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Prayers for her family as well.

Oh god help help help me Richard Qwest is now acting like a expert on Ebola - we all are screw#d!

Beep beep breaking now: according to Qwest the element of surprise is important here DUH !

People who have quit work casue of ebola:

there are members of staff who are canceling their contracts so that they don’t have to enter [rooms with Ebola cases]."

A group of assembled nurses were filmed throwing their examination gloves at the Prime Minister's car as he left the hospital after his remarks, yelling "go away" and “useless cowards,” according to Sky News and the Telegraph.

refusing to attend to possible Ebola cases at Madrid’s Carlos III hospital

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/10/madrid-hospital-staff-quit-ebola

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...fety-measures-as-more-people-enter-isolation/

(BBM)
Thanks, I found it:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/eb...as-eric-duncans-nephew-i-had-call-cdc-n216326

That was the day "I called CDC to get some actions taken, because I was concerned for his life and he wasn't getting the appropriate care," Duncan's nephew, Josephus Weeks, told NBC News on Wednesday night. "I feared other people might also get infected if he wasn't taken care of, and so I called them to ask them why is it a patient that might be suspected of this disease was not getting appropriate care?"

...Weeks said the CDC referred him to the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, which spoke to him and then took appropriate action. "I called the CDC and they instructed me of the process, and that got the ball rolling," Weeks said.

A CDC spokesman told NBC News the agency could neither confirm nor deny Weeks' account. The hospital did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

BBM^ Considering CDC's current record, I believe JW's account.

The flight to Dallas that AV was on also had many nurses from Cleveland headed to a conference. I would love to know if AV had conversation with any of them, and if so, just how much info she shared about her latest nursing experience. Not that it would make any difference in outcomes but I'd love to have been a fly on the wall.

Also, according to a previous post, the plane was done for the night in Dallas. I don't recall how long the virus can remain on surfaces. Hopefully the fact it was retired for the night means there would be less chance of spread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop