Egypt Air flight 804 missing, 19 May 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.cp24.com/news/dion-confirms-2-canadians-on-egyptair-plane-that-crashed-1.2909380
OTTAWA -- Foreign Affairs Minister Stephane Dion says two Canadian citizens were among the passengers on EgyptAir flight MS804 that crashed while travelling from Paris to Cairo.

Dion says Global Affairs Canada is providing consular assistance to the families and officials are working closely with authorities to confirm whether there were any additional Canadian citizens on board.

"On behalf of the Government of Canada and all Canadians, our thoughts are with the families and loved ones of the victims on board EgyptAir flight MS804," Dion said in a statement.

So has Greece. My father used to tell me never to fly out of Greece because their airport security was so bad.

I've flown out of Zakynthos and can well believe this they never even bothered checking our passports when we landed that's how bad it is. The airport was like it belonged to a third world country.

I'm very concerned that events like this are going to be repeated during the busy imminent summer months for maximum terror. I hope to God I'm wrong.

Rewind MSNBC is saying Greece is now saying that it is not airplane debris - I give up!!

I know! They showed photos of yellow life jackets! Are they not counting that as debris?

Taking my husband to the airport in 30 minutes. :(

Somehow cannot imagine sniffer dogs or airport staff rifling though airline food and drink, might they contain explosives before reaching passenger stomachs?
speculation, imo.

BBM. I think you're onto something. We learned about this story about midnight last night, and they reported that Flightview.com or one of those type of sites, reported the change in scheduled planes. My immediate thoughts were that because of that a bomb was placed on the flight. It was 25 min. delayed departure, so if they'd left on time, it would've crashed that much farther out than Egypt.

That's really interesting about the delay in flight.

Trying to think this through. So if we assume the bomb was set to go off at a certain time it would have exploded further on land rather than out on the water like it did.

Link below shows plane probably crashed in the sea near the land. So if it had crashed at specific time but plane was further along in its flight with no delay then plane would have been further onto land I would think.

Now another thing to consider is some of the remote controlled bombs are set off by cell phones being used to complete the circuit of the bomb. If someone calls the phone setup in the bomb then the ringing of the phone sets the bomb off. So is it possible that there was just no cell phone signal until the plane got close enough to land and then all of a suddent the phone call went through and plane blew up. There could have been a terrorist constantly ringing the phone from somewhere near the shore and as soon as plane got close enough to get a signal then BOOM.

If so then it means any suspicous looking person on his phone near the shoreline would need to be questioned.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...route-of-egyptair-flight-ms804-before-it-los/

Are planes currently checked for bombs before they fly out if they left airports like Cairo earlier in the day? I wish this could be done but I know planes sometimes only have a 30 minute turnaround time between flights so I don't know if it could be implemented.

Yes Egypt heading the investigation is very concerning. All nations with passengers onboard should be equally involved.

In the Western world the aircraft maker, the folks who design the computers, the pilot union , the FAA , engine maker, airline, tons of folks are can be ordered to particpate in investigation - cause western world goal is to find out what happened to avoid it happening again. Peroid.

The beginning of the NTSB hearings it takes about 40 minutes (no joke) to introduce everyone at the hearing.

Its actually amazing process. I know this video is 11 hours - but a couple of minutes will give you an idea - its actually like a courtroom. I know I am nuts , but it is really cool to see a govt agency do its job and do it well.

I picked this one cause I loved the chair of the dept !! Lady in red. She is awesome!! The new guy now (she moved to the Safety council ) is pretty impressive as well IMO

Go around 14:00 for several minutes. Then slide up like two hours whatever and you can see the actual process!

you will get an idea of how Western (this France Britain etc etc) cause they WANT as much help as they can get!!

They had to do this one a little different cause wheather wiped it out the day before , and people from all over the world flew in and had flights to go back to their countries!!

[video=youtube;9X-gmagrMjs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X-gmagrMjs[/video]

Parties and party participants in the investigation shall be responsive to the direction ofNTSB personnel and may lose party status if they conduct themselves in a manner prejudicialto the investigation or do not comply with NTSB instructions.Each participating party will designate a party coordinator (spokesman) for its organization.The party coordinator will be the NTSB’s direct and official point-of-contact for theparty and should, therefore, be available to the IIC at all times during the on-scene investigationand periodically available on short notice during the post on-scene phase of theinvestigation. This party coordinator must have sufficient status and authority withinhis/her organization to effect a complete and timely response with minimal need forhigher approval or coordination in response to a request of the IIC. During the on-scenephase of the investigation, and any additional field investigation activities, party coordinatorsare responsible for the behavior of their organization’s employees.

I know! They showed photos of yellow life jackets! Are they not counting that as debris?

I can understand you feeling anxious I'm in the same boat 1/2 my family is flying to go on a Mediterranean cruise on Saturday. I'm sure your husband will be safe best wishes to you.

Does anyone know what the currents are like in the Mediterranean sea the average speed debris would move etc?

Something interesting from the Guardian's feed:

(BBM)

One leading expert privately expressed concern about Paris’s major airport, which has had a history of terror-related activity as well as being a target; notoriously, the British shoe bomber Richard Reid travelled from Brussels to Charles de Gaulle to board a flight to Miami in 2001 despite security agents’ concerns.

and

David Gleave, an air accident investigator and aviation expert at Loughborough University, said that planting a bomb earlier in the itinerary was no more likely than in Paris: “EgyptAir had three security guards and there are thorough inspection procedures. Leaving a bomb onboard during five sectors [separate journeys] is possible but leaves a lot of issues about it exploding at the right point.

“Barometric timing [triggering through changing air pressure] doesn’t seem to be possible, and the longer you leave a bomb in a plane the more likely it is to be discovered.”

My husband just got back from RDU airport because he had to update his global entry before our flight and he said there was some kind of security event with the nonstop Paris-Raleigh flight that just started a week ago and we will return on.
edit-I have not found anything on the local news.

The stories I'm seeing say it crashed in Egyptian airspace. If this is the case, I think it gives Egypt the primary control of the investigation. This is concerning because as a previous poster pointed out, Egypt does not have a good track record of honesty when it comes to terror investigations. Hopefully there will be enough information available to other nations for the truth to be known, whatever the truth might be.

It does sadly!

Can you guys believe that media are still going around in circles if there was a crash --A320 dont "float". Fuel croaked hours ago .......jeezzzz I wish they all fact checked on stories that are not at this point in time a foregone reality!

And just like Metro, NTSB offered to help this AM - they dont take the help. These guys wont either. Its like the Pike County folks not having the FBI doing that investigation!!

Something interesting from the Guardian's feed:

(BBM)

and

Oh dear,I do not like this.I am trying not to freak about going but last time I missed it by a day and feel I am playing russian roulette,but don't want to let it keep me from going.I am more concerned with the trains.Do they still have ships that make the trip across the Atlantic?

Sorry that quote did not come out.

Oh dear,I do not like this.I am trying not to freak about going but last time I missed it by a day and feel I am playing russian roulette,but don't want to let it keep me from going.I am more concerned with the trains.Do they still have ships that make the trip across the Atlantic?

Sorry that quote did not come out.
I know how you feel. In March my daughter traveled to Ireland and back without us and I was scared to death. On top of that, Aer Lingus was terrible about updating flight info. Fortunately I discovered flightview.com and that kept up instantaneous tracking on the flight, that was the only thing that eased my mind.

It is a bit nuts that the angle is such a shock that France "may" have been "where" the bomb was placed? They have had two of the worst terrorist attacks in ages. We have all learned the intense prevelance of terrorist cells in the area.

We are fooling our selves to think that a terrorist did not get a job fueling a jet at the airport, or clean up airplanes at the airport whatever you know what I mean... Terrorist have always been fond of aviation attacks, that is just history, there is no reason to think that anyone can really prevent it IMO, just a reality

IIRC Metro, I dont think anyone took credit for that one - I may not be remembering corrctly .

We should remember that Metro was Russia and Egypt- not fond of us. Here, the French can not be kept out and they are on target with the NTSB - they are exceptionial!

Oh, MSNBC the guards are armed on Egypt Air .

HA CNN 30 minutes ago:

EgyptAir's Vice Chairman Ahmed Adel told CNN that the debris found Thursday in the Mediterranean Sea is not from Flight 804, which went missing while flying from Paris to Cairo. "We stand corrected on finding the wreckage because what we identified is not a part of ...plane

Greece is also denying now?

Athanassios Binis, head of Greece’s Air Accident Investigation and Aviation Safety Board, told state ERT TV that “an assessment of the finds showed that they do not belong to an aircraft.”

Does anyone have link to fight radar 24 of this flight? Why is everyone saying the fight was in "cruise". Their data never said it was doing anything but climbing? Check it out.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/05/19/reports-egyptair-flight-may-have-crashed-over-mediterranean-sea/84579066/

It is a bit nuts that the angle is such a shock that France "may" have been "where" the bomb was placed? They have had two of the worst terrorist attacks in ages. We have all learned the intense prevelance of terrorist cells in the area.

We are fooling our selves to think that a terrorist did not get a job fueling a jet at the airport, or clean up airplanes at the airport whatever you know what I mean... Terrorist have always been fond of aviation attacks, that is just history, there is no reason to think that anyone can really prevent it IMO, just a reality

IIRC Metro, I dont think anyone took credit for that one - I may not be remembering corrctly .

We should remember that Metro was Russia and Egypt- not fond of us. Here, the French can not be kept out and they are on target with the NTSB - they are exceptionial!

HA CNN 30 minutes ago:

EgyptAir's Vice Chairman Ahmed Adel told CNN that the debris found Thursday in the Mediterranean Sea is not from Flight 804, which went missing while flying from Paris to Cairo. "We stand corrected on finding the wreckage because what we identified is not a part of ...plane

Athanassios Binis, head of Greece’s Air Accident Investigation and Aviation Safety Board, told state ERT TV that “an assessment of the finds showed that they do not belong to an aircraft.”

Does anyone have link to fight radar 24 of this flight? Why is everyone saying the fight was in "cruise". Their data never said it was doing anything but climbing? Check it out.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/05/19/reports-egyptair-flight-may-have-crashed-over-mediterranean-sea/84579066/

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ms804#9c0b766

HA CNN 30 minutes ago:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ms804#9c0b766

ETA cruise I think means at cruising altitude

Found it - I think the report that it usually is flown by 737 is wrong. The last 6 days the A320 did the segment

They call the flight "cancelled"?

I was wrong just played it and it was in "cruise"

Alain Vidalies, the junior minister for transportation, said the security presence was a “usual procedure for EgyptAir planes.”
He also said the plane had not been carrying cargo.?????

ETA= Estimated Time Arrival.

http://www.nytimes.com/live/egyptair-flight-missing-paris-cairo/security-officers-onboard/

Life jackets could be from any ship, too.

A lot of life jackets in the area from the asylum boats, estimated 10 acres of them on the Greek Island of Lesbos so it wouldn't be inconceivable that the sea around there is also filled with them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mareno
Back