Egypt Air flight 804 missing, 19 May 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just got a CNN push alert. "We have found the wreckage."

Phoebe Lanzer Wood ‏@PhoebeLondon 2m2 minutes ago
#Breaking: Reports that Islamic State Group has claimed responsibility for downed #EgyptAirMS804 plane. #MS804

https://twitter.com/PhoebeLondon

[emoji35]
I wouldn't doubt it if they are responsible. They are more than willing and able.
I also think they'd claim responsibility for any catastrophe even if they had nothing to do with it... including earthquakes, hurricanes, and tornadoes! I've always wondered how the US can definitively confirm an ISIS statement to be fact. Especially when I consider the fact how they couldn't even extract data from the San Bernardino phone without the help of a hacker.

ETA: I've always wondered if the US government has grossly exaggerated their security/spy skills and at the same time they made it all appear to be super secretive... just so that US citizens will feel safe while other countries fear our capabilities.

Speaking of CNN...Saying it was a bomb also.

[video=twitter;733335910595563520]https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/status/733335910595563520[/video]

CNN NewsroomVerified account
‏@CNNnewsroom
#BREAKING: Speaking exclusively to @camanpour from Cairo, #EgyptAir VP said: “We have found the wreckage”

Fox News way-y-y-y behind. Still saying wreckage hasn't been found.

Speaking of CNN...Saying it was a bomb also.

[video=twitter;733335910595563520]https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/status/733335910595563520[/video]

CNN NewsroomVerified account
‏@CNNnewsroom
#BREAKING: Speaking exclusively to @camanpour from Cairo, #EgyptAir VP said: “We have found the wreckage”

Earlier CNN also read the statement that they had found the wreckage. Talking head said what does that mean? Is the plane floating on the surface? Have they already employed sent down divers who have seen the plane? Are they referring to the debris found floating on the surface?

Rueters: some debris blue and white

MSNBC just aired a animation - it almost looked as if there was wrestling in the cockpit ??

Will try to post when it is not live. I guess it could be the rudder or stablizer falling off.

250px-Tail_of_a_conventional_aircraft.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stabilizer_(aeronautics)

[emoji35]
I've always wondered how the US can definitively confirm an ISIS statement to be fact.

When the IRA and INLA used to claim responsibility for something in a call to one or more newspapers, they used to use codewords to authenticate the claims. The newsdesks at the legitimate media outlets all knew the codewords and claims would only be accepted as being from a genuine source if the codeword was given. Perhaps Daesh are using a similar technique.

They report like the audience are in kindergarten at times. Have they brought out Mary & Richard Quest for supposed expert analysis yet?

Yes Mary was on it already! Her book, however, years ago , was awesome!!

oh Greg you know what richard does to me, moron champian at CNN

however I do appreciate the refresher to stay with MSNBC , SKy news , that media outlet out in the Amazon Jungle!!

But I have a confession, at times, when I am really in the mood for a sitcom during a breaking aviation accident, I do enjoy posting some of his inane thinking patterns.

But love Ashley!! And have grown to like Brooks (tough at first)! Wolf' pacing drives me bonkers, listen he talks in 3-4 word bursts and then a tiny pause. There is never a fluid statement. It like utterances, or like he runs out of air quickly! I guess in a way it makes sense, wolves howl at take a short break!!

Rueters: some debris blue and white

MSNBC just aired a animation - it almost looked as if there was wrestling in the cockpit ??

Will try to post when it is not live. I guess it could be the rudder or stablizer falling off.

250px-Tail_of_a_conventional_aircraft.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stabilizer_(aeronautics)

A bit OT, last night while watching coverage my eyes blurred map seeing Paris spelled as Pariis. Immediately thought take C from Cairo and we have Cariis whom we knew was also watching :)

oh Greg you know what richard does to me, moron champian at CNN

however I do appreciate the refresher to stay with MSNBC , SKy news , that media outlet out in the Amazon Jungle!!

But I have a confession, at times, when I am really in the mood for a sitcom during a breaking aviation accident, I do enjoy posting some of his inane thinking patterns.

But love Ashley!! And have grown to like Brooks (tough at first)! Wolf' pacing drives me bonkers, listen he talks in 3-4 word bursts and then a tiny pause. It like utterances!

Off topic
It drove me bonkers too during the aftermath of MH370 listening to hours and hours of nonsense. I don't really watch CNN anymore apart from New Year as I like Kathy Griffin & Anderson Cooper I sometimes watch his show. Mary's analysis is normally great but she was asked stupid questions during segments.

On topic

Fox News and Sky news UK have had great coverage today I just hope it doesn't take a long time to determine what happened here because it has major implications.

Fox News expert is suggesting the cockpit might have been taken over but you would hope the three security personnel would prevent this.

OT humor is a blessing in these cases. :grouphug:

I'm having a difficult time believing they recently found crash site. Greece has a good reason for confirming and assisting quickly, money, fairly recent banking issues, EU regs applied. Egypt has good reason to delay as tourism has dropped off since 2011, Arab Spring then Russian plane that was downed now this. Their economy has taken a massive hit.

Shipping lanes:
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:27/centery:35/zoom:7

Commercial flights over area:
https://www.flightradar24.com/32.89,28.89/7

Fox News expert is suggesting the cockpit might have been taken over but you would hope the three security personnel would prevent this.

That sounds very unlikely, though obviously not impossible. I'm guessing that part of the allowing Egyptair to fly into and out of Europe includes the airline having barricaded cockpit doors like the one which prevented the Germanwings pilot breaking into the cockpit last year.

This is what is says about terrorism in Eritrea on my countries government travel advice website.

Terrorism
There is a low threat from terrorism in Eritrea; however some terrorist incidents have been reported along the border with Ethiopia.
In planning your activities, consider the kind of places known to be terrorist targets and the level of security provided. Possible targets include government and military interests, clubs, restaurants, bars, schools, places of worship, outdoor recreation events, markets, public transport and tourist areas. Airports and aircraft are also possible targets.

http://smartraveller.gov.au/countries/eritrea

So.... pretty much everywhere in the country.

Does this sound right? The island appears north west of last known location.
EGYPTAIR
52 minutes ago
Press Release
EGYPTAIR resource stated that the Egyptian Ministry of Civil Aviation has just received an official letter from the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs declaring the finding of wreckage of the missing aircraft No. MS 804 near Karpathos Island.
EGYPTAIR sincerely conveys its deepest sorrow to the families and friends of the passengers onboard Flight MS804. Family members of passengers and crew have been already informed and we extend our deepest sympathies to those affected. Meanwhile, the Egyptian Investigation Team in co-operation with the Greek counterpart are still searching for other remains of the missing plane.

A bit OT, last night while watching coverage my eyes blurred map seeing Paris spelled as Pariis. Immediately thought take C from Cairo and we have Cariis whom we knew was also watching :)

Hi you!

That if funny - the typing /spelling fits in perfect as well - crackin up!!

I did not tell you I am doing there graphics from home!! The sea that it crashed in I would mess up every time!!!

This is just mo, but in my book, every news agency should turn of the "breaking news" deal. Could just be me but something that occurred what 28 hours ago is no longer breaking. I think a banner with "new INfo" might be more meaningful- ha!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mareno
Back