Ebola outbreak - general thread #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot wait to hear DPH response to Congress.

The problem with this is that you would have to keep it entirely to yourself, because if word got out (you tell someone in confidence, they tell someone...), someone would freak out and call and report you.

JMO ~

I'm pretty good at keeping things to myself. I'm self-employed and work from home in a pretty rural area. I often go days at a time without seeing anyone other than my husband. Oh, and we have a second house on the property, so it would even be a simple matter to self-isolate from my husband. It would be easier for me to self-isolate and keep it a secret than it would be for most people. So can I say a great deal of confidence, no, I absolutely would not report to the authorities, and I absolutely would simply self-isolate until either I developed symptoms or the incubation period was up with no symptoms.

Trust the authorities? :scared: Have you read Stephen King's "The Stand", or seen the miniseries? Well just call me Stu Redman.

LOL! Ain't that the truth. Call me Stu Redman too.

I love that calendar visual too. When I first saw a calendar with the dates for Duncan, it really showed how quick you can die from the point of getting sick. The speed of this disease is just amazing.

Wonder how fast it is compared to Bubonic Plagie?

Im watching the interview. They sure seemed to cut off that 1 person before his 5 minutes was up. I hope they are fair to all sides in this.

Maybe a hospital that actually wants patients to live AND their staff to be well prepared and safe at the same time can offer her a job :)

We can only hope she is not blackballed.

I'm pretty good at keeping things to myself. I'm self-employed and work from home in a pretty rural area. I often go days at a time without seeing anyone other than my husband. Oh, and we have a second house on the property, so it would even be a simple matter to self-isolate from my husband. It would be easier for me to self-isolate and keep it a secret than it would be for most people. So can I say a great deal of confidence, no, I absolutely would not report to the authorities, and I absolutely would simply self-isolate until either I developed symptoms or the incubation period was up with no symptoms.

Perfect set up, but let's hope you'll never have to put this plan into action.

Just introduction comments from house members: don't panic, isolate patients, take it seriously yadda yadda introducing panel now.

Witnesses:

Witnesses:
Dr. Thomas R. Frieden

Director
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Witness Testimony (Truth in Testimony and CV
Dr. Anthony Fauci

Director
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
National Institutes of Health
Witness Testimony (Truth in Testimony and CV)
Dr. Luciana Borio

Assistant Commissioner
Counterterrorism Policy
U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Dr. Robin Robinson

Director
Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Witness Testimony (Truth in Testimony and CV
Mr. John P. Wagner

Acting Assistant Commissioner
Office of Field Operations, Customs and Border Protection
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Dr. Daniel Varga

Chief Clinical Officer and Senior Vice President
Texas Health Resources
- See more at: http://energycommerce.house.gov/hea...-response-ebola-outbreak#sthash.M7JBxjz3.dpuf

Swearing in the witnesses. The last guy in on Skype or something...

I'm so mad. Having an anxiety attack. Hindsight shouldn't be the strategy. wth?

Chipmunk, you said, "Giving antibiotics just allows more room for a virus to grow, awful."

I've wondered about this as I read that in Sierra Leone that have a national policy now to treat pts. in their home by giving them gloves, rehydration, and antibiotics!

Can someone report the details?

So far they are giving 5 minutes for each person to talk about the crisis. Most share that they want more done to help stop the crisis. Both in Africa and here in US.

1 person made a good point that we could institute travel restrictions and still allow for travel for supplies + workers in Africa back and forth. It doesnt mean a stop to that.

Varga is on Skype--he is the hospital admin that always talks at the Dallas press confs.

Frieden: giving a sort of CV of his experience. "Ebola spreads only by direct contact..." "We know how to control Ebola..." "Finding the patients properly, isolating effectively, identifying contacts..."

Dr. Frieden just said he's glad to discuss the 'ebola epidemic., [emoji15]

CDC just told Congress that it is spread only by direct contact with an infected individual.

ETA: this could be further interpreted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member