Embezzlement charges: discussion, etc.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
lauriej said:
...IT professionals.............didn't raven say he was working from home in feb/05, right after being fired, with an IT company ? in his postings on the VX site ?
...we've heard that raven's family has quit attending church out in utah........
...laying low...........this new info brings an entirely new light, and not a good one..........on his Mother for sure.............to what lengths will she go to help her son ?
Oh, I forgot about that. Why in the world would raven's family quit going to church after raven's wife is found murdered? Wouldn't you want that comfort of God, your church friends? Maybe the church friends think raven did it? Maybe they said something to offend the family? But then again, the entire world finds out that your son stole from his employer, that can't be too comfortable in a church setting (especially if you are guilty as a partner)!

ewwwinteresting said:
JG, I LOL at this one. Like we need proof that raven's mom is an embezzler partner to come to the conclusion that she is capable of raising good children and teaching them good morals. IMO, evidence is screaming from what we uncovered about raven and also from his brother's and sister's myspace account that she was definitely lacking in the parental supervision and teaching good morals category.

Whether raven is guilty or not, Kaiden should be raised by decent people such as the Christiansen family.
Oh, don't get me wrong - I completely agree. But with the way the courts work, it would be nice to have something concrete to prove that the Abaroas are not fit to raise Kaiden should Raven get arrested.

lauriej said:
Abaroa and a partner ordered dozens of pairs of shoes buthad them delivered to his address instead of the store.
This still sounds to me as if the partner was well aware what was going on, and was an active participant. But I could be wrong or the wording could be misleading.

ewwwinteresting said:
Ok, this doesn't make sense to me. If shoes were shipped to and found in the Ferrand Drive house, LE had to have confiscated them all when they searched the house...so, to me there would be no shoes to return to ES as raven's attorney stated at the hearing, unless the shoes were stored somewhere else.

So, it makes sense that there were shoes other than the Ferrand Drive house and there is shipping info. relating to an address in Utah (apparantly where raven's mom once worked)...doesn't seem like rocket science that mom was the "partner"! Am I missing something here?
Bingo, you hit the nail on the head with this post Eww. Guess that relaxed state did good for all of us. You said exactly what I wanted to say but I'm vacation right now, and didn't have the time to say it. Would you like a Coronita?

I just don't know how you explain a shipment of 25-30 pairs of shoes coming to a residence or someone's workplace--let alone an office that's 3000 miles away!

How could the prosecution just let this partner go free? I still think that there has to be a paper trail leading somewhere. SES--was the Utah adderss the address that Raven used in his scheme?

Jenifred said:
I just don't know how you explain a shipment of 25-30 pairs of shoes coming to a residence or someone's workplace--let alone an office that's 3000 miles away!

How could the prosecution just let this partner go free? I still think that there has to be a paper trail leading somewhere. SES--was the Utah adderss the address that Raven used in his scheme?
What I'm afraid of is that embezzlement just isn't a hugh priority for the prosecution...Especially if they are back logged. It's sad, because alot of people get hurt in these types of crimes, but IMO, the prosecutor just might cut their losses and fry bigger fish.

snapple said:
What I'm afraid of is that embezzlement just isn't a hugh priority for the prosecution...Especially if they are back logged. It's sad, because alot of people get hurt in these types of crimes, but IMO, the prosecutor just might cut their losses and fry bigger fish.
But they've got all the evidence, why not kill two birds with one stone?

Jenifred said:
But they've got all the evidence, why not kill two birds with one stone?
I agree Jen, but, unfortunately, I think snapple is right. Look at the fact that they had tons of evidence against raven and they still let him plea out!

snapple said:
Would prosecuting a partner be more complicated if that partner lived out of state?

ewwwinteresting said:
I agree Jen, but, unfortunately, I think snapple is right. Look at the fact that they had tons of evidence against raven and they still let him plea out!
I can't find the article but I know it's around here somewhere - it stated that it's not known if the partner profited from the embezzlement. So it does sound like maybe the evidence against the partner might not have been as strong as what they had against Raven.

JerseyGirl said:
I can't find the article but I know it's around here somewhere - it stated that it's not known if the partner profited from the embezzlement. So it does sound like maybe the evidence against the partner might not have been as strong as what they had against Raven.
Like the partner might have only supplied an address to have the merchandise delivered to?

Word has it that Raven's former co-workers and friends are selling Nike shoes and team soccer sportswear in an effort to assist him pay off the unreasonable amount assigned for him to repay his former employer by the court for his embezzlement. Donations are being sought and anyone who is interested in contributing can to the Memorial Fund.

NOT

golfmom said:
Word has it that Raven's former co-workers and friends are selling Nike shoes and team soccer sportswear in an effort to assist him pay off the unreasonable amount assigned for him to repay his former employer by the court for his embezzlement. Donations are being sought and anyone who is interested in contributing can to the Memorial Fund.

NOT
LOLOL!

However, my guess is, that if ES collected any money regarding Raven, it would go to Janet's family for Kaiden.

Then again, perhaps they could also collect money for the Prosecute Raven To the Fullest Fund? These days, so many state and local governments are in bad shape financially, surely the DPD or Durham DAs office might appreciate a donation or two? LOL

golfmom said:
..............per: the above link.............what does this mean ??

OFFENDER ETHNIC CODE:EUROPEAN/N.AM./AUSTR

...also.............it is nice to see, that in addition to owing the $9600.00 back to eurosport, he also is on the hook for the court costs........of $201.00...

...............VERY interesting stuff on the link gm..........thanks.......

lauriej said:
..............per: the above link.............what does this mean ??

OFFENDER ETHNIC CODE:EUROPEAN/N.AM./AUSTR
I was wondering about that too. I don't know if it's just a series of boxes you check to indicate your ethnic background or if you're only supposed to select one. I also wonder if this is based on information Raven filled out or if these are questions that were asked, answered, and entered into the system during some sort of interview or other procedure prior to the court appearance.

lauriej said:
...also.............it is nice to see, that in addition to owing the $9600.00 back to eurosport, he also is on the hook for the court costs........of $201.00...
I agree. But if I had to pay court costs on a ridiculous traffic ticket, he damned well better have to pay the court costs for his stealing! (I'm still bitter about my ticket - lol.)

JerseyGirl said:
I also wonder if this is based on information Raven filled out or if these are questions that were asked, answered, and entered into the system during some sort of interview or other procedure prior to the court appearance.
It seems to me like he filled out a questionaire. No one but Raven would characterize him as a "blonde". At his last court appearance, all highlights (along with most of his hair) were gone!

juliagoulia said:
It seems to me like he filled out a questionaire. No one but Raven would characterize him as a "blonde". At his last court appearance, all highlights (along with most of his hair) were gone!
You'd think they would require your actual hair color. Does anyone check this stuff when you're filling out a court application as a potential future convicted felon? Or can one simply walk in there, make themselves blonde instead of brunette, maybe a couple of inches taller and a few pounds lighter? Makes no sense.

JerseyGirl said:
I was wondering about that too. I don't know if it's just a series of boxes you check to indicate your ethnic background or if you're only supposed to select one. I also wonder if this is based on information Raven filled out or if these are questions that were asked, answered, and entered into the system during some sort of interview or other procedure prior to the court appearance.

I agree. But if I had to pay court costs on a ridiculous traffic ticket, he damned well better have to pay the court costs for his stealing! (I'm still bitter about my ticket - lol.)
...i don't think that LE would trust a suspect, POI, etc...........to check mark off their OWN boxes on an official form..........
...his hair WAS check-marked off as blonde AT the time........that day..( perhaps thinning...:).BUT blonde at the time the questionaire was filled out ..)
...i was wondering what the "ethnic origin: EUROPEAN/N.AM./AUSTR means ??
european ...north american.....and austrian ?
...( if that's the case.................whatever became of raven's OWN admission..........per ravenstree, that he's part hispanic.....part mexican ?)

http://web.archive.org/web/20010926223538/http://www.ravenstree.com/

*FYI: The symbols on the left represent my heritage. The Seal of the Menominee Nation comes from my father's side of the family and represents our Indian ancestors. I am 1/4 Menominee. The Abaroa Flag is a family "sign" brought to us from Spain (?? Maybe Bolivia??). I am not sure what the drawing translates too, but will find out some day! I am 1/4 Hispanic from my mom's dad, Ramon Vidal Abaroa (Tata).

lauriej said:
...i was wondering what the "ethnic origin: EUROPEAN/N.AM./AUSTR means ??
european ...north american.....and austrian ?
...( if that's the case.................whatever became of raven's OWN admission..........per ravenstree, that he's part hispanic.....part mexican ?)

http://web.archive.org/web/20010926223538/http://www.ravenstree.com/

*FYI: The symbols on the left represent my heritage. The Seal of the Menominee Nation comes from my father's side of the family and represents our Indian ancestors. I am 1/4 Menominee. The Abaroa Flag is a family "sign" brought to us from Spain (?? Maybe Bolivia??). I am not sure what the drawing translates too, but will find out some day! I am 1/4 Hispanic from my mom's dad, Ramon Vidal Abaroa (Tata).
I would imagine that the AUSTR means Australian. I assume that Austrian would fall under European, as would Spanish. And he covers the Mexican with the North American. Not a chance that Raven wouldn't make mention of his alleged Mexican/Menominee ancestry. :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson
Back