Egypt Air flight 804 missing, 19 May 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CARIIS! I think it's amazing you were right on target with your thinking. I've often thought of this thread but haven't had much spare time. I kept thinking it was deliberate or some form of terrorism. When it comes to planes, you usually nail it. It's so hard for me to wrap my head around why so many flights would go on without proper routine maintenance. That's sooo totally inconsiderate and greedy to put so many lives in jeopardy just to make a quick buck. I wonder, have they changed their habits? Are the planes now checked out professionally before each segment? Kudos for getting it right the first time!

And JohnPaul too! I'm trying to catch up so see everything I missed and noticed I forgot to thank you as well.

TNT traces on EgyptAir plane debris split investigators - Le Figaro

French investigators who found trace levels of the explosive material TNT on debris of an EgyptAir plane that crashed in May were prevented from further examining it, Le Figaro reported on Friday, a charge Egyptian officials denied.

The origin of the traces remains unclear and Egyptian judicial authorities did not allow French investigators to examine the debris in detail, Le Figaro said, citing a source close to the investigation.

Egypt wishes to write a joint report with France to validate the presence of TNT on the debris. France has refused to do this because the investigators were not able to carry out an adequate inspection to determine how the traces could have got there, Le Figaro said.

cariis! I think it's amazing you were right on target with your thinking. I've often thought of this thread but haven't had much spare time. I kept thinking it was deliberate or some form of terrorism. When it comes to planes, you usually nail it. It's so hard for me to wrap my head around why so many flights would go on without proper routine maintenance. That's sooo totally inconsiderate and greedy to put so many lives in jeopardy just to make a quick buck. I wonder, have they changed their habits? Are the planes now checked out professionally before each segment? Kudos for getting it right the first time!

i ty!

IMO cause they put it there!! And the know that French would be tell so.

So, if the French say that and the egypt folks say that did let them why not the french see it again

only one reason MOO

It was early, for some reason I was thinking the MH flight shot down by Russians.

I agree; sounds like Egypt Air doesn't want people knowing it exploded in flight due to maintenence issues so they planted explosive residue on it for the French to find but now won't let them do more testing.

Pretty sleazy. They've been owned! Pay up and maintain your planes people or pay the ultimate price. They should go to prison

Here's a better article

http://jalopnik.com/explosive-traces-discovered-on-egyptair-flight-804-debr-1786803450

"A plane crash that killed 66 passengers could have been caused by the pilot charging his iPad incorrectly in the cockpit.

French authorities have ordered an investigation into whether the EgyptAir flight MS804 was brought down by a fire caused by overheating mobile devices.

It is believed CCTV footage shows the first officer had placed a tablet and bottle of perfume on an instrument panel close to where the blaze is believed to have started."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/plane-crash-killed-66-could-10577723

“Overheating Apple devices caused an EgyptAir plane to crash into the Mediterranean, the families of those who died claim in a lawsuit against the technology giant and the airline.

EgyptAir flight 804 flight went down in the Mediterranean while en route from Paris to Cairo in May 2016, killing 40 Egyptians, 15 French citizens, and one Briton.

Now it has been reported several of the victims claim the crash was down to the co-pilot's iPhone 6S or iPad mini overheating in the cockpit and catching fire.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ne-cockpit-claim-relatives.html#ixzz5FIv5k3hy

'Pilot's cigarette sparked blaze on board EgyptAir jet that crashed in 2016', report claims | Daily Mail Online

"A report conducted by French aviation experts has concluded that the crash of EgyptAir flight MS804 in 2016, which killed all 66 people on board, was likely caused by a fire sparked from a pilot's cigarette.

Flight MS804 was bound from Paris's Charles de Gaulle airport to Cairo, but plunged into the sea between Crete and the northern coast of Egypt after disappearing from radars on May 19, 2016.

France's Bureau of Enquiry and Analysis for Civil Aviation Safety (BEA) initially suspected that there was a mechanical failure or inadequacy that led to the crash, while Egypt refused to publish a report into the tragic incident and claimed the plane had been subject to a terrorist attack.

A 2018 BEA report concluded the crash had been caused by a fire on board the aircraft upon analysis of black box data, but stopped short of establishing a specific reason as to why the fire was ignited.

But a new report, which was sent to a Parisian court last month at the request of French judges - a copy of which has been seen by Italian daily Corriere della Sera - concluded the fire was likely caused by the cigarette of a smoking pilot, which ignited oxygen that had leaked from one of the pilot's oxygen masks."

What does emergency mode mean?

Another link.

A 134-page document submitted to the Court of Appeals in Paris last month said investigators determined that the burning cigarette combined with escaping oxygen from the co-pilot's mask and caused a fire on board Flight 804, according to a report from Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera.

The co-pilot's oxygen mask had been changed three days prior to the crash and set to "emergency mode," according to the report, and a fire was triggered after leaked oxygen was sparked by the lit cigarette.

A deadly 2016 plane crash was caused by the pilot's lit cigarette in the cockpit, investigation reportedly finds

I guess this link explains emergency mode.

The experts in particular isolated two "rustling" sounds coming from the microphone incorporated into the co-pilot's mask, a few minutes before the accident, probably indicating a strong flow of air, the mask having been put on "emergency" mode.

The fire itself was started by "a spark or a flame" probably caused by a cigarette.

Plane crash that killed 66 likely caused by pilot's cigarette, report finds

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back