Egypt Air flight 804 missing, 19 May 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[video=twitter;733287389209075712]https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/733287389209075712[/video]

Remember also that the A320 is not a traditional "fly by wire" plane. It's a digital fly by wire. (No actual cables.)

http://www.airbus.com/innovation/proven-concepts/in-operations/fly-by-wire/

A way to visualize this is that the pilots do not have a "wheel" in front of them to control the aircraft. It is a joystick (yes identical to a video game!) that is located kinda like where our door handles are on our cars!

All airbus aircraft are controlled this way, while Boeing wants its flight crew to be in control at all times

Airbus design thery = computers better than us
Boeing design theory= humans are better than computers

There are huge aviation debates about fly by wire vs traditionial design!

K, I am a Boeing man --you??

maxresdefault.jpg

I never liked their desgn thinking. I just cant help but thinking the very first debut the day the tehcnology was introduced to the world went like this , had a lasting impact! However in fairness to Airbus, they have slaughtered us in terms of how the aviation business is these days!

I remember it vividly- "how many seats did you say you needed?"

Her debut :

[video=youtube;KEH7OpnA-I4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEH7OpnA-I4[/video]

Another live update link.

http://www.dw.com/en/egyptair-plane-missing-live-updates/a-19267125

13:17: Greek military spokesman Vassilis Beletsiotis has confirmed the discovery of debris, close to the Mediterranean search area.
"There have been finds southeast of Crete, inside the Cairo flight information area," Beletsiotis said. An Egyptian C-130 plane also spotted the floating objects. Ship are being sent to investigate.

KC has an awesome notion. We need to find out if the route was normally operated using 737 equipment or did the A320 typically run this route.

An equipeent change could be very important it a terrorist context. If in fact there was an equipement change, they reputes everyone reports thus far that all operations at departure airport were all rosy!!

With the amount of hours they had I am not sure if the flight crew could have cert for both 737 and A320 (possible), but most likely mandate a different cockpit crew...

Airlines crash history :

March 1972 A flight from Cairo to Aden in South Yemen crashed into the Shamsan Mountains on approach to Aden killing all 30 onboard.

August 1976 A Cairo to Luxor flight was hijacked by three armed gunmen

December 1976 A flight flying from Cairo to Don Mueang International Airportn Bangkok crashed

October 1982 A flight from Cairo to Geneva landed 50m before the runway, bounced, slid off the left hand side of the runway,

November 1985 An Athens bound jet was stormed by Egyptian forces at Malta airport after three armed hijackers executed five hostages when local authorities refused to refuel the aircraft.

October 1993 A flight to Yemen was hijacked by an attacker with a large knife.

March 1996 An Egyptian man and his teenage son hijacked a flight from Luxor. T

October 1999 A flight from Los Angeles to Cairo via stopover at New York's JFK airport crashed into the Atlantic Ocean 60 miles off the US coast. All 217 people onboard were killed. An investigation found the crash was deliberately caused by the relief first officer for unknown reasons.

May 2000 A man brandishing a jar of hair gel claimed he had a bomb and demanded to be taken to Afghanistan. The crew of the Aswan-bound internal flight over-powered the attacker

May 2002 A flight from Cairo to Tunis crashed into a hill near the Tunis-Carthage International airport in sandstorm conditions. 1

October 2009 A Sudanese man pulled a knife on a female flight attendant and was overpowered by two security officials on a flight from Istanbul to Cairo.

July 2011 A flight from Cairo to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia suffered a fire in the cockpit wile on the ground

March 2016 An internal flight from Alexandria to Cairo was hijacked

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/egyptair-flight-ms804-missing-history-of-incidents-involving-airline-mediterranean-airbus-a320-a7037161.html

I am here

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights

not having luck finding the history of the segment, in order to determine aircraft type typically used on this segment
its listed formally as MS804

help!

Greek state TV reported that debris had been spotted in the Mediterranean, but the objects were nowhere near the area where it is thought to have gone down.

lost link sorry

"France’s parliament has confirmed a two-month extension of the state of emergency that has been in place since November’s attacks on Paris. The extension will cover the Euro 2016 football tournament and the Tour de France."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/may/19/egyptair-plane-cairo-paris-live-updates

So do you read this as they are just being paranoid or that they are leaning towards this being a terrorist attack?

Edited to add, yes I would completelu understand them being paranoid

I would go with both - they are leaning towards the crash being terrorism and they are paranoid. Although I would steer away from the word paranoid since it has a negative connotation of unnecessarily excessive worry. Even if this isn't terrorism, France and the rest of Europe, have a very legitimate reason to be in a state of emergency.

Good to see you too CARIIS

Yes it is great to see everyone again it's a shame yet another aviation tragedy has occurred. Half my family is flying to the Mediterranean on Saturday for a cruise naturally this incident is of concern. It's just terrible those poor people including infants.

Thanks for all your news updates and discussion as always it's great to come here and get information you might not have seen on your own.

I would go with both - they are leaning towards the crash being terrorism and they are paranoid. Although I would steer away from the word paranoid since it has a negative connotation of unnecessarily excessive worry. Even if this isn't terrorism, France and the rest of Europe, have a very legitimate reason to be in a state of emergency.

I'm fairly certain that the French government announced that it would seek to extend the current state of emergency, back in April. The current one was due to expire sometime next week as I recall. It had to be voted through parliament there to get an extension. But I can't find a link so I could be making this all up! :thinking:

I think it's absolutely a reasonable step to take - and not at all 'paranoid' - in preparation for the Euros.

Edited : found some links. I was in France at the time the announcement was made and was beginning to think that I'd imagined it ! Here's one of them dated 20 April. :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36089675

And we meet again CARIIS! I get a sense of dejavu.
These mysterious downings. There's plenty of warships in the gulf. Hopefully they've re routed a couple round to help in the search. As there maybe a rescue situation too if they move quick enough.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

a dash of levity at this moment!

CNN just asked an expert that since the Sea is smaller than the ocean would that make the plane be in bigger chunks

????????????????????????????????????????????

Paris/Cairo, which share the same time zone:

11:09 p.m. Wednesday (5:09 p.m. ET Wednesday) -- Flight 804 takes off from Paris' Charles de Gaulle Airport. It's supposed to arrive in Cairo about four hours later, at 3:15 a.m. Thursday.
1:24 a.m. Thursday (7:24 p.m. ET Wednesday) -- The Airbus A320 enters Greek airspace. Athens air traffic control authorizes the plane to continue its course.
1:48 a.m. -- Still in Greek airspace, the plane checks in at the next control point -- Key Island, south of Athens. The pilot was cheerful and thanked the air traffic controllers, the Hellenic (Greek) Civil Aviation Authority said.
2:27 a.m. -- Athens air traffic control tries to contact the pilots to transfer communications control from Greece to Egypt. Despite repeated calls, the pilots did not respond.
2:29 a.m. -- At about the same time the aircraft leaves Greek airspace, its signal drops from radar 13 kilometers (8 miles) south-southeast of Kumbi, an aviation reporting point in the Mediterranean Sea. Immediately afterward, the Greek Air Force was summoned for possible radar target tracking. But the plane has not been found.
2:45 a.m. -- Search-and-rescue operations begin, according to Greek officials.

CNN

Ntsb just offerred to help if they will ask.......................

MSNBC both france egypt have been on ISIS radar recently. ISIS rarely takes more than 12 hours to claim credit

Interestingly France 24 since last night to now has given minimal coverage compared to all others I have been cruising about !!

56 passengers 10 crew--3 security - 2 pilots - they must give great service -- 5 in the cabin for 56 folks is amazing ratio!!

In American skies there would only two !!

Minimal is 1 to 50 per Wiki!

CNN just asked an expert that since the Sea is smaller than the ocean would that make the plane be in bigger chunks

Oh please tell me you are kidding!! Good grief!!

They report like the audience are in kindergarten at times. Have they brought out Mary & Richard Quest for supposed expert analysis yet?

Oh please tell me you are kidding!! Good grief!!

It is with much regret that I must inform you, that i was not kidding. I appreciate your shock, it was in line with mine!!

Hi my dear Trigger!!

tid bits

The airline has warned media repeatedly on Thursday about unverified information relating to the disappearance of Flight MS804

At the request of the Greek government, a U.S. Navy P-3 aircraft has joined the search

NBC

IT kinda makes me think Egypt stalled getting over debris feld, hoping it would sink. MAL 370 made some since (only intially) it was out in the middle of the ocean. The notion that, 80 miles off shore, 20 minutes from landing all day today nothing .

The only thing that comes to mind is that the decompression was so catrasphic that the plane was disintegrated into such small pieces, resulting in a super wide debris field of minute pieces.

Interesting RE TWA 800
The sea speaks in many voices. On that first morning after the explosion of TWA Flight 800, amid the overwhelming stench of burning jet fuel and the plane's charred remains, hundreds of letters floated on the surface of the Atlantic, un anchored memories of diplomats, designers, doctors and teenagers. A postcard of the Statue of Liberty had become an interrupted souvenir, an image of the monument born in France that never made its way home. Out of a camera bag fished from the waste came a list in pencil, in what seemed to be a young girl's handwriting. Amy: light pink, size 8. Corry: dress. Steph: orange or hunter green--the plan for a spree in Paris, transformed into a haiku of loss. And somewhere lost in the waters too is an unuttered promise, a diamond ring to accompany a proposal to a lover who must now long for the rest of her life. The miasma off the beaches of New York was the cruelest of elements, mixing the memory and desires of the dead with the terror and fears of the living......................................

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,136272,00.html

I am sorry to say, that i was not kidding. I appreciate your shock, it was in line with mine!!

I just switched on CNN that we get here (UK) and switched it off within 5 seconds!

Last night on FOX the newscaster's phone alarm went off on air. She says, "Oh, that's my alarm." Guess she hadn't planned to come in to work. Sigh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsm2024
Back