Elisa Baker - Life Before Adam

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not seeing the logic in that article. So let's break it down once again.

According to what I have worked out, EB's 1st 2 marriages were legal.
JW 85-86 (legal, annulled)
DP 87-92 (legal)
(so far, this agrees with article)

Her marriage to AH 91-95 would not have been legal, because she was still married to DP in 91.
(So far, still in agreement with article)

However, the article states her marriage to WP was not legal. I disagree. The marriage to WP was 94-99. Since she was never legally married to AH, that puts us back to the marriage with WP. That marriage was legally terminated in 92, so, as far as I can see, her marriage to Putnam in 94 would have been legal and binding.

That would mean the marriages to Allred ( 97-00 ) and Young ( 98-09 ) were both invalid, since she was still legally married to Putnam until 1999.

The article states that EB's marriage to Baker was invalid. I see no reason that it wouldn't be valid. She legally divorced Proctor in 99, and she was never legally married to Allred or Young, so her marriage to Baker in 2008 would have been perfectly legal.

JMO

as tlcox stated clear as mud lol

technically on paper as we write it this may well be the case i think the grey areas come in as we dont know exactly when they divorced

gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr sill as unclear as mud lol

Dr. Know? Could you relink? That link did not work for me. Or tell me the name of the news organization that did the article you've snipped from and I will glady go and find it for myself.

TIA

ETA nevermind, found one of the sites that plucked it from the AP

http://www.valleynewslive.com/Global/story.asp?S=13964441

A little background on the annulled teen marriage snipped from the link in my post above

Elisa and JW both dropped out of school and lost touch for about a year before he ran into her at a local gas station. She was with her newborn, Amber, and told JW the baby's father had left her.

JW asked her out, and a week later, he proposed.

Since they were both under 18, they needed their parents' permission. They lied to JW's parents and told them he was the father. To prove it, they forged a copy of a blood test.

reallly comprehensive look at the life, loves and moves of EB pre-Adam has been prepared by the AP and picked up by numerous MSM sites today. Thanks to Dr. Know? for finding this info and posting it on the media thread.

snipped from really long article with lots of content going back to her HS years.

The marriage was rocky. The couple lived in a home owned by Proctor's mother, Levirtis White. In April 1989, White asked a judge for a restraining order, claiming Elisa was stealing and destroying property in the home.

According to the mother-in-law, Elisa said: "If I have to get out of here, I'll burn the house down. I'm going to kill this baby. I'm going to wreck this car. I'll kill those kids."

Two months later, the couple reconciled. Proctor's mother dropped the complaint.

Their divorce wasn't final until 1992, but the relationship ended Christmas Day in 1990 when Elisa walked out. She gained custody of Amber and Brittany; Douglas went to live with Proctor.

What a gal is all I can say after reading that article. So sad for Zahra to be left with this evil thing. jmo

I agree Dr. Know. What a gal indeed. That was a pretty in depth look at EB's life. My thoughts are, she had a heck of a knack for honing in on men who were for one reason or another, awkward or shy with women. It also wasn't lost on me that her propensity for lining up the next guy b efore tossing out the old has been her MO almost from the get, right out of HS.

This article shows alot of spousal abuse. With Elisa being the abuser. Im suprised it took so long for these men to speak out. Seems very telling to me though. I have thought from the beginning that AB was an abused spouse and this just makes me think so all the more.
The list of her abusiveness is pretty telling.
Hitting one husband with a bat and throwing rocks at him.
Keeping her kids locked up in thier rooms.
Slapping her own children.
running off with everything in houses (including someones hearing aides)
MIL taking out an order of protection.
scaring one guy into packing up and running when she was out of sight.

The list goes on. She is one scary woman. I believe she could kill Zarah and dispose of her without help. I also believe there is a good chance she manipulated someone enough to help her. I really dont think it was AB though. I wish some of her girlfriends would come forward and give some details about her. JMO

moo, I have a feeling EB doesn't really have any "girlfriends" to speak of. Her type of maneater is not one to forge samesex friendships, unless it is a means to have access to other likely men/victims, and I am betting any friendships she did forge, did not last, for just that reason.

I agree, this info paints a picture of a woman who has her entire adult life preyed upon men to further her own needs, abused and neglected her own children because they were incovenient, except as a means of guilting men who wanted to leave into staying around a while longer and using them to garner attention by making up false health issues for her children.

All the things that probably attracted her to AB and ZB. :(

Hello everyone I don't know how much of this has been discussed already but I wanted to give you all some info that I found in my local paper about Elisa Baker.

This one says what she was before and during Adam and the Associated Press contributed I believe.
http://www.bnd.com/2011/02/03/1577312/dismembered-nc-girls-stepmom-led.html

The next one shows who she was married to and when and that she was married to 3 men at one time at one point.

http://www.bnd.com/2011/02/03/1577326/7-marriages-for-stepmother-of.html

Just thought it that the stories behind the first article paint a pretty vivid picture of what she turned out to be in the end.

wow

I think we all have a good idea how much she abused Zahra

makes you wonder how much she abused AB

oh this is not pretty and it is going to get worse :(

What a Sick person Elisa was (is). I just read the news reports about her marriages and one thing sticks out to me.
http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20110203/WIRE/110209957/1151?p=1&tc=pg

She always went after those that had handicaps or seemed to have low self esteem. Or who she seemed to think had low self esteem. IMO.

She is a abuser in the worst kind of way. She not only destroyed Zahra's life but many many others along the way.

Those she married.

Jerry Winkler a high school drop out whom lied and claimed her first child was his so Elisa's dad would give permission to marry.

Joseph Proctor, who walked with a limp from a near-fatal car accident.

Andrew Harris Jr. recalled the first time he spotted Elisa, nursing a Jack Daniels at a little honky-tonk in Lincolnton.

Darrell Putnam had been deaf nearly his entire life.

Jeffrey Allred "I just couldn't take the abuse anymore," said the 6-foot-2 Allred, who weighs 260 pounds.

Aaron Young, It was the first time a woman had paid attention to him.
As a child, he had rickets, a bone disease often caused by poor nutrition that can cause skeletal deformities.

Adam Baker who had a child that was handicap and survived Cancer.

Before anyone gets upset with me . This is just MY belief. As a mom to a handicap child ( a mom period) It is my worse fear knowing people like Elisa is out there. It seems to ME that she married those that IMO one way or another got her attention. Elisa was a abuser and user of the worst type. She has filled her life with the need of attention no matter who she took down with her.

We can begin now to see that this EB that we are familiar with, is no one new. She has been exactly that person for a long, long time. This woman is one scary messed up individual. Her behaviors are the same as when as a very young adult IMO. The lack of consequences for her bad, predatory, manipulative behavior simply allowed her to feel more confident in doing exactly as she pleased.

She took the poor man's hearing aides, I mean just how low can you go?

~jmo~

Im sure thats why she kept Zahras hearing aides. She already knew they were worth money! JMO

WOW that's another way of seeing it. I'd just been thinking it was out of some sadistic, controlling nature (her withholding their ability to hear), but the $ issue is certainly valid too!

so she was forging legal documents as far back as her young teens ...

'Since they were both under 18, they needed their parents' permission. They lied to Winkler's parents and told them he was the father. To prove it, they forged a copy of a blood test.'

(My first ever thread - not sure if it's allowed? if not just remove)
<snipped>

I did read her MySpace blogs before her account was deleted but all I remember is her supposed 3xbraincancer in the 90s. Why would anyone say such a thing, when the people who know you know it's not true? Why did she (if she did) wheel her kid around in a wheelchair claiming the child was ill when she wasn't?
Where does this desperate need for attention come from? (JMO, but if you do this to your child you do suffer from a desperate need of attention...)

<snipped>

My thought is it could be Munchausen Syndrome
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/factitious_disorders/hic_munchausen_syndrome.aspx

and Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome
http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/sick/munchausen.html

The same thought has passed my mind too Jacie Estes! Though I don't know much about it myself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back