EJ's phone call to TPS 1/22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh that's interesting. I thought Tammi said she recorded it. I'm going to dig a little more.

ETA: Holy carp! Reading back, we had some extensive conversations about whether it was recorded, and I don't think Tammi recorded it!

It took her by surprise if IIRC. She didn't record it, but probably thought it would go to the media, so she went first. We get to see two TPS', and this is another example of her 2 sides (assuming there are only 2). When she went to the media about the call from EJ to her, she talks to the reporter sounding so sweet and innocent...which she didn't sound in that call, or the first call with the media trying to direct the conversations to how bad she wanted LM to look, or when getting out of jail and threatened LM.
I wonder how many people she has threatened to sue?

Can I just tell you all how much I love posting recorded statements by Tammi Smith? It's, like, one of my very most favorite things to do.

Tammi to Elizabeth, January 22:

Tammi: No, I told you instead of running and hiding and changing your identity go to a shelter...

Tammi on nationwide TV (Nancy Grace):

TAMMI: before Elizabeth went missing, she let us know that she was going to a domestic violence shelter...

Tammi on nationwide TV (The Today Show):

MATT LAUER, HOST, “TODAY” SHOW: Did she share anything with you about her whereabouts, who she was dealing with, who she was in contact with that you have not shared with police at this date?

TAMMI PETERS SMITH: There`s nothing that she said that we have not shared with the police since day one. She never, ever gave any specific details. It was always, you know, whether it be a domestic violence shelter, the underground.

It took her by surprise if IIRC. She didn't record it, but probably thought it would go to the media, so she went first. We get to see two TPS', and this is another example of her 2 sides (assuming there are only 2). When she went to the media about the call from EJ to her, she talks to the reporter sounding so sweet and innocent...which she didn't sound in that call, or the first call with the media trying to direct the conversations to how bad she wanted LM to look, or when getting out of jail and threatened LM.
I wonder how many people she has threatened to sue?

BBM. This is a great point - thanks Kiss - it's very important to me in forming my opinion of Tammi in general and her role in all this.

Right now I can remember clearly Tammi discussing this call back in January when she went to the media and her public attitude struck me as "how could Elizabeth ever point to me in this? I was duped by her, and I'm so innocent."

But now, hearing this call and Tammi's actual voice on the line, she is completely on the attack, threatening lawsuits and saying everything to distance herself, clearly someone who has thought about how to cover her tracks with the language she chooses.

Can I just tell you all how much I love posting recorded statements by Tammi Smith? It's, like, one of my very most favorite things to do.

Tammi: No, I told you instead of running and hiding and changing your identity go to a shelter...

TAMMI: before Elizabeth went missing, she let us know that she was going to a domestic violence shelter...

MATT LAUER, HOST, “TODAY” SHOW: Did she share anything with you about her whereabouts, who she was dealing with, who she was in contact with that you have not shared with police at this date?

TAMMI PETERS SMITH: There`s nothing that she said that we have not shared with the police since day one. She never, ever gave any specific details. It was always, you know, whether it be a domestic violence shelter, the underground.

The underground. Out of Tammi's mouth. This really concerns me. Also, the fact that she used "the", doesn't that sound like someone who is familiar with it? She probably worked with someone in underground adoptions, and wasn't EJ supposed to be leaving the country? How could a troubled young woman, who didn't have a job, be able to orchestrate all of this, and leave the country? It is expensive to travel and pay for lodging out of the country. Oh, how I hope someone will soon connect those dots.....to Tammi! What is Jack's involvement in all of this? Maybe, if Jack finally has enough of her, he will "sing".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here, ladies and gentlemen, is the Find of the Day from our very own super sleuth Kappy50!

Tammi: I talked about San Antonio? Elizabeth I don't know anyone in San Antonio, they already did the research and found I don't know anyone in San Antonio. There are no dots that connect me to you in San Antonio.

Elizabeth: Then it was Jack's friends like you said.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/phoenix/missing-baby-jailhouse-phone-call-5-3-2010

==================

Reporter: Investigators also interviewed a former friend... actually a current friend... of the Smiths who lives in San Antonio but they knew him in Nashville. But those investigators did not reveal what they questioned that man about.

Video: http://www.kpho.com/video/22340382/index.html @ 2:11

:croc: :croc: :croc:

Great find, kappy, my friend! Here's a :beagle: for you! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is exactly why I believe what Elizabeth said (in the 1/22 phone call) over what Tammy said.

LE released inmate phone calls via discovery, but AZ is known for being extremely tight on releasing documents etc. If LE released a phone call, it would indeed be released to the media, so it is possible that Yami requested this recording, and LE released it to her.

Maybe the easiest thing to do is to ask Yami where she got the audio, or at least ask if she'll confirm or deny that she got it from LE.

ETA: The more I think about this, the more I think this is the case. Because of the known difficulty in records in AZ, I was discounting it. But thinking about it, this is what makes most sense - that Yami submitted a request for release of this audio to LE, and LE, for whatever reasons they had, decided that this time, they would release. And that's a very interesting scenario, if so.

That's what I think as well. Maybe I missed it, but do other media have it? If not, I think they strategically released it to Yami. Or, she's just better than the other media:)

Notice that EJ's story remains consistent, yet TPS story mutates every time she opens her mouth. Hmmmmm.....

I definitely think TS played a role in Gabe's disappearance, and that video reaffirmed that for me. I wonder if LE bugged her house/phones/business when they did the search at her house and got her computers. Sounds like she covered her tracks quite well if we are to believe that conversation she and EJ had.

Tammi: I talked about San Antonio? Elizabeth I don't know anyone in San Antonio, they already did the research and found I don't know anyone in San Antonio. There are no dots that connect me to you in San Antonio.

Elizabeth: Then it was Jack's friends like you said.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/phoenix/missing-baby-jailhouse-phone-call-5-3-2010

==================

Reporter: Investigators also interviewed a former friend... actually a current friend... of the Smiths who lives in San Antonio but they knew him in Nashville. But those investigators did not reveal what they questioned that man about.

Video: http://www.kpho.com/video/22340382/index.html @ 2:11

Just realized something. In the first reference, that conversation took place Jan 22. In the second reference, that video is from Jan 26. Looks like LE lost no time identifying, finding, and interviewing the Smith friend in San Antonio following that phone call.

It's interesting to take a certain word or phrase, and then search and find where and how a person uses the same word. In this case, I used the word 'ruin':

Elizabeth to Tammi in recorded phone call:
You ruined my life from the very beginning.

Elizabeth about Logan in recorded jail interview with the reporter:

Reference 1) Because he had ruined my life and he hurt me and I wanted to hurt him, and that was the only thing I could say that would hurt him.

Reference 2) I was just completely out of my mind and just upset because of he just completely ruined my life and he pushed me to run away and... you know...

What happened between Jan 5 when Elizabeth's jail interview with the reporter when Elizabeth was chummy chummy with Tammi, and Jan 22 when this recorded call took place and Elizabeth felt lied to and betrayed by Tammi?

Looking for possibilities of what caused the change:

TS- we will be sueing you

EJ- for what??

TS- for what? for destroying our lives, and not keeping your mouth shut.

That's such an odd thing to say - "not keeping your mouth shut".

What happened between Jan 5 when Elizabeth's jail interview with the reporter when Elizabeth was chummy chummy with Tammi, and Jan 22 when this recorded call took place and Elizabeth felt lied to and betrayed by Tammi?

Looking for possibilities of what caused the change:

TS- we will be sueing you

EJ- for what??

TS- for what? for destroying our lives, and not keeping your mouth shut.

That's such an odd thing to say - "not keeping your mouth shut".

You know, one thing I can think of off-hand is from that Jan 5th phone call, when EJ says she has told the FBI everything? Maybe that was part of something that began to sink in leading up to the call on the 22nd?

WoW! BeanE, what a telling sentence.

Yep, Tammi is right in the thick of things. :mad:

JMHO
fran

Following up on what happened between Jan 5 and Jan 22 to cause the change in EJ's attitude toward Tammi:

Jan 5 - Grampa, Reporter, and TayJay call EJ at FL jail

Jan 7 - Tammi and Jack named POIs

Jan 9 - EJ extradited to AZ

Jan 13 - Tammi and ABC producer visit EJ in jail. This meeting's audio was never released, but the producer published an article with their account. Tammi was in a jolly mood afterward.

Jan 14 - EJ's grampa & twin bro denied jail visit. Tammi had to provide a handwriting sample to LE. EJ indicted.

Jan 16 - EJ calls grampa and asks him to come get ring and money. ABC calls EJ in jail and talks to her.

Jan 18 - Grampa visits EJ

Jan 22 - EJ calls (recorded phone call just released)

I'm thinking it's that Jan 14 indictment of EJ. Wasn't that when she finally got an attorney? In that timeframe? That would have been when the reality of her situation started to sink in, and she would have realized that Tammi was going to hang her out to dry.

Following up on what happened between Jan 5 and Jan 22 to cause the change in EJ's attitude toward Tammi:

Jan 13 - Tammi and ABC producer visit EJ in jail. This meeting's audio was never released, but the producer published an article with their account. Tammi was in a jolly mood afterward.

Jan 14 - EJ's grampa & twin bro denied jail visit. Tammi had to provide a handwriting sample to LE. EJ indicted.

Jan 16 - EJ calls grampa and asks him to come get ring and money. ABC calls EJ in jail and talks to her.

I'm thinking it's that Jan 14 indictment of EJ. Wasn't that when she finally got an attorney? In that timeframe? That would have been when the reality of her situation started to sink in, and she would have realized that Tammi was going to hang her out to dry.

So, could she have been misled by Tammi as to the seriousness of what EJ did with the baby? Why do you think she took the 5th on the stand though? If she wants to tell the truth about Tammi's involvement, why didn't she do it then? Are her lawyers really working in she and Gabriel's best interest? But I guess if she has pled not guilty, to give those details would incriminate her as guilty. Just guessing.

LE needs to bug Tammi's house! She's in this up to her eyeballs. LE obviously has not found any trail she has left. She must have covered her tracks and "dots" very well.

So, could she have been misled by Tammi as to the seriousness of what EJ did with the baby? Why do you think she took the 5th on the stand though? If she wants to tell the truth about Tammi's involvement, why didn't she do it then? Are her lawyers really working in she and Gabriel's best interest? But I guess if she has pled not guilty, to give those details would incriminate her as guilty. Just guessing.

That was a custody hearing where she took the 5th. IANAL but my understanding is that it was proper she did that because that was family court/a custody hearing, and her answers may have incriminated her in her criminal case. I'm not saying it was a moral thing for her to have done - just that from a legal standpoint, it was appropriate that she took the 5th.

So, that being family court/a custody hearing, it wasn't the place to address issues concerning Tammi - she needs to do that in the criminal court/hearings.

Yes, I believe her attorneys are working in her best interests, as they should. It's not their job to work in Gabe's best interests. Sad but true. Again, I'm putting aside moral aspects. It's how our system is, it's how we made our system work.

I'm still curious about that RING!!

What happened to it?

Does grandpa say he doesn't have it?

Couldn't they trace it?

It's an expensive ring. WONDER IF, EJ got it from TS????????????

They need to ask EJ!!!

JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member